[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this guy really is just a generic big bad, isn't he?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 42

File: night-king.jpg (128KB, 2142x1316px) Image search: [Google]
night-king.jpg
128KB, 2142x1316px
So this guy really is just a generic big bad, isn't he?

We're not going to get any explanation of his motives, other than him being a mindless zombie trying to destroy the world?

What a fucking wasted opportunity.
>>
It's worse, it's gonna be another illogical time travel bullshit explanation.
>>
Bran Stark is the Night King.
>>
>>87007542
He isn't a zombie.
>>
>>87007542
His motivation is that sweet icey pussy
>>
>>87007542
>doesn't talk
>walks in slow mo like a retard
>has an army of retarded, handicapped, DEAD nitwits
WE SUPPOSED TO BE SCARED YALL
>>
>>87007542
It showed him being created by the magic elfs
>>
>>87007542

Nope, Weiss even said he's not going to talk, there's no need for him to, he's just evil. That's your explanation...
>>
They ruined it anyway. Book Others are elegant and beautiful ice fae who wear reflective camo armor and ride ice spiders, not wrinkly ice demons.
>>
Why didn't the White Walkers just sprint to the Wall?
>>
File: George-619-386.jpg (30KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
George-619-386.jpg
30KB, 619x386px
>Much as I admire Tolkien, and I do admire Tolkien — he’s been a huge influence on me, and his Lord of the Rings is the mountain that leans over every other fantasy written since and shaped all of modern fantasy — there are things about it, the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87007542
Imagine the Terminator if he were the supreme commander of his own army tasked with literally ending humanity by the tree people when they were fighting a war against the first men. That's the Night King.
>>
File: 1503934659428.png (538KB, 1459x860px) Image search: [Google]
1503934659428.png
538KB, 1459x860px
>>87007542
> you will never walk again bran
> you will fly

you have to fucking get it
>>
>>87007542
What the fuck could be more basic for an evil character than to snuff out all life as we know it? He is a Lich King. He needs no other motive than to end all life. He is the king of death, and he rules over death. Maybe his big reveal is the Night King is also a Targarian sense he is able to control a dragon, or I would argue because the dragon was already dead. He can control it because it is dead, theory crushed.
>>
Why did thisneed its own thread, liberal?
>>
File: image.png (161KB, 296x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
161KB, 296x270px
dude just turn off ur brain
>>
>>87007728
Much as I admire Tolkien, and I do admire Tolkien — he’s been a huge influence on me, and his Lord of the Rings is the mountain that leans over every other fantasy written since and shaped all of modern fantasy — there are things about it, the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords.
>>
>>87007983
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>87007728
isn't this whole war a show original?
>>
>>87007728
>What did he mean by this?

The NK better have some dank tax policies.
>>
File: Others.jpg (57KB, 355x550px) Image search: [Google]
Others.jpg
57KB, 355x550px
>tfw no Unseelie Fae Ice Elves force of nature Others but instead caveman zombies
Feels bad.
>>
>>87007988
dem tig ol bitties on the left
>>
>>87007988

Fuckin hell I'd like to turn her tits into cum mounds
>>
>>87007542
DUDE INCEST HOT
>>
>>87007988
someone leak these titties in the next fappening
>>
Hes going to take over Westeros to create football league so he can showcase his sick fucking throwing skills.
>>
His motivation is to reach his home, the big tree, and finally die in piece.
>>
File: MBY.jpg (158KB, 630x821px) Image search: [Google]
MBY.jpg
158KB, 630x821px
>>87007988
>>
>>87007728
No George is based, he had nothing to do with the show.
>>
ITS ALL JUST COCKS LMAO
>>
>>87008195
This would be the funniest epilogue in tv history
>>
File: GeneyBoy.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
GeneyBoy.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>87007605
>>87007615
Reminder that if this theory holds true then this man should sue Martin and D&D for their blatant rip off of TBotNS meta-narrative.

Martin has close ties to Wolfe and has acknowledged his influence on his writing.

Martin on Wolfe:
>"I don’t know if you know Gene Wolfe, one of the best science fiction and fantasy writers, in my opinion. Well, his work is full of puzzles and enigmas and you have to put a lot of attention on what he is saying. I remember one day I asked him: “Why do you use that? Is there a deeper reason beyond?”

Martin confirmed for brainlet.
>>
File: 812798_1314063851206_full.jpg (11KB, 310x295px) Image search: [Google]
812798_1314063851206_full.jpg
11KB, 310x295px
Anyone who thinks Bran is the Night King is a literal retard
>>
Not only is he just le evil ice magic zombie, the "highlight" of the series will be Jon hitting him with a weapon, NK will die and every single wright and ghoul is going to collapse at once. They established that with the expedition beyond the wall, and they'll present that highlight of dumb insta-resolution in the final episode.
>>
>>87008127
GoT fans think this whole board cares about their normalfag pleb show and can't stay in 1 or 2 threads at a time.
>>
>>87007542
his motives is that he's bran and is waiting for the lord of light to remove the obsidian from his chest with his magical flaming hand. aka jaime. the story and conflict begins with bran and jaime and ends with bran and jaime.

also.

Night King will die by having the dragonglass removed from his chest and the only person who can penetrate his magic ice bound body is a person with a magical fire hand.

-Arthur Dayne duel wielding instead of using his greatsword. The man who Jaime has always wanted to be. Didn't want to be a lord or king but to be just like Arthur. Duel wielding Jaime foreshadowing.

Victarion Greyjoy gaining a magica firel hand via fire magic.

Within the Red God religion you have the warrior order named the order of the fiery hand.

