[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Box-Office Milestone: 'The Conjuring' Horror Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 10

File: 3272596-conjuring+universe.jpg (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3272596-conjuring+universe.jpg
385KB, 1920x1080px
>Individually, several of the films that make up this New Line horror-verse are among the genre’s top all-time earners at the box office, with The Conjuring 2 ($320.3M) and The Conjuring ($319.4M) coming in second and third, respectively, after The Exorcist, and Annabelle ($257M) at No. 8.

Next up in the New Line series is The Nun, based on the character appearing in The Conjuring 2. That drops into theaters July 13. The studio is also in active development on The Conjuring 3 and The Crooked Man (from a character in The Conjuring 2).

James Wan on the Nun and its director

>Corin is such a monster movie-nut and I just love the guy’s passion. So, I’m very excited for what Corin has done with The Nun, and right now we’re in post-production, putting the film together.”

Reports all over are saying The Conjuring’ Could Become the Biggest Horror Franchise of the Century
>>
James Wan on the Crooked Man

>Wan explains that The Crooked Man is still at the beginning of the development process. “Early stages, kind of like cooking away,” he says. “But we think we have a really exciting story. What we want to do, with The Conjuring universe, is we want each of our little offshoots to have a very different flavor, right? So, for example, Annabelle is the classic sort-of haunted doll subgenre. And with The Crooked Man, I would love to push it more down somewhat of that dark fairytale, and more whimsical, subgenre. I love the idea that, within the Conjuring universe, each of our little movies all have their own flavor, so that way they don’t feel like they’re the same films.”
>>
James Wan on the Conjuring 3

>And what news of The Conjuring 3? “We’ve been working hard on Conjuring 3,” says Wan. “Of course, that is something that I am not neglecting. The Conjuring films are still the mothership and the mothership needs to be strong. [Laughs] The mothership needs to be strong for all these other jet fighters to shoot out of. So, we’re in the midst of working on the script, and still hashing [it] out. We want to make sure that the script is in a really good place. With how much people have loved the first two Conjuring, I don’t want to rush in to the third one if possible.”

Conjuring 3 Producer says it wont be another haunted house

>“There are some [cases] that maybe aren’t as well known, but they spent a fair bit of time researching and were part of [them]. Clearly we can’t do another haunted house movie, right? We can’t do another supernatural possession in a house, with a family in peril. Right? So, it’s got to be something different than that, I think.”
>>
File: maxresdefault (19).jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (19).jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>Wan admits that he is unlikely to direct the third Conjuring film because of other commitments. “I just don’t think it’s realistic with my schedule,” he says. “I’m going to be on Aquaman for a year-and-a-half. I just don’t see that as a reality.”

>Speaking of superheroes, would Wan be up for an Avengers-style team-up in the Conjuring universe? “If I could pull off an Avengers of the Conjuring universe, I would love for that to happen,” he laughs. “We’ll see. It could be
fun.”
>“This year marks the 50th anniversary of the founding of New Line, and without question the horror genre has always been an integral and important part of the company’s DNA,” said Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer of Warner Bros Pictures Group. “While the genre has certainly evolved over the decades, watching the critical and commercial success of the Conjuring universe has been truly spectacular and I am incredibly proud of all the talented people involved in making this happen.”
all sources

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/07/james-wan-annabelle-creation-conjuring-3/

http://screenrant.com/conjuring-3-plot-haunted-house/

http://deadline.com/2017/08/conjuring-universe-annabelle-creation-success-1-billion-1202152181/
>>
Hyped for the nun desu
>>
Not a huge fan of the franchise, but I don't think it's dogshit either.

For the most part they tend to be light on jump scares, which is great, because that shit is cheap bullshit. They're geared more at general spookiness, which I admire.

I'm just personally not into the subject matter of them though. Not for me.
>>
>>86696862
>I'm just personally not into the subject matter of them though. Not for me.
Same here. I tried to watch the first one, but I know too much about the Warrens to take it seriously, and I couldn't finish it.
>>
>>86696862
>>86696972
Literally just turn your brain off
>>
File: 31-bonnie-aarons.w1200.h630.jpg (79KB, 780x409px) Image search: [Google]
31-bonnie-aarons.w1200.h630.jpg
79KB, 780x409px
>>86696489

She's no stranger to kino
>>
>>86697178
kek
>>
Cojuriverse crossover when?
>>
Conjuriverse cross over with DCEU when?
>>
>>86696862
I can't get into the franchise because everything is so by the books. The movies end up being reallly forgettable.
>>
Wish it wasn't all so mediocre
>>
>>86695446

unironically like things James Wan does
>>
I assume people who like these horror movies do so because they've never seen any good horror movies.
They're not bad, per se, but they're wholly unremarkable.
>>
>>86695446
Conjuring 1 and 2 were good, Annabelle was shit, haven't seen the new one.

