[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do any of the Lannister bannermen still follow her blindly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Worst Cunt.jpg (2MB, 2994x4500px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Cunt.jpg
2MB, 2994x4500px
Why do any of the Lannister bannermen still follow her blindly? Why the hell would Jaime leave KL alone when hes no longer KG and by rights Head of House Lannister (regardless of Cersei being Queen)? The Lannister Army has been with Jaime and commanded by him for like 3 seasons now, why wouldnt he take more men with him? Why would the army agree to stay under Cersei's command?

Also, consider this
>Boltons betrayed the Starks
>Tarlys betrayed the Tyrells
>Freys betrayed the Tullys
>Most of the Stormlands were with Renly against Stannis

Yet somehow, the West has never turned on the Lannisters despite all the weakness theyve shown since Tywin's death, and despite the fact that the Lannisters are despised but feared, and now the Houses have no reason to fear them. Are we supposed to believe all the Lannister bannermen want to follow Cersei to all-out war with dragons? Tyrion and Dany havent been able to turn a single Western House against Cersei?

>inb4 she has the mountain

Literally attack him with 10 knights and they wil be able to kill or subdue him. Is Zombie Clegane able to kill the whole Lannister Army if they turned on Cersei?
>>
File: 1435107014804.jpg (60KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
1435107014804.jpg
60KB, 500x241px
If anything it makes no sense why the riverlands haven't rebelled to overthrow the freys .
The Lannister bannermen probably would have rebelled if it weren't for a targaryian whore with dragons and a foregin horde at their doorsteps
>>
>>87027624
>The Lannister bannermen probably would have rebelled if it weren't for a targaryian whore with dragons and a foregin horde at their doorsteps
Thats exactly my point though. Their safest bet to not getting burned to death is to Bend the Knee to Dany and turn on Cersei. Its what happened in the Riverlands and the Reach when Aegon the Conqueror came to Westeros, all the smaller Houses joined him (in return he destroyed the Ironborn ruling the Riverlands and he destroyed House Gardner, who were betrayed by the Tyrells at the time)

Literally why has not a single Western House joined Dany?
>>
Tywin had the region locked up, and it would just take longer than a few years for any of the lords to amass power or form an alliance.

The lands are under the control of Dany for now. She pulls out as part of their deal. Maybe then we see rebellious former bannerman and stuff.
>>
>>87027742
well if Randyll tarly's reaction can be used as an example, i'd say the concept of honoring your oaths is pretty prevalent among the lords of westros . In the riverlands the Rivermen were red of opressive rule of the ironborn who were foreign anyways so it made sense for them to do so and most of the reach houses supported the gardeners, the Tyrells though being always jew-like were rewarded afterwards, which aroused a bit of resentment for a while, especially by House Florent
>>
>>87027502
Money and fear. Lannisters always pay their debts, and they have plenty of gold. Also don't forget the fact she blew up an entire cathedral with wildfire taking a bunch of nobility. She even has spies all over the city sniffing out plots. I'd be terrified to try anything in her.
>>
>>87027502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8eL2CjzHw
>>
The Lannister army is in shambles and about to be replaced by the Gold Company and the Ironborn aren't they? Who gives a damn what they think?
>>
Because the people in this fictional world are drooling retards. That should have been clear when Matt Damon told the blackfish to fuck off and opened the castle gates to Edmure Tully so he can stroll in and immediately surrender the castle to the Freys cuz hes muh lord.
>>
House Reyne were the last Westerlands house to rebel against the Lannisters and that didn't end up so well for them. All of the Westerlands houses would think at least twice before betraying the Lannisters, especially after Cersei just blew up pretty much all of her opposition before Daenerys arrived.
>>
>>87029355
>>87028304
>>87028003
>>87027935
All of your arguments are past-tense. This is THE once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a Western House to usurp the Lannisters by joing Dany, and we're supposed to turn off our brains and believe that literally no one dares risk it?
>>
>>87027502
Actually, my young show friend. There are a quite a few things you don't know.

1) you are wrong. Several western lords defected to the Starks when Robb marched west. So no. They don't all follow her blindly. Some have ready turned on her.

2) Many Lannister bannerman have already been killed and left children or weaklings to run their houses. These would be in a very precarious position and would not dare make Cersei angry.

3) The memory of Castamere is still fresh in the minds of older Lord's who survived and they can easily see that Cersei will obliterate them at the slightest sign of disloyalty

4) Many lannister loyal armies have been fighting together for several years. Its quite possible that the bulk of those armies are under her direct control and have been for some time. The western houses no longer have control over their own armies.

