[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Rosemary's Baby a masterpiece? https://www.youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Was Rosemary's Baby a masterpiece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRNX94fU94
>>
>>86798005
It was very well made. I don't know if there's a genre for films that create such an almost tangible atmosphere. Carpenter is great at it, but Rosemary's Baby has such an atmosphere. It maybe falls under "True Horror". Not in the sense that it really happened, but in that it evokes very real and almost corporeal feels.

It's got the spirit of whatever it is that makes us fundamentally creeped out by snakes.
>>
>>86798005
I don't like dropping the name "masterpiece". It is a very good film. However, there's something slightly unsatisfying about the end. It could have used a sequel, but now i don't know who could make an interesting one.
>>
definitively skin crawling

its a treatise on trust
>>
>>86798974
there's at least one book sequel
>>
>>86798005
as close to perfection as possible.
>>
>>86798005
It was pretty good. Can't think of any major flaws in the execution of the concept.
>>
>>86798005
One of the few horror movies I'd recommend to people who aren't genre fans.
>>
>>86798005
Boring, not scary, and a relic of its time that will not age well. It was also filmed rather goofy in my opinion.

>Muh satanism! Muh moral panic!
>>
>>86798005
>Gf tells me about the film "Sophie's Choice."
>Says how sad and heart breaking it is.
>Forget about utnfor quite a while.
>See that "Rosemary's Baby" is on TV.
>Convince myself that this is that Sophies Choice that the gf was on about.
>Confused as all fuck when nothing happens how my gf describes it.

Still a good movie though. Utterly confused myself until I realised they're completely different films though.
>>
>>86802800
>boring
Why is this every redditor's go to complaint? Do they really think everybody else is as dumb as they are?
>>
>>86802800
>guy sacrificing his wife to the devil
>knowingly harming his wife and causing her pain throughout her supernatural pregnancy
>all for a career boost
>not horrifically scary
Not enough gore and jumpscares for you, huh kid?
>>
>>86802952
Low IQ people are never bored because even mundane things require all their brain-power to comprehend. The smarter you are the more likely you are to find a movie boring.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.