[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he ride with jon? What did he eat past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: benjen.jpg (49KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
benjen.jpg
49KB, 625x350px
Why didn't he ride with jon?

What did he eat past the wall for so long?
>>
Onions
>>
1. His character needed to die
2. Dead bears
>>
He said last season he couldn't pass the wall due to being part WW (the Wall's magic prevented them from passing), and I assume the same reason is why he doesn't need to eat.
>>
There is no time! I must stay here and be killed
>>
He's a half-wight. Wight's don't eat.
>>
Why does he look like cgi
>>
>>86700535
IS this guy the new "STOP INVINCIBLE NEPHEW"?
>>
>>86700450
>benjen
>eat
>>
>THERE'S NO TIME
For what? To get on the horse? There was more than enough time.

Hard to decide if this was the stupidest part of this stupid episode.
>>
Benjen can't get past the Wall because he's been reanimated. The Children of the Forest managed to preserve his humanity, but he's as undead as Wights. He wanted Jon to escape on the horse while he holds off the Wights. Better to go down fighting and dying than remain as a half-deadite.
>>
horses with 2 people on them tire faster, moreso in conditions north of the wall. wights do not get tired.

of course the wall is only about 8 hours away on foot so idk
>>
They forgot about him until the very last second so the director threw him into this scene to close the book on his storyline
>>
File: mfwreeeee.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
mfwreeeee.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
>>86700450
If this guy can't go past the wall without dying again, then why would any zombie they bring back to King's Landing not just die too I wonder
>>
>>86700450
He was already dead, freed from NK control by the Children of the Forest. He helped Bran at the end of last season
>>
Virgin sacrifice
>>
>>86700933

So Gendry was running for 8 hours?
>>
>>86700450
Why is OP a faggot?
Many will ask
Few will know.
>>
>>86701081
who knows, i just ballparked a number
>>
>>86701064

Maybe starks can't become mindless undead like other people. Maybe the nightking is a stark who retains his own mind.
>>
>>86701050
Wights are different from white walkers. Benjen is half white walker.
>>
>>86701135
He literally said the children of the forest stopped the WW magic
>>
>>86701224
No he isn't
>>
>>86701224
>benjen is half white walker

where does this retarded shit come from
>>
>>86701255
hoyesheis
>>
NO TIME
>>
>>86701261
He was stabbed by a white walker and left to turn. Children of the forest found him and stopped the transformation with dragonglass.
>>
>>86701383

nice headcanon
>>
>>86701383
benjen is a wight m8
>>
>>86700450
Why is his face so weir, it looks like CGI.
>>
>>86700450
he cant go past the wall you fucking piece of motherwhoring crap. He knew that there was no way out so rather than hopping on a horse with jon and slow it down, he wanted to give jon more time to escape.
>>
>>86700450

why didnt the night king throw his javelin at the big close stationary dragon with all the living people riding its back instead of the one flying through the air?

why did jon decide he was going to just fuck around for 10 minutes when everyone else was already on the dragon?

why did they not immediately realize if the night king can through a javelin into a flying dragon that they should probably just leave immediately instead of watching jon walk even further away?

why didnt dany seem to place even the tiniest bit of blame on jon for literally just fucking about for 5 minutes allowing one of her dragons to be killed?
>>
there's no time I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>86701081

the ravens lent him their teleporting machine
>>
>>86700450
There wasn't enough time.
And yeah onions.
>>
>>86700704
Two bodies slow the horse down a lot more than one. Inevitable doom as the horde catches up, coupled by his moronic sacrifice to buy a little more time.

As for dumbest part, it was him showing up to begin with. Everything else was pretty good with interactions between characters, or showing just how powerful certain things are to set up the finale. Then you have Jon's plot armour take control, but it still seems semi-believable until this D.E.M. shit and you remember who wrote the episode.
>>
>>86701674
>why didnt the night king throw his javelin at the big close stationary dragon with all the living people riding its back instead of the one flying through the air?
You could argue that the dragon flying posed a larger threat to the Night King's army than the one doing nothing on the ground.

>why did jon decide he was going to just fuck around for 10 minutes when everyone else was already on the dragon?
Because he saw the Night King and wanted to try and kill him.

>why did they not immediately realize if the night king can through a javelin into a flying dragon that they should probably just leave immediately instead of watching jon walk even further away?
They basically did after Jon saw what happened.

