[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you will about Mel Gibson, but he knows how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 170997_front.jpg (117KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
170997_front.jpg
117KB, 500x629px
Say what you will about Mel Gibson, but he knows how to make a good movie.
>>
>>87037856
btfo'd by dunkirk though
>>
>>87037881
this but ironically
>>
>>87037881
>>87038490
>PG-13 war movie
>BTFOing anything
>>
>>87038604
i said ironically, i think hacksaw is better
>>
>>87037856
this movie should have bee straight to video on Lifetime, such trash
>>
>>87038702
I was responding to his post unironically and your post ironically.
>>
>>87039090
2deep4me
>>
>>87039132
So what did you like most about Hacksaw Ridge?
>>
>I can't believe these dirty stinking kikes trapped us in hacksaw ridge
Jesus Christ Mel....
>>
>>87039150
story
>>
>>87038604
so you think hacksawshit is better than, say, The Longest Day? Bridge of River Kwai? Because it's higher on parental guidance ratings?

god, you're so obviously young I guess I can't hold it against you.
>>
>>87039820
Eat shit.
>>
>>87037856
Shitty propaganda flick. Garfield is a terrible actor.
>>
>>87040412
No he isn't.
>>
>>87040412
He was great in Silence. You're just a fucking normie pleb.
>>
>>87037856
no he dosent
>>
>>87040412
>propaganda
how ? war is over faggot japan is best friend now
>>
>>87039820
Those movies came out before PG-13 was implemented. Hacksaw Ridge isn't a work of Hollywood majors. And yet, probably it will be best American made war movie of decade. We're living in era of degradation of cinema, you need to appreciate those rare pieces of decent work by decent directors what we some times get.
>>
>>87037856
Suppose it's a story Mel felt had to be told so people realised the courage and faith of the man. But, it was a bit of a crap film really.
>>
>>87037856
It is a good movie, but nothing more because of the sheer number of overall flaws in the execution

>generic stock soundtrack with the blatant use of temp tracks
>the relatively small budget becomes obvious in any bigger scale scene with The Hobbit like extra duplicates and the fact that 90% of the movie is medium and close-up shots
>those playstation 2 like CGI warships
>somewhat comedic tonal shifts in certain scenes like that first bringing down of the wounded soldier without them noticing and the Vince Vaughn sled like ride and shoot, all the while "serious" soundtrack plays in the background
>Vince Vaughn's performance in general
>too one sided portrayal of the war where the americans are ultimate heroes while the japs are characterless absolute evil monsters
>pretty generic cliche narrative overall

Still enjoyed the movie in cinema, just don't pretend it's flawless.
>>
>>87037856
Why do you make this same exact thread every single day?
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Say%20what%20you%20will%20about%20Mel%20Gibson%2C%20but%20he%20knows%20how%20to%20make%20a%20good%20movie./
>>
>>87040756
>Silence
His accent and emoting were pure paint drying shite, don't encourage hollywood to stick him in more stuff by singing his non existent praises.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.