[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"fuck you Jamie you stood there and did nothing while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: jamie and ned.jpg (39KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
jamie and ned.jpg
39KB, 500x255px
>"fuck you Jamie you stood there and did nothing while the Mad King burn my father and brother to death"
>literally not a minute later
>"fuck you Jamie killing the Mad King was dishonorable, it was not justice"

What did Ned mean by this?
>>
He should've either joined the rebellion or gone down with the king. No inbetweens.
>>
are you stupid
he is saying you didn't chose sides until it was beneficial to him so to stop saying he had to kill the king
>>
Bad writing was germinating, it only went into full bloom this season
>>
>You served him well when serving was safe.
>>
>>86781731
>>86781770
That's fucking dumb.

Ned's fucking dumb.

No wonder he died by trusting Littlefinger after Littlefinger said Ned shouldn't have trusted him.
>>
>>86781691
This is the best scene not in the books.
>>
>>86781770
>>86781731
Jaime was deliberately kept in the capital as basically a hostage to prevent Tywin from joining the rebellion
>>
Nothing. He's an utter moron who thankfully died for his idiocy.
>>
>>86781691

>10 seconds later
>"You served him well, when serving was safe" - Ned

Hmm, I don't know OP, I can't quite figure it out.
>>
>>86781731
>>86781770
>>86781796
Even if Jamie joined the rebellion right off the bat, Ned would have called him honorless for breaking his Kingsguard vows.
>>
>>86781936
he died for sansa's idiocy tho
>>
>>86781961
>serving a Mad King who burns people at the slightest provocation
>ever safe
Hmmmm.
>>
>>86781808
>No wonder he died by trusting Littlefinger after Littlefinger said Ned shouldn't have trusted him.

Littlefinger only betrayed him after Ned consistently ignored his advice and became a bad bet with his stupidity
>>
>>86781796
jaime faggots can't comprehend such simple thing.
>>
>>86781961

but serving wasn't safe the mk would chimp out and burn random guys in his court
>>
>implying Ned is dead
>Vary's talk with Ned in the cell's telling him of a way out
>People at the execution remarking that it didn't even look like Ned
>implying Ned isn't going to be the prince that was promised
>>
>>86782063
no he betrayed him because Ned chose the honorable/martyr path and littlefinger saw opportunity to profit
>>
>>86782063
How exactly did Littlefinger betray him? He told Ned not to trust him. If Ned was still stupid enough to trust him after that, then he is really just betraying himself.
>>
This is far from the biggest offense the writing team has made. The worst one in the entire show so far was;

Davos to Melisandre
>"I loved that girl like she was my own daughter, and you burned her alive!"
>Melly "But her own mother and father also-"
>"If I ever see you again I WILL EXECUTE YOU MYSELF!"

Davos to Tyrion
>"The last time I was here in Kings Landing you murdered my beloved son with wildfire"
>"well let's go funny meme-dwarf we got a lot of stairs to climb and we ain't getting any younger, haha"

Second worst was;

>"I did not stand beside you in battle, and I will regret that to my dying day. But I will stand with you now and forever Jon Snow. THE KING IN THE NORTH!"
Jon is literally gone for one day to conduct negotiations
>"Jon Snow has abandoned us! Sansa you must depose him and be Queen!"
>>
>>86781691
In Ned's defense here if most people know of somebody did something like this they assume the reason why they acted isn't because of the reasons they said. And it doesn't help that Jamie was sitting on the throne which is a striking visual representation for anybody with a suspicious mind.
>>
>>86781691
>>>What did Ned mean by this?
For Jamie to stop being A cuck
>>
>>86787845
>Humans are fickle being, they can either change and forgive people, or not change and keep making the same mistakes

WEW
>>
File: 1502320080820.gif (1MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502320080820.gif
1MB, 500x250px
>>86785558
But if he didn't trust him after being told not to trust him, that would mean he trusted him.
>>
>>86781691
Ned is a faggot and deserved to die is what it means.
>>
>>86790713

David pls
>>
>>86781895
But it isn't the scene where the sand snake girl tells Bronn he needs her Bad Poosy. For me that was the best scene and most authentic dialogue to the setting of the entire series.
>>
ned was a mary sue while jaime charged a dragon handicapped
>>
>>86788873
>it doesn't help that Jamie was sitting on the throne
m8 it was just a laff
>>
>>86781691
the source material is shit and the people adapting it for tv are humongous dipshits
>>
just how many years ago was the rebellion before the start of the show?
>>
>>86791022
Who is david?
>>
>>86791150
Ned came back with Jon Snow after the war ended so its longer than any of Ned's kids
>>
>>86788873
This. As far as Ned knows:

>Tywin basicaly stayed neutral until he knew that Aerys would lose
>He joined the war effort by sacking King's Landing
>During the sack, Tywin's son killed Aerys, a man he was sworn to protect

Ned walked in on Jamie sitting on the throne and making a joke about killing the king. He knows Tywin is incredibly rich and has aspirations at power. As far as he was concerned, something seriously fishy had happened and he didn't give a shit about Jaime's explanation. Jamie also would have known this, since he knew what Ned was like and how loyal he was to Robert.
>>
File: 02454545465.jpg (188KB, 806x617px) Image search: [Google]
02454545465.jpg
188KB, 806x617px
>>86781691
>"fuck you Jamie you stood there and did nothing while the Mad King burn my father and brother to death"

Eddard never blamed Jaime for his father and brother's deaths, only for breaking his vows and killing the king.
>>
First off Ned was already pissed walking into that room. He knew the Lannisters betrayed Aerys and sacked the city. He knew they murdered Rhaegars wife and children. Ned was absolutely disgusted. So then he walks into the throne room, and sees young Jaime sitting on the throne with the dead king beside him. He's PISSED!!!!
>>
>>86781691
>Starks are retarded hypocritical moralfags

FFS its been 7 seasons and you still dont get it. Jon is literally the only Stark to show true honor, and even hes inconsistent with his honor at times. Long story short, its very hard to be honorable and noble completely without contradicting one vow or another
>>
File: Tywin Lannister 012.jpg (340KB, 1144x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Tywin Lannister 012.jpg
340KB, 1144x1130px
>>86781907
>Jaime was deliberately kept in the capital as basically a hostage to prevent Tywin from joining the rebellion

Which begs the question; what was Tywin thinking when he marched on Kingslanding?

