[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw you liked the live action Death Note movie but it'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1497290400270.jpg (51KB, 1488x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1497290400270.jpg
51KB, 1488x1488px
>Tfw you liked the live action Death Note movie but it'll constantly be shit on by sheep who don't understand it was meant to be an American retelling and by people who shit on it because other people are shitting on it because that's the popular thing to do
>Tfw the movie had a good message about young virgins shouldn't fall for golddigging thots if they luckily aquire wealth/power because they lead them to do dumb things and ultimately don't really love you
>Tfw nobody would care if they made a live action Japanese version of spiderman where they completely changed some things and made the characters asian because the film was made for a Japanese audience
>>
>>86986358
> but it'll constantly be shit on by sheep who don't understand it was meant to be an American retelling and by people who shit on it because other people are shitting on it because that's the popular thing to do
It'll be constantly shit on because it's shit
>>
>>86986421
Not an argument sheep baka
>>
>>86986358
>>Tfw nobody would care if they made a live action Japanese version of spiderman where they completely changed some things and made the characters asian because the film was made for a Japanese audience

That sounds awesome. I After thermae roma I would love to see the nips do western shit again. Its a hoot.
>>
there's definitely a market right now for pretending something is the worst shit ever
>>
>>86986358
or maybe nobody likes it because it's shit

and there's already a japanese Spider-Man faggot
>>
>>86986475
It's a better argument than
>You're just pretending to not like it
>Stop not liking things I like!
It's shit, your taste is shit
>>
>>86986540
You just proved his point
>>
>>86986494

It's already been done
>>
>>86986549
Nah its more like you're an emotional brainlet babby who only develops his opinions from what people on the internet say.
>>86986549
Obviously meant a modern version but doesn't that get the point across anyways? Nobody cares.
>>
Come on OP it is shit though isn't it? I never watched death note because I don't like anime.
So I was judging this on its own entertainment value.
Shit.
>shit
>>
>>86986644
Nah was pretty decent tbqh
>>
>>86986620
>People only dislike it because of [flimsy justification] and not because it's actually objectively terrible
>Do you have any better arguments than that
>No
OK
>>
>it was meant to be an American retelling
Well they certainly made it very American (read: shit).
>>
>>86986723
>Brainlet has no comprehension of herd mentality
>Literally 0 knowlege of psychology
Honestly show the movie to 100 sociopaths (not full blown sociopaths obviously) and ask their opinion on it and you'd prob get more honest responses.
>>
>>86986620
Look you faggot. I watched it the moment I saw it on Netflix. I didn't browse 4chan before hand. In fact, i wanted to like the movie because I hate the pretentiousness of the weebs who commented on the trailer. But it's fucking bad. The synth 80s soundtrack doesn't fit the tone. They made it too goddamn highschooly when that was never what the source was about. And there are so many plotholes that just don't get explained. Like, why was Mia, a highschool girl, able to get the drop and subdue an FBI agent? Why is L a literal dumbass even though he's supposedly the best detective in the entire world? Why did the director feel the need to show that Light and his dad's house were next to some railway tracks and then never bring it up again? Why were the flashback sequences filtered through piss lens?

It's shit. Get over it.
>>
Unless your argument is that movies made for american audiences have to be shit, you're wrong OP.
>>
>>86986358

unironically enjoying asian style movies no matter what continent they are made on.

Fucking weebs. Your taste is honestly fucking trash.
>>
>>86987161
>The Synth 80s soundtrack doesn't fit the tone
Nitpicky/Subjective
>They made it too damn highschooly when that was never what the source was about
AMERICANIZED RETELLING
>Like, why was Mia, a highschool girl, able to get the drop and subdue an FBI agent?
Believe it or not what she did actually wasn't that hard to do. FBI Agents generally don't expect to get dropped on anyways they aren't some uber massive super trained hyper aware dudes. They're just people
>Why is L a literal dumbass even though he's supposedly the best detective in the entire world?
In what context? But I suppose i'll just assume in general and say Overconfidence, Ego, Autism, and getting extremely emotional over His psuedo dad vanishing then dying
>Why did the director feel the need to show that Light and his dad's house were next to some railway tracks and then never bring it up again
Why not? Also nitpicky.
>Why were the flashback sequences filtered through piss lens?
Idk prob to try and invoke an emotional tone or something like that.
>>86987298
Nah my argument is that vocal weebs shit on the movie en masse to inflate their vocal minority opinions to at an incredible hihg speed and which then caused a chain reaction of normies who never saw the movie calling it shit and people watching the movie expecting it to be shit and coming away thinking it was shit because of confirmation bias, etc etc
>>
File: 3892570-rolf.png (179KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
3892570-rolf.png
179KB, 480x268px
>>86987475
>point out something wrong with it
>You're nitpicky. Just turn your brain off.
>>
>>86987800
Those two things I called nitpicky are literally nitpicky as fuck. First one is subjective as all hell aswell. Second is just such a minor thing I doubt anyone even thought about cept someone with hyper autism I guess.
>>
>>86986358
It was a decent idea that failed in execution. The second half was a mess that would have been much better if it were stretched into a mini series.

Also the message in your second point is that absolute power corrupts absolutely, which is pretty well explored in the original show. I did like how Mia was more of an adversary than Misa, it would have been interesting to have Light juggle outwitting both of them for a bit longer

Tbh the Americanized aspects of it (high school drama, Final Destination tier death scenes) were the most interesting parts of the movie, it's in the Kira mystery chess-game, which is the bread and butter of Death Note, where everything gets retarded and falls apart
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.