[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it ever stop? Will this fad die out in our lifetime? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: capeshit.jpg (47KB, 1172x808px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
47KB, 1172x808px
Will it ever stop? Will this fad die out in our lifetime? Or will it grow even further, giving us Avengers X Justice League crossovers?
>>
I AM THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST
>>
No even if it dies out millennials will just bring it back just like baby boomers do to Westerns
>>
>>86724920
I'm holding out hope that it will die after Infinity War. All the important members of the cast are leaving like RDJ, Chris Evans, all of the GotG.
Also since all of the movies so far have literally just been feature length trailers for IW, there is no way the next phase of movies can have the same hype level.
>>
I only watched the first 3 Spider Mans with Toby McGuire, then X-man from 2000 something with captain picard as xavier and that's it. I couldn't care less about super hero movies and when I talk to my friend who is hugely into this and how much fucking movies/TV he """has"""" to watch in order to stay up to date. holy shit man, get a grip maybe?
>>
File: James.png (307KB, 361x501px) Image search: [Google]
James.png
307KB, 361x501px
>>86724920
>Will it ever stop?

No. You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults. Adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?
>>
>1986
>be huge comic nerd
>girls shun me and say "ewww look at the nerd with his comic books"
>same girls are now grown women in their 30s who can't shut up about the newest summer flick about a hot guy and his amazing super powers
>>
>>86725239
>Had to watch

Holy shit the delusion. Every Mahvel film is the same
>Introduce hero
>Oh he's a nobody
>Introduce villan
>He's a nobody
>Introduce plot item
>Don't let the bad guy get it!
>Oops the bad guy has it!
>Fight
>Oh the hero now has it
>BTW it's an infinity stone xD
>>
>>86724920
>Will this fad die out in our lifetime?
depends on what gen z likes
>>
File: 1373747076146.jpg (54KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1373747076146.jpg
54KB, 432x288px
>>86725265
Wtf I'm really scared now.
>>
>>86724920

As much as I want capeshit fad to die unfortunately I don't think its gonna happen soon. People who was born after 1994 or so grow up all those with cgi infested fantasy/animation/cape shit like harry potter, hobbit, shrek and capeshit movies etc. that they'll keep watching capeshit and some of them are so used to capeshit/fantasy bullshit that they would even find movies like godfateher, taxi driver, chinatown etc. are boring.

I was born in 1986 and grow up movies like terminator 2, back to the future trilogy, robocop, the fugitive, demolition man, judge dredd, lethal weapon series, die hard series, ace ventura etc...yes these movies are not masterpieces but miles away from all those stupid capeshit or don't melt your brain.
>>
>>86725055
Westerns are great. Neck yourself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.