[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/ 25/16201518/wonder-woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: wm.jpg (177KB, 1004x856px) Image search: [Google]
wm.jpg
177KB, 1004x856px
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/25/16201518/wonder-woman-james-cameron-patty-jenkins

>All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards. Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!”

Who do you agree with? Is Cameron red pilled?
>>
Wonder Woman isn't Sara Connor though. He's retarded.
>>
Comma: The Response
>>
Sarah Connor + Ellen Ripley > Wonder Skeltal
>>
File: cnn.jpg (153KB, 815x657px) Image search: [Google]
cnn.jpg
153KB, 815x657px
>>86912457
He's just mansplaining is all.

>CNN is now unironically using "mansplaining". Please kill me.
>>
>>86912648
Cameron is probably getting a lot of hate now
>>
>>86912457
>Being beautiful = objectified

He sounds like those landwhales on Tumblr.
>>
>>86912648
I swear about a year or two ago some Tumblrtart must have got promoted to a senior position at CNN because all those retarded terms and articles about stupid shit like gender politics run rampant on their website now.
>>
Why didn't women embrace Kill Bill like they are with Wonder Woman??
>>
I didn't know Patty directed Monster. That was a fantastic movie.
>>
>>86912457
Cameron is based but what he did was the literal definition of mansplaining and how did he anyone to react
>dude why is it such a big deal that this $800 million movie that's directed by a woman and starring a woman and called Wonder Woman is considered good for women?
>I already did this when my wife had a supporting role in Schwartznigger Terminator 2: Judgement Day it's the same but better
He was asking to get BTFO because he has a fetish for women punishing him
>>
>>86912554
That's his point, you're the retard here
>>
>>86912457
BASED
>>
He's right, but they'll never admit it
>>
>>86913114

Nice take
>>
>Sarah Connor
>strong wommyn model
>terminator 1:ahhhh save me future guy!
>terminator 2: ahhh save me mr robot!

Also James Cameron is a shitty director nowadays, Avatar was fucking terrible and his classic movies aged terribly.
>>
>>86913114
>>dude why is it such a big deal that this $800 million movie that's directed by a woman and starring a woman and called Wonder Woman is considered good for women?
You saw a capeshit movie as a political statement. You and your ilk are fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>86912457
Been a long time since I've agreed with a feminist. Cameron feels like he's the only one virtue signalling here.
>>
>>86913138
>every female role needs to be Sarah Connor
>>
>>86913114
>The literal definition of mansplaining
Mansplaining isn't a real thing, anon.
It's a made up term women use to ignore the fact that they're wrong.
>Israeli wonder woman
wrong, right off the bat.
>>
>>86913316
>Sarah Connor is better and Wonder Woman is a step backwards
>>
>>86912457
He's right in the way that a woman can almost never be, because he's a man.

It happens to men 60% of the time and it happens to women 95% of the time: they get reduced to their physical appearance. Their quality is tied to how good they look and if one of these things fails it's causally linked to the other. If someone is a shit we make fun of how ugly she is. If someone is an ugly woman, we disregard any other virtue she might have.

Women have a slave mentality. They've thoroughly and irreversibly bought into the idea of being the prettiest princess and it's probably a biological instinct.

Men think that the feminist ideal of a complete, realistic, fully realised female character is one that isn't judged poorly like women are: one that can have some flaws but make up for them through her agency and ability.
But even the most avowed revolutionary feminist still wants to be the prettiest princess and so they're ideal feminist female character is just the prettiest princess who is also smarter and stronger than all the other people, and she also gets Brad Pitt to munch her box.

I think this is because of the stunted cultural development of women. They've been chattel for so long, they make art and entertainment for chattel. The same way african americans still want to be the toughest nigga so they just make nigger music. The same way China has had a rapid industrialisation and modernisation process but they still want to huff Rhinoceros horn to make their sperm swim quicker and churn out more slaves for the Emperor.
>>
>>86913180

Right about what? That Wonder Woman should have been an ugly damaged cunt to be a good female role model?
>>
>>86912457
I love /ourguy/ Cameron but he's wrong about this one. Wonder Woman is supposed to be an idealization.
>>
File: havea4chan.png (204KB, 1054x1091px) Image search: [Google]
havea4chan.png
204KB, 1054x1091px
>>86913404
>even the most avowed revolutionary feminist still wants to be the prettiest princess and so they're ideal feminist female character is just the prettiest princess who is also smarter and stronger than all the other people, and she also gets Brad Pitt to munch her box.
fuck yeah, anon. thas it mane
>>
>>86913447
then why did they choose gal gadot?
she can barely speak english.
>>
>>86912998
Because there was no movement of faux women empowerment back in those days. There are a lot of movies with strong lead females, including action movies. They ignored all of them for WW. Hell, Resident Evil & Underworld have several movies under their belt but you never hear feminists mention them.
>>
>>86913180
go back to tumblr
>>
>>86912457
the movie was entertaining and i liked it... seems petty on carpenters part seeing as his avatar is just a glorified sci fi dances with wolves
>>
>>86913600
>Resident Evil & Underworld have several movies under their belt but you never hear feminists mention them.

