[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am an avid believer that films should not be required to stick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: death-note-netflix.jpg (325KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
death-note-netflix.jpg
325KB, 1000x625px
I am an avid believer that films should not be required to stick directly to their source material. This should have stuck a bit closer. Part of the magic of the original series was the long stalemate between L and Light, both requiring 100% knowledge of something before they were able to act. In this adaptation, the hero and the villain, use conjecture and anger to accomplish their goals. Characters in this film have unfleshed motives. If literally everyone likes Kira except for one cop and a detective, why defeat him? Why does Ryuk want the death note to have a new owner? Why is the love interest so interested in killing criminals with a boy she just met?
There were a multitude of plot holes and ill formed plans. When Light's dad made his TV announcement, he was basically betting his life on the fact that his son was in fact Kira.
The film plays out like a modern live action Disney flick with a multitude of rules that come and go as the writers need them and there is no moral ambiguity, despite the characters making it their best effort to tell you that there is.
The sound track and framing, however, were on point. The casting could have been worse, even L.
Also "FUCK"

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.