[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is literally nobody asking why these guys have magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (955KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
955KB, 1440x1080px
Why is literally nobody asking why these guys have magic fucking flaming swords?
>>
>>86752584
he is azor ahai
>>
because they always did
>>
>>86752584
He used charcoal pine resin you pleb
>>
because everyone turn off their brains while watching this
[spoilers]but gotta agree flaming swords are cool, i miss thoros[/spoiler]
>>
>>86752584
Pine Resin.
>>
He's hot, hot people can do whatever they want
>>
still, where did the lighter fluid come from?
>>
>>86752584

Its explained in the books that he coats the blade with a bit of wildfire. I'm pretty sure Thoros also mentions it after the cave fight with the hound.
>>
>>86752584
BECAUSE YOUR A FAGGOT
>>
>>86752638
>>86752647
>>86752683
How do the set it albaze though? The show just portrayed it as a hand gesture, looking an awful lot like magic.

Also why wouldnt the fuel burn up, how could they turn the fire on multiple times
>>
>>86752584
That scene gave me a hard on Beric is muh new fav char
>>
>>86752784
its magic thats why
>>
>>86752784
flint spark on the left glove, but if it was wildfire ot should be green. therefore i call magic.
>>
Blood magic, from the R'hllor. There's a factor that, because Dany's dragons came into the world, all kinds of supernatural forces became more powerful/prominent.

This is just an example of that. What those blue-lipped warlocks in Essos did was another example. And the fact that the pyromancers in King's Landing could produce wildfire more quickly was a third. There's even more examples in the books.
>>
>>86752784
It IS magic. Thoros's trick, however, is not. Only Beric's sword is real deal.
>>
the lord of light gives it to them
>>
>>86752584
He's literally been killed like 7 times and come bck to life and there's ice zombies everywhere. Who would actually care if he can fire up a sword when shit like that is currently occurring
>>
>>86752584
it's rhllor I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>86752683
I thought in the books Thoros said thats what he personally does but Beric is able to do it with just his blood
>>
Why do you ask the same question everyday?
>>
Resurrecting Beric a half dozen times, meh

HOW DOES HE LIGHT HIS SWORD ON FIRE THO
>>
try not to forget there is magic at work in GoT, only thoros sword was a trick, but considering beric is touched by azor ahai, his is just magic, not really that hard a concept to understand considering he's already been brought back to life 6 times
>>
>>86753047
>>86752584

The Targ Dynasty words "Fire and Blood" quite literally refers to blood magic.

It seems R'hllor requires some sort of blood sacrifice to manifest his powers. IE Drogo on the pyre which hatched the eggs.

Think of it in a similar vein to Alchemy. You can't simply create form from nothing. There needs to be some sort of transmutation.

Blood for the light (blood?) god!
>>
>>86752784
That's because it is magic you fucking twat. The Red Priests use magical all the time. Melisandra used magical leaches to will the deaths of three kings. We've literally seen Thoros revive a man six fucking times with it. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>86755948
So is he azor
>>
>>86752584
I thinl GRRM basically said dude is a zombie like the white walker thralls, except the difference is Beric is a fire zombie (I guess Jon is too) as opposed to an ice zombie.

Because he is a fire zombie he can take some of the fire magic making him alive and make his sword go on fire
>>
Turn off your brain ,bro
>>
>>86754120
In the show Thoros apparently has a magic sword too.
>>
>>86752584

Needed time for fanservice moments.
>>
I'm ok with this strictly because it looks so neat
>>
>>86756122

>Targaren house words mean "it's magic I ain't gotta explain shit"
>>
>>86756122
>>86756181
>>86753047
Other examples: Melisandre sacrificing Gendry's kingblood to assassinate the Balon etc.

Thoros of Myr having to sacrifice others (mentioned in the books) to revive Beric. And sacrificing Beric to revive Catlyn.
>>
>>86752584
doesn't fire make steel brittle and make them so they wouldnt stand up to enemy weapons?
>>
>>86752584
has anyone photoshopped this so that it's over the costanza shiggy diggy background? I would but I'm too busy sucking dicks
>>
if he rub my dick will it catch fire?
>>
>>86756520
Nah, heat makes steel soft but it'd have to be very hot to make much of a difference. What makes steel brittle is rapidly quenching after having heated it.
>>
>>86756520
>>86756837
they literally discuss in the books how flaming swords are a meme gimmick that ruins the sword

and in the show I believe it is implied that Beric's sword breaks during his fight against the Hound because it was on fire
>>
>>86756281
>fire zombies and ice zombies

Just fuck this series.

Fuck it.
>>
>>86756915
Its a song of ice and fire bro, DUHHH
>>
>>86756181

>"magical" is a good word to explain mediocre characterization and cheap SFXs!

You need to be dipped in a tar of acid and beaten severely with one of the books from the Harry Potter series.
>>
>>86752584
He's famous for this trick in westeros, it's literally a party trick to him.
>>
>>86756181
it's never really confirmed if the leeches actually did anything though. they probably would've died anyway
>>
>>86758734
no he's not, that's thoros. and thoros, at least in the books, can't just light his sword on fire like that. he has to put wildfire on it.
>>
>>86752584
>they establish that Thoros of Myr did flaming sword shit in season 1
>Barric lights his sword on fire with nothing when he duels the hound

>suddenly you just notice the burning swords
>>
>>86758865
right and his traveling mate was thoros.

i honestly didn't open the thumbnail and thought it was thoros
>>
>>86752584
Everyone in the Seven Kingdoms knows Thoros has a flaming sword since forever.
>>
>>86752584
I'm on my phone. But someone please shop George constanza on that pic.
>>
>>86759007
>implying any of these people were watching in season 1
>or season 2
>or season 3
>>
>>86759898
Thoros goes through tons of swords by burning them. It's just a flashy gimmick for him.
>>
it's not magic. It's just a trick. He covered sword with flammable stuff and, like Amazing Randi, he makes sparkle "out of thin air" and whooosh
>>
>>86752584
causejews
>>
>>86759007
People are idiots and don't remember anything from any other seasons unless it was violent, sexual, or memeworthy.
>>
>>86760178
I totally forgot about it, but honestly who remembers side plots from literal who minor charactersfrom an episode 5 years ago. In a show that introduces lots of literal whos and kills them off. Plus we had a 3 season break from seeing those 2 until it was convient for D&D dto drop them back into the story.
>>
>>86752584
he is my favourite character.
his line about how the enemy always wins, but we must fight really resonated with me. appreciated his character as the only one in the entire fucking series that feels anything more than shallow. He is a guy that has had a real moral dilemma and developed a philosophy.

a reason for fighting other than much kingdom, or i need to survive. he has developed a moral reason for action, that it is in line with ancient thinking ala vedic or ancient roman ideas. action for the sake of action without worry about the result.

by far the most interesting character in the show. if only they would give him more time.
>>
>>86756502
Is Beric dead in the books or does Thoros just revive him after that too?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.