[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled. I just wanted to say that Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

Now that the dust has settled.

I just wanted to say that Death Note (Netflix) is one of those rare pieces of great cinema to be released in the last 76 years (since Citizen Kane). The cinematography was absolute quality that really helped drive the tone of the film. The OST (composed by the legendary Atticus Ross) evokes emotion from each scene and really only furthered a strong and compelling narrative way that you just don't see much these days.

The set pieces were crafted with nothing but love, care, and incredible attention to detail. You can really tell that Zoe Jirik deeply cared about the world that she was helping to create.

The writing on this film is beyond words. Each scene was pivotal to the overall story and not a single line of dialogue was wasted. Truly a monumental amount of effort went into this script. It's especially brilliant when you compare it to the low effort superhero flicks (BvS, WW, SS etc) that flood the market like too much water in a dam.

Many adaptations these days get it wrong, and fall short of their source. Let's just settle this once and for all, Death Note did not. The character of Light in the original series is a little too unrealistically brilliant. What Wingard gives us is a realistic anti-hero bursting with depth. Not to mention the improvements on L's idionsyncracies (that aren't clear for the casual viewer of the original), which make his explosive emotional behaviour so much more engaging. What's more (than Dafoe's superior Ryuk?) is a palpable love story expertly handled amidst a film already thick with content.

All in all, Adam Wingard should be praised as one of the greatest film makers of our time. The Guest, V/H/S 2, and now this. Rarely does a generation get to witness such brilliance. C'est la vie, Nolan.
>>
>people who write in this book can't go to heaven or hell
where do they go then
>>
a voice of reason
>>
>>86979917
>red symbol on tab bar
>excited to read /tv/s insight
>excited for my (you)
>excited to be alive
>see this
>>
>>86979883
4chan
>>
>>86979883
I think it's implied that they become shinigami.
>>
>>86979883
they go to purgatory and gamble for apples cause they get so fucking bored of killing people.
>>
>>86980044
chekt
>>
>>86980044
where is this implied
>>
>>86980096
>>86980037

4chen is purgatory. we are all dead.

>>86979711

thanks for reminding me of this, OP. been looking for what to watch next.

>>86980044

what's a shinigami?
>>
>>86980177
Extended ending of the Death Note anime which shows a new shinigami talking to the master shinigami or some shit. It's implied that that person is Light.
>>
File: bleach-characters-wallpaper-2114.jpg (453KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-characters-wallpaper-2114.jpg
453KB, 1920x1080px
>>86980206
>what's a shinigami?

death god
>>
>>86980236
>Extended ending of the Death Note anime

We're talking about the piece of cinema you fucking weeb.
>>
>>86980206
>>86980177
a shinigami is a God of death in Death Note, it's what Ryuk is.
Now, I don't remember if it's directly implied, but it's said they can't go to heaven or hell. The Shinigami realm isn't heaven or hell. Also constant comparisons between Light and Ryuk (including crosscutting in the first episode of the anime) make's it seem to me that the very strong implication is that death note users become shinigami.
>>
>>86980236
it been quite some time since I've seen the anime but I remember the last episode mentioned that they go to nothing, during the cut off when you'd have a commercial and it would show rules of the death note
>>
>>86980308
He was asking where it was implied, they didn't discuss this scene in the movie anywhere yet. But in the anime it has been implied, maybe if they produce a sequel they will address an ending like the extended cut.
>>
>>86979711
Is this pasta?
>>
>>86979917
ANON BTFO
>>
>>86979883
>>86980044
I thought it was supposed to be that nothing happens to them at all since there's no afterlife in the death note universe and the death gods are just fucking with you
>>
>>86979711
That design has always irritated me, it looks awful. It's not scary to anyone other than a 13 year old girl, it looks like a bad final fantasy character.
>>
>>86979711
tl;dr
>even though the writing was shit it wasn't capeshit bad lol, so it was good amirite anons
>>
>>86979883
Nothingness if you believe what is said in the second movie. I don't remember the manga of the anime.
>>
>>86987021
>After the user of a Death Note dies, the place they go to is Mu (nothingness).
>>
>>86988443
No, humans all go to Mu, there is no distinction.
>>
>>86979711
this was a good shitpost, pretty funny
>>
I just watched the movie, it's unironically 10 times better than the Japanese ones.

It's not as good as the manga, but it's actually a fun spin on it. Black L was beautifully autismal, the whole Mia double-cross thing was great, it's a fun 90 minutes.

