[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hollywood heavyweight director James Cameron didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>Hollywood heavyweight director James Cameron didn't hold back on expressing his dissatisfaction with how the DC heroine was adapted, to the point that he considers the movie a "step backwards." In his words:

>All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood's been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She's an objectified icon, and it's just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I'm not saying I didn't like the movie but, to me, it's a step backwards. Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!

>But Jenkins has since responded, and addressed Cameron's criticism with a lengthy post on her social media. She said,

>James Cameron's inability to understand what Wonder Woman is, or stands for, to women all over the world is unsurprising as, though he is a great film maker he is not a woman. Strong women are great. His praise for my film Monster, and our portrayal of a strong yet damaged woman was so appreciated. But if women always have to be hard, tough and troubled to be strong, and we aren't free to be multidimensional or celebrate an icon of women everywhere because she is attractive and loving, then we haven't come very far have we.

>I believe women can and should be EVERYTHING just like male characters should be. There is no right and wrong kind of powerful woman. And the massive female audience who made the film a hit it is, can surely choose and judge their own icons of progress.

JAMES CAMERON AND /tv/ BTFO
>>
Those blue monkeys in Avatar killed animals for food/clothes/sport Jim
>>
>>86864359
For sport?
>>
>>86863482
>I'm not saying I didn't like the movie
Wow this controversy doesn't feel forced to get clicks out of MCUcks like the fake news we had this week haha
>>
>>86864571

Hes backpeddling
>>
He's right, of course, but whatever - being right is more hassle than it's worth in Hollywood.
>>
>>86864571
>calling based jim a mousecuck
You have to go back.
>>
>>86863482

If anything, /tv/ was rooting for WW since most of /tv/ are DCbros
>>
Strong female characters don't have to act like men. It's become an annoying trope. The traits that make a strong character aren't necessarily the same between genders.

They can be attractive and show traditionally feminine traits yet still be strong characters in their own way.

Wonder Woman was a pretty mediocre and overhyped movie, but her characterization was refreshing because she wasn't the typical "le stronk badass female" character we usually get these days.
>>
File: 1490368635128.jpg (2MB, 2764x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1490368635128.jpg
2MB, 2764x4096px
>>86865417

Right in what? Strong female characters don't need to be all bulldykes.
>>
>>86866249
god damn I want to eat her pussy
>>
>>86866249
Why does she have a 8 inch dick between her legs?
>>
>>86865417
He's not really. Are we just going to ignore avatar and Titanic?
>>
File: DCucksBTFO.png (18KB, 674x372px) Image search: [Google]
DCucksBTFO.png
18KB, 674x372px
>>86865616
>Since most of /tv/ are DCbros
lol
>>
>>86866016
>>86866584
You have to go back
>>
>>86866640
HOLY SHIT
>>
It's over. The future of Hollywood is female.
>>
>>86866869
yasssss
>>
>>86866545
Yeah I don't remember her having a massive dick - I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.