[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Valyrian steel disrupts white walker magic, it should disrupt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: darmor.jpg (168KB, 900x698px) Image search: [Google]
darmor.jpg
168KB, 900x698px
If Valyrian steel disrupts white walker magic, it should disrupt white walker spears, right?

So why not make valyrian steel armor and it put it on the dragons, attach it to their claws, etc?
????
>>
Where do you suppose they get all of that Valyrian steel?
>>
>>86706779

Make it, they have dragon glass(and dragons).
>>
>>86707316
The technique is lost with old valyria
>>
>>86707476

Dragon glass still works apparently.
>>
>>86707316
>>86707534
You fuckers realise obsidian is extremely brittle right? You're literally just strapping fucking glass armour onto it
>>
>>86706469
This requires more Valyrian steel than anyone has AND putting complete faith into a dragon not flying off to do what it wants (which they do).
Be hilarious if they strapped all of Westeros' Valyrian steel to Drogon, the world's last dragon, and he flies towards the Night King just to fly past and chill in Old Valyria looking for babes that aren't there.
>>
>>86707602

Embed it into the armor then. Should still work, since they are mining it they apparently can make stuff from it.
>>
>>86706469
good idea
they should just run down to the valyrian steel mine, gather enough to outfit a giant dragon and hand it over to their valyrian steel smiths
>>
>>86709033

>mining steel

go back to california, fag
>>
>>86706469
Valyrian steel is too heavy to put on dragons, they couldn't fly with it
1 pound of Valyrian is something like 17 pounds
>>
>>86709816

Wat.
>>
Why doesn't DnD at this point steal every WoW related plotline/character? They could make Dany's dragons wear armor like Deathwing does in Cataclysm.
>>
>>86710426
Which is heavier: a pound of feathers, or 17 pounds of valyrian steel?
>>
>>86707611
There are dragons all over the Yi Ti.
>>
>>86710758
You mean unmapped shit that can be anything? Not really important, if it even exists anymore, not like they know what is happening in the rest of the world.
Also to clarify I meant like Rheagal would die at some point and they strap up Drogon as a last ditch effort and he just fucks off, somehow sensing that it's a waste of time. I didn't make that clear in my last post.
Where are you getting that info from, that The World book?
>>
>>86710426
One pound of Valerian steel weighs as much as 12 pounds of black iron
>>
File: 1498810071122.jpg (160KB, 839x850px) Image search: [Google]
1498810071122.jpg
160KB, 839x850px
>>86710715
That's right, it's a kilgramme of steel.
Because steel is heavier than valyrian feathers.
>>
>>86706469
>wasting your time doing armor for Drogon when all you need is 10 good men
>>
You are thinking way too much about this my man the show is no longer about that
>>
apparently maesters chains are V steel. maybe they should take their chains and reforge it into more weapons. I think steel armor inlayed with obsidian kinda liek the glass armor from elder scrolls would work for knights. armoring a dragon seems like a waste, the dragons should just avoid the spears. visyeron didn't see that shit coming,
>>
>>86711401

Except with steel the dragon could just fly to night king and rip him apart
>>
>>86711401
...what? Aren't they different links depending on what they study in? They're supposed to be kinda colorful but also heavy as fuck, as a way too literal metaphor for diversified knowledge.
Maesters are important, I'm surprised they let the world know before you sign up to be one that yes, congrats, you're going to get back and neck problems, enjoy asshole.
>>
>>86710711
>Deathwing
>Armor
Mate that was literally an exoskeleton preventing his body from crumbling apart because of all the energy he absorbed over the years. His two fights in Dragon Soul show you what happens when it starts breaking off and all the shit inside him starts coming out
>>
>>86711401
>>86711590

maester's get a V-steel link when they train in magic (or at least learn about magic and demonstrate that they can't do it), and only 1% actually do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sup-uOawuGw
>>
>>86712698
Wow. Remember when this show cared?
>>
no
son
lets walk down the hill with a valryian condom on
>>
>>86712832

You can see where the drop in quality hits, right around exactly when they ran out of book.
>>
>>86709471
He was being ironic because it can't be mined, so he isn't incorrect.
>>
>>86709816
Valyrian steel is incredibly lightweight
>>
File: file.png (8KB, 706x32px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8KB, 706x32px
what should i expect?
>>
>>86713022
regret
>>
>>86713022
you can stop yourself right now
>>
>>86712993
Before, really. Season 1 is so perfect it actually angers me.
After that they CLEARLY got the views HBO wanted. It was a gamble at season 1, but then they had millions. So they needed to stretch. Problem was the source material was already unfinished,
I'm not gonna sperg out. But point is season 1 is so perfect it should be a miniseries, with a recut of S2 to include Blackwater and no D&D shit.
>>
>>86713022
I don't think this is a well written show, its not like lord of the rings, you don't actually need to watch all seasons since the most recent seasons have rendered the previous seasons completely unnecessary.

You might as well jump right in into season 7, the only thing you would miss is some references like when they say "you killed father" / "I won the battle of the bastards", but all of that is irrelevant now, there is no more political power at stake, and there are references like that even in season 1, except all those characters talking about previous wars are currently all dead.

So really, I see no difference between us back in season 1 hearing about "Robert's Rebellion" and not understanding anything about it, and you jumping right in current season and not fully understanding when you hear about "The Battle of The Bastards".

IMO my best advice is to just avoid this show. But you really want to be mainstream normie, just watch this season and the next one and be done with it.
>>
>>86713022
Actually? Are you real?
STOP.
Watch the first season. That's the first book. They cared. They tried. And they nailed it.
Then read the books.
Yes, you'll be disappointed because it isn't finished. But Christ the show is so bad.
Please.
>>
>>86713022
It's honestly not as bad as /tv/ makes it out to be. If you put the contrarianism away for a minute, you're left with a pretty good show. The storylines are great for the most part and the production value is very high.

IMO you can split the show into 2 parts: GRRM-based and non-GRRM based. As you probably know the show is based on the books by George R. R. Martin, but somewhere in season 5-6 they pretty much ran out of books because GRRM writes super slow. The GRRM part is very good and actually contains a lot of the nuances and political games that the series prides itself on. Although you do root for characters, there are no clear good and evil side. It also has some solid characters and action. Lots of boobs at first but they tone down on that after a while. I read the books after I watched the series and I was amazed at how closely they followed the source material at first.

The non-GRRM part is written by the show's writers without source material to draw inspiration from and is a lot more black and white. It still has some great episodes and I personally am so invested in the characters (/ourguy/ Jaime) that I have to see what happens even though the quality has dropped somewhat. It's not horrible though (not nearly scrubs season 9 tier) and some of the best episodes have been later in the series, like Hardhome, or this season's The Spoils of War. Some episodes this season were pretty mediocre but a good season finale can still save it imo.

Overall it's worth a watch. It's not as good as the normies say it is but not nearly as bad as /tv/ pretends it is.
>>
>>86712999
>not that anon
>actually that anon
>>
>>86707664
Still, do you have any idea how long it would take? That assuming it would work and the dragon wouldn't be overencumbered
>>
>>86711040
They're both a kilogramme
>>
>>86716113
No, Steel is heavier than feathers,
>>
Here's an idea.

Jon could have taken a few chunks of obsidian from Dragonstone with him and, I dunno, made some fucking arrowheads out of it and then shot the fucking blue-skinned wizard bitch?

MAYBE HE LOST ALL HIS DRAGONGLASS WHEN HE WAS TELEPORTING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE??
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.