I thought it was going to be the worst thing ever from the trailer, but it's up there with Edge of Tomorrow in terms of adaptations that completely fuck with the tone of the original, but actually wind up being pretty good.
>>
File: Light-Ai.jpg (37KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
Light-Ai.jpg
37KB, 450x253px
>L-Ai-Ght

Light Yagami falls in love with L Lawliet.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by the shinigami Ryuk with the boy's phone number. The Desu No. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the master detective, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is L's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of JUSTICE.
>>
>>86989713
>>>/a/
>>
File: 1503850966342.jpg (83KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1503850966342.jpg
83KB, 640x1136px
>>86989713
A CIA agent falls in love with Bane.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the big guy's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he engages in banter with the masked terrorist and asks what happens if he takes off his mask, he says it would be very painful. The CIA agent says he's a big guy, then the big guy answers, "FOR YOU."

Confused by these turn of events, the CIA agent investigates and finds out that the man he called is not the same man he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the big guy's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of PAIN.
>>
>>86989713

Already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
>>
File: 1480931843968.png (224KB, 744x309px) Image search: [Google]
1480931843968.png
224KB, 744x309px
>>86989713
Keit-Ai has been made into:

>a wiki
>a fanfic
>a fictionpress story
>a manga
>a meme
>a series recognized by TV Tropes
>an anime preview
>an anime episode
>an anime series
>an honest-to-goodness anime movie
>Oscar considered
>a critically acclaimed box office success in Japan
>a worldwide hit
>the no. 1 highest grossing anime film of all time
>a certified fresh movie on Rotten Tomatoes

Meme magic is amazing.
>>
>>86979711
Is this movie really bad? All i'm seeing are people crying because "it doesnt happen like that in muh anime!"
>>
File: f9d2717d-s.png (285KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
f9d2717d-s.png
285KB, 480x361px
>>86989713
>this is a meme on /a/
>>
>>86989926
It was absolutely not bad unless you're a weeb. As someone who hasn't watched the gay Chinese cartoon shit, it was a great movie
>>
>>86989926
If you have shit taste you'll probably like it.
>>
>>86990094
I do, so i'll probably enjoy it.
>>
>>86989926
Death Note's quality was entirely dependent on the interaction between L and Light. If you remove that then what you have isn't deathnote.
>>
>>86990035
I'm a fan of the gay Vietnamese moving pictures, and I thought it was a perfectly passable movie. Not amazing, but better than I expected, and the only people crying are complete faggots who can't handle any deviation from the source material, despite that happening to them on a weekly basis because most anime are adaptations, and they're almost never just copy-pasted manga panels with a bit of movement.

They took some liberties with the concept that worked out very well for the sake of a 90 minute movie. If they'd done a full series with the same basic script, it would have been shit.
>>
File: 1503870495879.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503870495879.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>86979711
very fast detective running at incredible hihg speed
>>
>>86990142
He says, ignoring the entire latter half of the series after L died.

The point of the series was always a Faustian dilemma of absolute power corrupting absolutely. The asspulls between the two leads were just a fun time waster.
>>
>>86990256
>He says, ignoring the entire latter half of the series after L died.

Where did I ignore it? A large chunk of the fanbase stopped reading when L died and Mello/Near were introduced.
>>
>>86980308
Watching the death note anime makes you as much of a weeb as watching fucking pokemon or dragonball z u cuck

Dont be proud of your ignorance
>>
>>86990316
Watchin anything made in Japan makes you a weeb, weeb.
>>
I can't tell if OP is memeing but I unironically loved the movie, I really liked the ongoing cat and mouse game of the manga but the story structure and all of the characters were much more interesting in the Wingard movie.
>>
>>86990360
Watching Power Rangers now makes you a weeb according to your logic
>>
>>86990297
Post time skip is literal pleb filter, and its anime adaptation is total garbage. Death Note has some of the worst fanbase to ever grace Japanese media.
>>
File: 1503690169890.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503690169890.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
can someone make some webms from the movie death note 2017!
27:52 kiss and bra scene
50:04 upskirt of margaret qualley
59:04 cleavage in slow motion.
>>
>>86988903
this is not what Ryuk said at the end of the movie though. He said they go to hell or heaven, or nothingness if they used a death note.
>>
i liked it more than the japanese films. and it was hardly the worst anime film ever made. i thought it was ok.
>>
>>86992794
I thought we were talking about the source material.
>>
>>86992959
I don't remember the source material well enough, I was just saying.
>>
I didn't like much this movie, but the L and Light chasing scene, even though it has nothing to do with Death Note, was kinda good. It felt like it belonged to Blade Runner or similar movies
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.