[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when an episode is written by a woman Morty pisses his pants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 18

So when an episode is written by a woman Morty pisses his pants and Summer becomes an overly badass warlord. And when it's written by a man Summer is crying because her boobs are small and Morty is the only one acting normal. Really makes you *burp* think
>>
>>86706543
the last 3 sucked ass..

and dont have to tell you why. this was unironically the best episode of season 3 so far. i feel like the women, as is tradition, ruined a good thing
>>
Friendly reminder that TV shows have teams of writers and having a particular writer credited means close to nothing
>>
>>86707807
false, this show is unique in the sense that the episodes are kinda like comic books.. each "comic book" has a writer or writers. and the team of writers usually consist of other writers the head writer picks. at the end of it the blue florigamize is mixed in with fleeble smart. perpendicular to the theory of mass extinction, women displat a huge rack of dig ol mitties and thus conludled the evolution of the insect we all know as a tazmanian blue belled lizard spider.

indeed
>>
File: 527735235245_ghccyuu4u.png (153KB, 277x605px) Image search: [Google]
527735235245_ghccyuu4u.png
153KB, 277x605px
>this
>((("normal")))
He was normal in the previous episode.
>>
>>86708311
Haha, it becomes nonsensical at the end! LMAO
>>
File: TV BTFO.png (77KB, 805x541px) Image search: [Google]
TV BTFO.png
77KB, 805x541px
Is xhe right /tv/?
>>
All of you unintelligent, hyperactive, insecure kids read your own life into shows you watch. You broadcast your own fears into a show that's written by 40 somethings.

They don't know you, they don't get you, they don't pander to your fucked up lives. Stop trying to understand something you can't understand.
>>
>>86708479
I mean I agree but the show doesn't need to be right, like Morty said:

"no one wants to give you the satisfaction if you're right AND an asshole"
>>
I just didn't like how Morty decided to exact some kind of brutal, body-horror-type revenge on Summer's ex-boyfriend just because he broke up with her.

>you hurt her feelings, you messed with her body image

That honestly sounds like something you'd here from an Elliot Rodger type. Imagine if the episode had been Morty trying to make himself taller or more muscular or whatever, and the final scene was Summer brutally transforming/killing the girl who dumped him.
>>
>>86708678
*something you'd hear
>>
>>86708668
agreed. Asshole Rick with minimal emotional baggage like season 1 and 2 is where the fun adventures happen.
>>
Here's how season 3 is quality wise.

1 > 5 >> 4 >> 3 >>> 2
>>
>>86708678
>trying to make himself taller

Zetsubou Sensei, etc
>>
>>86706543
makes me think that the male and female writers suck acres of ass.
>>
>>86707757
vindicators was pretty funny

1>4>>>5>>>>>>>2=3
>>
>>86706543
>Really makes you *burp* think

HAHAH

nice one dude
>>
>>86708872
imo it goes 1>5>3>4>2

i mean 2 was fucking disgusting.
>>
>>86709057
yeah 2 was pretty shit

I felt 3 was so so and just a bit better, this one didnt really have me it was like that moon man episode from season 2

4 was funny because of israel joke and saw joke
>>
>>86708479
People like Rick because he's free of consequences while being effective.
>>
>>86709057
I don't understand why they had to ruin this show it was fun even if it was fedora tier previously. Now it's painful to watch especially with the pandering to the libsheepie normies.
Like, what do you gain from reducing the show's quality?
>>
>>86709372
I dont really recall any liberal ideology unless ur talking about dan's personal talkshow
>>
>>86709487
For example:
"Dr. Wong... racist name! by the way!" Like what was the point of that? It wasn't funny it was awkward
>>
>>86709542
I thought it was pretty funny
>>
>>86709542
Literally female humor.
>>
>>86709542
anything seen by a woman is racist
>>
>>86709582
How?
>>
>>86709372
i dont remember any liberal shilling.. just the general quality of the show was bad and im just saying it correlates to the writers that were on those episodes
>>
>>86709542
how is Dr. Wong a racist name?

i didnt get the mother fucking joke. I just dont see how an asian american doctor with the last name wong was racist.

is it because it closely resembles wrong? as in the way you say wong and wrong are similiar?

are you fucking joking?
>>
>>86709622
Yah back on topic, so of it's bad writing what makes the 2nd, 3rd and 4th eps avarage or outright bad, but for what purpose does this happen? What is to be gained here?
>>86709682
I know, it's baffling
>>
>>86709797
ofc*
>>
>>86708479
>jediqueer
SORRY LUCAS PLEASE COME BACK
>>
>>86706543
I really don't care whether the episode is written by a man or a woman because either way this show is fucking terrible.

