[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will western animation ever become popular again? Seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: The Hobbit.jpg (93KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
The Hobbit.jpg
93KB, 720x540px
Will western animation ever become popular again? Seems like with how big the sword and sorcery crap is these days it would be worth a shot. Why shouldn't something like Game of Thrones have been animated instead? It would have allowed them to keep closer to the scope of the books without a massive CG budget. Consider animation Kino of the past like the Rankin Bass Return of the king, that surpassed Jackson's versions in some ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX-ybJUz-rk

Or hell, even the cinematography some vidya developers pull off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A

Is it time?
>>
Dumbledore looks breddy gud, Frodo looks like shiet.
>>
>>86818134
You look like shiet
>>
>>86818100
That era of Rankin/Bass was animated in Japan
>>
>>86818502
Don't be pedantic you know what I mean. You gonna say King of the Hill is Korean, too?
>>
>>86818599
King of the hill is korean.
>>
>>86818720
I had sex with your mother.
>>
gandalf was jewish?
>>
>>86818775
Of course. Why do you think Denethor hated and feared him so much?
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 776x782px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 776x782px
>>86818100
Id love to see a sword and sorcery film animated in the style of David Peterson.
>>
>>86819353
What kind of story do you think would suit it anon?
>>
>>86818599
King of the Hill was animated in USA. The Boondocks was animated in Korea and it shows.
>>
>>86820111
>King of the Hill was animated in USA.
Only the first two seasons IIRC.

>The Boondocks was animated in Korea and it shows.
I wonder how that studio feels about always being approached to animate in a Japanese style.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.