[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first season of a new, mysterious show >amazing characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: carnivale.jpg (329KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
carnivale.jpg
329KB, 1024x768px
>first season of a new, mysterious show
>amazing characters and setting
>establishes mysteries and subtle paranormal goings on
>second season focuses too much on answering questions, but is still pretty good
>end on a cliffhanger

Why does Twin Peaks get a new season but its kinoclone Carnivale gets nothing? Will we ever get new stuff?
>>
>>86663171
they are pretty similar huh

still never ever
>>
>>86663171
pls respond someone else must have watched it
>>
>>86664186
my brother introduced me to this show, back when I was having women troubles and i instantly loved it. the second season i feel spends too much on the love triangle and also the lead writer i believe left to go start battlestar galagtica. but i still love it. it fills the the trifecta of early 00s HBO, dare i say kino, along with deadwood and rome that for awhile filled a hole in my life
>>
>>86664186
It's great and the theme music is one of my favorites. They will never finish it, though.
>>
>>86663171
I watched like a million years ago when it premiered, I can't remember it complete now, only pieces here and there and the main plot. I love it, but by now I have lost any hope that it will be more.
>>
>>86664186
I haven't
Should I
>>
>>86664455
I should add that I only kinda liked TP. It's too much soap opera not enough spook.
>>
Twin Peaks season 1 is better than Carnivale season 1

But Carnivale season 2, despite being extremely rushed, is far better than Twin Peaks season 2. Carnivale is honestly the better show. But the reason that they can't do a Carnivale season 3 is because the main protagonist became an alcoholic and fucking horrible person that no one can work with, which is such a shame because Clancy Brown is still at the top of his game and he definitely deserves his own show
>>
I think it was the first HBO TV show I watched back then, must have been around 14, and it got me into television series in general, good times, I still feel bad about its cancellation, that and Rome.

If I recall correctly this was the article where the creator talked about the ideas he had for season 3 and all, correct me if I'm wrong:
http://www.avclub.com/article/daniel-knauf-tells-us-his-plan-for-the-end-of-icar-92877
>>
File: 1200.jpg (47KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
47KB, 1200x675px
I really liked this show. It had great atmosphere.
>tfw watching the ending to "Pick a Number"
>>
>>86664455
Yes

carnivale is very biblical and more entrenched in a single theme than TP though
>>
>>86663171

Hopefully Michael J. Anderson won't go full retard and call Daniel Knauf a pedophile.
>>
>>86664515
Clancy Brown is so fucking good in Carnivàle. In retrospect, he deserved a better opposite than Nick Stahl, who is rather mediocre in comparison.
>>
File: 1502914719196.gif (719KB, 293x182px) Image search: [Google]
1502914719196.gif
719KB, 293x182px
>>86664663
>tfw watching the ending of black blizzard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQ-eZqnVe0
>>
File: 1503108209361.gif (933KB, 343x284px) Image search: [Google]
1503108209361.gif
933KB, 343x284px
>brother justin is Mr. Krabs
>brother justin is neo cortex
>>
>>86664729

Did Sophie have a rape fetish?
>>
>>86664806
>watch mom get raped into a super-coma
>develop fetish

I don't think so
>>
favorite character everyone

it is lodz for me
>>
>HBO cancels it because it was too expensive to produce
>some time later, Marvel comics tells Knauf they'll give him money to finish the story in a series of comics
>HBO says no way they're giving up the rights
>but won't do anything with them either
>mfw
>mfw no face

If you need some sort of closure, you can read Knauf's very general outline of what he had planned for the rest of the series, up to its very ending, here: http://www.avclub.com/article/daniel-knauf-tells-us-his-plan-for-the-end-of-icar-92877

>>86664867
Based Jonesy
>>
>>86664867
stumpy
>>
the main story seemed pretty retarded the longer it went on. otherwise good show. one of the best intros
>>
>>86665000
it's one of the few shows where I never skipped it

instead I waved my arms around like mecha shiva because it's spooky eastern music and I'm an autist
>>
>>86664917
i remember this, but i thought it was Vertigo Comics that wanted to do it.
>>
>>86664186
Sry sun we have nut
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.