[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I mean, at this point we can all agree that the Night King arc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

I mean, at this point we can all agree that the Night King arc is a rip off of WC3?
>>
I'm listening.

Are you suggesting Martin is basically Eric Cartman trying to cash in on WoW with a derivative project?
>>
the only thing worse than a vanillafag is a lichkingfag
>>
>>86834381
>martin
What? David is the one making Game of Thrones.

Martin's night king is nothing like the show
>>
>>86834487
> implying the book series in itself isn't an obvious rip off.

Golden Goose fallacy etc.
>>
The Warcraft movie by Duncan jones felt like a Uwe boll flick
>>
>Warcraft: A valiant prince grows unstable when his kingdom is threatened by a new evil as it creeps the land. Forsaking friends, family, even his true love, his descent into madness culminates when he murders his father and decimates his homeland. From then, our prince becomes the champion of an army of undeath, waging an unholy campaign against the living, until finally he takes up the mantel of the Lich King, eternal jailor of the damned.

>GOT: haha i dunno lol, like there's a ice man and he's real mean he kills people and one time turned a baby blue-eyed haha

Yeah, not really the same.
>>
>>86834381
Rise....Sindragosa!
>>
>>86834257
Yup, blizzard invented the necromancer lich commanding an undead army fantasy trope.
>>
Arthas did NOTHING wrong, uther got everything he deserved
>>
Glad you could bake it, Jon
>>
Yes OP
>>
>>86834865
Azor Hot Pie.
>>
>>86834705
I mean, we've only seen one side of the night king story

He could be a prince that sacrificed everything as well just like Arthas
>>
>>86834257
who cares? blizz only has money because they copy shit left and right.
>>
>>86834865
>>86835130
Can Grom Hellscream be the version of bobbyposting?
>>
>>86835365
Does he even have any good quotes or one liners?
>>
>>86834768

this right here, Bliz fags get bent
>>
>>86835278
From /tv/

There's a reasonable expectation that the Night King is Bran who in an act of desperation goes back to stop the Night King from being created in the first place. His negative reaction to the Night King's creation during the flashback implies he has some sort of connection and they are linked in some manner. He has shown he can fuck up the timeline in some manner, perhaps he tries to manipulate the man that would be the Night King to explain to the Children of the Wood that making him would be a mistake but they ignore it and because of magical bullshit during his warging he himself becomes the Night King, trapped there while his physical body remains in the "present".

And perhaps, he learns this was his purpose all along to become the Night King and nobody fucking told him that. And the reason why the Night King is so fucking pissed is because he is Bran feeling all shitty about his situation.

They could show that Bran was responsible for the Mad King's madness because he tries to manipulate him to deal with the White Walkers during that timeline; but instead he just makes the king mad.

Or fuck it, Bran is just a shitty psychic plot device and Hodor's problem didn't mean anything at all. Maybe the Night King's just a generic lich and they melt his ass with dragonfire like some two-bit fantasy.
>>
>>86835736
Or, instead of being driven by revenge, the Night-King-who-is-Bran realizes the only way to unify the kingdoms is to be that existential threat. And when everyone bands together, he kills the physical vessel Bran, and thus kills himself but not before achieving peace.
>>
>>86835852
It wouldn't make much sense for him to kill a lot of his family though, would it?
>>
There is literally nothing similiar to Arthas and the Night King besides the fact they both end up as necromancers to live up north

Arthas is essentially just Darth Vader anyways except his character wasnt butchered by prequels
>>
>>86835921
NK doesn't kill anyone in Bran's family.
>>
>>86834257
>The Children create the WW to defend themselves, when something went wrong and their guardian started killing and reanimating everyone.
This is actually the plot to Neverwinter Nights 2
>>
>>86835921
Sacrifices have to made for the sake of peace. Bran has thousands of years to realize that not to mention his attachment to his family is non-existent at this point.

You can like or dislike the ideas as you will. But for what it matters, this line and the setup are certainly going to be better than what we get.

Because what we're going to get is Littlefinger dying, Jamie turning against Cercei after she has a miscarriage (flagrantly appealing to the women; victimized by their men), Jon and Dany boning as hard as possible for that sweet aunt-nephew incest, and Varys and Melesandre just completely having zero relevance to the plot.

Oh, and zombie Stannis. Fucking zombie Stannis.
>>
>>86836156
Zombie Stannis? Really?

>>86836151
The Children creating the NK makes no sense tbqh. Why did they need the NK? Their war with the First Men ended because they created the Swamps of the Neck (in an attempt to separate the North from the rest of Westeros, like they did with Dorne and Essos). It doesn't make sense for the NK to have been made before the peace, as he would have probably steamrolled the First Men making the Swamps unnecessary. We're lead to believe that the Children and First Men made peace and then banded together, at some point, to fight the NK who the Children made supposedly after the peace with the First Men. So why the FUCK did they make the NK in the first place? The Children were friends with some of the Men anyway, like the Crannogmen.