>why didnt dany seem to place even the tiniest bit of blame on jon for literally just fucking about for 5 minutes allowing one of her dragons to be killed?
She didn't believe Jon until she saw the Night King's army and she understood that if Jon killed the Night King, shit gets a lot let worse.
>>
The show has become retarded because Americans are morons
>>
>>86701858
>You could argue that the dragon flying posed a larger threat to the Night King's army than the one doing nothing on the ground
And the person capable of controlling the dragons in the first place. This fucking writing.
>>
>>86700869
>benjen cant get past the wall because hes reanimated
Explain the Wight they captured then
>>
louis_ck_gets_the_violet_beauregard_treatment.jpg
>>
File: delet.jpg (57KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
57KB, 600x875px
>>86700640
>>
>>86700933

The horse was undead
>>
>>86702510

Night King really only wanted one dragon. He's tired of riding around on a horse, he's like a million years old, and so is the horse.
>>
>>86702668
was it really?
>>
>>86702785
Pretty sure Benjen's horse in the books is undead. I actually looked at all Benjen scenes to see if he was undead in the show but it's hard to see.
>>
the real answer is that he didn't wasn't to show Jon that he was a wight because he was ashamed of being an abomination and Jon was the person he loved most in the world

/tv/ will ignore this
>>
>>86702886
you are thinking about this on a level i guarantee D&D didn't
>>
>>86700869
but then why did the other eat him? are they cannibals?
>>
>>86702510

the fucking writing though, the only thing worse than the drgaon scene was aryas fucking monologue about shooting arrows
>>
>>86702921
The actor playing Benjen emoted it clearly, even if it was just his idea
>>
>>86702857
is benjen supposed to be coldhands? because coldhands rode an elk
>>
>>86702981
the elk dies in the books and i think he rides an undead horse later on
>>
>>86701261
From shitty writing and the never ending flow of people who are willing to do the shitty writer's job for them and fill in plotholes and bad decisions that any idiot should've caught before they even hit "print" on the script.
>>
>>86702981
>>86703000
this. And if Coldhands isn't Benjen then who the fuck is he? And where's Benjen?
>>
>>86703083
>>86702981
He is. D&D on a recent behind the scenes youtube video on the official GoT channel referred to him as coldhands multiple times.
>>
>>86700535
>There's no time (to explain).

There. You're retarded. Can't even into implications.
>>
>>86700535
>Hits 2 wights
>>
>>86701284
noh
nowtyends
>>
File: alien-2035.jpg (66KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
alien-2035.jpg
66KB, 500x262px
>>86701674
Jon suffers from Ripley syndrome. Literally the whole place is going to blow up, you don't have to kill them.

Literally just leave you can't kill the Night King
>>
heres the answer plebs.

THERES NO TIME to explain to you why i can't come past the wall. I'm undead and my sole purpose in life was to make sure you and bran continue on your paths. Now that I have literally no other reason to live i am going to go out in the blaze of glory rekkin wight fucking shits because dying is better than sitting in this cold shithole for the rest of eternity.
>>
File: 1503361953595.jpg (179KB, 828x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503361953595.jpg
179KB, 828x626px
>>86703720
SHUT YOOOOUR MOUTH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
>>
>I'll hold them off
>*dies in 1 second*
>>
>>86704011
what is this avant garde meme
>>
>>86703720
This is stupid, because when you consider that the NK is consolidating an army to march south and Jon, Bran, the NW and the kingdom at large needs to unify someone with magic deux ex machina powers like Benjen would be really useful and he would know that. Ignoring the fact that he had plenty of time to explain and his horse had previously carried three fully grown adults away from wights, his "blaze of glory" is even more bullshit since he killed maybe two wights at best.
>>
>>86701081
Sounds like he really is the best runner.
>>
>>86700450
oh well you see there wasn't enough time
>>
>>86700599
>doesn't need to eat
>will live forever
>no one will fuck with you

wtf who wouldn't want to be a wight
>>
>>86700704
there was just no time. what do you doltz not understand.

My guess is that benjen doesn't have the time to tell him why he can't go with him MAGIKAL RUNES AND ALL
>>
Because Trump ruined game of thrones.
>>
>>86700450
He couldn't pass the wall and he had fulfilled his purpose by saving Bran and Jon. He probably wanted to die for awhile anyway.

This is the fucking thing you're questioning from that mess of an episode?
>>
How many god damn game of thrones threads do we fucking need? You guys hate so much on the show but never stfu about it.
>>
>>86708526
The finale is next week, threads will peter out soon
>>
>>86700450

>Jon somehow survived getting dragged to the bottom of a frozen lake
>Benjen shows up out of nowhere to save him
>Benjen dies shortly after
>Jon lives

I really hate this Jon character. How much plot armor is actually too much? The finale needs to end with him actually dying and even then I still won't believe it.
>>
File: 1457467095839.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1457467095839.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>86700450
>survives for years beyond the wall
>rides in bitch slapping the dead left and right
>sends Jon off alone for some reason
>readies weapon
>and....
>dies like a bitch immediately
>>
>>86701429
he literally says this to bran in the show
>>
>Make a huge save
>Die immediately
>>
>>86700450
If he was half wight what exactly did the ghouls or revenants or whatever they're called do to him after they rushed him? Kill him?
>>
>tv show never explains why he's undead but has control of his will and not some typical wight
>lol who cares *dies*
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.