[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do they mean "there's no budget" to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 9

File: file.png (487KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
487KB, 600x400px
what do they mean "there's no budget" to make 10 episodes per season anymore? They literally make millions out of it per year

it's like they purposely want to lose their cash cow
>>
>>86738499
they have to show MUH DRAGONS 24/7 now and they can't afford to do it for 10 eps
>>
>>86738499

Because now there's dragons and fireball and zombies and bullshit eating up the budget not just nice set pieces
>>
>>86738499
Was that their excuse? That makes no sense.
>>
It's one of the highest grossing TV shows in the world, they couldn't get a bit more money and have some small background dragons in now and then instead of constantly fire breathing ones? Makes an episode without them?

ROME died so that HBO may learn how to budget.
>>
>>86738499
why don't they just hire Neil Blomkamp...he's great and clearly begging for work on the cheap
>>
>>86738499
Look at how much the main cast gets payed. Can't really go on for too long when every episode requires you to pay out what A-list actors get for a single blockbuster. (((They))) want a big profit after all, only making some money will surely not suffice (((them))), besides the "actors" will get more and more per season due to (((laws)))
>>
they started paying several members of their cast (kit, emilia, lena, dinklage etc.) three times what they used to pay (from $300,000 to over $1,000,000 per episode)
>>
They're Jews, Michael.
>>
>>86738499
George wants the show to be over so he can feel comfortable writing the real story again
>>
>>86738694
That's not the biggest costs though. It's all th CGI and everyone behind the scenes.
>>
>>86738550
To be honest I've realized that CGI isn't that expensive. There have been plenty of movies with small budgets with stellar CGI. If you have a talented team you can do anything. If it's taking them hundreds of millions per episode for 3 alright looking dragons they need to fire their team and hire better people.
>>
>>86738899
George isn't going to finish the story. At least Dabid will give us an ending.
>>
>>86739264
Yes but it wont be the real ending, the real ending will be revealed in like 3 years after George dies by his two nerd aides
>>
>>86739264
Why do people keep posting dumb shit like this?
>it's better than nothing!
No it's not.
>>
Wait, you mean to tell me that shitty fucking episode was the last of the season?
>>
>>86739434
D&D know the real ending. It will be pretty close but the exact who survives/dies may vary.
>>
>>86739434
>Yes but it wont be the real ending
The Bran time travel warging will probably play a major role and that clearly came from GURM. There's no way they just invented "hold the door" -> "hodor." They know the ending.
>>
>>86738655
>payed

fucking stop this shit once and for all
>>
>>86739641
>>86739560
Why the fuck didnt GRRM just finish the fucking books, he's had 6 years to write 2 more. what the fuck man

it's honestly tragic, we could have had 12 season 1-3 quality seasons but instead we get rushed bullshit with no inspiration and NO LADY STONEHEART
>>
>>86739837
>Why the fuck didnt GRRM just finish the fucking books, he's had 6 years to write 2 more. what the fuck man
He doesn't give a shit anymore. He's bored of it and wants to move on and do something else but fans will never, ever let him.
>>
>>86739932
He signed up to finish it when he agreed to the adaptation, if he wanted to stop he shouldn't have ever let them do the show. Or at least fucking help them right the post book seasons.
>>
>>86739141
>>86738499
they could take the walking dead approach and make 1 thing look picture perfect incredible and photoshop everything else.

SO Drogon looks good and the other one looks like a low rez gif
>>
>>86738499
>rushing season 7 and 8 to end the show
>they want to make a spinoff series
it makes no logic sense.
>>
>6 episodes in the next season
>>
>>86739991
>He signed up to finish it when he agreed to the adaptation,
nope, he didn't.
>>
they barely have things to show now that grrm stopped writing and they have no source to get stuff from
>>
>>86740023
>spinoff series

What is this shit about prequels? It's like trying to answer the question: "what's the least exciting spinoff we could make?"

can anyone name a prequel that hasn't been a fiasco?
>>
>>86740023
spinoff will be easier because they can take complete control of it
>>
>>86740023

The problem is that there is no ending. GRRM didn't say D&D guessed the ending, he only said that their guess was acceptable.
>>
>>86740131
come on, Aegon's Conquest would be pretty cool.
>>
File: V7yQLP.png (4MB, 2045x1430px) Image search: [Google]
V7yQLP.png
4MB, 2045x1430px
CGI costs is NOT the issue.

