[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Rhaegar Targaryen the worst person in Westeros? Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 15.jpg (44KB, 320x429px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
44KB, 320x429px
So is Rhaegar Targaryen the worst person in Westeros?

Literally every single problem in the show (Aside from Mance and the white walkers) can be traced back to him. He started Robert's rebellion. He fucked over Dorne, which lead to Oberyns death, which lead to Dorans death and the fall of that house. He dishonored house Stark, and him letting his own children get killed, later lead to Ned's death and later the Red wedding. He was the reason Dany was sent to Essos, and later fucked Essos over and is now invading Westeros. His actions later lead to the Greyjoy rebellion, war of five kings, and the war after that. At this point, he can't even be called a well intentioned extremist. The fucker started 4 wars and ruined too fucking many lives to count, all because he wanted a magic baby.
>>
pretty much

in b4 white males try to justify his shittery just because he's also a white male
>>
>>86771034
Implying it would all be okay, if Reggy Targaryen was black?
>>
>>86771034
>targaryens
>white
they are not even native westerosi
>>
>handsome prince swoops off with his lover who is betrothed to another because their love is true and her marriage was arranged
>gets killed by her fat drunk husband

wooooow
>>
Pussy is a powerful thing.
>>
I don't get it. If you're going to butterfly effect all these events and place the blame on one person why start with Rhaegar? It was someone else's fault that Rhaegar did the things he did and someone else's fault for that person too.
>>
File: ignorant they are copy.jpg (493KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
ignorant they are copy.jpg
493KB, 1024x819px
>>86770680
>magic baby
Literally: WHAT?
>>
>>86771098
>Jon Snow the black
>>
>>86771098

Implying the /pol/ degenerates wouldn't bother defending him in that case
>>
>>86771034
Valyrians are interlopers. GRRM's words, not mine. Their civilization was destroyed because of them and now they're trying to spread their misery and decay to other continents. Targs aren't Westerosi, and have to go back.
>>
>>86770680
>REEEE good of the few>good of the many
The magic baby is what will save the whole world.
>>
>>86770680
Well he's handsome and got the wolfpussy, so..worth it I guess?
>>
>>86770680
He looks like a younger, thinner version of Chris Hemsworth.
>>
>>86771370
Could have been done without 4 wars tho...
>>
>>86771189
Since if rahegar didn't take lyanna, almost all of the bad shit wouldn't have happened. Worst case scenario would have been a small war between Tywin and the mad king (and that wouldn't have involved most of westeros), and Mance marching on the wall to get away from the walkers. He could have just challenged Robert to a duel, if he wanted Lyanna so bad.
>>
>>86770680
You are so stupid it hurts. He can be called the most stupid person in westeros, not the worst person, neither an extremist.

Lyanna didn't want to be with Robert cos he was a chad that liked whoring, Ned supported Robbert when Aerys burned alive his father and brother, and of course Aerys that liked burning people for the lulz.

All of that started because of Rhaegar, but the main reason all of this happened was that the fucking king was a fucking mad man that everyone hated.

Go say stupid shit somewhere else
>>
>>86772426
>Rhaegar takes lyanna away
>Starks go to kings landing to get her back
>start yelling shit at the mad king
>the mad King burns them alive
clearly the starks had it coming, and rehgar was in no way involved in it. Right?
>>
>>86771116
They are aryans you imbecile
>>
if he didnt do all that shit the dragons wouldnt exist and the whitewalkers would destroy the world
>>
>>86770680
no your just blaming him for shit others did.

little finger actively killed or got a stark killed 3 times. racked up debt for the lanisters even though he had a whore house and thats a license to print money. arranged the marriage for sansa to ramsey. and is probably going to do something to compromise the wall even if he doesnt intend for it to
>>
>>86771370
I'd love it if it turned out the azor ahai prophecy is just a load of horse shit
>>
>>86773807
>no your just blaming him for shit others did.
This. It's not Rhaegar's fault his father was insane and Bobby B couldn't believe that someone would reject him.
>>
>>86770680

The entire premise of Robert's Rebellion is a direct ripoff of The Iliad, shoehorned in to make Rhaegar a synthesis of Paris and Hector.

