[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys believe to be the best series finale? Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: d3eaa6cf279731b8ac029ad132c6f7d2.jpg (243KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d3eaa6cf279731b8ac029ad132c6f7d2.jpg
243KB, 1280x1024px
What do you guys believe to be the best series finale?

Pic related for me. Incredible ending. Vic was not treated like a hero. He was a scumbag and the writers treated him that way.
>>
>>86799658
6 feet under hands down.
The shield is good, but 6FU was intense
>>
The Leftovers for drama
The Office (U.K.) for comedy
>>
>>86799691
Actually just rewatched the final scene like twenty minutes ago. It is incredible, but I feel that that scene is so incredible, that it kinda diminishes the rest of the episode -- and even the last few episodes. Still, very unique and heart-wrenching.
>>86799722
The Leftovers had a good finale? That's good to know, thanks.
>>
Sure as hell not the Sopranos or Mad Men. I thought the King of the Hill finale was done well though.
>>
File: soajesuschrist.jpg (56KB, 670x388px) Image search: [Google]
soajesuschrist.jpg
56KB, 670x388px
>>
>>86799749
Yeah that Sopranos thread reminded me about it too. And I agree with you on the diminishing
>>
>>86799751
What was wrong with the Sopranos ending?

Mad Men's had some solid scenes (therapy circle, talking to Betty), but that ending was a bit weak. I think it could grow with time.
>>
>>86799805
My only complaint with the Sopranos ending was the lack of closure. The way it was teased. I felt like they toyed with the audience. As far as Mad Men, it all felt really rushed. Every character's story got magically wrapped up in the last episode.
>>
>>86799891
Mad Men criticism is fair.

What closure was the Sopranos finale lacking?
>>
>>86799975
>What closure was the Sopranos finale lacking?
Not him but i watched The Sopranos in syndication after it had already aired and didn't even realise it had ended until i watched the next episode that aired and it was the first episode again.
>>
>>86799975
I'm all fine with a bit of ambiguity about the future. "It's Carlo. He's gonna testify." Meadow drama and AJ possibly finally getting straightened out is par for the course. I suppose the way we left Sil in a coma and teasing a hit on Tony by the guy in the restaurant. I wanted more for the characters in the show.

Also, call me crazy but in the first 10 seconds or so of this clip, doesn't it almost seem like a daydream on Tony's part? The way it was shot? It's just odd. I can imagine Tony thinking, "It could be like this." The whole scene in the restaurant including the weirdo who went to the bathroom nearby could have all been in Tony's head.
https://youtu.be/rnT7nYbCSvM
>>
>>86800133
Purposefully done. From David Chase on the episode:

>It was my decision to direct the episode such that whenever Tony arrives someplace, he would see himself. He would get to the place and he would look and see where he was going. He had a conversation with his sister that went like this. And then he later had a conversation with Junior that went like this. I had him walk into his own POV every time. So the order of the shots would be Tony close-up, Tony POV, hold on the POV, and then Tony walks into the POV. And I shortened the POV every time. So that by the time he got to Holsten's, he wasn't even walking toward it anymore. He came in, he saw himself sitting at the table, and the next thing you knew he was at the table.

https://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1502-Spring-2015/Shot-to-Remember-The-Sopranos.aspx

It's probably one of my favorite cuts in history. I think the first time I saw it, I paused the show, went back, and watched it again. So well done.
>>
>>86800326
Noice.
>>
I think with The Shield it was a combination of the finale and a few episodes before the finale that made it so good rather than it just being a great finale itself. I really liked The Leftovers finale.
>>
Justified which also features Walton Goggins had a really good finale. I think he is the best part of either show's finale.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.