5) But say you are a western lord with a sizeable army that has not joined the lannister host. Strange given that that Tyson called his banners and he was not one to fuck with but just got the sake of argument lets say you didn't go. What reason do you have to go to attract Cerse's attention. The war has ravaged the north and the riverlands. Now the reach and dorne are beginning to burn too. What good reason do you have to oppose her? If she falls in kings landing bend the knee to the new queen. If she wins, thank the seven. Its miraculously peaceful for you in a time where others are being torn to shreds. Give thanks and be happy.
>>
>>87029478
Are there even any other prominent Western houses? Who would have the wealth and forces to pull a coup?
>>
>>87027502
>Is Zombie Clegane able to kill the whole Lannister Army if they turned on Cersei?
Yes, you dumb fuck, yes. Haven't you been paying any attention?
>>
>>87029852
>Actually, my young show friend. There are a quite a few things you don't know.
I will fucking jam my cock so far down your whore throat youll fall in love with me and call me Daddy. dont fucking call me a showfag, ive read all the books and lore
>1) you are wrong. Several western lords defected to the Starks when Robb marched west. So no. They don't all follow her blindly. Some have ready turned on her.
I meant since she has been Queen you dimwit faggot. Also, it wasnt "several" only the Westerlings defected to Robb because he married their whore of a daughter, and even that is questionable because there is a theory that Tywin orchestrated all that because the Westerlings werent punished. Also, you idiot, dont mix up timelines of characters,
>2) Many Lannister bannerman have already been killed and left children or weaklings to run their houses. These would be in a very precarious position and would not dare make Cersei angry.
Why does everyone keep saying not DARE make Cersei angry? Dany has 3 dragons, Cersei is barely even in control of KL, much less the Westerlands
>3) The memory of Castamere is still fresh in the minds of older Lord's who survived and they can easily see that Cersei will obliterate them at the slightest sign of disloyalty
With what army? All her forces are tied up in KL and Riverlands. Also, you dumb showfag, Castamere was from before Tywin even became hand, so it was about 40-50 years ago, im sure some Western Lords resent the Lannisters for it, and a new generation has been born that didnt see it firsthand
>>
>>87027502
>Why do any of the Lannister bannermen still follow her blindly?

Gold, motherfucker
>>
>>87029852
>4) Many lannister loyal armies have been fighting together for several years. Its quite possible that the bulk of those armies are under her direct control and have been for some time
Have you even watched the show or have u even read the books? Jaime is the commander of the Lannister Armies, cersei has been in KL being a whore the whole tine she hasnt commanded anything or anyone but qyburn
>The western houses no longer have control over their own armies.
Theyre literally her bannermen, not her zombies
>5) But say you are a western lord with a sizeable army that has not joined the lannister host. Strange given that that Tyson called his banners and he was not one to fuck with but just got the sake of argument lets say you didn't go. What reason do you have to go to attract Cerse's attention. The war has ravaged the north and the riverlands. Now the reach and dorne are beginning to burn too. What good reason do you have to oppose her? If she falls in kings landing bend the knee to the new queen. If she wins, thank the seven. Its miraculously peaceful for you in a time where others are being torn to shreds. Give thanks and be happy.
What a simple-minded foolhardy notion.

>>87030028
I think this is the best explanation, there is no real prominent western house other than the lannisters
>>87030262
>being this stupid
>>
>>87027502
BEST SCENE OF THE SEASON
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOMa0LeWArE
>>
>>87030028
House Lefford of Golden Tooth has gold mines so they're pretty rich. There's also House Marbrand of Ashemark who is pretty powerful along with House Crakehall. Marbrand and Crakehall are extremely loyal to the Lannisters though iirc.
>>
>>87030373
>I will fucking jam my cock so far down your whore throat youll fall in love with me and call me Daddy
Come romance me Romeo
>>
>>87030563

How long does Jaime last in a fight with Cleganstein?
>>
>>87030373
I agree with that "noone would DARE' mess with Cersei. Its like a reverse-YASS QUEEN SLAY where theyve convinced themselves that Cersei actually has any power. If her bannermen were to mutiny in KL it would be her downfall and she would be powerless to stop it, they could rape her to death if they wanted to, her power is built on a lie, shes Mad-King tier except literally nooone supports her
>>
>>87031442
Do you think the Mountain is following Jaime and next season will begin with a fight scene between them?
>>
>>87031504
I agree, literally 2 seasons ago she was stripped naked and made to walk in the streets and humiliated. We are supposed to believe everyone respects and fears her to the point they dont dare rebel against her?
>>
>>87027502
because it would be misogynist not to
>>
>>87031704

>remember when the sept made the queen walk naked through the streets?