The Conjuring is one of the few really flexible horror franchises since the it's all about different artifacts and monsters. Saw and Paranormal Activity just do the same shit over and over.
>>
How can they have a Crooked Man spin off? Wasn't it a very specific illusion or whatever you call it that got made by the nun in the Conjuring 2 it wasn't it's own entity.
>>
>And with The Crooked Man, I would love to push it more down somewhat of that dark fairytale, and more whimsical, subgenre
might be gud
>>
>>86697178
It's the same actress? I thought Lynch had just picked some random freak off the streets as he usually does.
>>
>>86701259
Learn to read retard they talked about that
>>
well deserved desu

Conjuring movies will be seen as icons in the future, deal with it fags :)
>>
>>86703994
As icons in how to create a movie franchise, not as icons of good film making.
>>
>>86703151
the nun was actually played by a man, same man that played the witch in the first conjuring

>>86704028
well duh, iconic horror movies were never good to begin with
>>
>>86704028
Not him but stay made. It's almost cute how pathetic it is
>>
>>86704028
First 2 and this latest one were good tho. Fuck off
>>
>>86696489
That thing legit scares the fuck out of me.
>>
>>86696972
Most paranormal cases can easily be disproven if you dig deep enough, horror really is one of those genres where you need to turn your brain off .

Plus the actors do a great job.
>>
>>86695446
This pivot into selling The Conjuring as a cinematic universe is pretty smart. Should be neat.
>>
>>86702686
The new Annabelle was much better than the first.
Conjuring > Annabelle Creation > Conjuring 2 > Annabelle
>>
>>86704068
Agreed. Friday the 13th has aged very poorly.
>>
I watched the first but forgot remind me again what happened
>>
>>86704513
big family move into house, house is haunted by ghost of a witch, mom gets fucked up and possessed
>>
>>86697178
is that julia louis dreyfus?
>>
I hate my parents for bringing me into this world and if I ever meet god I'm going to punch it in the face
>>
The fuck is that thing on the right?
>>
>>86695481
I dont hate the concept for the Crooked Man, he looked pretty cool in Conjuring 2, but he really had no reason to be there at all
>>
>>86695481
i'm so hyped for crooked man lore.
>>
about conjuring and everything retardedly related to that trope:

ghosts are so boring. terrible idea for horror. fucking dull and not creepy at all. i can't be spooked or interested in it in any way, its like asking a retard from 100 years ago a spooky tale , he comes up with nonsense and then they make a movie about it with a kazilion dollars.
>>
Conjuring 1 and 2 are the only good mainstream horror movies since Scream in 96. Didn't care for Annabelle and I haven't seen the new one.
>>
>>86703773
literally never fucking reply to me again you stupid bitch
>>
>>86704800
Technically speaking a lot of the Conjuring movies seem to be more about demons, ghosts are just along for the ride.
>>
>>86704800
>hurrr I can't enjoy something therefore it's dumb
You realize that any supernatural horror moviedo requires you to suspend some disbelief right?
>>
>>86704866
New Annabelle is far better than the first, few too many jumpscares though
>>
>>86704800
You not finding ghosts creepy doesn't make them an inherently bad concept for creepy movies, autist
>>
>>86704906
Back to middle school in the morning. Tell your teacher you need extra help with reading comp
>>
>>86695446
>>86695481
>>86695543
>>86695680
James Wan is based af. Looking forward to pretty much anything he's involved in at this point.
>>
>>86704978
Same.
>>
>>86704921
>few too many jumpscares though