>Hurrrr you're just a contrarion
>Hurrrr my reddit bogeyman

No, fuck off. There is nothing good about this show. The characters are completely void of any positive attributes, they are lazy cardboard cutouts of people who react lassez faire to everything. It really depicts the millennial humour of this board that detachment and nihilism is fucking hilarious LOL as if these thoughts are totally groundbreaking and new!

This would be fine, but then the show has the arrogance to deconstruct its protagonist as if they're this deep and resourceful writers who are so far above writing actual jokes. Meta humour is the absolute unfunniest form of comedy that there could possibly be. It disrespects the lineage of comedy, it disrespects the audiences' intelligence, it disrespects its own characters.

>B-b-but muh scifi tho

Sure, some of the premises for the situations have potential for humour but it means nothing when Rick is this super human who is never intimidates or reactive to any situation. It is immediately subverted and the science fiction is treated as silly.

FUCK THIS SHOW BOTH WOMEN AND MEN WRITERS SUCK THIS IS BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TRASSSSSSH
>>
>>86708479
Pretty sure people were memeing this show pretty hard before this season. But i wouldn't want to break the narrative.
>>
Rick And Morty is a shit show
>>
>>86709874
>tldr
>reddit spacing
You need to go back
>>
>>86708479
I think the show is just a product of writers trying to be funny.

Attributing some overarching goal to a collection of episodes is naive.
>>
>>86709967
There's nothing reddit about my post. The spacing is because I make one main point per paragraph you cretin. Which is what you're supposed to learn in school.
>>
>>86708479
She's sorta right, but the reasons why she's right is also the reasons why this season is so shitty.

From the base the characters and setting is so adversely flawed that you really can't take it seriously on any level, but the focus was being funny, and it's okay to not make tangible sense if you're being funny.

Now the show's trying to take itself seriously, and on the surface if you just tag along it seems like good writing, but if you actually think about the build up to this point of the show you start to notice a shit ton of plot holes and character inconsistencies.
>>
>>86708479

I can dig it. I've still personally found some of the humor to be off, but episode 4 was a good one in my book. I didn't care about the superhero bit, but drunk Rick creating a nightmare trap chamber was good fun. Episode 5 was okay but still too heavy on the family drama for my tastes. 4 is the only episode so far to handle the divorce plot with lightness and brevity. I'm only intrigued by 5 because of its blatant reveal of robo/cyber Rick. And the teaser for next episode shows Morty having a literal nervous breakdown. This really is the Evil Morty origin story. I'm interested to see how they handle it.
>>
>>86709542
>>86709682
>being this retarded
It's a joke on how Wong is a common half-assed last name given to Asian characters so she calls it racist even though its her actual last name
>>
>>86708479
I don't want to identify as any of them. I like that they made Jerry a loser, keep him that way. Too many shows want you to love every character. I don't care if they work out the character, but I don't want to watch them work through a divorce for the whole season. I want Futurama, not Bojack.
>>
>>86710108
IS THAT REALLY IT?

like? what the fuck would it be to not be racist? Dr. Chen?
>>
>>86710869
>like? what the fuck would it be to not be racist? Dr. Chen?

Dr. Ching-Chong Bing-Bong
>>
>>86710108
>people needed this pointed out
>>86710869
Are you fucking serious? PLEASE tell me we're not this fucking stupid.
If movies are dead and TV is taking over, and this is the playing field, someone please murder me I live in Chicago IL nobody will even find it weird.
>>
>>86706543

Every show should only have 1-2 writers for its entire lot.

If it sucks because of them, then it dies.

If it's great, then it continues because of them.

Adding new ones constantly makes quality shift, and the show will probably die anyway because of the shit writers they add.

