[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Eraserhead is weird. Eraserhead is blatantly weird. Its weirdness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Eraserhead.jpg (433KB, 1200x1582px) Image search: [Google]
Eraserhead.jpg
433KB, 1200x1582px
>Eraserhead is weird. Eraserhead is blatantly weird. Its weirdness is superficial and intentional.

Is he right? What did he mean by this?
>>
>>86756891
Who the fuck said this an where do they live so I can kill them?
>>
>>86757421
http://smugfilm.com/brian-depalma/

use ctrl+f
>>
One of his worst Tbh
>>
>>86757483
I started reading it and it starts amazingly well, but it feels like the guy simply isn't interested writing about his 80s-onwards work (not to mention shitty baits along the whole text). Also, this is a rather small thing, but for some reason he completely ignored the Conversation, which is basically Blow Out done better (obviously, this guy seems to have a bone to pick with De Palma's contemporaries so that might explain it).
>>
wth was that woman with the weird cheeks?
>>
>>86758095
I still can't believe he just quickly dismissed The Fury as being a "really shitty movie".
>>
>>86757883
Mulholland Drive is Lynch's worst.
>>
>>86758119

She was meant to be... some sort of angel, I guess. I once heard someone say she represents death, both attractive and offputting. I don't think it's as simple as that but that interpretation is as good as any.
>>
Are there other movies like Eraserhead?
>>
File: 64142833_p4_master1200.jpg (230KB, 1200x1194px) Image search: [Google]
64142833_p4_master1200.jpg
230KB, 1200x1194px
>>86758296
That's his best anon
>>
>>86757483
>I’ll just start with his best movie: Carlito’s Way.

Fucking dropped
>>
>>86762429
Begotten
>>
>>86762429
Yeah, Lynch made more than one movie.
>>
>>86758296
This is the glaring mark of the Pleb
>>
>>86758296
Actually, Blue Velvet is his weakest.
>>
>>86762429

All of japanese cyberpunk owes a lot to it. Watch Tetsuo or something.

Pi tries really hard to look like it too.
>>
>>86756891
>Its weirdness is superficial
Id say the weirdness is anything but superficial. Shit's weird down to its core.
>>
>>86762429
Twin peaks season 3
>>
>>86761761
That's kind of the meme default "what does it mean????" answer. I think if she represents anything she represents Henry's desire for a truly caring woman.
>>
>>86764502

That does seem like it's closer to the truth. I guess with her stepping on those sperm cells she might represent some sort of idealized, pure, nonsexual kind of relationship as to where sex is depicted in the movie as something inherently tainted.

And I genuinely don't want to rule out the possibility that the only reason for her weird cheeks is that Lynch thought it looked interesting. I think a lot of his weird visuals were created on intuition rather than with a specific purpose or allegory in mind they're meant to invoke. He talks a lot about things needing to "feel" right.
>>
>>86764073
This desu, episode 8 is the most Eraserhead thing since Eraserhead
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.