Actors demanding 1 million per episode IS when there are so many cast members to pay. This is why total number of episodes are down while runtime is longer.
>>
>>86738499
They spent half the budget making a giant fucking fake ice lake out of concrete.

and the other half on cg dragoons
>>
>>86740168
Yep apparently Benjen demanded 1 billion, so they killed him off in a retarted way
>>
>>86740163
Interesting in theory. In practice unlikely to be successful. They don't know how to make things like this.
>>
>>86740236
you're right, but who else could do it better? maybe a series of movies with Peter Jackson at the helm?
>>
>>86740202
CGI dragons are cheap compared to main cast members demanding millions per episode each.
>>
>>86740131
Spartacus Gods of the arena was made as a prequel to blood & sand since Andy Whitfield (Spartacus in S1) had cancer and they created the prequel to buy time for his treatment and return to the show, unfortunately he died however that prequel is godly, just as good if not better than blood and sand.
>>
>>86740168
no actor on that show is worth 1 mil per episode lmao
>>
>>86738694
no it's only 500 000 per episode now
6 mil total for each of 5 actors
>>
>>86740326
30 mil per season is nothing
you can't even make a movie with that
fuck d&d
>>
>>86740127
He should still want to finish his life's work. But he's a fat hack who hasn't written anything coherent in 15 years.
>>
>>86740436
That's just the budget for the main characters. A total season budget could very well be up to 100 million now. That's fucking expensive for a show most people pirate anyways.
>>
>>86740487
ASOIAF is his Star Wars. He never wanted it to be his life's work.
>>
>>86740297

Yes, but some want that amount of money anyway
>>
>>86738694
Friends were paid 1 mill an ep. and that was more than 10 years ago
>>
Did D&D ever say that the budget is the reason for the shorter episodes? I thought they said it's because they only had 13-14 hours left of the story, so the result is these shorter two seasons. In other words, they can't be fucked to write for it anymore and want to finish it.
>>
>>86740600
Did Friends have a cast of almost a hundred people with sets all over the world and CGI dragons?
>>
>>86740600
Friends also was able to be shown as reruns constantly which could help feed networks massive amounts of ad revenue.
>>
>>86740678
>could
those episodes are literally bars of gold in syndication
BARS OF GOLD
>>
This season would be a lot better if it had 3 more episodes and less shitty battle scenes. Just more political intrigue, scheming, and character moments. As is, more than half the cast has nothing to do at all except maybe have a scene to remind the audience they still exist.
>>
>>86740662
I can't remember
>>
>>86740143
GRRM said that they guessed Jon Snow's parents correctly, and that's why he agreed to let them write. He's also said that since the show started, he's given D&D and his editors notes about the ending of the series; they don't include small plot details, but D&D do know how the series ends.
>>
>why does this billion dollar company, who obviously has paid financial people whose job is to research and estimate loss/gain do X, when I, a person who pirates movies and tv shows obviously know more then them
its a mystery op
>>
>>86740731
3 more episodes of more political intrigue, scheming, and character moments
>written by D&D
no thanks
>>
>>86740829
Good point.
>>
>>86740815
Right because people like that are never wrong and are purely motivated by doing what's best for the company.
>>
>>86740516
well i don't care if it's expensive i'm sure those kikes have enough money
they are just lazy fucks, you can see it by their writing, no creativity just endless cliches and stupid action. they don't care
>>
>>86740023
>they

HBO want to make spinoff series. D&D don't want to. They're the ones rushing seasons 7 and 8 to the end because they want to stop working on this show.
>>
File: back_to_pol.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
back_to_pol.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>86738655
>he can't get enough of those parentheses
>>
>>86739837
>Why the fuck didnt GRRM just finish the fucking books, he's had 6 years to write 2 more. what the fuck man
He stopped giving a fuck a long time ago. Honestly I stopped giving a fuck a long time ago too. Been following this shit for 17 years, there's 0 chance he finishes.
>>
Heh, it at least look good.
Now The Walking Dead, that's a series that could use some dollars more considering how succesful it is
>>
>>86740662
Yes. they were called Extras and were volunteers who wanted to be apart of the show. CGI is a moot point because it wasn't included for Friends.
>>
>>86740163