Babylon 5 = one man writing mostly
>>
>>86708479

>black female
>Jedi Queer as name

It can't be real
>>
>>86710110
futurama had underlying recurring themes

such as lela and fry wanting to fuck and bender being suicidal
>>
This show is absolute shit tier. It's reddit the show. Pseudo-intellectuals and neckbeard faggots love it.
>>
File: 1502214051392.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502214051392.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
RICK AND MORTY SUCKS.. OK I GET. FUCK THIS SHOW!
>>
PICKLE RIIIIICK
>>
>>86708819
I switched 5 and 1
>>
>>86708479
unironically yes
>>
>>86708479
I agree but it also kinda worries me that they're gonna go the South Park route with heavy story arks that detract from the overall episodes.
>>
The whole seasons starting to suck. Right about when it went from Rick and morty going on funny adventures, to here we are with family problems. Nobody gives a fuck that these guys have family problems. Why the fuck would I wanna watch a show about family problems in a universe where he has a fucking dimension gun and you can almost do anything to make an interesting story yet here you are making an ABC sitcom.

He can fucking go into any dimension, warp time and space. Do anything, and yet here we are watching a show about a girl who's having self esteem issues and a split marriage.

At least I can watch season 1 again I guess. Fuck man.
>>
>>86710045
>4 to 3 sentences is a paragraph
maybe in middle school you 14 year old
>>
>>86711215
>we're
you have to go back
>>
File: gsicht.png (838KB, 962x1034px) Image search: [Google]
gsicht.png
838KB, 962x1034px
>>86713712
>>86713522
>>86710053
>>86710049
>>86710015
>>86708668

>when youre so contrarian, you become a tumblrerite
>>
>>86708479
What if I always thought the show sucked and still do?
>>
Disregarding the quality of the season, there is one thing I have noticed:

It is so violent. Every episode had copious amounts of blood and gore, more than the previous seasons.
>>
>>86708819
Pretty much agreed. Everyone bitches about 3 but I thought 2 was the weakest. it just seemed easy.
>>
Id love to blame women but I think its more likely that the creators just didn't have enough good ideas to drag this thing out beyond two seasons. And I cant fault those guys afterall what they DID create was pretty epic. But to keep something like that going I think you would need resources that Adult Swim just doesn't have. Women writers? Sure. Whatever. But its not just a woman writer you need, you need an ARMY of writers. The more the merrier. To keep churning out top tier episodes week after week.
>>
I've just come to the delusion that the season close of Season 2 and episode 1 of season 3 were just a two part series finale and nothing past S03E01 ever existed.
>>
File: 1503382394495.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503382394495.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>86714310
>>
the heavy focus on the divorce plot ruined it
>>
>>86709372
reeeeeeeeeeeeddddddiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt
>>
>>86714816
The lack of Jerry ruined it. It was so much more fun when he was the butt of every other joke.
>>
File: IMG_1055.jpg (48KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1055.jpg
48KB, 600x375px
>>86711799
>talking about pseudo-intellectuals and neckbeard faggots
>on /tv/
>>
>>86714814
lol
>>
File: freemazionz.jpg (605KB, 1895x1067px) Image search: [Google]
freemazionz.jpg
605KB, 1895x1067px
ugh, this show has sold out so fast.
>>
>>86708479
>I think that... [wall of text]
fascinating, truly mesmerising
>>
File: 309_big_mo.gif (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
309_big_mo.gif
30KB, 400x300px
>>86715842
plz KYS
>>
File: 314.jpg (18KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
314.jpg
18KB, 300x263px
>>86715842
have u done any fun drugs
>>
>>86708382
He didn't even tell Summer that het tits are small or anything liek that. He told her that they "don't have anything in common" which could be true and how he felt. The tits comparison thing was purely Summer's assumption. Eitherway, a person should be able to dump smeone if they don't want to be in a relationship with them anymore. Morty was just being a huge dick.
>>
>>86715842
C O N T E X T
O
N
T
E
X
T
>>
>>86708479
>The humor is exactly the same

But I want new jokes.
>>
>>86710108
It's a joke about the writer themselves for coming up with the name.

Women are so self-absorbed that they'll self-insert as a character, break immersion by trying to make jokes about the writing process and then give a long preachy comment how Rick is wrong.

