[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ned executed an innocent watcher who just escaped from white

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ned-stark_640x480_71443426196.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ned-stark_640x480_71443426196.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>Ned executed an innocent watcher who just escaped from white walkers
So honourable! my nigga Ned!

>Danny killed 2 enemies on the battlefield after giving them a chance
Mad queen! Feminist bitch!!
>>
>>86664819
anon stop! think of the narrative we're cultivating here
>>
File: Jorah_Mormont-Iain_Glen.jpg (17KB, 220x287px) Image search: [Google]
Jorah_Mormont-Iain_Glen.jpg
17KB, 220x287px
>>86664819
OP, A WORD. NOW.

BRING YOUR BLADE.

YOU'LL NEED IT.
>>
>innocent
>>
it's hilarious that white male autism is so blatant nowadays
>>
>>86664819
He killed someone who abandoned the wall. That's the punishment for doing so, and he honored it.
>>
>>86665356
This isn't blatant autism at all, this is tryhard false autism. Clearly desertion is the crime for which the man was beheaded. Ned said so, it was in the dialogue. Autists would have gotten that right.
>>
>>86664819
>a man who holds honor above all else killing a dishonorable oathbreaker
>queen killing two people because they won't give up their loyalty to join her
Not saying she was wrong but it's not even the same
>>
>>86664819
>Ned executed an innocent watcher who just escaped from white walkers
He was a deserter. Also nobody would believe him about fucking white walkers.
>>
>>86665419
>honestly I'm just threatened by empowered female and minority chracters :( white males aren't needed anymore and I'm so insecure

alright
>>
>>86665398

Meanwhile, people leave the wall all the time now. Sam has a 'child' everyone thinks is his despite vows of chastity. Etc.
>>
>>86665608
Sam was ordered to leave for Oldtown to become a maester, he didn't forsake his vows and desert the Watch. There is a genuine difference here, and it's not even subtle. There's even a major difference between leaving the Wall for a night to go whoring and deserting it entirely.
>>
>>86665608
Wow, it's almost as if the game of thrones and the unending warfare and invasion by a foreign country is causing the collapse of Westeros. This is pretty worrying, they won't be able to defend themselves against the white walkers. You would think a character would mention that once or twice.
>>
>>86664819

I want pol to leave
>>
>>86664819
It's almost like situations and stakes are massively different. Ned was upholding long standing law to keep order and protect the realm. Dany is showing everyone she is incapable of mercy or understanding.

There's a reason the rules of war don't let you execute prisoners on a whim. Yet military code of conduct can uphold the execution of a deserter.
>>
Ned was following the law and in his defense, NO ONE knew that the guy was the truth. No one.

As for Danny, there is the fact that Tyrion and Varys are BOTH fully aware of the public relations angle of Danny's invasion and the fact that Danny's two chief allies left standing are a horde of eunuch that live solely to be hired killers and a barbarian horde that specializes in rape and murder. Not to mention the fact that her father was notorious for burning people alive and that the ignorant masses would sooner live with Cersei in charge, since Cersei is the devil they know and the above PLUS Danny's recent "Bend the knee or die" kick invalidates anything good she may claim to want to accomplish from the Iron Throne. Especially since, to do anything, she'll need the noble class intact to be her middle men.

Killing the Tarleys was like Ramsey skinning the last of the Iron Born in the North alive after getting them to surrender via Theon. It's a defining moment that they will NEVER escape; in Ramsey's case, it ensures that any army he fights will fight to the death and never surrender, because Ramsey will consign them to a fate worse than death (skinned alive) if they give up.

For Danny, she's proven to the nobles that she's just as batshit insane blood thirsty as her dad, in that you either bend the knee and be her slave vassel, or die horribly. Hence why Tyrion desperately wanted to put the Tarleys in a cell; hoping they would come to the former conclusion rather than accept the later to set an example for all further nobles to chose death on the battlefield over submission by threat of a horrifc death.
>>
>>86665943
>removing leaders of enemy combatants who outright stated they will fight her to the end, killed and looted her Tyrell allies isn't protecting her realm

why are white males so retarded?
>>
laws were a little weird in the medieval world. Desertion and poaching were big fucking deals that got you executed or worse but if you murdered a dude you could just shell out some weregeld to their family and be done with it.
>>
>>86664819
To be honest, even as a Ned fanboy I admit that the killing of that watcher wasn't neccesary
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.