[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/t obe-hooper-dead-dies-tex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

File: TobeHooper-e1485359491583.jpg (45KB, 646x455px) Image search: [Google]
TobeHooper-e1485359491583.jpg
45KB, 646x455px
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/tobe-hooper-dead-dies-texas-chain-saw-massacre-poltergeist-director-dies-1202539868/
>>
Well it's true. OP did not lie to us today.

Hooper is kind of like Wes Craven. You remember a handful of really great movies and you look at his filmography and just see 75% schlock.

Any TCM, TCM 2, Salem's Lot, The Funhouse, and Lifeforce are all good stuff.
>>
File: 19983747722438 (13).png (1008KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
19983747722438 (13).png
1008KB, 1920x1080px
>>86924914
Damn.
>>
>>86924914
Oh wow. Sticky when?
>>
MODS STICKY NOW
>>
File: texas_chainsaw_massacre_ver3.jpg (85KB, 535x718px) Image search: [Google]
texas_chainsaw_massacre_ver3.jpg
85KB, 535x718px
F
>>
>>86924914
Rest in pieces
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>86925028
>Oh wow. Sticky when?
>>86925031
>MODS STICKY NOW

Ha. Not these mods. We literally had to wait like five years for them to give Christopher Lee his own sticky.
>>
>>86925070
Reddit, get out of here.
>>
We were just talking about him! Ths is hitting too hard.

Even if Hooper was a crack abusing hack that Spielberg alwas had to bail out....
>>
He will be missed. Like George Romero who recently passed, he created some of the most influential and amazing horror films ever. Love the original Chainsaw, and the sequel as a cult guilty pleasure. Sad to hear.
>>
>>86925085
And yet Romero got his in the five mins. Fucking mods.
>>
>>86924914
>POC release fresh new films every day
>completely ignored

>white male who made a few moderately successful movies 40 years ago finally dies
>OMG RIP ;( MODS STICKY NOW

disgusting
>>
R.I.P

I've had Lifeforce sitting on my hard drive for like a year now. Is it worth watching?
>>
File: livin dream.png (158KB, 1448x980px) Image search: [Google]
livin dream.png
158KB, 1448x980px
>>
>>86925201
A year? Fucking watch it now.
>>
>>86925177
False-flagging /pol/tard kys with a chainsaw
>>
File: 8d0.jpg.cf.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg.cf.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>86925177
>>
File: jobeth-williams-poltergeist.gif (1MB, 352x258px) Image search: [Google]
jobeth-williams-poltergeist.gif
1MB, 352x258px
>>86924914
Poltergeist had some excellent ectoplasm material. RIP.
>>
>>86924979
Don't forget fucking Poltergeist and Crocodile.
>>
>>86924979

>Hooper is kind of like Wes Craven. You remember a handful of really great movies and you look at his filmography and just see 75% schlock.

You mean like the vast majority of directors with a decently long career.

Anyway, when I heard there was going to be a Poltergeist reboot/remake I hoped it would be him directing, and that was pretty much the last time his name popped into my head until now.

RIP Tobe
>>
>>86925307
He barely had anything to do with Poltergeist.
>>
>>86925321
I mean, it's not like he directed it or anything...
>>
File: tcm2.jpg (418KB, 1900x1482px) Image search: [Google]
tcm2.jpg
418KB, 1900x1482px
Am I the only one who prefers Chainsaw 2 to Chainsaw 1?
>>
>>86925338
He didn't. Steven Spielberg did. Due to union issues Hooper's name was used. Everyone on the cast said that Spielberg directed it.
>>
>>86924914
That's some shit. TCM is genuinely one of the greatest movies ever made.
>>
File: Steven Speilberg and wife.jpg (25KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
Steven Speilberg and wife.jpg
25KB, 332x443px
>>86925338
>>86925321
>""Tobe Hooper was an amazing director, but just not as good as me, so I just let him hang around the Poltergeist set to make him feel better about himself, namely by watching how a professional directs a movie. Me." Steven Speilberg 1982.
>>
>>86925391
>Am I the only one who prefers Chainsaw 2 to Chainsaw 1?

I remember seeing TCM 2 as a kid back in the early 1990s and thinking it was really weird and wild and I had fond memories of it.

