[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the covenant was on a colonisation mission. Thousands of people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170825-165740.jpg (325KB, 1038x532px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170825-165740.jpg
325KB, 1038x532px
So the covenant was on a colonisation mission. Thousands of people waiting to start a new life, all the equipment necessary to build a new world but was there any livestock? Was it expected the new world would have edible wildlife? Sure there will be stocks of food supplies on the ship but this will run out pretty fast, possibly embyros for animals but this all takes time to grow.
>>
File: 1500753990977.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1500753990977.png
126KB, 402x398px
just turn off your brain bro
>>
>>86857634
they've had terraforming tech since at least alien 2. im pretty sure this wouldnt be the first planet they've colonised
>>
>>86857808
You do realise this is a prequel?
>>
>>86857853
really? for what purpose?
>>
>>86857967
The purpose of cashing in on a dress franchise
>>
>>86858162
Dead franchise
>>
They had an entire seedbank of genetic material and all the necessary equipment for growing things out of them. If you can make 10 cows artificially you could have a viable herd in under 5 years.
>>
>>86858235
Would they have enough food to wait for 5 years?
>>
>>86857634
>the protag wanted to build a cabin near the lake
were they really carrying enough water on the ship to terraform a lake? for what purpose anyway, just so she could build a cabin near it?
also if they carried tree egg cells in the ship it'd take at least 20 years until they'd be good to cut down
>>
>>86858339
>Tree egg
>>
>>86858318

Sure, the ship was massive. If they've got room for huge earth-moving equipment and all the necessary tools for building a colony they've got room for rations. They don't have to wake everyone up at once.
>>
>>86858432
Trees have mega gametophytes which can be called "eggs" pretty accurately
>>
>>86858674
Learn something new every day.
>>
>>86858318
I have enough food for 5 years in my tiny house. I'm sure a space ship the size of that thing can have enough too.
>>
>>86858875
Survivalist?
>>
>>86857853
They had a "terraforming bay" on the ship that was mentioned a few times.
>>
>>86858339
The ship was carrying wood. To make a cabin out of. The first thing we see when they land is a fuckton of trees.

It didn't matter what they brought, they were too stupid to survive anyway.
>>
>>86859572
The planet in the movie isn't the planet they were planning to colonise though. I can't remember where they said it but something in the movie gave me the idea that their original target was icy, or at least cold.
>>
>>86859572
Did you know you can't see trees on distant planets with telescopes? Strange but true.

It was smart of them to consider this and bring their own wood in case it didn't have trees, or only had plants that weren't suitable for building with.
>>
>>86858962

no, just fat
>>
>>86857967
It's the origin of the Xenomorph.
>>
>>86859761
Pity they didn't bring any common sense
>>
>>86858318
>implying meat is a good food source.

Better grow staple crops instead and live as a vegetarian for a couple of years. Meat takes too long and too much resources.
>>
>>86860517
You can't build a world on a diet of leaves and semen, you need high-energy, high-protein diet for real men. And the "too much resources" argument is just veggie propaganda, humans can't eat most of what we feed to livestock and wouldn't want to eat the rest.
>>
>>86860754
This. Terraforming would surely be hard work, you would neef more than carrots and quorn to survive that.
>>
They had thousands of human embryos on the ship, I'm sure that they would have packed along quite a few livestock animal embryos along with them.
And everyone arguing about the trees and wood. I'm sure they brought along seeds for vegetation with them as well. Trees, vegetables, fruit, whatever they would need to make their new colony feel more like earth. If the planet had vegetation already, that's great, but i'm sure they aren't going to just replace everything on Earth with the new ones, they were going there to terraform.
Also, Daniels said they had enough wood in the storage area to build a cabin using saws and nails and simple tools. I would have assumed you guys didn't think she meant they would plant the trees, let them grown, THEN cut them and make the cabin.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.