It's literally wish fulfillment. The fat asian writer fantasised about nagging a world destroyer basically.
>>
>>86714138
>He has a dimension gun

Are you sure? He hasn't used it in a while.
>>
>>86717080
he doesnt need it anymore, he's become a god that can do anything through sheer nihilism
>>
>>86708479
>The writing went to a place it needed to go with perfect progression

Jesus christ
>>
>>86708479
You can argue about the meta aspect, the psychology of the people watching the show, the sex of the writers, fact is, the show has changed. Whereas previously the pace was so rapid-fire it seemed like the show was actively trying to discourage you from realizing what's happening on-screen, nowadays they fucking hang on onto every single joke in a meta "did you get it? did you see what we just did there?" way. S3E1 didn't have this issue.
>>
>>86710108
Its a shit joke.
Their last name is literally Smith. RACIST NAME BY THE WAY
>>
>>86715842
How come every single trippy dream sequence in the history of trippy dream sequences has looked as exactly the same?
>>
>>86706543
you retarded sjw virginal faggot kids need to fucking end your lives. The point of Summer becomeing an "overly badass warlord" wasn't a fucking positive. She still turned into her bitch mom stuck neutering the man she was with. What in the fuck kind of dipshit retard doesn't grasp that shit?
> Really makes you *burp* think
makes me thing that the contrarian shitposting this season is weak as fuck. If the extent of your argument is HURR I CAN'T FOLLOW A 22 MINUTE COMEDY, you should invest in helium.
>>
>>86708479
>The good this about a show built on absurdism and subversion of expectations is when everything becomes mundane and logical
>>
>>86708819
Damn dude, are you me?
>>
I liked how they wrapped up all the terrible things that happened to Jerry, by making him responsible for it all.
> you have only yourself to blame for not enjoying the craziness that the remaining family members thrust upon you
>>
>>86709542
Jesus boiz, are you guys trying you hardest not to understand the joke? The joke is on Beth thinking that is racist to have the name "Wong" since it is such a stereotypical Asian name in pop-fiction.
>>
>>86706543
>Morty is the only one acting normal

Morty was acting like a fucking sociopath, what show were you watching.
>>
>>86706543
>Morty is the only one acting normal
What, like permanently grotesquely deforming a teenage boy for hurting his sister's feelings?
>>
>>86717286
Why are you taking the joke as accusatory when its making fun of the person who made the joke? It's as if you have some sort of agenda...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
>>
>>86719897
Not him but I still didn't get the joke. Her name was Wong or something else that's kind of a common asian name. What part of that was racist?
>>
>>86719962
Exactly. The joke is that it isn't racist, it is making fun of Beth. Lets say you are black and your last name is Brown, then someone comes up to you and goes, "Brown? Racist name btw." Does that person saying that reflect poorly on you? No, it reflects poorly on the person who said it because they were somehow dumb enough to say that a common last name is racist, even though it is your real name.
>>
>>86720067
Alright got it.
I guess that went over my head because nowadays pretty much all the media are behind someone who calls everything racist.
>>
>>86717080
He didn't use it this ep I think because it was in his coat that he had to ditch
>>
>>86711253
>Babylon 5
Mah Narnigger
>>
>>86720121
You need an IQ of at least 120 to appreciate Rick and morty.
>>
>>86714506
Yeah, noticed that too. When the red haired vindicator died, it felt like those build-up drags in the modern The Simpsons. He was being mutilated for like 10 seconds. And after that his lower body splattered blood over the ceiling. And even after that they decided it wasn't enough and made Ant-man explode him.
>>
i found it funny that the episode opened just like the very first episode
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>86706543
>>86707757
>>86708819
>>86714780
>>86719640
I'm really confused, I thought /tv/ didn't watch this reddit meme garbage show. Why are you all now debating your favorite/least favorite episodes? Are you all just retarded 9gag summerfags who forgot to go back?
>>
>>86722564
ride a whirly dirly and die
>>
File: Khan.jpg (145KB, 721x960px) Image search: [Google]
Khan.jpg
145KB, 721x960px
>>86708479
Who cares? Who cares what people think, people and their opinions are retarded. Instead of wondering what people are feeling/thinking about the show, isn't it more valuable to look objectively at the actual show and how it's changed.

>Like if a rocket crashes, why would you ask the civilians what they think went wrong (they have no clue, just think they do), you have to look at the data from actual physical machinery.

For me, I'm less emotionally involved in the show because they went from being practically deep (something vastly missing in today's society) to pusdo-deep, where you know like man, it sounds so trippy whoa.

