[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: underrated LOTR characters This guy was badass and he rekt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

ITT: underrated LOTR characters

This guy was badass and he rekt Aragorn's shit
>>
he was a big guy indeed
>>
>>86724547
originally that was going to be Sauron but they changed it last minute and CGI'd a troll over him.
>>
I liked how Bolg fought Legolas to a standstill.
>>
>>86724663
Thank fuck. that would have been retarded.
>>
>>86724663
What this nigga said. The b-reel footage of it is on the Special Editions and it's probably somewhere on youtube too
>>
>>86724715
He was actually winning and then he walked away for no reason except plot
>>
>>86724756
>>86724728
>t. bookfags

nothing wrong with having the hero and the villain have a showdown.

it's not like their isn't precedent for it in tolkien's work.

and if you must autistically disagree, they should have done SOMETHING with sauron.

Show his body in his tower as he dies. Or show his shadow stretch across the land like the book. Or have Aragorn duel the Mouth of Sauron, just... ANYTHING other than a random troll.

They tried to show his eye hypnotizing Aragorn with leftover footage, but it didn't really work. Obviously they were on a tight schedule or something
>>
>>86724728
and a troll suddenly being a master sword fighter isn't retarded?

the best compromise would be a sword duel with the mouth of sauron, but I think the sauron change was too late in production for that sort of thing
>>
>>86724879
kill yourself
>>
>>86724547
It was supposed to have been Sauron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se-wjgbaSZA
>>
>>86725124
This looks CGI'd worse than the troll put over the top to replace Sauron
>>
>>86725278
well it's probably unfinished
>>
>>86724966
>t. nerd

go back to playin dungeons and doofuses

>>86725278
it's an edit of unused footage
>>
>>86724547
So this is the level we are talking about the butchering of talkins work?

>I like this "character" bc he is total badass and kicked aragons ass
>so awesome guys why is he in no video game guys?

Kys. Lotr 2 and 3 where terrible movies. As an adaptation or judged on its own, they are just shit, thx
>>
>>86724879
herro bait-san
>>
>>86724547
I love that troll. Is also a great scene that puts back Aragorn to a human level. He is a great hero but still Mordor is bigger. The Ring must go, or else.
And I love the fact that even if he is going to lose the battle the troll got the satisfaction of beating the shit out the King of Gondor.
>>
>>86724879

the eye trying to tempt aragorn was perfect and gave us

>....for Frodo
>>
>>86725893
how can it be perfect when it's literally a despearate attempt to salvage scrapped footage

you say "tempt", in order to tempt someone you need a thing to tempt with, just saying someone's name in a creepy whispery voice isn't really temptation
>>
>>86725825
hello bookfag
>>86725786
well actually in the video game aragorn fights the mouth of sauron. nice trivia for you.
>>
>>86725869
The troll was never even shown dying, he ran away as soon as he saw what shit was going down with the ring destroyed

pretty smart guy
>>
>>86726266
>hello bookfag
nah, I like most of the changes made in the movies because I recognize that they add to the story in the new medium.
But THIS specific fight would have destroyed the movie and Sauron how they built him up.
This specific one was rabbit-sled tier.
>>
>>86726298
No Sauron, no sun covered.
Are trolls from Gorgoroth immune to the sun effect?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.