Yikes, the memes are real.. the things you complain about end up becoming the things you want.
>>
>>86704978
Yeah. I watched Death Sentence off the rec of someone on Youtube and honestly thought it was badass.
>>
Conjuring 1/2 are both fine spoopy movies, would be better if they weren't putting money in the Warrens bank account but whatever
>>
>>86705238
>putting money in the Warrens bank account
They were the ones who came up with all the stories, so it's fair enough. Stephen King gets paid when they movies out of his books.
>>
>>86705300

Fair enough, although at least King presents his stuff as fiction and not "THIS TOTALLY HAPPENED EVERYBODY"
>>
>>86705412
I feel like that's more on Hollywood than the people behind these stories, like with how the real haunted Annabelle doll is just a Raggedy Ann doll, not a creepy porcelain doll
>>
>>86705759
>the real haunted Annabelle doll is just a Raggedy Ann doll, not a creepy porcelain doll
That was probably changed due to copyright reasons or something like that.
>>
Why the fuck is every horror movie's villian a demon, ghost, or possesed person now? Where the fuck is the originality? Fuck the Conjuring, fuck Annabelle, fuck The Nun, fuck the Crooked Man, and fuck you.
>>
>>86705963
Because when people make movies about other things (Babadook, It Follows, The VVitch to a lesser extent) people whine that they don't get it and there weren't enough jump scares for them.
>>
>>86705963
Crooked Man stands out decently among all that though
>>
>>86705963
amen. it's played out garbage that's so safe, it doesn't really address anything that makes people ill at ease, something that we collectively repressed . the stuff of nightmare and alienation, misery, flight or fight shit and you can't fucking do anything about any of it. some fucking edge for fucks sake.
>>
>>86705963
The Warrens never "encountered" creatures that weren't demons/ghosts, just a bunch of "possessed" trinkets
>>
>>86706089
but normies liked it... it made mad bux. but the thing is... fuck safe deboned "normie nightmare light" it makes them so comfortable and make useless movies.
>>
>>86705963
No need to get all butthurt defensive over stuff like that.

If you're not a fan of "paranormal horror" you have new Texas Chain Massacre coming out soon, also the new Saw.
>>
>>86705963
Jeepers Creepers 3 to look forward to
>>
>>86706195
the big problem with "paranormal horror" is that since the 70s paranormal psychology got thoroughly debunked . that's why, like, the Exorcist was a social phenomenon back then and people were fucking shaken... today these movies make a lot of cash but really.. nobody really lose their shit over em : doing this trick now is whack, the stakes are so god damn low.
>>
File: 61861681.jpg (195KB, 537x585px) Image search: [Google]
61861681.jpg
195KB, 537x585px
>Le ameriturd HYPE xD
>>
>>86707086
good post
>>
>>86701551

They could just not fuck up the Dark characters, since horror directors are on the rise especially if It becomes a smash next month, I mean they already have Wan and Annabelle's director will go to Shazam.

As for these, the Nun has the most potential of these spinoffs. Crooked Man made me wonder if I had just heard about its wife during the new Blair Witch.

Is the second Ouija movie good?
>>
>>86707234
the second Ouija is way better than the first by all accounts, but I never saw it.
>>
>>86707266
Yeah, it's actually decently creepy.
>>
>>86706195
>new Texas Chain Massacre
Has there ever been a more remade movie? I've completely lost track of remakes, reboots, spin offs, sequels, prequels, and the-real-story-behind's. I think I've fucking hated them all except for the original, and the one where matthew mcconaughey has a robot leg, because its so bad its good.
>>
>>86707748

I don't know is Hellraiser still going?
>>
>>86695680
I don't have anything of substance to add, but I'd just like to thank you for being a good poster.
>>
At the very least these are better than getting a billion Paranormal Activities
>>
>>86695481
that's actually a pretty good AND creepy design
>>
File: profundo basso.png (198KB, 197x461px) Image search: [Google]
profundo basso.png
198KB, 197x461px
>>86707234
i really didn't like the first Ouija but the second one is legitimately good (if you like the new style of Horror films)
>>
>>86695481
when will the Conjuriverse take on the 80s slasher genre
>>
File: 538727382.jpg (38KB, 460x612px) Image search: [Google]
538727382.jpg
38KB, 460x612px
>>
WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE REEEEEEE FUCK NORMIES
>>
>>86695446
Its too bad they are so hit and miss

Conjuring 1 and 2 are horror kino, even if terribly cliche they are done real well

the Annabelle movies are shit, they need to knock it off with her
>>
I can't believe people like fucking Annabelle Creation, jesus christ.