It just makes no fucking sense. The show has butchered the lore and keeps providing lazy and impossible explanations.
>>
>>86836435
I can only go off what the show tells me. The Children have kept their cards very close to their chests in the books, and with the amount of inconsistencies I can't tell if this is something GRRM told them or if indeed D&D are only aware of how ASoIaF ends.
>>
>>86834257
Yeah, and where do you think WC3 got it's arc? It's not really that original.
>>
>>86836126
Benjen.
>>
>>86834425
>not BC fag
You're wrong and stupid
>>
>>86835593

His kid has some good ones.
>>
>>86836969
Where did WC3 get its arc from?
>>
>>86834425
Are you dumb you retarded WoWfag? He posted an image of Warcraft 3, before the garbage known as WoW ever hit the shelves.
>>
Stannis is the Night King. I'm calling it now. Maybe not in the shitty show, but in the books Stannis dies, is turned into a White Walker and, since King's blood is magic, becomes the Night King.

This does make it a WC3 arc rip, kinda.
>>
>>86834824
To be fair Uther should have helped him purge that city.
>>
>>86834257
could someone post the Chef Boyardee pasta?

Frozen Throne is what really got me hyped for the WC movie. sad that it didn't garner a huge following but the movie coming out is just 5 years too late
>>
>>86834425
>Wowfags

death of the franchise.
>>
>>86834257
When the Wights crumbled into bones and dust last episode once their leader was killed.

It was LITERALLY the crumble mechanic for Vampire Counts in Total War:Warhammer. You kill the lord and the army will quickly die off from crumbling and you see them dying on screen.
>>86834691
Second film to be announced at Blizzcon ;)
>>
>>86837624
Warcraft 3 on screen won't be until a possible third movie. I really want to see the Third War on screen. It'd be fucking amazing.
The trilogy is still in the pipeline. Jones has said any sequel to the movie will follow Go'el a.k.a Thrall.

The movie(and possibly movies) are an alternate universe and aren't canon which explains all the lore innaccuracies.
The movie flopped in the US because of shitty marketing "We sat in our pyjamas all day, it was awesome!". China did AMAZING marketing. Check what they did to the national malls and replica sets and battles. if a sequel comes expect $20-30mn cut off the budget meaning more physical less CGI will be required.
>>
>>86838473
I think it flopped because it's shit
Chinese love their melodramatic kung-fu dramas and are the target audience for transformers
Chinks have shit taste
>>
>>86834768
Its definitely my first encounter with that trope, cant believe got is getting away with it
>>
>>86835974
Sindragosa
Undead army
North
Its literally the same
>>
Fuck off back to /v/ blizzshit drones.
>>
>>86840048
>I think it flopped because it's shit
Are you fucking serious?

Being shit has minimal impact on a movie's success. How many fucking Emoji Movies or Adam Sandler or Fast and the Furious bullshit 10x return on investment because the global audience is completely fucking retarded.

It failed because they failed to market it locally. Yes, the Chinese have shit taste but that doesn't explain why it failed to sell in the West. It "failed" because there was other more pungent hot garbage released that month like Finding Dory, Independence Day, Angry Birds, Captain America, and X-Men - Apocalypse.
>>
>>86840288
AGOT featuring undead - 1996

Warcraft 3 - 2003

Hmmmmmm maybe consider suicide blizzdrone?
>>
>>86840353
Asoiaf didnt even go balls deep in the first book regsrding the night king so get fucked you piece of reddit faget shit
>>
>>86840048
It flopped domestically but succeeded internationally.
Legendary is now owned by a Chinese firm. 2 Warcraft sequels made in China rather than the US is likely.

Duncan Jones implied in June that he got word it's been greenlit for a movie about the second war and Thrall's prison camp time.
>>
>>86837407
Bethesda's mannimarco
>>
Will we ever get a Warcraft 4 guys?

I loved the fuck out of WC3..hell I still plan it occasionally. But WoW is for giant faggots.
>>
>>86840434
>blizzshit drone calls others redditors
lmao stick to your LOTR/SW rip-off Metzenfagboy.
>>
>>86840569
Not for a long time. It is on the board and the RTS team is doing nothing at the moment except for the very likely(think Blizzcon) WC3 remaster.

I hope a remake on the SC2 engine desu, WC3 with all the upgrades and details of SC2's engine would be amazing. Armies of Azeroth and Warcraft Reborn teams are now working together on the SC2 mod. Maybe Blizz could hire them.

WoW is doing very strongly with the Legion expansion now considered the best expansion since WotLK with Patch 7.3 "Shadow of Argus" coming on Tuesday/Wednesday which is essentially a mini expansion(3 full zones,new dungeon, new raid, storylines, new artifact customisation,mini dungeon portal invasion events,new animations and sound effects for all spell casters, a clear sign of character customisation overhaul coming in 8.0) and a prototype run of features for the next expansion to be announced at Blizzcon.