Instead of providing valuable insight into the human condition, through the media of a stupid cartoon, it has become a stupid cartoon.
>>
>>86722258
The after credit gag with the eagle getting one of the tiny guys was so fucking jarring, you saw it coming from mile away and it entirely ruined otherwise decent gag.
>>
>>86708479
People like Rick because him being free of consequences gives him a lot of comedy to work with
it's not some 2deep psychology 101 theory, it isn't deconstructing shit
>>
>>86723638
Maybe its social commentary? You can only go so deep and then you gotta deal with regular bullshit. I.e family crap. Maybe the show is slowly maturing in a sense its becoming a reflection of its society.
>>
>>86720067
could also be meta joke about the writers actually naming the asian character wong
>>
>>86723751
>You can only go so deep and then you gotta deal with regular bullshit.
Very true, however, repetition is the key to learning and people don't always get it the first time. I would have loved a show with a strong emphasis on teaching the most advance philosophies humanity has to offer in 2017. Unfortunately that is not the direction the show is taking.

>Maybe its social commentary?
Everybody is doing social commentary, the depth was (imo) what set R&M aside from the rest.

Speaking of social commentary, did you see this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvpXZxXWZU
I thought this was a genius commentary on America

>It takes a certain level of intelligence to identify a problem. It's a level above to identify the solution.
>>
I love how you guys are breaking down this cartoon like it's some kind of consequential cultural keystone. It's a fucking scifi cartoon that is and always has been filled with poop jokes. Half of the main characters dialogue is burps and half the non-burps are stutters.
>>
>>86724016
Your thinking is 1D.
>>
>Rick and ((((Morty))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs
>>
>>86724016
Exactly like our generation. We have no wars or purpose. So we waste time by pooping, farting and fantasies
>>
>>86724016
literally this. although with the shitshow behind the scene of season 3, it seems like this meme has became reality, so i just don't know anymore.
>>
>>86708479
>deconstructing Rick and other characters
which is why this season sucks.

I don't need Rick deconstructed, I don't need Beth, Sumer, Morty or Jerry deconstructed. I already fucking understand them, you don't need to explain it to me. Leave it unspoken you cunt.
>>
>>86706543
>Morty is the only one acting normal.
Morty was about to murder Summer's boyfriend because he dumped her and she assumed it was about her tits. That's normal behavior to you?
>>
>>86724762
Yes, have you been to America?
>>
File: 41474033859547.jpg (21KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
41474033859547.jpg
21KB, 400x386px
>>86706543
>thinks that the person credited with "writing" and "directing" is more than a glorified project manager

typical nu-/tv/ stupidity
>>
Vindicators > inside-out Summer.
Rickshaw Redemption #1 of course, but its connection to this season is in name only.

Vindicators was weird, stupid and made no sense. Morty thought Rick selected him as the best Vindicator when Rick didn't. Then amoral party ending.

Morphray was
>stupid Jerry being insecure and getting love
>stupid Summer being insecure and getting love
wow
>>
>>86724016
You can't really criticize show that make people feel smart for watching it because they will instantly go full defensive mode and try to force feed you some 2deep lore theories they read on youtube comments
>>
>>86724823
kek
>>
>>86708479
>being like Rick
No one really thinks they're like Rick right?

The problem with season 3 is the overly serious characterization and drama. In a setting where everything exists in infinite, easily accessible parallel universes it's pretty hard to give a shit about one specific incarnation of Rick, Morty or whoever. Personal drama shit ain't funny.
>>
>>86725029
can't wait for Rick to Cronenberg up this melodramatic universe and migrate to one that doesn't take itself so seriously.
>>
>seasons 1/2
Aptly self described scifi rigamarole, with a hearty dose of absurdity and light-hearted mockery of both the TV industry and modern sensibilities
>season 3
Weird family dramedy about a family designed to be eminently boring/replaceable/easily abandoned at the drop of a hat

That anyone debates this is just as absurd as Man vs. Car
>>
>>86724846
But somehow all episodes written by a guy are better, makes you think
>>
>>86715969
Among the best episode of South Park.
Genius on ALL levels.
>>
>Weirdass theories as to why people don't like certain episodes
Some humor just sucks. The end. Certain jokes have also outlasted their stay.