Rhaegar dindu nuffin. He wuz a gud boi.
>>
>>86771034
>>86771250
Nobody defends Rhaegar except people who think he was Prince Charming. No really, when have you ever seen /pol/ defend Rhaegar Targaryen, least of all for racial reasons?
>>
>>86775653
Then who is my nigga Achilles?
>>
>X character is the root of all problem of all the series
Literally level 1 / 1000 casual.
>>
File: Lyanna.jpg (50KB, 564x568px) Image search: [Google]
Lyanna.jpg
50KB, 564x568px
>>86770680
Be honest, faggots.
Wouldn't you not hit that 10/10 Stark grill if she wanted it?
>>
>>86776048
Lloras or Bronn
>>
File: Chad vs Virgin date.jpg (141KB, 695x779px) Image search: [Google]
Chad vs Virgin date.jpg
141KB, 695x779px
>>86771034
But here is where you are wrong.
Rhaegar is white chad ubermensch, therefore dindu nuffin.
>>
>>86776048

Robert and/or possibly Jaime. There's not really an analogous Achilles figure, but the whole premise of a war starting over someone getting cucked is straight from the Illiad, complete with the subtext that Lyanna/Helen wanted Paris/Rhaegar instead of her betrothed remaining the same. Martin even ripped off the whole bit of different city-states/kingdoms swearing fealty based on entirely superfluous reasons because MUH HONOR.

The real question is who is Big Ajax? hint: it's the Mountain
>>
File: Odysseus.jpg (57KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Odysseus.jpg
57KB, 600x900px
>>86776233
So is Ned is Odysseus?
>>
>>86771211
He was convinced he was going to produce the 'Prince that was Promised'

>>86770680
>Aside from [sic] the white walkers

Meaning when his child saves the world from them all will be forgiven right...
>>
>>86771211
>He's never heard of the Song of Ice and Fire

Fucking normie showfags, I swear.
>>
>>86776322

Nah....There's not really a good Odysseus counterpart. But Dany definitely has some elements of Aeneas, albeit it's terribly done.

All of this shit is just reminding me that The Iliad is far superior to this shit and you should read it instead of watching the shitfest that is GoT.

Also, Troy was trash. Faithful Iliad adaptation when?
>>
>>86776233
The Illiad has next to nothing to do with Paris/Helen though, brainlet. The Illiad is about Achilles being ridiculously angry with agamemnon. You're confusing the Illiad with the entirety of the Trojan war cycle in Greek myth. Which is a pretty common mistake among people who only pretend to have read it.
>>
>>86776730
>The Illiad is about Achilles being ridiculously angry with agamemnon.
Delete this, you sack of whine.

Iliad is about Achilles understanding a father who loves his son and respects him by giving his corpse to him.
>>
*takes your betrothed and creampies her daily*

Rhaegar the Last Dragon did nothing wrong, Lyanna obviously loved him aswell.
>>
>>86776622
>you should read X instead of Y
You do realize people are capable of reading more than one book?
>>
>>86773807
Had Rheagar never started Roberts rebellion, Littlefinger would never have come to power.

>>86775587
Yes his father was insane, but the starks went after their own kin. It was also personal for Starks. Had Rheagar never took Lyanna, or had Lyanna left a note saying: fuck Rober, I love Rheagar, the whole Rebellion could have been avoided. Starks would never have gone to the mad king, and at worst, Robert would have gone after Rheagar alone.

>>86776151
Im into lolis and stuff. Season 1-2 Arya would have been my thing. And even if I would want her, I would do it in a way, that does not look like I stole and raped her, thus starting an endless cycle of war.

>>86776333
>He was convinced he was going to produce the 'Prince that was Promised'
inb4 he was wrong. He took a fucking huge gamble.
>Meaning when his child saves the world from them all will be forgiven right...
Not necessarily. Dorne would never forgive that, because Rheagar betrayed them big time. (But Dorne is just a city in the show, and a pretty much dead city at this point.)
>>
>>86776925
>Lyanna obviously loved him aswell.
Since when does it matter, what the girl feels? If she felt that way, maybe she should have told her family, so they wouldn't go barking at the mad king to get her back.
>>
>>86776900
That's the moral resolution, not the driving force of the plot
>>
>>86776730

The premise of the entire war is based off of Agamemnon getting cucked. I didn't say shit about the themes, which if we're being honest >>86776900 is closer to being right than you are. Achilles RAGE is the center of the story, but his rage is more metaphysical than simply his beef with Agamemnon and cuts to the core flaw within Achilles. This rage manifests itself in many ways, from his refusal to fight due to spite and anger all the way to his entrance back into the war because he's so enraged that his fuckboi Patroclus gets wrecked by Hector, even though it's Achilles' fault for not securing his armor and allowing his countrymen to be cut down by the hundreds all because Achilles is a whiny bitch. The whole poem is a reflection on duty, honor, sacrifice, and the responsibility people with power have to serve those who don't have as much power or influence. It's why Hector is the true hero, whom even Achilles comes to accept as a truly noble man while Achilles irresponsibility and submission to his selfish nature leads to terrible destruction on both sides of the war. It would have honestly been better if Achilles just sucked it up and fought and ended the war quickly, thereby saving hundreds, if not thousands of men on both sides and possibly preventing the entire destruction of Troy in the process.

