[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were people really still filming in 16mm by the 90s? Why didnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: blairwitch_attached_part2.jpg (62KB, 1260x560px) Image search: [Google]
blairwitch_attached_part2.jpg
62KB, 1260x560px
Were people really still filming in 16mm by the 90s? Why didnt they use videotape or Hi8mm?
>>
bump for blair witch
>>
Because you're autistic and the average viewer wouldn't know the difference.
>>
>CP 16s are still often used in small productions and in film schools. Many of these cameras were donated or sold off when news crews adopted videotape.

According to wikipedia, at least. I'd say it makes sense, given that they're supposed to be students who are renting a school camera to make something professional looking.
>>
isn't the set up of the film them shooting a documentary? back then film students still used Bolexes and B&W 16mm
>>
>Were people really still filming in 16mm by the 90s?
Yes. Lots of popular TV shows then were filmed in 16mm, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate Sg1, and Sex and the City. Some movies were, too; I know at least Clerks and Leaving Las Vegas were filmed in 16mm.

Actually, isn't this movie supposed to take place in 1994? That makes Clerks pretty comparable to the premise of BWP, as a somewhat amateur film made on a tiny budget.
>>
>>87054260
>watch the ending of the movie one frame at a time looking for signs of the witch or anything odd at all

Does not exist, such wasted potential.
>>
>>87056590
>such wasted potential.
People like you are why Adam Wingard was allowed to make a terrible sequel to this movie.
>>
>>87056590
>no post credits scene
we were cucked hard
>>
>>87056741
I'm talking about something so subtle that it would be impossible to notice it unless you're looking for it frame by frame. Like a disturbing shadow flashing by or some strange face appearing in the dark that is only visible with an image editor.
>>
>>87057129
That still doesn't sound like a good idea. What do you think it would add to the movie? The point of it being presented through found footage is that you experience the story the same way the characters do, and they never see or understand what's fucking with them.
>>
>>87054260
Video was completely frowned upon in the 90's. If you used it you were not taken seriously. Some indie films used video and got some attention but it really was George that set the precedent for digital when he decided to shot Episode II completely digitally
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.