[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>does nothing for 5 seasons >suddenly the Big Bad Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: king.jpg (260KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
260KB, 620x349px
>does nothing for 5 seasons
>suddenly the Big Bad

Why do we like this, again?
>>
>>86914243
First scene of the first episode in the first season featured White Walkers.
>>
File: ......jpg (295KB, 697x816px) Image search: [Google]
......jpg
295KB, 697x816px
talk shit, faggot
>>
>>86914243
>Why do we like this
We don't, we are watching it ironically to see how low the quality can drop. We've been doing it for 3 seasons now at least.
>>
File: DD.jpg (150KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DD.jpg
150KB, 1200x800px
>>86914243
>the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords, we don’t need any more, ‘Here are the good guys, they’re in white, there are the bad guys, they’re in black. And also, they’re really ugly, the bad guys.

>I always like the suspense to be real. We have all seen the movies where the hero is in trouble. He is surrounded by 20 people, but you know he is going to get away because he is the hero. You don't really feel any fear for him. I want my readers and my viewers to be afraid when my characters are in danger.
>>
>>86914243
No doubt, you impetuous nigger, the very same being who brought Jon back and the one eyed guy back and the hound back and enables the one eyed guy to set his sword on fire and gave the witch the power to be young thanks to a medallion, that very same person had a hand in keeping ice king walking in circles. Just how he used the hound and others he used those north of the wall to retard the ice king's mission. to say otherwise means you and I saw two very different shows.
>>
File: 132076013615.jpg (131KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
132076013615.jpg
131KB, 565x600px
>>86914341
>mfw GoT ends like a dime store fantasy paperback with the good guys defeating the Big Bad
>>
File: 1464103910168.jpg (73KB, 438x323px) Image search: [Google]
1464103910168.jpg
73KB, 438x323px
>>86914333
HOLY TRIPS OF NK
>>
>>86914392
Calling it a bad adaptation is an understatement at this point, it's literally the exact opposite of everything the books wanted to be.
>>
>>86914306
White Walkers, not a convenient final boss.
>>
>>86914306
>no ice armor
>no 'dance with me then'
>no Others laughing
The Others were the first casualty of Dabid, we should have seen this coming.
>>
Has the show made any reference to Walkers coming from the east or are they a Westeros only thing now?
>>
>>86914606
Well it wasn't a huge stretch to think they'd have a leader though. But yeah, I don't think he showed up until season 2 or 3 which is kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>86914686
They definitely could've handled them better. Even their design is shit compared to how they're described in the books.

FFS most normies didn't know there was a difference between wights and White Walkers until this last episode when Jon killed one and we saw a bunch of wights immediately shut down as a result.
>>
File: White_Walker.jpg (259KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
White_Walker.jpg
259KB, 1680x945px
>>86914686
they looked like garbage in the first episode. generic monster savages making symbols out of body parts like a shitty horror movie
>>
>>86915356
>FFS most normies didn't know there was a difference between wights and White Walkers until this last episode
Hardly their fault though, Dabid made the retarded choice to call them White Walkers instead of Others and it's impossible to tell Wight and White apart when it's not written down.
>>
>>86915401
way better than now

>le edgy blue darth maul stands on cliffs and shit
really exciting stuff huh
>>
>>86915591
At least you can tell now that they have some sort of intelligence, rather than just being TWD zombies and indistinguishable from the wights.
>>
File: VzcS3sa_[1].png (410KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
VzcS3sa_[1].png
410KB, 500x500px
>>86914243
Does anyone else think The White King looks really lame? He just looks like some middle aged blue jew. Why are we afraid of Dr. Drew again?
>>
Weren't the Others supposed to possess a weird, harsh beauty, not look like weird ice zombies?
>>
>>86915901
I thought I remember him being more bad ass looking. I always had that thought in the back of my head that I really liked him & he looked intimidating & shit. But when he was shown i ep. 6 walking over & throwing that spear...he looked exactly as you described. It was a sad moment. I could of sworn when he was walking down that pier at the wilding village he was more bad ass
>>
>>86915901
His cheesegrater armour looks pathetic.
>>
>>86914392
But aunt/nephew romance is the OTP
>>
>>86915901

What bugs me is their movement. They move all stiffly and awkwardly like some sort of Star Trek "too smart to function" alien race. As if they are analyzing everything with machine calculations.