It only counts when people don't think it's terrible (Wonder Woman is terrible but people seem to think it's a masterpiece, so...)
>>
>>86913637
>carpenter
>>
>>86912457
wtf
>>
Wonder Woman is actually not objectified enough, but that's understandable since Gal Gadot is a plank
>>
>they continue to eat their own

Honestly it's more entertaining watching them get cruficified than watching the stuff they put out now a days
>>
>>86913600
Those movies are terrible though. WW is at least competent apart from 10 minutes near the end.
>>
File: o.jpg (85KB, 596x744px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
85KB, 596x744px
>first world hollywood feminists

I won't even waste my intelligence
>>
File: serveimage (2).jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (2).jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>86913824
>Woman with a buckler charges machine guns and never gets hit once
>>
Even Atomic Blonde was more fun than this shit flick.
>>
>>86913910
>contrived shit happens in a cape movie
Yes, and?
>>
>>86912648
Mansplaining is such a bullshit sexist term. All it does is invalidate opinions because muh you could never understand
>>
File: serveimage (13).jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (13).jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>86913948
>Yes, and?
And it sucks, when it doesn't have to.
>>
File: caaaaah.jpg (72KB, 640x661px) Image search: [Google]
caaaaah.jpg
72KB, 640x661px
Avatar or Planet of the Apes? There's only 1 sensible answer. Answer me.
>>
>>86913915
As mad as I was about the James Cameron's comments about Wonder Woman, I have to admit that Im glad that he was clumsy enough to say them in public. To me, Wonder woman has always been a personal icon... I grew up surrounded by older cousins that wanted to be superheroes in a society that was constantly telling me that I should be a princess... Diana taught me that I can be both. Princesses CAN be superheroes and now we live in a time when girls and boys can both dream about protecting the innocent and saving the world. As for Cameron, I believe that Ms.Patty Jenkis said it best "There is no right or wrong kind of powerful woman".
>>
>>86913910
Do you want me to mention every time MCU had a nonsense?My favorite is how Iron Man armor easily support thor and hulk attacks but get quickly damaged by captain murica
>>
>>86913206
Not me, Cameron. But that is objectively what it is, a movie about a woman made by a woman that made more money than half of Cameron's films.
>>
>>86914060
avatar, humans still can fight back as of now, while in planet of the niggers humans lost
>>
>>86914223
lol kill yourself cunt
>>
>>86913667
Resident Evil 1 is absolute kino
>>
>wanting a Mary Sue movie
>>
>>86914223
Cutting your dick doesn't make you a princess
>>
>>86912457
Looking to capeshit for role models is a mistake to begin with.

That said, you shouldn't ONLY have gritty hard boiled examples to look at. Strength can be shown through compassion and love, which I think Wonder Woman movie tried to show, but its a comic movie, so she has to be a badass no matter what.
>>
>>86914223
Is this bait? Or this place has been irremediably infiltrated?
>>
>>86913910
i dont think this is mentioned anywhere, but seeing how the other amazons get easily mowed down by single bullets and WW doesn't, and from all the stuff that happens during her multiple fights, i get the feeling her power generates some sort of energy shield that deflects bullets, it's not about the buckler or the arm things, it's her doing it (without her control for now, she doesn't seem to control her powers or know what they are in the movie)
>>
>>86914223
Only certain types of powerful women are universal. if you want girl power feminism then you wont get the male audience
>>
>>86913427
>Right about what? That Wonder Woman should have been an ugly damaged cunt to be a good female role model?

He is right about wonder woman should be a character.
Lets be real here: The worst thing in wonder woman is the script, the characters are plain, no development at all. Also, "the power of love" is something you expect from Sailor Moon, not from fucking Wonder Woman.
>>
>>86914032
>board regularly has threads about "X women will never understand"
>get all bent out of shape and offended at the suggestion that you, as a man, will never understand what it's like to live your life as a woman
Sad!
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.