[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why do you think this is worse overall than the first GotG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1233.jpg (2MB, 3000x2025px) Image search: [Google]
1233.jpg
2MB, 3000x2025px
So, why do you think this is worse overall than the first GotG? Is it because it's not a surprise hit anymore? Were expectations high and when it didn't exceed the first movie, that made it worse?
>>
>>86916688
Music wasn't memorable at all.
Come A Little Bit Closer scene was the only song I remember from Vol 2
>>
Its fine.
Just like all other marvel movies, its forgetable and nothing special.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2017-08-15 13-18-58-351.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2017-08-15 13-18-58-351.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
I love this movie and dont see how its worse in any way to the original. Vol 1 is an origin story, Vol 2 is a proper adventure. Music is better and tied to the story and emotions rather than generic hit singles.
>>
I think it was better but it wasn't as novel or fresh.
>>
>>86918062
>Music is better and tied to the story

In my opinion, tying the music to what's happening was part of the problem. Classics like "The Chain" and "Father and Son" being used to emphasize the drama ran entirely counter to the way the first installment's music served as a jarring dichotomy to the action.

Also, I hated them using "My Sweet Lord" in association with Ego. As much flack as people give Snyder for being hamfisted, at least his references serve a narrative purpose, and the "Sovereign Citizen" shit was just insultingly transparent.
>>
>>86916688
>++ More Drax
>- Too much Baby Groot
>= Perfect amount of Gamora
>- Inconsistent GodlikeButNotSometimes villain
>+Good villain motivations
>- too much feels if you wanted a Light hearted adventure
>+ Teenage Groot may be great for a future movie

Also I didn't recognize any single theme in Vol.2, I'm 28.
>>
>>86916688
I chuckled at the mary poppins line.
>>
First movie: lol we gotta stop the cardboard villain from his generic revenge plot
Second movie at least had a plot that was different from most other blockbusters. It was surprisingly lowkey. Still too many quips and baby groot wasn't that funny.
>>
The first movie was about a group of criminals reluctantly becoming heroes.

The second movie was about a group of heroes trying to be heroes.
>>
>>86916688
2 reasons for me:
>pumped up the humour and some of the throw-away gags didn't work or they hindered the drama
>Ego was too much of a predictable cliche. It was like Gunn knew this as well so he starts monologuing way too soon.
>>
It's not worse.
>>
I feel like the tone was too all over the place. It switched too often from wacky comic book to serious feels to surprisingly dark shit.
The music was not as memorable and felt timed and placed worse.
Mostly it was too much of the same and didn't branch out enough
Drax was great though.
>>
>>86916688
Objectively I really think they're on par with each other. 1 had the surprise factor in that everyone thought it would suck and it didn't, 2 also didn't suck but it wasn't as fresh and had way to much marketing. 2 is by no means a bad movie but it does fall short of the first...but I think calling them great/bad is bullshit' they're both good flicks.
>>
The novelty was gone, didn't make me chuckle even once.
>>
It's entire purpose was to solve a problem for Infinity Wars

>Starlord being a Celestial is a problem because he'll be too powerful when it comes to the Thanos fight
>Let's just invent a bullshit reason for him to lose his powers
>>
>>86918712
you forgot
>+++azn alium qtp2t
>>
>>86916688

>shills want 4chan to do thrir job for them

fuck off kike
>>
It is better.
>>
I still don't know how infinity war is gonna work out, it's gonna be a complete and utter clusterfuck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.