>shitty CGI dragons stomping everyone in a 100% predictable storyline

Everything that made GoT shitty, nothing that made it good
>>
>>86738655
>Muh Jews are simultaneously responsible for Hollywood corporations wanting to maximize profit and for laws the protect actors and the salaries they should receive.

this is your brain on /pol/
>>
>>86740207
>Benjen demanded 1 billion
Source. No one's that fucking deluded, my man.
>>
>>86738499
It's probably more because it's how the story just works out. Unless you want a fuckton of filler or for there to be 10 episodes this season and 4 next season.
>>
>>86738499
people vastly overestimate how many people actually pay for HBO and to watch GoT
>>
>>86738828
they're jews, betty. they're jews
>>
>>86741291

I recently heard that TWOW might come out next year. I heard in 2015 that it would likely come out in 2016 just before season 6. I then heard that it was going to come at the end of 2016. Then it was 2017 just before the series. I'll believe the potential release date when the book is actually released.

I'm glad I started out as a showfag. It must be really frustrating being involved with this series near the beginning with the promise it had, only for it to be 21 years later and the end is nowhere in sight.
>>
File: 1503406489056.jpg (210KB, 892x606px) Image search: [Google]
1503406489056.jpg
210KB, 892x606px
>>86741922
>It must be really frustrating being involved with this series near the beginning with the promise it had, only for it to be 21 years later and the end is nowhere in sight.
I started after the 3rd book just came out. Every book up to that point was better than the last. It was basically just accepted it was going to be the best fantasy series ever.

Its weird because it's still changed the genre in a massive way. It's done even more than the lotr movies to make fantasy mainstream and part of normie culture. At the same time it's tough not to be at least a little bitter.
>>
>>86738499
>They literally make millions out of it per year

How? There's no advertisements in my torrents it seems.
>>
>>86740297
I'd call that bluff. Where're you going to go Jon, Pompeii 2? What about you, Dany, Terminator: Egzodus?
>>
>>86742153
>Done better than LoTR
You clearly weren't old enough to really see the impact of those films, the books predate the film's release by decades
>>
>>86742153
What a beautiful pic and no fucking helmet in the entire season.
>>
>>86742227
kek this

they are nothing outside GoT
>>
>>86740297
BENDENI
>>
>>86742407
Can you elaborate? I'm 30 but even then all I really remember is that I felt like I was able to read my books in the open at school with less ridicule.
>>
I honestly expected nothing but boarposting past the 10th or so post
>>
File: draxos_2866179k.jpg (119KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
draxos_2866179k.jpg
119KB, 858x536px
>>86741569
My dad works for Game of Thrones, I think I know what I'm talking about.

P.s. Dany is getting uglier each episode
>>
>>86740016
You're right. The other dragons are barely seen any way. How much do they really need? Same with the wights. Until now they've all been in wide, blurred shots. Why even waste money on that?
>>
>>86742153

Problem is he got caught up the story, then just got bored. Even though the outline should be taken with a grain of salt because he says he gets bored when he knows where a story is going (which seems to be true), I think he may have actually intended for the series to be 3, maybe 4 books, but got too into the story in the first three. He then got bored when he wrote A Feast for Crows, getting himself tangled up, and was likely bored when he wrote A Dance with Dragons.
>>
Notice how every episode has an action packed climax? That shit aint free, son.
>>
>>86742774
We should get a spinoff about Xaro and Doreah in the vault.
>>
>>86742774
This. Dany was cute as hell in season 1. Now she's Caloreesi. I remember a few years ago she said she wouldn't do nude scenes anymore, but that's definitely for the best.
>>
>>86742824
>I think he may have actually intended for the series to be 3
It was only ever supposed to be 3 books. Then, like you say, he got super caught up in it and the scope became crazy. He knows what he needs to make happen but actually getting Dany to westeros in a way that makes sense he's struggled with for years. He also apparently changed a bunch of stuff because we guessed it on forums. I think the original ending is in place but it actually pissed him off so much that artists guessed his plan he changed plot points.
>>
>>86739641
>There's no way they just invented "hold the door" -> "hodor."
That was a theory floating around the fanbase for years. D&D love their fan theories.
>>
>>86738550
>>86738499
sure CGI costs money, but I'm pretty sure it's the 2 Jew directors and the shit-eating-grin irreplaceable main actors who gave themselves a raise.
>>
>>86743015
>He also apparently changed a bunch of stuff because we guessed it on forums

