[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>consistently hear nothing but praise for the book series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1503617907710.jpg (217KB, 1200x1778px) Image search: [Google]
1503617907710.jpg
217KB, 1200x1778px
>consistently hear nothing but praise for the book series
>like stephen king so plan on reading them
>go to see the movie to get my hyped
>have no desire to read the books anymore

Ugh
>>
I saw you make this thread like 4 hours ago. You didn't get any replies then.

Also, I hear that the book portrays the main character as an open racist. Like, he's white and a racist against blacks.
>>
>>86837332

Why would you see a movie adaptation before reading the books?
>>
File: 1405316154236.jpg (22KB, 164x175px) Image search: [Google]
1405316154236.jpg
22KB, 164x175px
>seeing the movie before reading the books
>>
>>86837403
>I saw you make this thread like 4 hours ago. You didn't get any replies then.

Funny how times have changed
>>
>>86837408
>watching a blackwashed movie after enjoying the books
>>
>>86837408
Why not? It gives you a visual and auditory reference for which you can then expand on with your imagination.
>>
I didnt hate this movie the instance i saw the trailer because of the black guy, i hated that it triggers my /k/ autism when he has swing out cylinders for his Remington armys
>>
File: 1466567704651.png (177KB, 320x462px) Image search: [Google]
1466567704651.png
177KB, 320x462px
>>86837332
Movie shits on the books and is one of the most unfaithful adaptions of a book I have ever witnessed, holy fuck people were waiting for a epic dark tower trilogy movie and they get this garbage.
>>
>>86837403
No the second book, the drawing of the three has a black woman who has Disassociative Identity disorder, and one of her personalities is racist and hated Roland, causing some problems. So basically yeah there's racism, but black on white. So according to today's racial politics there is no racism in the book.
>>
File: jg.gif (2MB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
jg.gif
2MB, 250x220px
>>86837753
If you need pictures just read comics.
>>
>>86838052
More like sony decided they can't have "actual" racism, ie a nigger cripple woman calling clint eastwood a honky cunt. So they did the leftist racism of blackwashing, problem solved right, no icky racism
>>
>>86837332
I saw the movie. It was stupid, but it was funny how bad it was.
>two sluts want to get blacked by Roland on the bus
>"Wow, you're hot"
>"YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE FACE OF YOUR FATHER!!!"
audible kek
>>
>>86838052

It is pretty much like this but let´s be fair here... she grew up on a segregated America so Detta´s attitude is justified.

By making Roland black they pretty much negate that conflict by conveniently avoiding the topic... but you can´t call them racist because Roland is black now.

I don´t have anything against Elba, he is a terrific actor and all but, despise what he says now, King describes Roland as fucking Clint Eastwood.

I remember Jake seeing an Eastwood movie poster or something and thinking it´s the gungslinger.
But more to the point... Sussanah is black and is a woman and is handicaped. I mean, that´s as inclusive as it gets by 2017 standards.

I know it´s technically not an adaptation of the books but more of a sequel... but i would much rather have prefered a faithfull adaptation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.