When Jojen Reed asked how will we know the end? and with an ambiguous response claims we'll know while staring at his hand engulfed in fire. Just like when Sam tells Olly not to worry about Jon coming back with the wildlings because 'he always come back'. A statement with more then one meaning.

Now in the new episode we have Jon stating how to defeat them while raising a severed hand lit on fire.

Lord Light = Āeksio ōños
Gold Hand = āeksion ondos

Azor Ahainnister and his magical flaming hand confirmed.

the night king just wants to be free from his cursed existence.
>>
The quality of the writing just nosedived this season. It's just become laughably predicted and cringey.
>>
>>87007988
THANKS THE GODS FOR BESSIE
>>
>>87007988
What... is she letting her rub her pussy?
>>
>>87007988
i'd like to punch these bitches so hard in the face
>>
>>87007709
>Book Others are just Elves made of ice

Real original Martin, really original
>>
>>87008356
What does that have to do with liberalism, you /pol/yp cretin?

Or is this just another ebin meme?
>>
>>87007988
>I missed out on fat tittied sluts by not watching this in bars
Next season fampais
>>
>>87008381
I like Jaimi and hope he wins game of thrones :)
>>
>>87007542
I was really disappointed with the explanation of their origin as well. Why the fuck would this happen just beacuse they sticked dragonglass in a man? At least use some fucking spell or something.
>>
File: tits.jpg (33KB, 380x676px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
33KB, 380x676px
>>87007988
>>
>>87008158
NK is probably libertarian
>>
>>87008858
>Joffrey was actually genuined crushed by Robert's death
This always surprised me
>>
>>87008318
negro you need like a 300 level IQ to get ALL the references and puzzles on a single read of BotNS.

like the dorcas one is obvious as is the little severian one but all the others are very well hidden. i needed 3 reads and that lexicon to make sense of some of the deeper stuff.
>>
>>87009622
Most of the meta-narrative can be picked up with a second read through and going through Urth. There's plenty of other mysteries in TBotNS but the subtext becomes readily apparent on a second read-through.

The whole theory about how Bran is basically effecting history and reality with unintended consequences and/or without fully comprehending what's really happening is pretty much ripped off whole sale from BotNS. There's another quote from Wolfe (in an interview he did in a podcast) where he talks about how he was in a writing group with Martin and some other lesser known SFF writers. He brought in the initial drafts of TBotNS (The Feast of St. Catherine was actually what was presented) and none of the other writers understood it. He even remembers Martin saying that it was "too Rococo".

I'll try and dig it up....it was an interesting interview.
>>
>>87009996
If you can find it that's be sweet. I really hope Bran in the books isn't the Night King and if there is a Night King character he is vastly different than the show.

Perhaps Martin intended the books to go that route but gave that plotline to the show and is doing his own thing.
>>
>>87007542
> next season
> 4 episodes in Night King is kill
> spend the rest of the season fighting for the iron throne.
Stupid how they spent 5-6 seasons battling for the throne then have them fight some evil that has nothing to do with the main plot yet it gets treated as though we should care about the NK plot more than the Swho will sit on the iron throne plot.
>>
Was the Night King an avid javelin chucker? Doesn't doing that shit take practice? Was there a point in his life where he did nothing but practice his spear/javelin tossing? Seriously, his form and everything was perfect.
>>
>>87010737

they've had a few thousand years to practice. must get boring up there
>>
>>87010737

I think that was also a heat seeking javelin.
>>
>>87008318
It's on the leaks.
>>
File: 1497829898633.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497829898633.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>87007988

BIG JUGGA JUGAS

GIB JUGS
>>
>>87007988
I'll tell ya what, them titties bu looking mighty fine
>>
>>87007988
Even though Harrenhal is off the table and cursed I bet those tits are not.
>>
>>87007988
As others have said, I too am a fan of those milk udders.
>>
File: bran.jpg (160KB, 753x478px) Image search: [Google]
bran.jpg
160KB, 753x478px
>there must always be a night king

what did HBO mean by this
>>
>>87007988
Clearly, those breasts are of a superior caliber. Much like season 7 in and of itself.
>>
>>87007988
I wonder if ole' ta-ta queen over here is aware of her vast cleavage. Me thinks so.
>>
File: nightkingsmotive.jpg (217KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
nightkingsmotive.jpg
217KB, 600x639px
>>87007542
The Night King is the hero
>>
File: Pojypojy_Griff&YoungGriff[1].jpg (38KB, 291x278px) Image search: [Google]
Pojypojy_Griff&YoungGriff[1].jpg
38KB, 291x278px
So, Young Griff is Jon Snow?
>>
>>87007988
I wonder if they'll do S8 at this dumb Burlington bar. If so, hopefully she puts a bag over her head and shows cleavage .
>>
>>87007542

>So this guy really is just a generic big bad, isn't he?

Generic big bad is usually someone with a very simple human motive. Night King is basically just a walking nuclear bomb and nothing else. Designed to kill everything living and thats exactly what he is going to do.