How did Tywin know Maester Pycelle had convinced the king or would convince him to open the gates (against Varys advice) and if Tywin didn't know, he had to have known he was risking Jaime's life (his only "real" son)?
>>
>>86787845
>burned alive because the very same witch in front of him persuaded their parents to burn her alive
>burned in war while trying to invade king's landing
>>
File: 1503469888831.jpg (215KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503469888831.jpg
215KB, 1024x1024px
>>86781691
SOMEONE TALK SOME SENSE TO THIS HONORABLE FOOL
>>
File: Cersei play the game.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cersei play the game.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>86781968
>Even if Jamie joined the rebellion right off the bat, Ned would have called him honorless for breaking his Kingsguard vows.

True, Eddard was an ass when it come to honor, to the point of his own death and destruction of his family and the kingdom.
>>
>>86791594
>At last I see, we're truly Game of Thrones

BRAVO GRRM
>>
>>86791418
Well Pycelle has always been a pawn of the Lannisters, so I guess he bet on Pycelle serving them
How far he was risking Jaime is up for guesses though
>>
>>86791431

In both cases the literal single person most responsible for the death of his proxy daughter and real son are standing in front of him, yet his reacation is diametrically opposed.
>>
>>86793792
you're not entitled to be butthurt at someone killing your son while he was on the aggressors side in war, you're entitled to be butthurt at someone for burning a little girl to death as a human sacrifice
>>
>>86793792
>>86794006
and besides, he was butthurt, thus the curt comment, he just knew it was fair game
>>
>>86781775
>only this season
m8
>>
>>86791418

Tywin was much younger then. A replacement heir was not out of the question. It was also a major civil war and it was evident who was going to win, what's the point of preserving Jaime if your house goes down for being on the wrong side?
>>
>>86790713
dont appeal to some obtuse bullshit about what you think about human nature, that shit is so weak.
>>
File: Melisandre and Davos.jpg (71KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Melisandre and Davos.jpg
71KB, 600x360px
>>86794006
>you're not entitled to be butthurt at someone killing your son while he was on the aggressors side in war

So Davos just... forgave Melisandre for his deaths of his four sons and is cool with her now?

It's bad writing and you know it, Dumb & Dumber don't know what to do with Davos or Melisandre now (or any of the characters...) and this just lurches from one kewl! scene to another.
>>
File: tywin and jaime.jpg (36KB, 500x567px) Image search: [Google]
tywin and jaime.jpg
36KB, 500x567px
>>86794192
> Tywin was much younger then. A replacement heir was not out of the question.

No, Tywin wouldn’t marry again after Johanna but he did frequent Chatay’s brothel, via the secret tunnel.

> It was also a major civil war and it was evident who was going to win, what's the point of preserving Jaime if your house goes down for being on the wrong side?

Neutrality or simply delaying his support of Robert (like the Freys did with the Tullys) wouldn’t have harmed House Lannister, though I suppose Tywin figured as Jaime was going to die anyway defending the king, maybe if he jumped in on Robert’s side, his troops could get to Jaime first and prevent his death at the hands of Eddard’s forces.

Which begs another question; Eddard rides into the great hall with his men and finds Jaime on the Iron Throne but where were the House Lannister troops, if they had gotten to Kingslanding first?
>>
>>86781775
s5 is still the worst season
>>
>>86790880
So being captured by the guards was part of his plan?
>>
>>86781775
You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>86791418
What? Aerys was convinced that Tywin was coming to reinforce the capital. He didn't declare he was for the rebellion until Aerys was cold on the ground and Ned was marching on the city. This is why Ned couldn't trust the Lannisters.
>>
>>86791214
What joke did he make?
>>
>>86783073
he never burned a King's Guard and although he didn't trust his son he never directly fucked with anything his son was up to. The entire King's Guard save Jaime because he wasn't in on it, was loyal to the Prince and despite him being a targ fucking shit he didn't let Aerys fuck with any of his things, or at least that's the way it seemed.
>>
>>86794707
No. Season seven is way way worse.
>>
>>86794608
Lannister forces entered through the North West gates and had more city to clear than Ned's forces which entered through the East gate. On top of that Tywin was more concerned with catching fleeing Targs than he was with finding his son, he sent the mountain to kill the slut and her spawn so, make of that what you will.
>>
>>86795567
Basically this.

S7 is only "saved" by so many pivotal and "epic" moments of the story coming to a head because people have been waiting years to see dragons in battle and Dany invading Westeros, but in reality the writing is much, much worse than what it seems. The writing is terrible, not even worthy of being written by an 80 year old granny at a workshop in her retirement home.

Strip away the dragons and CGI, leave only the storytelling, and this is by far the worst season of the shkow
>>
>>86791150
16 or 17 years in the books I think, probably 18-20 in the show.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.