[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Soderberghs Solaris? It's a film I find myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

Thoughts on Soderberghs Solaris? It's a film I find myself coming back to again and again over the years for its incredible music, visuals and minimalism. The fact that he wrote, directed, shot and edited the film as well makes it all the more impressive to me. He is such a special filmmaker. Also thought Clooney did a great job.
>>
bumping with good screencaps
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>87005502
Visuals were top tier. I fall asleep to the soundtrack every night.
>>
>>
It is one of my favorite movies. I think people give it shit because it's "sci-fi/romance/drama" with Clooney.
>>
>>87007078
If that's all people read from it than they're robbing themselves of such a good experience. For an American adaptation it really dives into the themes of human experience and what we really find happiness in as opposed to the society that surrounds us. It's such a revelation every time I watch it. Even though the Tarkovsky version is incredible, I find Soderberghs just touches me in a far more contemporary way.
>>
>>87006229
the soundtrack is flawless. so ahead of its time. i wish i could've experienced it in the theater
>>
Here's a short clip from the opening if anyone hasn't seen the film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t86sUKbwXKM
>>
>>87008059
>cuts his finger twice in the movie
I noticed the difference on my third viewing
>>
I watched it during a trans Atlantic flight, and while I did like it, I was horribly uncomfortable and tired because it was on the tail end of a 7 hour flight, so I feel like I didn't appreciate it fully/missed parts by nodding off/misinterpreted scenes. I'll have to watch it again, tbqh. I remember the tension when he first arrives on the space station being pretty fucking incredible.
>>
>>87008230
MILD SPOILER ALERT
The second time depends on your interpretation of his "reality" at that moment ;) The whole ending actually really harkens back to the tarkovsky version. I gotta read the novel
>>
Maybe I need to rewatch this film. I haven't seen it since it was in theaters and the only thing I remember liking about it was the soundtrack.

I love the Tarkovsky version though.
>>
>>87005502
ITS THE MOODIEST SPACESHIT EVER MADE
>>
>>87008451
Thats a shitty time to be viewing it. You need it on a big screen in a comfy dark room. But the first arrival scene at the station is incredible. The music really elevates so many scenes in the film.
>>
>>87009082
You really should. Alot of the pacing and cinematography will make u feel right at home if you liked the tarkovsky version.
>>87009103
yes :')
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.