IMO he's better as a force of nature-type of villain who you can't bargain with or deceive. If he would start talking and cackling maniacally, would essentially destroy the whole sense of threat immediatly.
>>
Anyone else just hope the Night King and white walkers kill everyone and take over the world in the finale?
>>
Am I the only one who always thought that the night king's gonna turn out to have been the good guy all along? The lord of light and his priests (Melisandre in particular) have always seemed a little too malevolent. My money is on R'hllor being the true villain.
>>
>>87010399
How do you know this?
>>
>>87008479
It's what friends do. Have you never let a bro rub your dick?
>>
>>87012148

Almost, turns out the fair Forest Hippie Children Folk were the bad guys because muh humans spoil nature.
>>
>>87012145
>Night King sits on the IronThrone
>credits roll

PLS DND
>>
>>87007542
His motives are known you fucking retard. He was created to destroy humans. Those are his instincts. He's a force of nature-type villain
>>
i was hoping littlefinger to be the big bad since he pretty much was for most of the show but lol nope, make him act stupid.
>>
>>87012531
if you ever though LF was going to be the final enemy, you don't get to criticize GoT, or any show for that matter, because you're a fucking retard
>>
>>87011512
The leaks are BS.
>>
>>87012148

bran is scarier than melisandre
>>
>>87012531
What you won't do. Do for love.
>>
File: Darth_Maul_profile.png (785KB, 653x816px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile.png
785KB, 653x816px
>>87007542

Reminder that Maul > Night King
>>
>>87008408
Funny isn't it? Considering the series became popular and notorious for being unpredictable.
>>
He's trying to reverse the global watming caused by gendry making his HUUUGHEE HAMMAAA
>>
>>87008340
>Jon
>not Dany, Arya or Sansa
>>
>>87008195
He's playing Athlete Kings on the Sega Saturn paid off.
>>
>>87007811
Holy shit
>>
>>87007542
if the S8 leaks are true, he's not even the final boss
>>
>>87012143
>he's better as a force of nature-type of villain
This entire concept is so boring.
>>
>>87012143
>he's better as a nonentity that sometimes grimaces at the camera than an actual character
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>87008325
Tbh, the new look does make him resemble Bran's facial features very much. Not sure if coincedence or not.
>>
>>87012638
WRONG
WRONG
WRONG
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
sieg heil
nazi king
>>
>>87009483
Yeah, rewatching, Joffrey definitely has his moments
>>
>>87009622
>little

Who was little severian ?
>>
lmao, all these pathetic drumpftards now "rooting" for a literal monster

Really makes you think
>>
>>87007811
We literally see him flying as a raven a bunch of times my dude
>>
>>87009622
>300 level IQ
Nah, you just need to reread. I remember my first Gene Wolfe novel, Fifth Head of Cerberus and it reveals itself to you more and more with each reread as you shift focus and realise just how much is linked

BotNS is the same. Even with a "300 IQ" you couldn't do it because the books aren't written that way. You can't know a detail is important before you've seen the context
>>
>>87013872
What S8 leaks, the millions of fakes on plebbit?
>>
>>87014433
He's just trying to secure a home for the wight race.
>>
>>87007542
If I remember correctly GRRM said they were just different lifeforms, beautiful in their own way. I believe they just hate the living things with blood like we hate cockroaches or something.

Or they might need to do this every few thousand years because this is how they procreate and invasion is how they get sexual pleasure.

Either way, unknowns in a story makes it appealing to me.
>>
How can Westeros even think about defeating the White Walkers? They have more soldiers, are less vulnerable, and every time somebody dies, they get another recruit. Can somebody explain if they have a chance?
>>
>>87007542
Why does he not want revenge against the forest kids? He was a man. and the cucked him into white slavery. He should want them all dead.
>>
>>87008054
>Much as I admire Tolkien, and I do admire Tolkien — he’s been a huge influence on me, and his Lord of the Rings is the mountain that leans over every other fantasy written since and shaped all of modern fantasy — there are things about it, the whole concept
GET OF THE INTERNET AND OUT OF THE HOUSE YOU FAT FUCK
>>
>>87007542
He's Joffrey.
>>
>>87016757

Yes because Azor Ahai (Jaime Lannister) will kill them all with Lightbringer.
>>
>>87016757
Kill the leaders, and they all drop.

It's such a cop out but that's how.
>>
>>87007542
Daily reminder WotLK did this 10 years ago and did it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC_SZToF82U

>Arthas
>A Paladin disregarded by his peers
>Hated because of his royal upbringing
>Everybody assumes he's just a spoiled child
>Culling of Stratholme happens
>Realizes he needs to murder innocents to save his kingdom
>Seeks to end this by killing the Lich King
>Realizes the Lich King is just a pawn of the coming Burning Legion invasion
>Realizes only with the powers of the Lich King he can defeat the Burning Legion
>Becomes the Lich King
>Damns his soul to get the power to defeat the Burning Legion
>Goes mad from Frostmourne's whispers

vs

>The Night King
>A dude that became undead because some forest pixies stuck a blue blade on his chest
>Now he wants everybody to be undead
>Never talks

BRAVO
>>
>get long exposition
WOOOW THEY FUCKING RUINED THE STORY AGAIN LOOK AT ALL THAT STUFF THAT'S DIFFERENT FORM THE BOOKS
>get no exposition
WOOOW SO NO BACKGROUND AT ALL HUH D&D DO IT AGAIN
>>
>>87007542
Euron is the big bad. Cersei mentioned Golden Company elephants. The Season 8 leaks are true
>>
>>87017549
>Hated because of his royal upbringing
this is pure bullshit. His father, Uther, Jaina, Muradin all respected him

>Seeks to end this by killing the Lich King
presumably by kicking him in the balls

>Damns his soul to get the power to defeat the Burning Legion
how'd that work out

Arthas is a classic anime bullshit character with no depth. Do not for a second attempt to ascribe any real creativity to Blizzard. They steal shit and polish it but nothing for theirs is original
>>
>>87007728
That's a shit quote and he deserves all the crap he got for saying it, but it's not relevant in this situation because the Night King is an OC bad guy for the show because D&D felt they needed a Sauron character for the audience to root against.
>>
>>87008318
>Waaa shity author copied my shity
>>
>>87008325
Of course Bran isn't the Night King right now

