[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow. This was really, really, really good. I was a little annoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1503756702680.jpg (338KB, 2035x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1503756702680.jpg
338KB, 2035x1365px
Wow. This was really, really, really good.

I was a little annoyed at the fact that L's character is black, but I know that the actor playing him is decent so I thought that he'd pull through. But yup, whoever wrote the character of L in this movie deserves to have their name written in the hall of fame. His character is absolutely nothing like the character from the anime and that's a good thing that they took that risk. They did their own thing. In fact not a single one of the characters, even Light's dad, is anything like they were in the anime and what an improvement it was.

One of the stand outs in this film is Dafoe's voice performance for Ryuk and that certainly elevated the film.

This is complete and utter kino. 10/10.
>>
>>86903990
bait

bite?
>>
>I was a little annoyed at the fact that L's character is black

But you weren't similarly annoyed that Light was white?
>>
>>86904103
Of course not you liberal cuck snowflake.
>>
>>86904128

but why be selectively outraged?
>>
>>86904223
Being a little annoyed equals outraged? You must not be an native English speaker. Next time try not to be so ignorant.
>>
>>86904223
Because black people stick out like a sore thumb. It's hard to take black characters seriously especially when they are shoe horned into stuff like this.
>>
>>86904738
It sticks out like a sore thumb because for decades people wouldn't really cast black people much. This is helping to change that.
>>
>>86904339
>an native
>>
>>86904933
You were still being ignorant. You completely misunderstood the language.

inb4 LEL DAT WAS NOT MEE
>>
>>86904339
>Being a little annoyed equals outraged? You must not be an native English speaker. Next time try not to be so ignorant.

Why be selectively annoyed, then? Is that better?
>>
>>86904977
You'll notice that the unique poster count went up. I just couldn't help but notice your hypocritical mistake.
>>
>>86905138
in after LEL DAT WAS NOT MEE
>>
>>86904977
relax
suck a dick, take a bath
everything is going to be fine
>>
>>86905168
What do you think the unique poster count tells you?
Keep deflecting your grammatical mistake.
>>
>>86905220
LEL DAT WAS NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
kino
>>
>>86904738

>when they are shoe horned into stuff like this.

how was he shoe horned in?
>>
>>86903990
I believe you were just posting about how horrible the writer was, in similar fashion. Get the fuck out of here weird shill.
>>
File: image.png (514KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
514KB, 750x1334px
Man this board is the easiest to get replies since the board is full of newfags.

inb4 mobile, I'm taking a dookey
>>
>>86903990
>inb4 208 replies and 27 images submitted
>>
>>86904103
Because Light being white doesn't really change anything and this being a remake set in America it makes sense for him to be white and not Asian. L, however, has a very distinct look that's actually part of his character as it reflects his personality and lifestyle. Him being black loses that.
>>
>>86907714
Did you see it? I was skeptical of the casting, but black L was one of the best things about this shitty movie. The real failures here were in script & direction. It seems kind of dumb to complain about the details of L's character when they completely botch the plot, characterization & themes of the entire story. I got the impression that Stanfield might've been the only guy on set who actually read & appreciated the source material
>>
>>86907860
I thought he was as good as a live action L could get (he's just too cartoonish to look believable) until his character goes to shit (which has more to do with the script than him). That doesn't change my argument that it's understandable to be pissed at a black guy being cast as a character that in no way could pass as a black guy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.