[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /tv/'s opinion of this book/movie? I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: kino or ki-no.jpg (640KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
kino or ki-no.jpg
640KB, 638x638px
what's /tv/'s opinion of this book/movie? I thought it was really damn good. The acting and writing was top tier.
>>
two jews fuck Hermione
>>
>>86667687

haven't seen all of movie or read the book. only seen vid clips of logan's scenes and i love that scene when cute gay guy kisses logan. i wish logan lerman was my best friend.
>>
>>86668191
this makes me sad
>>
>>86667687
Only time where Watson showed some acting abilities, the movie is quite good actually, never read the book though.
>>
>>86667712
who are the jews in that? seriously asking
>>
>>86668400
>4chan, the movie
kek
>>
>>86668393
The 2 main male actors.
>>
kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VuHvoaqOY
>>
>>86668400
Holy shit muh dick
Source please
>>
>>86668616
berpl
>>
>>86668303

which part of post makes you sad? and why?
>>
>>86668729
"I wish logan lerman was my best friend"
this sentence saddens me, even if I don't have a definitive reason as to why that is. It just makes me feel sad.
>>
>>86668802

i thought that was the part. it makes me sad, too, that he's not my best friend. ;_;
>>
>>86668638
Did anybody see that webm? Please sauce me
>>
>>86667687
>DUDE DAVID BOWIE LMAO

Bland Retarded packaged shit for teens.
>>
Abysmal garbage that more or less is a ripoff of Catcher in the Rye which in and of itself is insufferable.
>>
>>86669366
>Catcher in the Rye
Is that really a good comparison?
>>
>>86669461
I would say so, yes. You can tell that book is this author's favorite.
>>
>>86669366
>like catcher in the rye
don't see any real resemblance besides the characters both being in school, really. Have you even read the Perks of Being a Wallflower in book form?
>>
>>86667687
Literally "Beta: The Movie"
>>
File: prk.png (147KB, 710x388px) Image search: [Google]
prk.png
147KB, 710x388px
>no qt bf w/ cute gold butt
>>
>>86667687
I don't read.
>>
>>86667687
the book was cool when I was like pre-pubescent lol
>>
>>86670716

I LOVE YOU LOGAN LERMAN <3 <3 <3
I LOVE YOU EZRA MILLER <3 <3 <3
I LOVE YOU DOUGLAS BOOTH <3 <3 <3
I LOVE YOU NOLAN GROSS <3 <3 <3
>>
>>86670796
>>86669366
>>86669461
>>86669642
>>86667687

shouldn't school reading lists be based on bestseller list today instead of bestseller list from decades ago?
>>
>>86667687
It was decent-good. The mc's acting was rather wooden.
>>
>>86671231
It's not about bestsellers. It's about choosing stories that hopefully get the students to critically think about the world around them, as well as exemplifying good writing standards, characterization, etc. Gets obnoxious when you have fuckers who swear Shakespeare stories are the best stories of the english language forever nothing else comes close.
>>
>>86671352
>Gets obnoxious when you have fuckers who swear Shakespeare stories are the best stories of the english language

I mean, they kind of are. Only guys like Joyce and Milton can match Shakespeare in terms of quality.
>>
>>86671352
>>86671514

WHY YOU SAY SHAKESPEARE QUALITY BEST ENGLISH LANGUAGE SHAKESPEARE NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH GOOD
>>
>>86671289
>acts like normal person
>not over-the-top dramaqueen acting
>wooden

proof that william shatner posts in /tv/. hi, william shatner.
>>
>>86671231
What the fuck inspired this question? Something in the film? A comparison was made between Catcher in the Rye and this book. At no point were bestseller books mentioned.

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/?mcubz=3

Also, see the best seller list now and determine whether it should the basis of any school reading list, including such surely timeless classics as the novelization of Nolan's Dunkirk. Oh, and it's nice to see Frankin titling his book "Giant of the Senate," despite being 50 in seniority, and only authoring four bills of somewhat minor importance.
>>
>>86671514
The ones I the ones I've met they seem to imply that nothing contemporary could possibly be written and be of any value so long as those Shakespeare stories continue to exist which is just a falsehood.
>>
>>86671514
>Joyce
Not for children. Only adults of their own free will should subject themselves to that rubbish.
>Milton
Extremely remote subjects and even more difficult than Shakespeare.
>>
>>86671715
>Joyce
>rubbish
What are your favorite authors, anon?
>>
>>86672490
Johnson and Addison, though I really only exclusively read the former regularly, though it's enough for me. I wouldn't consider myself well-read, but I know postmodernist, or modernist dribble when I read it.

