[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Ned tell her that Jon was a Targaryan? She seemed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 9l2i-Crt.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
9l2i-Crt.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
Why didn't Ned tell her that Jon was a Targaryan? She seemed like she would have kept it on the DL, it would have preserved her trust in Ned, and it would have saved Jon an emotionally abusive childhood.
>>
>NED IT'S THE CHILD OF A MAN WHO ABDUCTED YOUR SISTER!!!!
>NED HE'S A GRANDCHILD OF A MAN WHO KILLED YOUR FATHER AND YOUR CHAD BROTHER I LOVED!!!!
>NED HE'S THE REASON THE KINGDOM BLED AND SO MANY GOOD MEN OF THE NORTH AND RIVERLANDS DIED!!!!
>NEEEEEEEEEED
He made the right thing.
>>
The only way to keep a secret is to tell no one.
>>
my main man ned is a man of his word. thats it.
>>
He made a promise and he's a man of his word.
>>
>>87010621
Maybe because people in the north were exterminating every targ they could find
>>
>>87011157
This. Ned promised to tell no one, and he keeps his promises. Plus, he had no idea if Cat would tell anyone or not. When he came back North, he still barely knew her. All he knew was that when he came back with a baby (whose parents were the reason her original future husband was brutally killed), she just assumed it was his bastard and started treating it like shit for no reason.
>>
File: padme.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
padme.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>trusting women with secrets
Ned might as well have shared it on his Twitter by then.
>>
>>87010621
She is way to impulsive,the first time someone offends her with "Ned's bastard!",she would get like "FOR YOUR INFORMATION..."
>>
>>87011313
Wasn't the promise simply to "protect him". I don't recall her making him promise to some bastard narrative.
>>
I honestly wouldn't tell her, her in particular.
>>
>>87011490
lol this
>>
>>87011313
He was also most likely going to tell her once he was done being hand of the king, as he told Jon he would tell him once he took the black.
>>
>>87010621
Catelyn didn't know Ned for shit at the time, they married for duty so that Ned could get the riverlands' armies, he fucked her once and then he fucked off to war. They grew closer through time and I would guess Ned just didn't feel like talking about it.
>>
>>87011530
Lyanna said that if Robert found out who Jon was, he would have killed him, then made him promise to protect Jon. Ned obviously thought the easiest way to protect him and keep Robert from finding out his identity was by not telling anyone.
>>
>>87011600
>as he told Jon he would tell him once he took the black
That line was show OC. Book Ned had no intentions of telling anyone his secret. He knew Jon was safest with him as father. Nobody would ever dare touch a bastard of Ned.
>>
>>87011600
>now that you've pledged yourself to a lifetime of celibacy and misery, I want to tell you that you're the true heir to the largest political entity on the world

Lol, great parenting
>>
File: godsiwasstrong.jpg (280KB, 1093x1200px) Image search: [Google]
godsiwasstrong.jpg
280KB, 1093x1200px
>>87010971
>letting targaryen fucking shits alive
>right thing
Pick one.
>>
Ned doesn't tell anyone Jon Snows true parentage to keep him safe, then sends the dopey fucker to the wall where most people die within five years
>>
>Promise me, Ned
>okay
>>
>>87011768
He wanted to turn targscum into something valuable, pls don't bully Ned
>>
>implying any woman anywhere has ever kept a secret
>>
>>87011530
because it's more effective for Ned to protect Jon at the cost of his own honour than to tell the truth to anyone
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.