But anyone who thinks Bran WON'T become the Night King in season 8 after the current one dies because "there must always be a Night King" is a literal retard
>>
B I G T R E E
I
G

T
R
E
E
>>
>>87008340
>"highlight" of the series
>implying the Night King won't die halfway through the season so they can get to the REAL final battle against Cersei and Euron
>>
>>87008408
>this season

No way, the quality has been steadily and evenly dropping since season 3, it's just normies are only noticing it now because the whole frog in the pot thing.
>>
>>87017549
Oh shit this horrible voice acting.
>>
>>87018454
>>87012885
>>87008408
>>
>>87008381
dude i feel like i am watching a 9/11 video or something lmao, go on i want to hear more interesting as fuck theory
>>
why did they witch ot 7 episodes again?>>87018561
>>
>>87014106
Big if true
>>
>>87016261
Underrated post post is underrated
>>
>>87007542
That's not a bad thing though. It's actually pretty refreshing in western tv shows.
I really hope they're just parasites with a propagation instinct. It's their nature.
Otherwise if it's some ancient guy with his own tragic backstory (which I fully expect) it's going to be boring.
>>
>>87016757
They invent the glock brand glock, mowing down wights with .30 caliber clips!
>>
>>87007542
I've seen this before. Like a horde of evil shit that just wants to kill people for nearly the entire series, and then at the last minute, whoops, they're misunderstood or some shit. If they do it, I guarantee you, it'll be awful and faced with backlash.
>>
>>87007709
Shut the fuck up with this

How are ice elves better than ice zombies?
>>
>>87007988
Hot! I want to fuck this titcow so hard.
>>
>>87008340
NK won't be the end; Cersei vs Dany will
>>
>>87007988
Dude, you sure got the longest .... reply numbers bar thingy ....
>>
>>87008146
D&D added the character of the Night King, but there's guaranteed to be a battle against the Walkers at some point in the books.
>>
>>87007988
boobs
>>
>>87007658
top kek
>>
>>87021017
You mean Jon vs Dany after she finds out he's a Targ and the rightful heir.
>>
>>87016757
They have a lot of weaknesses.

Even a minor wound from dragonglass will kill all forms of undead. They have a mountain of it to make arrowheads from. With their current manpower, the living could fill the skies with volleys of arrows and fell them all pretty easily.

Targeting the walkers is also a good strategy. Killing one drops large numbers of wights.

They also still have lots of wildfire to spread around battlefields and choke points the Army of the Dead must march through.
>>
>>87022151
That'd work with me as well. Anything but Cersei getting beaten by both and they rule as king and queen
>>
>>87022197
I bet the dragon is OP as fuck and won't go down easily
>>
>>87018232
> Bran: There must always be a Night King.
> Bronn: So it comes down to you, eh?
> Bran: ...Yes
> Bronn: Good.
> *Bronn stabs Bran through the heart*
> Bronn: Well that takes care of that then.
>>
The Night King is actually a really interesting guy once you get to know him.
>>
>>87007988
>all these omega males turned into goblins by fat and meat bags

No wonder women are turning into shrill harpies.
>>
>>87022274
It might be armored enough to resist glass arrows, but a glass-tipped, or flaming scorpion bolt will destroy it.
>>
>>87008408
>this season

Really? It's been bad for awhile. At least since 5.
>>
What is the night kinds retirement policy? What kind of pension could one expect under his rule?
>>
does his armor protect him from dragonglass or will he just shatter into pieces the first time he gets hit?
>>
>>87008318
>be influenced by people
>these people sue you

this is why nobody like you ameritards, you're all just downright crazy
>>
>>87007542
>AT LONG LAST, I HAVE BECOME THE GAME OF THRONES.
it's not going to much better than that.
>>
>>87019172
>at the last minute, whoops, they're misunderstood or some shit.
It's not really at the last minute. If GRRM has been consistent about anything with this series, he's always stated that none of his characters are absolutely good or evil and that everyone in a conflict has a point of view that matters. And he's pulled moves like that already, most notably with Jaime, who became a sympathetic character as soon as he started getting POV chapters. The White Walkers are obviously going part of that, too.

My guess is that they're just reacting to something that the humans did, probably as a violation of a truce made to end the long night. Maybe it's revenge for Rickard and Brandon's deaths (if the deal was made with Starks), or a delayed reaction to Aegon's conquest. Or something to do with people forgetting to sacrifice their babies. Either way, they have to have a valid motivation, it's just the way GRRM writes, which is also the same reason the series is probably going to end with diplomacy instead of a glorious war.
>>
>>87022478
No primary medical or dental, but good end of life care.
>>
>>87007542
if he as a motive, it will be a stupid one.

souce: ridley scott
>>
George hates war, he's a cuck. The white walkers represent nuclear winter and the dragons are wmd's
>>
>>87022790
Yeah, no.
>>
>>87008381
WOKE
>>
>>87018232
He's not fucking, Arthas.
>>
>>87012605
tyrion is the final enemy
>>
I work for the staff and Stannis never actually died, [/spoiler]brienne spared him and expected him to die. He fell into hiding on casterly rock's inner tunnels

He ambushes Kings landing when Cersei and others are preoccupied above the wall. This transpires during the first two episodes.
>>
>>87022728
He was once a man. Now he can enjoy no food or drink, take no rest, of have children. He has literally nothing left but a portfolio of magic powers designed for conquering the world.

