[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Plinket voice* >IT MAKES NO SENSE why did Cersei lie about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: promo324259790.png (1MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
promo324259790.png
1MB, 1000x563px
*Plinket voice*
>IT MAKES NO SENSE

why did Cersei lie about sending her forces north. What did she gain by it? Seriously; maybe I'ma retard but I can't see how it changed circumstances in any way whatsoever
>when she said they wouldn't go up north
Danny, Jon and co head up North leaving the south open to be reclaimed and fortified by the Lannisters. Cersei has the Golden Company coming and she would have taken everything back. She even had an ethical defense because of Jon refusing to meet her terms.
>when she came back out to lie about sending her men to assist
Danny, Jon and co head up North leaving the south open to be reclaimed and fortified by the Lannisters. Cersei has the Golden Company coming and she would have taken everything back. only now everyone hates her more for being mean

literally what the fuck were they thinking when they wrote this?
>>
She had to convince them she would be an ally as Dany would have set the dragons on her. Not a good idea to leave an enemy to your rear while fighting someone else.
>>
>Watching Game of Teleports
>>
>>87047423
that doesn't make any fucking sense. by lying Danny can still send the dragons on her, it's just going to be a week later
>>
North lose and a million unsullied and dothraki plus two more dragons added to an already massive undead army

Bravo
>>
>>87047459

Did you not watch the entire rest of the episode where she mentioned she has a mercenary army on the way?

Or how about the rest of the season when they mentioned they are building a fuck ton of those scorpion weapons to the kill the dragons?

Fucking try listening to dialogue you moron.
>>
>>87047453
>half of the season showing how they travel would be better
>>
>>87047514
that would have happened exactly the same though if she didn't lie about going north. the exact same situation would have happened. She already won, she already had her way. Before Tyrion talked to her and she came out and pretended to go north Danny and Jon were already getting ready to go. They would have left anyway and no Danny never planned to assault the queen otherwise and Cersei had no reason to believe that she would. Danny made no threat against her and in fact verbally stated her intent to go north regardless
>>
>>87047563

You seriously can't comprehend why cersei buying herself time while The fight in the North is happening is a smart move? Are you dense?
>>
>>87047703
>buying time
buying a day or two means literally nothing. They'd know she wasn't coming almost immediately even if Jaime didn't catch up to tell them.
>>
>>87047563
She needs to look mischieves and treacherous why else ?
>>
>>87047703
But he is right... Inf fact, this will give her less time because now everyone will be like: Ohh she backstabed us, better cover our asses now.
>>
>>87047223
hot dog her performance is amazing and one of the few good things left in this show
>>
>>87047514
Bran: Yo dudes, Cersei totally lied to you. She hired a big army that has elephants. All of which can be quickly and easily killed with the dragons.
>>
File: Cersei1400546281352.png (84KB, 219x271px) Image search: [Google]
Cersei1400546281352.png
84KB, 219x271px
>>87047563
>Danny made no threat against her and in fact verbally stated her intent to go north regardless

Cersei believes everybody is an evil liar like she is, so Daenerys’ promise is meaningless to her and it makes tactical sense (if not strategic sense) for Cersei to let the Northmen and Daenerys’ troops take massive casualties fighting the Others while Cersei’s forces rest, recuperate and are reinforced by the Gold Company.

The way Cersei sees it, once Jon and Daenerys’ forces are broken and streaming down south, they’ll have no choice but to ally and become incorporated into Cersei’s armies, whereupon she’ll defeat the Others.
>>
>>87047964
>it makes tactical sense (if not strategic sense) for Cersei to let the Northmen and Daenerys’ troops take massive casualties fighting the Others while Cersei’s forces rest, recuperate and are reinforced by the Gold Company.
absolutely, but this was already achieved before her lie. What did her lie gain her that she didn't already have?
>>
>>87047964
But she literally has no contingency plan against the army of the dead. She's a retard.
>>
>>87047223
You're right you are retarded. She did it because by the time they would have realised it would have been too late to attack her again as the night king would already be attacking. Now she has the golden company to defend herself as well.
>>
>>87048028
>by the time they would have realised it
ah yes a day or two is what would have made or broken the difference between their decision to attack Cersei or go north

Oh, except it was never a possibility to attack Cersei then if she openly defied going north. They knew they didn't have time to do it then and Cersei knew they were going north regardless. If Cersei never lied then Jon and Danny would head north by themselves while Cersei gets her mercenaries and land back, EXACTLY THE SAME AS AFTER SHE LIED

her lie bought her mere hours of time before her enemies would know she lied. it's so fucking stupid, this anon>>87047782
is the only one who gets the point of this thread.
>>
>>87047558
And why not? Better than half the filler they already use
>>
>>87047897
Seriously though, why don't they just bring Bran along with them for stuff like this.