I did like how Episode 5 had a fake out about Noot Noot being Rick's favorite. I'm glad they didn't overdo it.
Also, I don't self insert as Rick.
>>
>>86725474
but the whole crew writes the show ya dingus
>>
>>86725545
The Noot fakeout worked because they set it up right by him being the only person Rick made positive comments about in the entire episode. I don't even think he said nice things about Morty until the gay love-in right before the fakeout.
>>
>>86713432
I could see that. I thought 1 was just a little bit better though.

>>86714780

2 is the weakest without a doubt. The Pickle Rick parts were the best part of 3 and it makes it better than 2, however the shitty therapy subplot keeps it behind 4. 4 is where it is because although it sort of lacked on funny parts it had one or two decent gags with israel and noob noob and the whole saw like twist, but best of all it was Rick and Morty actually doing shit together for once this season. 5 was much better though, but I think the first ep is just slightly better.

>>86719640
idk dude, are you me?

>>86722564
I like the show, it's one of my favorites but I'm not gonna pretend it's good when it isn't.
>>
>>86725683
yes and no.

Yes a crew of writers gets together and makes the skeleton of the episode, then a writer goes and drafts it.
>>
>>86723669
>saw it coming from a mile away
>jarring
You people are insufferable
>>
>>86726374
glad to see I wasn't the only one to see the oxymoron.

I mean it was an interesting end gag I guess, it was sort of obvious that something bad was going to happen to one or all of them, but I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>86723669
>nature is cruel and uncaring
>jarring
You are what is wrong with society. Animals kill to eat, It is just facts, if you're food sized you're gonna get eaten.

So be thankful the show did the right thing by bringing you back to reality.
>>
>>86706543
Pure coincidence
>>
>>86725933
While 3 is better than 2, the shrink is insufferable. I almost fell asleep when she was rambling because I was so bored.

>friend tells me "LOL ITS SO FUNNY THAT SHE"S TELLING HIM THE TRUTH!"
yeah, every baby can see the "truth" I don't want my time wasted by the tv telling me shit I already know. Yeah, thanks for telling me the show's premise as an English Major would write it.
>>
>>86726580
Oh no, I saw it coming a mile away too. But by definition that made it not jarring at all. At least they put in some help desk bantz
>>
File: 1425853895626.png (168KB, 407x379px) Image search: [Google]
1425853895626.png
168KB, 407x379px
>>86708479

>deconstructing characters

You're on season 3 of an animated show that got popular because of creative world building and mixing outlandish premises with gory/gritty sequences, people actually get hurt and die.

All this "depth" and character examination comes from where exactly? We're supposed to dissect the psyche of Rick from a literal psychologist's office where the author of the episode inserts herself.. this is the same show that features a father that's got the depth and complexity of an even dumber Ned Flanders.

So the show started sniffing its own farts and going 2deep4u.
>>
>>86708447
Ikr? I mean spiders aren't insects
>>
>>86708872

Pickle Rick was actually pretty entertaining except for the therapy bits. The second episode was way shittier. Vindicators was classic Rick and Morty. It has nothing to do with female writers. It's all about Dan Harmon being a fucking crybaby.
>>
>>86727234
P Rick was over the top violent but it had enough scifi tech to keep it okay. Also good callback to leaving his "original" Beth in the Cronenberg Universe. Although that Universe is where Morty is from, Rick might actually be from a different Universe. Supposedly Rick is (C-137) but that can always be revealed to be wrong.

Science fact Cesium Cs-137 is a very common and useful radioactive isotope that is harvested from nuclear reactors.
>>
File: 1478673831130.jpg (63KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1478673831130.jpg
63KB, 640x1136px
Its just more dry and not as creative. People forget that the Mr.Meeseeks were a subplot to the episode when Morty's "safer adventure" goes to shit. Or there is the episode with the Jerry daycare, where the main plot is the ghos-saving.
Only the last episode had something creative like that with the giant Summer, all the other episodes were too stay forward and they spend too much time on one joke, like the Russians in the Pickle Rick episode, or the shitty cheap jokes with the superheroes in ep 4.
Plus the "darkest season ever" just means everything and everyone is a self-hating prick. That isn't really new or interesting either.
>>
>>86727614
Those were Russians? I figured they were South American communists or dictators.
>>
>>86727713
Well they had Russian accent and names. So I guess they were Russians.
>>
>>86727614
So its basically futurama after the sjw dikes rebooted it on comedy central
>>
>>86727892
Its not as weak, I still like it and its entertaining and funny, but it could head that way. The family-drama is just too much, I liked that the episodes had continuity but I could live with Beth, Jerry and Summer simply going back to be funny background characters and nothing else.
>>
>>86720192
There's NO HIDING PLACE DOWN HERE
>>
File: man-drinking-alone.jpg (203KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
man-drinking-alone.jpg
203KB, 425x282px
>>86708479
>jediqueer
>fucking wall of text
>these are the people that share the internet with you
>>
>>86726374
>>86726620
>>86726580
That is, the joke was jarring as fuck, the show is already filled to brim with violence and gory deaths, the ending gag would have worked better if they just left that part out. Plus I think there have been several end gags ending in violence already, the punchline has ran its course in the show.
>>
>>86708479
Why did you screencap your own post jedifag?

