[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened? How did Daredevil have such amazing action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 150417-news-daredevil4.jpg (118KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
150417-news-daredevil4.jpg
118KB, 1300x867px
What happened?

How did Daredevil have such amazing action scenes, violence, and fight choreography?

How did we end up with quick cut lame shit like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders?
>>
There was only one good guy and he had his face covered most of the time.
>>
I think Daredevil had a different team/show lead working on it. From memory it was the same guy who did Spartacus, and that show has the most god tier action scenes ever.
>>
>>86753025
Those other shows all had completely different crews working on them. Just because they're all under the Marvel banner doesn't mean they share any of the talent.
>>
>>86753025

The showrunner for the first season of DD didn't stay on for the second season.
>>
>>86753123
Steven DeKnight is awesome. He started out as a writer on Buffy and Angel and then Spartacus so he has a lot of experience writing shows with fights in mind.

So I'd imagine that as a showrunner he tried to really focus on getting the fights to look great. Honestly all it takes is a good stunt/fight coordinator and a cast and crew willing to spend the time rehearsing a lot to make it look good.
>>
>>86753123

Hmm im gonna have to check spartacus out now
>>
As has been said, Drew Goddard came first and then left midway through season 1 production after being tapped for Sony's aborted Sinister 6 movies post ASM-2. Then Steven S. Deknight finished it off and left prior to season 2 for Transformers universe movies and to direct the upcoming Pacific Rim 2.

Every single show has different showrunners and the man overseeing the TV universe (Jeph Loeb) doesn't seem to have that much a voice in each individual season. Sure, it's nice to let loose creative people and see what they come up with. But you're dealing with the lumps that come when you hire someone like Scott Buck to do something quick and cheap.
>>
you can always blame the jews
>>
>>86753025
that scene where he's just brawling and getting exhausted was the best
>>
>>86753440
Hope they've got some decent talent behind Punisher. Looks like its showrunner's only notable experience was as an executive producer throughout Hannibal seasons 2 and 3.
>>
>>86753667

I want robocop violence not some watered down quick cuts :(
>>
>>86753667
Hannibal had a pretty spectacular amount of gore for a network TV series so hopefully it turns out ok.

I know Steven DeKnight wanted to do Punisher and make it a hard R show. Now he isn't involved, but I really do hope they go down that route.
>>
>>86753667
The episodes he wrote:
(1.09) "Trou Normand"
(1.11) "Rôti" (with Bryan Fuller and Scott Nimerfro)
(1.13) "Savoureux" (with Bryan Fuller and Scott Nimerfro)
(2.01) "Kaiseki" (with Bryan Fuller)
(2.03) "Hassun" (with Jason Grote)
(2.05) "Mukōzuke" (with Ayanna A. Floyd and Bryan Fuller)
(2.06) "Futamono" (with Andy Black, Bryan Fuller and Scott Nimerfro)
(2.07) "Yakimono" (with Bryan Fuller)
(2.08) "Su-zakana" (with Bryan Fuller and Scott Nimerfro)
(2.10) "Naka-Choko" (with Kai Yu Wu)
(2.13) "Mizumono" (with Bryan Fuller)
(3.01) "Antipasto" (with Bryan Fuller)
(3.03) "Secondo" (with Angelina Burnett and Bryan Fuller)
(3.04) "Aperitivo" (with Nick Antosca and Bryan Fuller)
(3.05) "Contorno" (with Bryan Fuller and Tom de Ville)
(3.06) "Dolce" (with Bryan Fuller and Don Mancini)
(3.07) "Digestivo" (with Bryan Fuller)
(3.08) "The Great Red Dragon" (with Nick Antosca and Bryan Fuller)
(3.09) "And the Woman Clothed with the Sun..." (with Bryan Fuller, Helen Shang and Jeff Vlaming)
(3.11) "...And the Beast from the Sea" (with Bryan Fuller)
(3.13) "The Wrath of the Lamb" (with Nick Antosca and Bryan Fuller)

All his Hannibal episodes are considered some of the best of the series. Let's hope he's working with a good stunt team and was actually given time to work.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.