I saw it again recently and it was different and not as great as I had remembered. Most of the entire second half is just Dennis Hopper walking around screaming and singing and chopping through wooden beams with his chainsaw. He sneaks into the bad guys lair and they don't even know he's there and he just wanders around for about forty minutes of the movie shouting and singing to himself.
>>
RIP Tobe, dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
>>
>>86925395

I've heard this nonsense before, show me anything to back this up with
>>
>>86925448
It's been backed up since it came out. Just do a simple internet search.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/poltergeist-steven-spielberg-director-conspiracy-theory-confirmed-tobe-hooper-a7846651.html

>Claims which have now been more-or-less confirmed by one of Poltergeist's own crew members, John Leonetti. A director now in his own right, behind 2014's Annabelle, Leonetti worked as first assistant camera on the film and revealed the truth to the Shock Waves podcast.

>"It was a very intense, very fun, very technical movie to work on. There’s a lot going on. And candidly… Steven Spielberg directed that movie. There’s no question," he stated. "However, Tobe Hooper – I adore. I love that man so much."

>"Hooper was so nice and just happy to be there. He creatively had input," he elaborated. "Steven developed the movie, and it was his to direct, except there was anticipation of a director’s strike, so he was ‘the producer’ but really he directed it in case there was going to be a strike and Tobe was cool with that."

Not just him though. Through out the years other crew and cast members like Craig T. Nelson have all said that Spielberg directed.

Sorry but it's true.
>>
>>86924914
Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the best horror film I've ever seen.

Plus he got us Elizabeth Berridge's awesome tits on screen and a copious amount of nude Mathilda May.

RIP in peace.
>>
>Zelda Rubinstein: I can tell you that Steven directed all six days I was there. I only worked six days on the film and Steven was there. Tobe set up the shots and Steven made the adjustments. You’re not going to hear that from Tobe Hooper, you’ll hear it from Zelda, because that was my honest to God experience.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34266
>>
>>86925558

I wouldn't believe that retard Zelda Rubinstein, she could make up anything.

However hearing one of the camera assistant who were there for the entire shoot say it was Spielberg directing certainly has weight.
>>
File: Moderation (13).jpg (47KB, 598x199px) Image search: [Google]
Moderation (13).jpg
47KB, 598x199px
Reminder

Didn't get a sticky
>Michael cimino
>Seijun Suzuki
>Jacques rivette
>Andrzej Wajda
>Andrzej Zulawski
>Vilmos Szigmond
>Etore Scola
>Abbas Kiarostami
>Tobe Hooper
>Dennis Hopper
>Jeanne Moreau
>Lauren Bacall
>Bud Spencer
>Sam Shepard
>Martin Landau
>Peter O'Toole

Did get a sticky
>Gay nigger from HBO's vampire soap opera
>Mom from some old American sitcom
>Dad from some 80's kid comedy
>Ryan Dunn
>>
>>86925649
>nigger
You mean "black man?" Anon, are you okay? Are you scared of black people?
>>
>>86925391
Yes, it is top tier horror camp fun.

>>86925441
>He sneaks into the bad guys lair and they don't even know he's there and he just wanders around for about forty minutes of the movie shouting and singing to himself.

But that's what makes it so fun.
>>
File: lastactionhero_1.jpg (154KB, 1920x803px) Image search: [Google]
lastactionhero_1.jpg
154KB, 1920x803px
"Tobe, or not Tobe? ...Not Tobe."
>>
File: sad bulldoggo.jpg (57KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
sad bulldoggo.jpg
57KB, 500x601px
Am I the only person who likes his version of Invaders from Mars?
>>
File: wise-blood-brad-dourif.jpg (25KB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
wise-blood-brad-dourif.jpg
25KB, 390x220px
Is Spontaneous Combustion worth watching? It has terrible reviews, but it has Based Brad Dourif. Is it decent enough to sit through if you're a Dourif junkie?
>>
>>86925391
I love them both in their own way just like Gremlins 1 & 2.
>>
F
>>
>Jonathan Demme
>George A. Romero
>Tobe Hooper
Fuck 2017
>>
>>86925070
under 18 not allowed on 4chan.
>>
>>86925338
You really don't know? I mean it's pretty clear from watching Poltergeist that it's just Close Encounters but with ghosts.
>>
>another white guy dies

who the fuck care?
>>
>>86928937
But that's sort of the Spielberg golden era where he made movies with a simple premise:
What if ghosts were real?
What if UFOs were real?
What if sea monsters were real?
And so how would one tell a story about these topics on screen if these things were real?

Anyhow this is a Toby Hooper thread, so sorry you're dead man, you gave us some neat stuff.
>>
>No sticky for one of the most legendary, iconic directors of all time.

This fucking board.
>>
>>86929701
this, whens dat next key and peele joint drop?
>>
>>86925177
>fresh new films
go ahead name one
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.