i agree tho, rick and morty is family guy tier combined with "i fucking love science"

literally a reddit show for dunning kruger effect people
>>
>>86728251
The end gag is almost always a callback to a lose-end.
>What happened to the tiny tech support? They got eaten.
>DId Buff Summer go back to being skinny? No she beat up more people.
>Didn't a guy get left in the monster orgy? Yes.
>Does Rick really care about Unity? Cockblocked by Beta9
>What happens to heroes who were secretly bad people? Same thing that happens in real life, teach the legend, hide the truth.
>>
>>86728251
nah, if they didn't explain what happened with the tech support people would expect them to show up in future episodes
>>
>>86708479
Holy shit I know this guy. I have him on Facebook. Does anyone want to see the insane SJW shit he posts?
>>
You mean these fictional animated characters designed specifically to work as vehicles for jokes are not consistent in their fictional, often hyperbolic views? This triggers me.
>>
>>86728895
why the fuck
the show has million throwaway one episode characters
>>
>>86728847
I know it is, but the punchline in this one was shit and really tired. It was funny until the supposed punchline and that is just terrible thing for a joke.
Plus only one of them got eaten, your point is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>86729499
write a different and better after credit punchline

What are you gonna do? Something about boy who killed his sister?
>>
>>86729452
and pretty much all of them die on screen
>>
Why was rick mad at jeff trying to kill him yet fine with the girl last epsiode trying the same thing
>>
>>86729938
He already hates Jeff, so it made him even angrier.
>>
>>86717851
That's how some of them look.
>>
>>86729889
>write a different and better after credit punchline
Well I personally found the dialogue between them amusing enough. The eagle taking one of them just didn't add anything in my opinion.
>>86729904
>pretty much
Yeah, except for those that don't. I mean it's not like the show has established a rule that every side character must die or if they don't they must be in future episode. There are sidecharacters, no shit, it's a tv show with interdimensional travelling.
Actually the techsupport popping up in some later episode and then having gruesome death would have probably been funny since it would have been unexpected.
>>
>>86729938
Collapsing star girl sneaked away in shame because she killed her entire crew, with both lovers being mostly her fault.

One of the last things she wants to do is get revenge on Rick. Besides if she shows up again she's going to have a new crew and a new boyfriend.
>>
>>86730269
There's still two techsupport guys alive. Those idiots could show up again and give you a duo-dynamic. But probably not.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>The reason why Rick & Morty and Community sucked going into their 2nd and 3rd seasons
>>
>its a ((((Cuck and Normie)))) thread
>>
>>86729938
Because he cares about Jerry. He is important to Rick.

Yeesh, for all the bitching about not needing a character deconstructed - /tv/ doesn't seem to get Rick AT ALL.
>>
File: 1479912972086.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1479912972086.gif
966KB, 200x150px
>>86709542
>White woman is trying so hard to prove she's antiracist, yet she can't even tell the difference between genuine cultural differences and racism

I thought it was a pretty accurate depiction of a modern white woman and it made me laugh pretty hard desu.
>>
>>86730929
true. modern white women are the most useless demographic but god damn are they pretty
>>
>>86706543
do adults actually watch this?

pathetic
>>
I'm the picklest rick
>>
>>86708479
>deconstructing
There it is again, that epic buzzword for supersmart epic analysts.
>>
>>86730909
>Back to the Future of Dr. Who needs to be deconstructed