What else would you expect him to do? Whittle?
>>
>>87007542
He is basically programmed to kill Mankind. The Children of the forest realized they made a mistake by making him and the other white walkers, and helped the humans fight them off. When they did that, they made themselves the enemy of the Night King. So yes he is just generic bad guy BUT he has no choice in it. It was his purpose to begin with.
>>
>>87014272
They are tho. There's like 2 different ending I read. One with Euron on the throne and Dany hanging frome the gates of kings landing and the other with Jon and Dany being King and Queen. Both sound bullshit to me.
>>
>>87007542
Bran = Three Eyed Raven = Night King

Time is cyclical for Bran. Not linear.
>>
why do people hate the night king?
>>
>>87018826
Budget. Big Battles and lots of CGI.
>>
>>87023256
He can't see into the future. Only the past and present. And only his mind can do that. He can't travel into the past physically.
>>
File: 2565462465657542461.jpg (88KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
2565462465657542461.jpg
88KB, 1000x563px
I have read somekind of plot twist about that the trees are evil, where are this theory come from?
>>
>>87007542
>We're not going to get any explanation of his motives, other than him being a mindless zombie trying to destroy the world?

He was made by the Children of the Forest as a weapon to defend their sacred forests. The enemy destroying the forests is mankind, so he's trying to end it. That's my assumption, at least.
>>
>>87023421
how many trees you know with blood coming out of their eyes that are friendly
>>
>>87008318
>Martin confirmed for brainlet.
was it ever in any doubt?
>>
File: 675249-crypt_keeper_large.png (349KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
675249-crypt_keeper_large.png
349KB, 300x450px
>>87008219
> die in piece
>>
>>87023421
Blodraven in the books straight out tells Brann that Darkness is his shield/ally/source of power. Melly Sanders describes the Great Other in terms of darkness.

The books described the Others as fay ice/tree spirits, and personifies them as the living forest taking vengeance.

It's also why people sometimes think Bran will end up as the Night King, especially since the Others were made by CotF in the show, and they serve Bloodraven.

While the CotF may not be evil themselves, they are also some sort of Fae creatures, and it seems the Others may be an off-shoot of them, perhaps brought about by humans fucking around with CotF Magic.

In any case, it's implied that the Others are the trees given human like form, and Bloodraven seems to to think that the Great Other is a cool guy.
>>
>>87023547
for me sounds like a "magic thing" that it comes with the fact to be an ancient god, if they are evil, why Bran didnt mention it or so?
>>
>>87007728
he means that he's a pretentious nihilistic cunt with a morbid obsession with rape.
>>
>>87007988
all you faggots treating 2/10 landwhales like goddesses are the reason why the world is in its current state please kys
>>
>>87023057
I would believe it if the actor that plays Stannis didn't despise the show.
>>
>>87012143
>If he would start talking and cackling maniacally, would essentially destroy the whole sense of threat immediatly
NK confirmed to talk and cackle maniacally in season 8.
>>
>>87023235
>One with Euron on the throne and Dany hanging frome the gates of kings landing
That's the second last episode. Lyanna rules at the end
>>
>>87023684
good and evil are relative
>>
File: 1483459342485.png (104KB, 197x259px) Image search: [Google]
1483459342485.png
104KB, 197x259px
>>87007691
>he's just evil
>>
>>87007988
Shes pretty cute, Too bad she has a Tumblr mullet.
>>
>>87007811
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>87008195
>football
>throwing
uh what
>>
>>87025309
merica football
>>
>>87007728
ultra kek
>>
>>87012145
That would be great but it won't happend.
>>
>>87023664
>In any case, it's implied that the Others are the trees given human like form, and Bloodraven seems to to think that the Great Other is a cool guy.
no, just no.
Re read everything and rewatch the series.
>>
>>87026323
nah, i'm good
>>
>>87010399
From season 1 it has been foreshadowed that a great evil has been developing from the north.
>>
>>87007542
I think he's a pretty cool guy, you all need to chill
>>
>>87007542
He's there to capture bran and make him the new NK.
>>
>>87008381
This is like saying Jaqen is Ned, it's a good theory but won't come true because of normies.
>>
>>87023341
>can't travel into the past physically.
how come Ned heard his voice?
>>
Calling it now, Jaime becomes the new night king. Gonna be just like bolvar in wrath of the lich king
>>
File: GRRM's books.jpg (491KB, 1000x2071px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM's books.jpg
491KB, 1000x2071px
>>87007728
>the sight of their arousal was arousing
What did Martin mean by this?
>>
>>87009622
That's nothing compared to all the references in a single episode of Family Guy.
>>
>>87027496
people get so upset about him
>>
>>87007542

Screencap this post and save it for next year at the series finale...

Night King is the actual good guy trying to save world from the band of degenerate sibling fuckers, hes the actual only good guy.
>>
>>87007626
I think "mindless zombie" was a figure of speech
>>
>>87027834
who dis thicc slutina?
>>
>>87027339
Was any of that physical?
Was he actually present in the flesh?
Is that air you're breathing now?
>>
>>87023256
dumb theory

if bran was any of those, then why was there already a 3 eyed raven and a night king? dumb fucks
>>
>>87007988
turn off my brain turn on muh dick
>>
>>87007691
jew?
>>
>>87027496
Who cares if he's a good writer or not? He's created a fucking awesome world and we just want to know more about it you faggot
>>
I think he is more like Dr. Manhattan.

He obviously has visions like Bran and the former 3ER. He knew dany would come.

He is like the flood in Noah's Arc. There is a point when Westeros has reached full degeneracy and needs to be purged.