Just always hits me out of place in the worst ways every time

The spear throw was like watching a robot discover a spear for the first time and generate a throwing algortyhm
>>
>>86917461
I'm pretty sure they changed the original actor that played him. They've also been making subtle changes to him, which is why so many people are talking about the Night King being Bran now.
>>
>>86914392
it will end on a "there must always be a night king" twist
>>
>>86914686
>no 'dance with me then'
Thank god, this is cringy as fuck
>>
>>86915356
I think it might have been the first time they showed that the wight are connected to the white walker that raised them, but they've definitely showed that wights and white walkers are different in previous seasons.
>>
>>86919083
It was the 1st time. Because I was kinda pissed about it and 1st thought went to how they used the same stupid fucking lazy ass writing way the Avengers did. HACKS. HACKS ALL AROUND

BURN THEM ALL
>>
>>86918948
Darn. I was thinking it was a different actor the heads are shaped differently. I was just hoping i was wrong. Too bad they made him look worse. Not better
>>
>>86914243
we have been following the Bran storyline from the first episode, he didn´t become the final boss overnight
>>
>>86914341
As much as people blame D&D for the trainwreck GoT has devolved into, GRRM is still the reason they've been able to get away with it.

If the fat fuck had just sat down and finished the series instead of giving them a vague outline to stick to it wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>86919602
Fags. I didn't want this to be true. But wtf. thats too much proof. Fuck you for ruining my dreams. Fuck stalker creepy Bran. NOT MY NIGHT KING
>>
>>86919804
Don't worry, it's a shop
>>
>>86919908
I'll love you forever if you are right
>>
>>86919728
This only kind of applies. There was at the very least two seasons of material with AFFC and ADWD that they ignored various portions of, in favor of their own writing.
>>
>>86920043
The only way D&D can redeem themselves is by bringing Young Griff next season
>>
>>86920043
True, but some of the material could've been used if it'd been finished - instead of "here's the outline, JonxDany defeat the White Walkers but Jon must become the Night King, but its all good he impregnates Dany first, Lady Stoneheart/Stannis/Young Griff etc are all irrelevant and can be cut or killed off"
>>
What's wrong with the recent seasons of Game of Thrones?
>>
>>86920162
nothing. its literally perfect
>>
>>86918948
Yea I don't see how they don't realize this is bad television. They did the same shit with the 3-Eyed Raven and the Children of the Forest. They just arbitrarily changed from one season to the next. D&D are just awful.
>>
File: 1500950371429.jpg (65KB, 859x389px) Image search: [Google]
1500950371429.jpg
65KB, 859x389px
>Implying everyone in Westeros isn't complete trash
>Not bowing down to your undead Lich overlords
>Not sacrificing your baby sons to become a badass Lich

Everyone is Westeros is boned, literally nothing you can do against a massive army of the dead. I for one welcome our White Walker overlords.
>>
>>86920243
I understand peoples criticisms of the show, but there is only so much you can portray in 10 episodes in a Season (with current S7 having 7 episodes and Season 8 will have 6)

Cinematic media will never be able to match the complexity of the books in GoT, and show fags just have to accept it.

A lot of people watching the show are faggots who don't care about the characters or story arcs and just watch it for muh Daenerys, muh Jon Snow, and muh dragons, so the plots have to be dumbed down pretty substantially so normies can even hope to understand what is going on.
>>
File: 1493196240602.png (152KB, 408x818px) Image search: [Google]
1493196240602.png
152KB, 408x818px
>>86918984
Thats the point, retard.

Ser Wymar was a little noble faggot who thought he'd go be some le epic shield of the realm in the Night's Watch and got put away almost instantly after talking like Sansa to a fucking Other.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.