>and she killed them all?
>>
>>87031726

So they are writing the villainous characters as being completely at odds with the sexist practices of the heroic characters?

What for?
>>
>>87031736
>killing some unarmed religionfags means shes indestructable in everyones eyes

If anything, that whole "blowing up the mecca of Westeros" thing wouldve made everyone join Dany.
>>
the fact that she is able to take the throne with zero legitimacy and not face any repercussions for blowing up the pope shows how bad the writing has gone
>>
Why are there Lannister banners everywhere in the castle? Isn't the ruling dynasty Baratheon and Cersei is one too, because she married Robert?
>>
>>87027742
>Western House joined Dany
starks did
>>
>>87032076
Starks are a Northern House you literal cocksucking faggot
>>
File: Houses of the Westerlands.png (1MB, 1280x1689px) Image search: [Google]
Houses of the Westerlands.png
1MB, 1280x1689px
>>87029852
> 1) you are wrong. Several western lords defected to the Starks when Robb marched west.

Only the Westerlings, who are a minor house and the Spicers, who are even smaller and both returned to the Lannister fold after the Red Wedding.

> 4) Many lannister loyal armies have been fighting together for several years. Its quite possible that the bulk of those armies are under her direct control and have been for some time.

They were under Tywin’s overall command, with Jaime leading another army and then after he was captured, Stafford Lannister took over and after he was killed, his son Daven and upon Tywin’s death, Kevin Lannister took over in Kingslanding (until he left) and then Jaime (until he left).

Cersei apparently would be in command of the remaining Lannister troops in Kingslanding but there weren’t many left.
>>
File: Houses of the Reach.png (1MB, 1089x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Houses of the Reach.png
1MB, 1089x1920px
>>87027742
>he destroyed House Gardner, who were betrayed by the Tyrells at the time)

The Tyrells didn't betray House Gardner, the wisely surrendered to Aegon and House Gardner was wiped out.
>>
>>87029478
> t. leftist or shitskin
She has 2 dragons and is bringing a horde of dothraki. Any proud white man with the tiniest shred of honor would die fighting to save the West. Clip related. it's something your kind will never understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEpk6hqC8nE
>>
>>87031442
Prime Jaime manages to behead him after a tough fight. This Jaime gets overpowered in a minute or two (disregarding plot armor)
>>
>>87032867
>He wrote, as his triple-chin shook in impotent rage and he cackled in glee while licking off the cheetos stains on his sweat-stained shirt in his coalburning whore mothers stuffy basement
>>
>>87031971
no idea, the entire kingdom was supposed to believe Cersei's children were Baratheon and when a woman marries she adopts that house and name, D&D are hacks who never read the books after all
>>
>>87027987
But stuff like that happened for every other region, it's not unique to those kingdoms. Lann swindled house Casterly of the Westerlands, if we're going all the way back like that, you'd think that would garner some resentment too. The Stormlands conquered by Aegon and given to his brother, and the Vale and Dorne conquered by foreign invaders.
>>
>>87030373
Cersei blew up the sept of Balor and killed an entire noble house along with any who opposed her when she essentially had no power save for a Maester, the little birds and the Mountain. She already pulled a fresh 'Rais no Castamere' with no army, no lord husband and no real power. Also the fact she secured and alliance with the Iron Islands and convinced House Tarly to swear fealty to her, a House known for being excellent soldiers and honoring their oaths probabl made her seem appealing. Also she was smart enough to paint Dany as an invader at the head of a foreign horde of rapists and savages. Even with dragons many would have opposed Dany due to bad memories of the Mad King and likely fear Dany would sweep their noble families aside.
>>
>>87031704
Yes, then she murdered absolutely everyone even slightly responsible. Even the guy who waved his cock at her and was bragging about it for the next few weeks was mysteriously found with his head smashed in.
>>
>>87027502

Because she's the only one who can pay them you stupid fuck. You think armies just fight for free.
>>
>>87029355
that makes sense if you're a lord or landed knight. but if you're some 22 year old knight with no land/family why wouldn't you just fucking leave, join a city watch in essos or some shit.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.