>He kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump, on each plump melonous hemisphere, in their mellow yellow furrow, with obscure prolonged provocative melonsmellonous osculation.
The visible signs of postsatisfaction?
A silent contemplation: a tentative velation: a gradual abasement: a solicitous aversion: a proximate erection.
Truly, nothing short of poetry.
>>
>>86668525
Ezra's character doesn't
>>
>>86672651
There's literally nothing wrong with modernism or po-mo, though. They both advanced narrative and language in pretty big ways.

But props for liking Addison.
>>
>>86672774
>They both advanced narrative and language in pretty big ways.
I suppose it's ambiguous as to whether this statement is accurate, as a movement into degeneracy, incoherence, and formlessness is a movement in a direction, so it's an advancement, but more like a retreat in the sense that's a total regression for expression, so I will agree with your statement with that qualification.
>>
>>86672873
I mean, the shift toward progressiveness probably would've happened without the conception of post-structuralism.

And even then, po-mo still gave us gems like Pynchon and Gaddis, and influenced guys like Cortázar and Calvino, so downplaying its worth because of your own political ideology is silly.

Don Quixote was arguably the first po-mo novel btw. Borges, too, employed many po-mo techniques.
>>
>>86667687
You have to be a complete dishonest pleb to like this film, genuine shit. Fuck the seppos who spread this wank.
>>
I loved the book and the movie!
>>
>protagonist is supposed to be a loser
>has multiple friends and two gfs to choose from, one of them being literally the most wanted qt in the world

When will we get an actual realistic, full on bleak representation of the high school experience?

No ridiculous character development with him somehow getting the hottest girl in the school and suddenly becoming the "cool" kid with a bunch of friends.
Just a character study of an isolated high school loner struggling through everyday social interactions, is it too much to ask?
>>
>>86673037
>the shift toward progressiveness probably would've happened without the conception of post-structuralism.
And? Progressiveness in what regard? All change can be characterized as progressiveness, or characterized as regressiveness when it's actually moving backwards in refinement, even if the results are novel, like producing painting less advanced than what was scribbled on walls in the dark tens of thousands of years ago. That's what I consider progressive writing (sometimes) the equivalent of, only Joyce at least clearly had access to a Thesaurus, so it's like a word salad with a basic plot filled with sesquipedalian loquaciousness.
>po-mo still gave us gems like Pynchon and Gaddis, and influenced guys like Cortázar and Calvino,
Pynchon is trash, and I haven't read the rest.
>so downplaying its worth because of your own political ideology is silly.
That wasn't even remotely what I was doing and I challenge to find anything I said that suggested that. Because I used /pol/'s buzzword of degeneracy, as that couldn't possibly be a subject of art? My basis of disliking postmodernism is reading passages like what I posted above, feeling disgusted, seeing if I can formulate reasons for my disgust, seeing of the defenses of this sort of writing can justify it, seeing that they cannot, and then solidifying my opinion.
>Don Quixote was arguably the first po-mo novel btw.
A very silly standard of post modernism at that.
>>
kinda cringy and total neckbeard fantasy
>>
>>86673347
this

if a kid acted like the lead in the movie he wouldnt make friends with seniors that fast lol
>>
>>86673347
normies wouldn't watch it
>>
>>86673347
What's the point of a bleak movie that is just miserable and doesn't have a single happy thing on it?
This is why actual autists never get movies made, movies are an interplay of happiness and sadness, a movie that's only sad will only attract sentimental masochists.
>>
>>86673733
You can put situational humor in it through interactions, just like Manchester by the Sea had some genuinely funny situational humor inbetween all the heavy drama.
A movie doesn't have to have a big lifechanging happy ending in order to be good.
>>
>>86673347
It wouldn't be marketable, dumb loser.
>>
>>86674072
How is Paterson, a film about a literal bus driver and his everyday completely normal life marketable?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.