I love the conjuring movies though.
>>
>>86703151
>>86704068
I always used to think the hobo was actually also played by Patrick Fischler (the guy who had the dream and fainted) as some kind of subconscious fuckery. But no, it's an actress called Bonnie Aaron who also plays the Nun.
>>
>>86708653
I think people like it more so in comparison to just how shit the first one was
>>
Of all the cinematic universes to be successful, I'm amazed this one beat out so many others.
>>
>>86703151
>>86704068
>>86708743

http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/mulholland-drives-evil-hobo-breaks-her-silencio.html

>Did David instruct you to do different expressions on different takes?
>Oh, no. He had an idea of what he wanted. David was going over the facial expressions. I did a couple, and he’s sitting there with me, and he says, “No. Nothing like that at all.” And, ya know, David Lynch is really hot, and I’m looking at him all dreamy-eyed, and he says to me, “That’s it: the look, Bonnie!” So I get up and I do it behind the dumpster, and David says, “No, do what you did before.” And I said, “Well, it’s really easy when I do it with you, David.” So guess what? He did it with me. He stuck his head [out], and I came out and looked at him. So when I put out my head, I saw his face.

>So the bum was giving sex eyes?
>Love can kill, can’t it, baby?

Based
>>
>>86695481
So wait, the crooked man was not the nun or the old man in disguise? that seems like out of nowhere.
>>
>>86705840
If it was ever copyrighted its public domain by now.
>>
>>86708884
It was just a thing the nun was fucking with the family with, but they're making a movie out of the lore behind that form I guess?
>>
>>86708826
Amazing
>>
>>86707748
the second one is pure kino
it's the only real sequel to the first directed by the same director
>>
>>86707748
Theres really not that many
Theres 1, 2, 3 4, then the remake, then the prequel, then a sequel to the remake, and now the new ones coming out.
>>
>>86709173
>Not that many
That's quite a few. Easily the most offshoots of any series I can think of besides Spider-Man and star wars
>>
File: 1489208974402.gif (3MB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489208974402.gif
3MB, 320x352px
>>86704239
>annabelle creation better than conjuring 2
no
>>
>>86708300
That is a fine piece of ass
>>
>>86695481
This is a cool idea. I'd watch it
>>
>>86706194
Learn how to type coherently
>>
>>86708618
Second was good, fuck off
>>
>>86709005
>>86708884

The demons can use other entities like ghosts or whatever to further their purpose. Sometimes against its will. The crooked man could very well be it's own evil being that the nun just used.

Same way the ghost/witch from the first conjuring was in the rocking chair with annabelle, who we know is a separate demon all together. They can cross paths and haunt the same person
>>
>>86709173
8 is a lot moron
>>
>>86695481
The design and the character were top notch for this thing, too bad they will probably ruin everything with a mediocre horror movie.
>>
>>86702780
Just turn your brian off silly.
>>
>tfw watching Annabelle Creation
>tfw it's so fucking stupid
>tfw people on the cam rip audio are laughing at every stupid "scary" part with me
>>
>>86695481
that artwork is fucking kino.
>>
>>86705963
BYE BYE MAN
>>
>>86712015
LA LA LAND
>>
>>86711694
>>tfw people on the cam rip audio are laughing at every stupid "scary" part with me

>tfw they're literally clapping at the end
>>
Remember when they ripped off Butcherface but ruined it by changing the killer to look like the lead singer of a black metal band?
>>
>>86695446
>Reports all over are saying The Conjuring’ Could Become the Biggest Horror Franchise of the Century
This is like saying mcdonalds is the biggest fast food franchise and therefore it's not reprehensible. But it is reprehensible and so are these movies.
>>
>>86706252
thats made by a sick pedo and its been pushed back for years.
>>
File: its_not_a_dog.jpg (121KB, 1257x526px) Image search: [Google]
its_not_a_dog.jpg
121KB, 1257x526px
>>86705963
When I was young I saw 1984's "The Thing", the dog kennel alien morphing scene was genuinely the most terrifying shit I had ever seen.

That shit fucked me up as a kid. The sounds those dogs made, and the gore, what the fuck. Terror at its finest.
>>
>>86714364
I thought he was caught with a 16 year old which is what got him into trouble
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.