He knows it is for the greater good, and Westeros will be better off.
>>
>>87029765
>fucking awesome world
Hella f*cken awesome, bro. Just turn your brain off
>>
>>87007542
They literally explained it last season that the COTF created him to fight off men and he got out of hand

That's literally all we are going to find out about him. D&D don't want to explain his motives and will literally end the Series with all of us under the impression that he is just engineered to kill humans
>>
>>87007542
They already explained. He and the WW's were created by the Children of the Forest to protect them from the First Men. In the books he's a commander of the night's watch.
>>
>>87023896
But what about that season 8 $$$
>>
>>87007659
That was Brandon as an adult going to negotiate peace with the Children to stop the creation of the white walkers
>>
>>87025309
He wants to be the goalie
>>
>>87007542
I usually hate villains like this but this did make me realize they're just a standin for some existiential threat like disease, natural disasters, famine, etc. I think it's okay for me in this case because they've already spent so much time on complicated characters and moralitities and motivations. Also I think Ramsey and Euron are worse dimension wise because they're just evil and edgy, while presumably the NK just wants more land for his people, whicj isn't really "evil."
>>
>>87031471
he's literally just a big bad that got out of hand and was kept at bay for 8000 years, not every character needs a 40 page internal monologue, especially not a show so character-heavy like GoT

Can't we just have some 1 dimensional evil guys for a chance?
>>
File: latest.png (150KB, 509x317px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
150KB, 509x317px
>>87017549
>simon
>stuck in a nuclear wasteland with a little girl
>Just wants to find his wife
>can't survive well without his crown, even though he's a genius
>crown makes him powerful with ice magic, but also makes him insane
>had to go completely mad to stave off complete destruction of his world and the ones he loves
AT pilot was a year before WotLK.
>>
>>87023133
He is basically programmed to kill Mankind. The Children of the forest realized they made a mistake by making him and the other white walkers, and helped the humans fight them off. When they did that, they made themselves the enemy of the Night King. So yes he is just generic bad guy BUT he has no choice in it. It was his purpose to begin with. Just don't let this choice distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.
>>
>>87021098
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>87029765
Reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>87029111
the sound he made was physically there even if the wasnt there in the flesh, its still a contradiction.
>>
>>87007542
Is Gene Wolfe worth getting into? His dying earth genre stuff interesting.
>>
>>87023664
The fuck does fae mean
>>
>>87007542
He's not the big bad. Cersei and Euron are
>>
>>87007542
He's there to save westeros, not to destroy it
>>
Stupid question from someone who has never watched the show. If the series is analogous to the war of the roses, who are the snow zombies supposed to represent? The Scottish?
>>
>>87035998
The black plague?

Islam?
>>
>>87007988
>23 replies
>No one to check those dubs
>>
>>87014433
YAAAS KANG SLAAAY
>>
File: IMG_1425.jpg (111KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1425.jpg
111KB, 640x619px
>>87007542
>mfw his nose

WW represent the Jews.
>>
>>87009622
Anyone care to explain some that stuff to a brainlet like myself? I gave up reading BotnS halfway through.
>>
File: IMG_1428.jpg (125KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1428.jpg
125KB, 640x638px
>>87036909

>look like people but aren't
>soul less
>people don't believe they're a real threat
>want to control everyone everywhere
>nose

Mygoditsfullofstars
>>
>>87007542
just get arya to anime run up to him and kill him
>>
>>87007542
What is everyone on this board too fucking retarded to grasp the concept of a force of nature villain? Guess LOTR sucked because Sauron wasn't dropping epin bantz about hookers and wine and cunts
>>
>>87009087
No, he obviously is a good commie.
>>
>>87023057
Why Casterly Rock?
>>
>>87027297
>aqen is Ned
>it's a good theory
nope
>>
>>87037335

There are plenty of people who prefer the political side of Game of Thrones more than dragons and zombies fucking shit up. No one is seriously claiming that LOTR is bad, but it's fair to not just want another LOTR.
>>
File: giv.png (49KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
49KB, 778x512px
giv fire gf
>>
>>87037335
Force of nature doesn't work when he looks and acts so humanlike. Sauron was fine cause for the vast majority of the time he was represented as the eye and an evil voice. Even when you saw him in "human" firm he was encased in armor. No face.
>>
Meh. I don't even care enough to keep watching.
>>
File: 1472591642930.jpg (20KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472591642930.jpg
20KB, 450x300px
>>87007542
>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

>>
>>87031394
So is he going now to Winterfell to kill Bran, to prevent him going to the past to Children of the Forest, so he can't get turned into White Walker and invade Westeros?
>>
File: (you).jpg (44KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
44KB, 628x628px
>>87029765
DUDE JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN BRO
>>
Is my waifu gone?
>>
>>87007988
BIG 'OL BOOBIES!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAHu2KifBQ&t

Check this vid, there actually might be some reason behind WW, instead of them just being ultimate evil.
>>
>>87007542
>character doesn't even exist in ASOIAF
>created out of thin air by the writers of the show, due to the fact that the series needs to end and their must be a main threat

As absolutely fucking retarded as Night King currently is, they do have one last opportunity in Season 8 for some redemption.
>>
File: 1501487262812.webm (186KB, 502x470px) Image search: [Google]
1501487262812.webm
186KB, 502x470px
>>87037735
Never from our hearts
>>
>>87037709
What I do when I watch Jimmy Fallon
Just saw a bit he did, playing a food guessing game with his guests. Dude is fucking retarded
>>
>>87008159

