[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how fast are dragons exactly? Wasnt Daeneris' castle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 000256576.jpg (83KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
000256576.jpg
83KB, 900x600px
So, how fast are dragons exactly?

Wasnt Daeneris' castle literally at the other end of the continent?
How did she reach beyond the wall in less than 12 hours?
>>
>>86820741
http://www.slashfilm.com/game-of-thrones-timeline-beyond-the-wall/

>The distance covered by Gendry (on foot) and a messenger raven (by air) in “Beyond the Wall” would have been roughly 1,500-2,000 miles according to journalists and internet sleuths. If Gendry could run at the speed of Usain Bolt and the raven flies at 40mph, it would still take about four days for the message to be delivered to Daenerys in Dragonstone and for her to fly beyond the wall and save the day. But the episode gave viewers the impression that this all took place in one night, not four days. And with the limited resources and freezing cold conditions that Jon and co. were facing on their rock, they would not likely have survived that wait.

>Taylor is aware of the criticisms, telling Variety:

>“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”
>>
>>86820915
If "a little" means "a whole fucking lot" then sure, I agree.
>>
>>86820915
im not reading all this shit, nerd
>>
>>86821089
Basically it says, Deal with it faggot and stop being autistic
>>
>>86821089
Basically 'We know but just roll with it"
>>
>>86821151
based Dabid, slaying autists left and right
>>
They are fast as Varys
>>
>>86820741
take the dohraki charge as a measure of the dragon's speed

do some meme calculations, should take you about 20 minutes to solve the equation
>>
>>86820741
NO TIME TO EXPLAIN
>>
File: 1503522050874.jpg (137KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
1503522050874.jpg
137KB, 620x374px
>HOW ARE YOU HERE ALREADY
>BRAN SAW IT AND SENT RAVENS THE MOMENT YOU LEFT

plotholes solved
>>
>>86822291
haha dude i thought ur still rowling lmao xD
>>
>>86820741
I'm more interested in their tax policy tbqhfamaladingdong
>>
>>86821598
Drogon wasn't flying at full speed you mong
>>
>>86820741
>>86820915
I think what we can gather about the show is this:
It's a bad fanfic at this point. The show used to make a point of telling a story when the characters had to travel great distances. They had side adventures while trying to complete their primary adventure. Now the show said "fuck you, we don't care" and every character has fast-travel activated.
>>
>>86820915
Why compare him to Usain Bolt? Guy's a fucking sprinter, he trains to only run 200-100 meters at top speed and would no way keep it up for miles to end unless he wanted to burn out his body completely.

But then again, Gendry might have skilled bonus movement speed while everyone else picked Teleport.
>>
File: 1502148517049.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502148517049.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>86820915
>S1 to S4
>GoT is a thinking man's show!

>S7
>JUST LIKE TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF, WE WANTED THE DRAGONS TO RESCUE JON AND WE GOT IT
>>
>>86822784
Fast-travel is unlocked after 20 hours of play, he only has 19 at this point.
>>
>>86820741
Just turn your brain off. Why are you complaining about a show with dragons being realistic.
>>
>>86822825
to s3 mroe like it, s4 started becoming shittier
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.