I really hope he didn't actually do this with anything too important. Why would he leave all that foreshadowing (which I think he is quite good at), just to get pissed off when people correctly guess using it? That's what makes his foreshadowing good; it's not too obvious what it means, but you can actually work out what will happen, as opposed to it just coming out of nowhere.
>>
>>86743100
True but GURM has also said fans have guessed absurdly specific events in the books.
>>
>>86743015
If he didn't leave it so long between books people wouldn't have to become autists and sniff out every single little thing that is hinted at.
>>
File: image.png (272KB, 514x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
272KB, 514x401px
>>86738541

I hate those fucking dragons. They never shut the fuck up! Constantly making screeching noises and clucking like birds. It's so annoying. Next time you watch pay attention to those sperg monsters, they are loud obnoxious idiots
>>
>>86743244
>I really hope he didn't actually do this with anything too important.
I doubt we'll ever know the extent but certain storylines seem so tacked on I doubt he ever planned them (most of ADWD). I've been following the series for almost 2 decades and I think this is a big part of the reason he's having a hard time finishing.
>>
>>86743409
And what do they eat? Dany has barely trained them, they're probably decimating livestock and even human populations somewhere off Dragonstone and she doesn't even care. They're out of control teenage dragons that need to be taken in hand.
>>
File: meryn fucking trant.jpg (60KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
meryn fucking trant.jpg
60KB, 500x502px
>>86742774
>Dany is getting older each episode
fixd
>>
>>86742638
LARPing kicked off for a start, guess it matters what country you're from but D&D groups became more common and the hype of WoW was kicking through with LoTR and Everquest so everything came together and normies hooked onto games and anyone into that got pushed into a group of people who must enjoy D&D and all the other commodities I mentioned.
>>
>>86743496

I think he realises how badly he messed up as well. Look at the whole Arya and the Faceless Men plot. That's something where either she needs to leave them after wasting all this time or one of the main POV characters abandons their identity.
>>
>>86738633
Blomkamp would only work if they get rid of D&D
>>
>>86738633
Niel really excels with costumes, prop design, and imaginative weaponry. His downfall is his inability to tell a story. The premise always starts great but he can't close. He's a genius in his own right imo though.
>>
>>86743715
Forgot about WoW, that had a huge impact. I still hide my power level pretty well but I recently started playing DnD and wouldn't feel too weird telling certain people. 15 years ago the fact that I played everquest was top secret, it's weird how normie vidya is becoming.
>>
>>86740131
Young Sheldon.
>>
>>86740131
Better Call Saul, though it's really a spin-off rather than a prequel. Think Fraiser next to Cheers.
>>
>>86743875
>Look at the whole Arya and the Faceless Men plot. That's something where either she needs to leave them after wasting all this time
He's saidnhis biggest mistake is not writing in a several year gap. So many problems go away if you just put a 3 year time jump in.

> bran becomes 3 eyed raven with all the training necessary
> Dany stabilizes he rule of the slave cities and installs leadership so she can leave
>arya becomes full faceless man but ties to family stuff reappear and she leaves
>>
>>86738550
>season 1
>make nice set piece
>use it for 7 seasons in a row
>this magically costs money every year
???
>>
>>86738499
Not enough budget for more polarbears https://youtu.be/yx9dRL1BCCQ?t=235 3:55 everything wrong about how they approach the budget spending.
>>
>>86744253

Imagine that. He might have been able to finish the series.
>>
>>86743309
This happens with anything.
You can't be absurdly popular and drop subtle hints if you are going to act BTFO about it.

If you 10 fans and post a tricky riddle, they might not get it for a while.
If you have 10 million, the solution will probably be posted in under a minute.
>>
>>86745107
okay...
how does that contradict anything he said?
>>
>>86741509
nice try Schlomo, but your mind control powers won't work on me
>>
>>86740023

Except they can get rid of the budget draining actors
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.