>the Others are literally the COTF

Really makes you think
>>
>>87008381
>the story and conflict begins with bran and jaime and ends with bran and jaime.
like pottery
>>
>>87012059
YA YO
DON'T GIVE IT UP NIGHT KING
>>
>>87012052
Holy shit. Talk like a normal person you retarded nigger faggot
>>
>>87007658
when you are seemingly immortal, the passage of time becomes a plebeian concept.

much like it has with the writers.
>>
>>87017549

wc3's story was so much better than it had any right to be
>>
>>87018003
>Do not for a second attempt to ascribe any real creativity to Blizzard. They steal shit and polish it but nothing for theirs is original
very fucking This. been doing that bullshit since at LEAST Lost Vikings.
>>
>>87038255

there's literally nothing wrong with stealing shit and polishing it
>>
File: 654987.jpg (37KB, 460x440px) Image search: [Google]
654987.jpg
37KB, 460x440px
>>87016261
>>
>>87038294
>playing with shit
if you're indian, sure
>>
File: 1279221872047.jpg (12KB, 233x204px) Image search: [Google]
1279221872047.jpg
12KB, 233x204px
So what's the Night King's end game? He takes over the world and turns everyone into white walkers. Then what? What's he fighting for? How does he spend the rest of his days? What will he do to pass the time?
>>
>Night King reaches King's Landing
>mfw Cersei realizes this city must be purged and goes full Arthas with wildfire
>>
>>87038380
Polish his ice lance I guess.
>>
>>87008318
GRRM is clearly inspired by Papa Pringles but only so far. They aren't the only authors to ever work with time-travel and Bran's story isn't really like Severian's at all so far beyond that they both endure a lot of miserable shit and start gaining insight into how the world works beyond what any normal person would ever know. I liked this little nod GRRM put in.
>Book of the Long Sun - Spymaster is named 'Spider'
>A Song of Memes and Reddit - Spymaster is named 'The Spider'
>>
>>87007728
You act like he already wrote all of his books.
>>
>>87007988
>watching fantasy dramas in a bar

Jesus christ.
>>
what was littlefingers crime he needed to be punished for now? He did save everyone with the help of the vale
>>
>>87007542
and yet he is still one of the better written characters on the show
>>
>>87008408
it's like anime, GOT is shonen now
>>
File: thrones_rings_starwars.jpg (451KB, 1432x1260px) Image search: [Google]
thrones_rings_starwars.jpg
451KB, 1432x1260px
>>
>>87029900
>cherrypicking examples out of a book to try and convince others they shouldn't like what you dislike because muh big IQ

talk about a small baller
>>
>>87039408
Holy shit. Kill me
>>
>>87039408
so brave...
>>
File: 1503370050656.jpg (19KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1503370050656.jpg
19KB, 353x334px
>>87007988
>everyone obsessing over this fat ugly cow
Her face is disgusting, she is an attention whore, tumblrina, her boobs are disgusting. Are you guys this thirsty? You are literally helpless against any whore no matter how revolting she is, as long as she has epic boobs.

Doesnt matter if she is a SJW whore, hell they dont even need to be female. Any dude can put on a dress and you draw out the trap faggots aswell. The source of all our problems is how incredibly thristy beta orbiters are.
>>
>>87009483
To him its his Dad dying. To have him be an asshole with even that would make him seem not human. I like that they had a little good in him
>>
>>87039678
I just want to fuck her.
>>
>>87039408
What an uppity negro
>>
File: 1499230575081.jpg (25KB, 492x683px) Image search: [Google]
1499230575081.jpg
25KB, 492x683px
>>87007542
I was just about to make a thread about him and how I'm swooning for him in a non-gay way.

That guy is the coolest character in GoT.

I'm rooting for his side to win, although, I know he probably won't.

I was going to ask similar questions as OP.

What's his motivation? What kind of ice cream does he like? Does he like to play board games? What does he do when it's summer?

I really like this guy.

Now he's got a dragon. He's a total badass..

When that wall came down at the end of the episode and he was riding that dragon spewing blue fire, I got fucking goosebumps.

I want to be just like him.
>>
>>87018232
Is he going to ride around on an ice wheelchair?
>>
>>87007542
Well the children manufactured him as a weapon to rid Westeros of humanity. It's a shitty motivation and lazy writing, but it would make sense if he's just bound by some curse to kill every person on the continent.
>>
>>87018232
lol don't be a retard dude. they spelled it out that if the night's king is killed his wights and other others will die too
>>
>>87018478
bait
>>
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (357KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
357KB, 750x500px
>>87009622
not even close

try reading a real book
>>
>>87008318
>TBotNS
The battle of the network stars?
>>
File: 1500514957743.png (2MB, 1248x896px) Image search: [Google]
1500514957743.png
2MB, 1248x896px
>>87017549
>10 years ago
>>
>>87018003
Uther did not respect him at all

muradin and jaina did though

you don't tell your prince to watch his tounge boy and claim he respected him
>>
File: blackjesus.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
blackjesus.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>87038164
>>
>>87040509
Glad you could bake it, Uther.
>>
File: 150394925333.jpg (98KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
150394925333.jpg
98KB, 750x563px
>>87011973
Don't know about the books, but I'll just leave this here
>>
>>87039408
I absolutely have no doubt a huge part of GoTs normie appeal is the the that almost all the main characters are white and therefor relate-able and comfortable to watch and its completely subconscious to most people.