Check out this art for 7.3. Sexy as fuck. Motherfucking Turalyon and Alleria are back for the first time since Warcraft 2. I'm hype. I hope they have a reunion with their son at some point and Alleria with her younger sister Sylvanas a.k.a Warchief of the Horde a.k.a Banshee Queen a.k.a Best fucking character.
>>
me and my bisch
>>
>>86838345
>>Second film to be announced at Blizzcon ;)
Sauce?
>>
>>86838345
>Second film to be announced at Blizzcon ;)
thank China
>>
>>86835736
>Maybe the Night King's just a generic lich and they melt his ass with dragonfire like some two-bit fantasy.
As long as Dany gets the phylactery, they should get some great XP for that.
>>
>>86840569
I have insider info that warcraft IV is being made. it might even be at this years blizzcon
>>
>>86840801
Fuck off blizzdrone shill
WC3 was as good as Warcraft has ever been
>>
File: My Hero.jpg (70KB, 541x420px) Image search: [Google]
My Hero.jpg
70KB, 541x420px
>>86837311
THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRDE
>>
>>86840801
Fuck legion. I was really enjoying it up until the bugs became too awful to even continue and the GMs did fuck all to actually help me. Couldn't do world quests because the entire quest chain was fucked.
>>
>>86837162
No body, not dead.
>>
>>86834257
In the show yeah but its not like its already a cliche show
>>
>>86834257
You knew this already, but it is literally the other way around.
>>
>>86840907
kek
>>
>>86840801
>Armies of Azeroth and Warcraft Reborn teams are now working together on the SC2 mod. Maybe Blizz could hire them
>le let me take this wow model and change the texture
fuck off, faggot
>>
lel
>>
>>86834257
THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A
>>
>>86840569
if they do a WC4, they need to first reboot the series
let the cosmic elders or whatever our heroes are fighting now win and decimate azeroth
then have the game play out centuries into the future with a new saga in the ashes of the old world
>>
>>86849227
The Frozen Throne had the same sequel-bait ending as Brood War ie: villain secures power and can crush enemies but chooses instead to brood menacingly, giving the other races time to rest and recoup for the inevitable sequel.
>>
File: mfw I like it.jpg (33KB, 513x547px) Image search: [Google]
mfw I like it.jpg
33KB, 513x547px
>>86840801
>scars
>new hairstyles
>tattoos
Leaks were right and I assume the leak about "crafting your own weapon" in 8.0 is true judging by the new Netherlight Crucible mechanic. Check the fucking new Draenei models on Argus. Those horns and golden tattoos are fantastic.
Subtle as fuck detail hints even on the key art. The 7.3 animation overhaul pic also includes big hints on the character models shown.
Turalyon is totally Clint Eastwood by the way.
>>86843779
What bugs? I've never encountered any significant ones at least not since 7.0 launched last August and even then it was just bugged respawn timers or a phased area didn't initiate for me.
>>
>>86849086
I can see them doing that.

>There must always be...a Night King.

I think the Last Harpy did a video recently or Alt Shift X that included the Night King and they said there has been more than one in the lore.
>>
I can guarantee you that Jon becomes the Night King in the final episode next season
>>
>>86837458
Show is canon now so it doesn't matter. GRRM will be making a glorified fanfic
>>
>>86849378
The Lich King is the jailor of the dead. But as we have seen in the DK class storyline for Legion. Bolvar is making serious moves and the Death of Chromie scenario has the undead attacking one of the shrines.
>>
>>86834257
Warcraft is a Warhammer ripoff.
>>
File: Brill.jpg (2MB, 1407x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Brill.jpg
2MB, 1407x1920px
>>86849856
Except Warcraft is more successful and has better lore because unlike GW, Blizzard was happy to invest in the universe they built and expand upon it.
GW grew lazy and let it stagnate and were utter dicks not allowing anyone to use the property but themselves. Only one continent was fully developed(Old World), another(New World) was half developed and the rest was just "lmao fuck it" tier. GW killed WHFB and replaced it with absolute shit and are now likely regretting the decision considering the massive success of Total War:Warhammer and all the new people getting into the universe.

With that logic, Warhammer was a rip off of LOTR which in turn was a rip off of European Folklore and Mythology albeit with a Catholic Theological theme to it.
>>
>>86849665
>Dany beheaded
>Cersei dead strangled by Euron.
>Jaime(Azor Ahai) kills Bran the Night King
>Jon becomes the new Night King to hold back the winter
>The wall is rebuilt(It starts to come down on sunday thanks to Sindra-err Viserion)
>Gendry becomes the new king and gets legitimised as a true Baratheon

The cycle repeats centuries down the line.

Bittersweet ending indeed.
>>
File: beardless tormund.jpg (49KB, 652x417px) Image search: [Google]
beardless tormund.jpg
49KB, 652x417px
>>86834257
>tfw Tormund is actually Arthas
>>
There is NOTHING original about warcraft.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsDeathlyCold
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dracolich
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GrimUpNorth
>>
there must always be a night king
>>
>>86840801
remember when sargeras turalyon alleria were cool because they were shrouded in mystery and uncertainty? yeah I 'member. gone are the days of legends, now we have to know everything and even fucking talk to them. fuck wow so hard
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.