Cersei: I will send my army to the N-
Bran: She's lying.
>>
>>87048141
No because if she hadn't agreed dany probably would have attacked her. She had her armies at the ready
>>
>>87048214
I don't think anybody truly believes or understands Bran's power. Meera was the only one who did and Bran pissed her off and sent her running
>thanks for the succ bitch but I have to go. Call you later :^)
>>
File: Cersei704.png (212KB, 353x399px) Image search: [Google]
Cersei704.png
212KB, 353x399px
>>87047982
>but this was already achieved before her lie.

Only if Cersei believes Daenerys, which she doesn't and even if she did believe her, Daenerys explicitly stated that she intends on conquering ALL of Westeros and that means at best, Cersei is deposed and sent back to Casterly Rock, which will be given to Tyrion.

>>87048013
>But she literally has no contingency plan against the army of the dead.

Cersei's plan is that a reinforced and reinvigorate House Lannister gathers up the remaining forces of Jon and Daenerys and Cersei leads them in defeating the Others, who will have also suffered serious casualties.

> She's a retard.

Well, yeah...
>>
>>87048214
He can't really impact anything, it seems. He's just a plot device.
>>
>>87048274
>if she hadn't agreed dany probably would have attacked her
objectively wrong
Danny needed all of her forces to attack the army of the dead. She couldn't risk weakening her army or even risk weakening the Lannister army if the dead was a real threat. This is common sense that everyone understood and was talked about at that meeting as a common understanding amongst the characters.

your line of thinking would be legitimate if they didn't prove that the army of the dead existed with bringing the undead soldier before Cersei. If that hadn't happened then Cersei would have been threatened by Danny's army at her gates, but by proving that they really do need to fight the army of the dead she knew she was safe for the time being.
>>
>>87047223
There's a lot of issues with GoT but I don't think characters making dumb decisions is one of them, does every decision -you- take make sense? Cersei's whole thing isn't that she's some Westerosi Machiavelli but that she's an emotional, bitter bih
>>
>>87048516
>dumb
dumb means that you had reasons that were bad. Cersei didn't even have reasons; it's senseless. It shows that the show writers wrote that decisions for it to advance the plot, not because it's something Cersei would do. It's a prime example of grade A shit writing
>>
>>87047223
Either decision would suck for her. She has a navy but what the fuck are they gonna do against a land army? She has soldiers but again, not enough dragon glass to go around. Even if she helped I don't see why it would do anything. Even if they won they would still attack her afterwards. What she did makes some amount of sense, more sense than everything else that happened this season.
>>
>>87048393
But cercis decision will take them by surprise and by the time they realise they're not going up north euron will be on his way back with the golden company. It was cercis best option to lie just in case because even if they didn't attack then and there dany might have kept a few thousands unsillied down south to at least try and stop cercis advancement north. The lannisters couldn't contribute that much any way because they don't have a large enough army to make that much of a difference in the first place, and not enough Dragon glass to arm her army.
>>
>>87047223

It was because Tywin never told her that the moon is not an egg
>>
>>87048763
>will take them by surprise and by the time they realise
literally this would be a day or two later
>hey is Cersei coming north with her army? send some scouts back to see
>oh she's not coming, what a cunt
this would literally take three days max to figure out
>>
Why does everyone think Jon is honorable? They all know that he was the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and he abandoned the position to become King in The North. None of them know he died
Why the fuck doesn't anyone care that by all the common laws he should be executed?
>>
>>87048912
With eurons teleportation skills that's enough time to mobilise the golden company. And they can't send anyone back to fight after that
>>
>>87047223
I think that was the whole point. She knew if she gave in too easily they wouldn't trust her. I guess what she had to gain was more trust by team "good". That being said I mean the whole plan was retarded to begin with. Cersei cant go toe to toe with Dany , she just got BTFO in the last battle. So why in the fuck would you need to bring the whole council to convince her to stand down?? Cerssei doenst have shit except a wounded lannister army as far as they know.
>>
>>87047223
They weren't thinking. The writing is so shallow it's practically dry.
>>
"Ha ha I'll see you guys there in a few days ha ha"

"Hm, looks like she isn't here"

"It looks like she lied to us. Let's send a dragon to fry her other army."

This is the gist of Cersei's "arc" for the next season.
>>
Cersie was the only character I looked forwrd to seeing this season, because one can always expect some evil clever ruse she had up her sleeve.
All the protagonists are just plain f**king boring.
>>
>>87047514
>Did you not watch the entire rest of the episode where she mentioned she has a mercenary army on the way?

Are they fire-proof? Because they can be easily burned just like her troops.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.