>B2F family with loser dad, passive agressive sexually frustrated hot mom, normal teenage girl sister
>DrW Retardis Sanic Screwdriver portal gun
>Deus ecks machinery exactly as planed DocWhoBrown who is way smarter than CompanianMarty who panics until the Doctorb proves he had control of the situation the entire time
wow, I really needed that shit deconstructed into some emotional shit about a father who wants his adult daughter to love and look up to him even though he left Beth C-137 in the Cronenberg Universe (C-137) with uncucked Mr. Crowbar Jerry and Hunger Games Summer.
>>
>>86710869
>IS THAT REALLY IT?
God, you're insufferable.
>>
>>86731485
Thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>86731590
>omg Rick has emotions two he's not as nihilistic as he acts in every episode
>omg divorce and broken families are hard on the members of the family
Deconstructing shit is the most derivative you can possibly be. They have youtube channels where they saw shit in half and say "Look at that!" It is barely a step above "Will it Blend?"

Constructing and skillful action is way better.
>2johnnydep4u dialogue u just didn't understand
how's that divorce working out for you Mr. Jack Sparrow?
>>
>>86725245
> everybody sort of works out their problems
> living divorced and like normal people
> eye patch morty shows up
> battles rick and destroys the family in the process
> rick escapes into another dimension, similar to season 1, spends his time hiding & scheming
> season end
>>
>>86731729
>Deconstructing shit is the most derivative you can possibly be.
Yes. That's why it really says something about the audience that they NEED it, or you get stupid questions like HURRR WHY DO RICK GET MAD AT JERRY BUT NOT GURRLLL?
>>
>>86731729
>Deconstructing shit is the most derivative you can possibly be
The brainlet anthem.
>>
>>86708872
Objectively correct, I would maybe switch 1 and 4. I don't understand the hate for Vindicators 3, it was kino from the start.
>inb4 muh women writers
>>
>>86732218
The lowest IQ human can deconstruct anything. Communists are deconstructing statues in the US right now.

>breaking things down into component parts is hard
>surfing TVTropes for 4 hours and identifying "hey this part of R&M is like that trope" is sublime
>>
>>86715969
>>86716007
>>86716152
>>86717851
free mazion shills
>>
>>86708479

Beth, Jerry, Summer and Morty are all shitty characters that are the main source of family guy tier "humor" and a story driven by any of these characters will be shit no matter what. No one cares about these boring characters and only character worth getting into is Rick because he is the only one that is even remotely imaginative, funny or insightful. The season 3 is objectively the worst one thanks to the new shitty female writers.
>>
>>86708819
switch 2 and 3
>>
>Beth: ugh, teenage girl problems
Just because you're making fun of teen girl drama doesn't make it not shit! Stop putting this in media, nobody fucking cares about tits and periods! They're never ever a good source of entertainment especially in a cartoon with timelines and unvierses and fucking aliens where you'd think you would not come across this low hanging fruit of comedy!
>>
>>86734645
>a cartoon with timelines and unvierses and fucking aliens where you'd think you would not come across this low hanging fruit of comedy!

From the very first episode:
>Rick: There’s ways to get back home Morty, it-it-it’s just gonna be a bit of a hassle. We’re gonna have to go through inter-dimensional customs. So, you’re gonna have to do me a real solid.
>Morty: Uh oh.
>Rick: When we get to customs, I’m gonna need you to take these seeds into the bathroom. And I’m gonna need you to put them way up inside your butthole Morty.
>Morty: In my butt?
>Rick: Put them way up inside there, as far as they can fit.
>Morty: Oh, geez, Rick. I really don’t want to have to do that.
>Rick: Well, somebody’s got to do it, Morty. Th-these seeds aren’t gonna get throught customs unless they’re in somebody’s rectum, Morty.
>Morty: *whimpers*
>Rick: And they’ll fall right out of mine. I’ve done this too many times, Morty. I mean, you’re young. You’ve got your whole life ahead of you, and your anal cavity is still taut, yet malleable. You got to do it for Grandpa, Morty. Y-you’ve got to put these seeds inside your butt.
>Morty: In my butt?
>Rick: Come on, Morty. Please, Morty. You have to do it, Morty.
>Morty: Oh, man.

Oh yes. I can really see how this show gave you the expectation of high-brow wit and humor.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.