[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>86691568 >because instead of asking 'hey why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: onlygodforgivesbg1.jpg (595KB, 700x1067px) Image search: [Google]
onlygodforgivesbg1.jpg
595KB, 700x1067px
>>86691568
>because instead of asking 'hey why is this good' or 'what is this about' they say things like 'it's just a screensaver'

Bullshit. I've asked people to explain why Only God Forgives is good and they have never been able to explain why. They just try and meme their way out of it.

Why is Only God Forgives good?
>>
>>86694827
I'm surprised I have seen many people on /tv/ like Drive and OGF, it's not contrarian and both movies are boring and feel like 3deep5you movies
>>
>>86695080
Don't get me wrong, I actually really like Drive. The soundtrack is great, the plot is tightly paced and easy to follow, and the cinematography is amazing. I just don't feel the same way about Only God Forgives.
>>
>>86695080
Oh, though I should point out that you probably just explained why /tv/ likes OGF, because it is in fact contrarian. Drive is critically acclaimed but OGF is not.
>>
>>86695274
stop using memewords like contrarian
some of the best movies ever made are trashed by imdb and rotten tomatoes. and yes, ogf is a good film.
>>
>>86695358
Then explain why, please.
>>
>>86695426
because I watched it and I liked it. I can't change your opinion on it
>>
>>86695544
I just want to know WHY you liked it. I'm not one of those posters that will shit on you for having a different opinion from me. I'm looking to understand your opinion.
>>
File: pissedo.gif (3MB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
pissedo.gif
3MB, 158x158px
people who like OGF are too dumb to articulate what they find enjoyable
>>
*ahem*
>>
*AHEM*
>>
>>86694827

Wanna fight?
>>
>>86694827
The story is genuinely really interesting and well told. The atmosphere is incredible, and you've got a slew of morally ambiguous characters all with believable, complex motivations.
It's not "realistic", but it's substantial. So while the characters don't act in a realistic manner, they act in a reasonable manner. They each feel like independent people trying to act in the way that seems best for them, as opposed to just acting in a way that the plot necessitates.

The pacing is incredible. It really brings you from one beat to the next without feeling like its overstayed its welcome or alternatively, like it's rushing. And by the end, you've been teased so much that the violence is an almost perfect finale.

That it looks and sounds incredible obviously helps a lot too.
It's not by any means a perfect film; but it's damn good and severely underrated/misunderstood
>>
>>86701132
Thank you for putting so much effort into your explanation, I appreciate it. I think a problem for me was that when Julian picked up the sword, I was expecting Julian and Chang to have a swordfight at the end, but they didn't so I was kind of disappointed.
>>
>>86694827
Are you autistic? Once the thread gets archived it's dead, the discussion dies there and you make a NEW thread with a new discussion. Is this your first week ln 4chan?
>>
>>86694827

I don't really have an answer. It just kind of overwhelmed me. I don't do drugs, but I imagine that's what its like to be high.
>>
>>86694827
For whatever reason I've always liked this one. Ever since it came out. Never had to or tried to 'get it' because there's nothing to 'get'. I can totally see why people hate it and say it's boring. I guess I like the slow burn kind of feel it provides.
>>
>>86694827
Its not. And im saying this as person who likes refn films
>>
>>86694827
the reasons that you hate OGF are the reasons why I love it

you can hate it all you want, but that doesn't make it "bad," and I can love it all I want, but that doesn't make it "good"

opinions on film are subjective, what I love in film is what you hate. neither of us are wrong
>>
>>86702974
That's bullshit, you can create threads about whatever you want.
>>
>>86705787
That's all true, but it doesn't stop people (including film critics) from speaking as if their opinions are objective. People are annoying and I want to punch them all.
>>
Hello
>>
one of the best of the decade provided you know something about 70s cinema
>>
>>86707988
Such as? What should I know? Educate us.
>>
>>86694827
it's Refn's best film, besidesi Pusher.
Drive is good, but it's pleb tier at this point.
>>
>>86707988
I know about 70's cinema and it's not "one of the best of the decade."

In fact, the 70's had a better movie: The Yakuza.

It even has a similar ending.
>>
>>86708061
>something becomes "pleb tier" just because it's popular
Top haha. You can call people plebs for only understanding the film on a surface level but that does not in any way devalue the film.
>>
>>86708130
it's literally a meme movie now.
so yes, it has devalued the film.
>>
>>86708236
So? Do you stop eating food just because lots of other people eat food?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.