A white cast is good business, I wonder if casting directors will fucking learn this.
>>
>>87007947
Pretty much this. He's nothing more than a blatant Lich King rip-off.
>>
>>87008340
According to the email leak Danny dies and somehow the magic babby in her kills the night king
>>
File: IMG_3930.jpg (240KB, 750x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3930.jpg
240KB, 750x1152px
>>87012792
Holy shit! I never noticed the similarities between the two until now.
>>
>>87018561
>its popular
>that means its good
brainlet
>>
>>87018232
>there must always be a Night King
Why though? There clearly was a time when there wasn't
>>
File: IMG_3963.jpg (27KB, 316x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3963.jpg
27KB, 316x395px
>>87012792
found this on google
>>
>>87029765
You spelled
>copied the war of the roses
wrong
>>
>>87039992
stop spacing like a fucking retard
>>
>>87007728
He meant "I'm not involved with the show's plot in any way these days".
>>
Season 8 will be nothing but theon greyjoy trying to save his mistress
>>
>>87017870
tbf isnt Euron getting set up to be the big bad in the books too?
>>
>>87023664
>its the ''fae ice elf'' guy
>>
>>87042534

Why are newfags so obsessed with spacing on 4chan?

Is this something redditors really worry about? Does it affect upvotes?
>>
>>87042764
>setting up boring theon saving yara plotline for the final season sucking up valuable airtime

jesus. dnd are stupid as hell
>>
>>87029923
literally
>>
>>87041941
I think its more the fact that it has muh stronk women than the fact theyre mostly white
>>
>>87007542
Show version?

Yes.
>>
>>87018561
This is TBBT levels of success.
>>
>>87044086
The book version doesn't say shit about him either.
>>
>>87044247
S O O N
>>
>>87044247
that's because there is no leader of the white walkers in the book

if you're referring to the one that fucked a female walker, he''s probably dead and not the same character
>>
>>87008318
Those books suck
>>
>>87008219
the big tree was north of the wall, he could have gone there at any point with no opposition from men.
>>
>>87008474
keked.
>>
>>87041668
god this shit is just way too fucking obvious

that + what we already know like the NK touched Bran and everything
>>
>>87045034
>NK touched Bran
like sexually?
>>
>>87007988
Literal feminist haircut on the fatty
>>
>>87040350
the book of the new sun. its a long as story about a torturer's apprentice who find an artifact and ends up time traveling, fucking his loli grandma and doing the usually shenanigans. It turns out the world is dying and he is the one who will save it but for him to save it he must exist, it turns out he was the cause of all his misfortune, because if things had gone another way he would not be who he is (or something like that)
>>
>>87007755
But AI doesn't exist in westeros m8
>>
File: game of frozen thrones.jpg (388KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
game of frozen thrones.jpg
388KB, 2048x2048px
reminder that there must always be a night king
>>
>>87045317
says who? RR loves the whole "the setting seemed medieval but its actually post apocalypses and all magic powers are from mutations and lost technology "
>>
>>87007728
Night King isn't in the books, at least yet. The Others are just some vague, leaderless threat. They haven't evene explained where they come from, unlike the show.

Basically, Georgie is right and D&D are shit.
>>
>>87045451
>D&D are shit
but why? I can't believe that they could not at least pay a shadow to come up with something better than phantom menace level
>>
>>87045451
>The Others are just some vague, leaderless threat. They haven't evene explained where they come from

L O S T
>>
>>87042999
There will be final battle between him and Euron an the end of Iron Islands arc and Euron will kill him with ease.
>>
File: other ice spider.jpg (600KB, 1314x1500px) Image search: [Google]
other ice spider.jpg
600KB, 1314x1500px
>>87023133
>>87023078
>>87012410
>After D&D:
>The Children created the White Walkers/Others because "muh woods"

>Before D&D:
>Prior to 12,000 years ago: Children of the Forest and Giants inhabited and fought over Westeros
>12,000 years ago: Arrival of the First Men and war with the Children
>10,000 years ago: Peace declared between the First Men and the Children
>8,000 - 6,0000 years ago: The Long Night begans allowing the Others to invade form the North
>4,000 years ago: Andals finally arrive from Essos and war with the Children/First Men alliance

So for roughly 4,000 years there was no sign of the Others, then out of the blue the Children created them? I mean just fuck the lore right in the ass. It's far better to pull a retarded tweeest, D&D. I could see if they created them during the Andal invasion, but they fought them thousands of years before. Also, the Others used to be described as Elvish, otherworld demons, not shitty men that got fucked in the heart with a piece of rock. Oh, they also fucking talked.
>>
>>87042999
with cringe start where dickless fag beats a reasonable man in a fist fight so other man suddenly want to go along with his stupid idea. a real crew would have kicked his ass and helped the guy he beat. sansa is right, "people" in this world are worse than marvel civilians
>>
>>87039998

the Nightrider
>>
>>87008054

Miura is the one who shaped fantasy
>>
>>87039998
ice magic will heal his legs, like venom.
>>87018232
my money is still on jon being the next NK. if they are not tottal retards its going to go like
>they kill NK thinking the droid army is done for it
>turns out their must always be NK or without him the dead rampage
>jon sticks himself to save everyone
>ends on le sad danny looking over the wall with her inbred son/stroking her bally
>>
>>87045736
that slow fuck is clearly standing on the shoulders of giants
>>
>>87007542
His motives are complex
>>
>>87045802
So like wows lich king endin?
>>
>>87045802
So they're going to rip off the shittiest Pirates of the Caribbean movie?
>>
>>87046586
yep. I don't see any other way to salvage this
>>87046598
If I recall correctly in that movie bloom got injured and the heart was the only way to save him. It was not a sacrifice, hell jack wanted the heart for himself.
>>
>>87037335
Because ASOIAF is suppose to be the antithesis to LOTR, not yet another clone
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.