But please tell me again about how I haven't read the poem faggot.
>>
>>86770680
yet all he did was marry the woman he loved, really makes you think
>>
>>86771211
This 'literally' meme word has lost it's spark I think. I see it being used all the time by normies. RIP literally
>>
>>86777229
>fuckboi Patroclus

other way around, Achilles was Patroclus fuccboi
>>
>>86777229
Except it Helen was the wife of menelaus you stupid idiot, and the spiriting away of Helen is not in the Illiad at all. The Illiad starts in the ninth year of the war.
>>
>>86777229
Also, Achilles gave his armor to patroclus, so yeah, it's pretty clear you only watched troy
>>
>>86771120
He was neither fat, drunk or her husband at the time

>>86770680
It was mostly because of Aerys being a total sperg, Rhaegar was a much smaller part in it. By the same account you can blame Cersei for fuggin her brother and creating bastard kids, thus causing the War of the Five Kings, at least she actively caused it because of her own malice, similiar with Aerys. Rhaegar just followed whatever he felt he was prophesied to do to save the world and with the Jon Snow plotline he sort of was right.
>>
>>86777229
Also also, Hector was a little bitch that fled around the entire city from Achilles and only stopped to fight him after Athena tricked him into thinking he had a companion. So that you think Hector is the "true hero", which is a theory that is not entertained by any serious literary critic, only further confirms my suspicion that you are basing your knowledge off that shitty movie and Wikipedia
>>
>>86778734

He allowed him to wear his armor, which is different from giving it to him.

>>86779004
>Also also, Hector was a little bitch that fled around the entire city from Achilles and only stopped to fight him after Athena tricked him into thinking he had a companion. So that you think Hector is the "true hero",

>He thinks a character can't be heroic if he doesn't act like a fucking Anime character and stop to fight a literal demi-god rather than trying to get to safety to lead his troops for another day.

>which is a theory that is not entertained by any serious literary critic.
You can't be serious right? Hector has been identified as the tragic hero of The Iliad from everyone from G.K. Chesterton to Tolkien

"Achilles had some status as a sort of demigod in pagan times; but he disappears altogether in later times. But Hector grows greater as the ages pass; and it is his name that is the name of a Knight of the Round Table and his sword that legend puts into the band of Roland, laying about him with the weapon of the defeated Hector in the last ruin and splendor of his own defeat. The name anticipates all the defeats through which our race and religion were to pass; that survival of a hundred defeats that is its triumph."

Why the fuck do you think the poem ends with the burying of Hector? When Hector fell, so to, in essence, did Troy and with it the wanton desires of the Acheans to destroy Troy succeeded over the tragic need for self-preservation.
>>
File: Leaf.jpg (81KB, 425x601px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf.jpg
81KB, 425x601px
>>86771116
>they are not even native westerosi
No man is.
>>
>>86779615
You were very clearly implying that patroclus took the armor against Achilles will.

And it's hilarious to refer to someone as an "anime character" for virtue displayed by half the cast. Hector is not portrayed in a negative light, I will grant you, but you are a knuckle-dragging retard if you think that he, who is totally static as a character, is the "true hero" over the one character that has a discernible arc.

The poem ends with Hector's funeral because the core theme of the story is the shared humanity between enemies. Achilles was wronged, but realized he wronged others in turn.

And lmao at that terrible quote
>>
>>86780491
>who is totally static as a character, is the "true hero" over the one character that has a discernible arc.
You don't need to have a full arc to be the hero. This is a meme.

>And lmao at that terrible quote
Yes because it's not like G.K. Chesterton was one of the most brilliant writers of the 20th century. He's also right. Why the fuck would Hector endure as a symbol of heroism and chivalry if he wasn't heroic? Why has Hector always been associated with honor, nobility, and duty whereas Achilles has always been associated with appetitive self-destruction?

Why the hell did Rome want to their origin to descend from Troy rather than from Thessaly?
>>
>>86779004
Come on, anon. Hector knew he was going to die with complete certainty. Only an idiot would take on Achilles, especially if they had other options, such as running away. Hector acted far more heroic than the other characters. That's a fact. Hector avoiding a fight he knows he can't win doesn't make him a coward, it makes him smart. There are a lot of examples in WW2 where the allies avoided fights because they knew they would lose. One of them involves the Americans abandoning the Philippines for the Japanese. No one calls the American soldiers that left the Philippines cowards.
>>
>>86779847
>implying they didn't take from those ice niggers
>>
>>86776322
Didn't he stab lord commander Mormont from behind, in the movie? That's pretty meta.
>>
>>86770680
By OP's reasoning Aegon Targeryan I is the worst person in Westeros because his actions eventually caused Aerys and Rhaegar to be born. Rhaegar can be directly blamed for setting off Robert's Rebellion and not much else. Honestly the Realm would probably have rebelled anyway since Aerys was so atrocious, Rhaegar was just the linchpin.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.