[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bar none the best film i've see this decade i know that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 25

File: c16e8e193e27b14d684f5383a105e748.jpg (709KB, 899x1289px) Image search: [Google]
c16e8e193e27b14d684f5383a105e748.jpg
709KB, 899x1289px
bar none the best film i've see this decade

i know that hyperbolic af with examples such as drive and the social network among plenty others to fight for the throne.

but.

it takes the concept of the recent steve jobs movie (3 key points in a persons life)

but it

>is shot almost flawlessly
>has the cinematic grounds of a classic
>covers brutal themes without hitting you over the head
>has next level acting without making that a focus
>feels like italian neo realism butt fucked (no pun) NWR or Malick
>leaves you with both questions and answers in an unconventional yet heartbreaking ending
>tricked me into believing Miami was LA - which means the location is in itself a character, not just a backdrop, which in turn adds to the brilliance and motifs
>made me cry
>made me laugh
>shocked me
>and tied it all into one little bundle that blew me the fuck away.

I'll get into themes and motifs at a later date but in short this movie ripped my soul out of my chest, spat on it, and threw it to the curb. It's been a long time since that happened, and we've had a plethora of amazing films this decade.
>>
gay niggas LMAO
>>
>you're the only man who's ever touched me
>>
The third part elevated this movie from 6/10 to 9/10
>>
>>86630447
I liked it too.
>>
I've been meaning to re-watch it recently but I don't think I can handle the feels rn ;_;
>>
>>86630447
i agree OP

I kinda had to be forced to sit down for this movie because i thought it was gonna be some dumb gaynigger shit but it definitely affected me

Not sure I would put it at my #1, but it's top 10 in last decade for me.
>>
>>86630447
>>is shot almost flawlessly
Its cinematography is piss poor and feels like a sad attempt at being creative.
>>has the cinematic grounds of a classic
It'll be remembered because of the current SJW culture not because it's particularly good.
>>covers brutal themes without hitting you over the head
Homosexuality is soooo complex. I want to be a gay but also I don't?
>>has next level acting without making that a focus
No one performance impressed me but as a whole it's well acted
>>feels like italian neo realism butt fucked (no pun) NWR or Malick
A glibe facsimile
>>leaves you with both questions and answers in an unconventional yet heartbreaking ending
Standard our story doesn't have an ending so we're just gonna end it here ending.
>>tricked me into believing Miami was LA - which means the location is in itself a character, not just a backdrop, which in turn adds to the brilliance and motifs
Locations are hardly ever characters and saying they're characters shows how plebby you are.
>>made me cry
Not Once
>>made me laugh
Maybe Once
>>shocked me
Nope
>>and tied it all into one little bundle that blew me the fuck away.
It's a fairly standard drama film that got overrated by people who think it's somehow super deep and artsy. Tangerine is a similar film that actually does nearly everything you claim this film toes.
>>
>>86630802
>Tangerine
ENOUGH WITH THE MICHAEL CAINE MEMES.
>>
File: Happy Together.jpg (122KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Together.jpg
122KB, 980x551px
DUDE WONG KAR WAI RIPOFF LMAO
>>
>>86630447
It's a typical tryhard drama oscarbait. The only distinguishing feature is that it's about gay niggers from outer space, which is the actual reason it got any recognition at all.
>>
>>86631185
It's not "about" that. It's about an outcast searching for his identity.
>>
>>86630802
pretty much
>>
>>86631388
>It's about an outcast searching for his identity.
Yeah his identity as a gay nigger from outer space.
>>
>>86631430
That's not funny.
>>
>>86630447
Alright op since you and several anons all watched and praised it I will check it out
No one or anon I cared about watched it and I heard only complaints about Oscar about it if anything
>>
>>86631494
Hope you enjoy it. One thing OP didn't mention is that it has a really good soundtrack.
>>
>>86631430
>>86631185
Wait, what? Was he from outer space? Did I miss that or are you fucking with me?
>>
>>86631534
The part at the end where his car lifted up and flew out of the atmosphere was a little subtle, to be fair.
>>
File: 1496393508343.jpg (28KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
1496393508343.jpg
28KB, 300x279px
>A better film would show us rather than tell us. This is bathos.Moonlight’sbest moments come in Little’s reaction to Juan’s affection, but later scenes of Chiron’s erotic confusion and Black’s maudlin self-pity (he wears muscular drag yet succumbs to weakness) insist that viewers feel sorry for black gay males. It’s nothing more than the vivisection of a political demographic.
>>
>>86632485
Armond White is an idiot who pulls out a thesaurus and writes a review for a completely different movie.
>>
>>86630447
The only excuse you have for writing something this awful is if you're not old enough to post here.
>>
This is the kind of movie that made me think "ok, what exactly was the point of this movie" when I finished it. It's just some random scenes from a gay nigger's life. I might just film random shots of a house being built and call it a movie.
>>
>>86630447
but
>was boring af
>>
>>86632745
>I might just film random shots of a house being built and call it a movie.
And your name would be Terrence Malick.
>>
>>86632669
>person puts thought into post
>some idiot writes a short quippy post calling them underage, pleb, from "that place", etc.
Every time.

Post your top five films if you want to have a discussion, otherwise get out.
>>
>>86632906
>>86631185
"Oscarbait" is pretty much one of the dumbest terms film critics have come up with, up there with "mansplaining."
>>
>>86630447
Watch more film its a 6/10
>>
Now that's a gay nigger worth tvs love
>>
>>86633403
>it's Oscarbait because it won an Oscar
Do you realize how stupid this sounds? It means you can't talk about a single Oscar-nominated movie without it being called Oscar bait.
>>
Delicious.
>>
File: Gay.jpg (17KB, 198x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gay.jpg
17KB, 198x311px
The ending was genuinely beautiful even if you don't like cocks. And it sucks that people will think you're baiting if you say you like this better than La La Land because this was a great movie and La La Land was garbage.

Neither was the best movie of the year, tho.
>>
>>86634254
I actually liked La La Land more than Moonlight, though I liked both movies.

What would you say was the best movie of the year?
>>
>>86631459
Maybe not for a gay nigger such as yourself
>>86631534
Watch it yourself dumbshit. It's all a subtle homage to the cult classic
>>
>>86633500
No, it was specifically created to get the most awards with least effort
>muh strong emotional scenes
>muh character drama
>muh social hardships
It's cookie cutter crap. It's just as lifeless and paint by numbers as capeshit. The only reason you feel it's different is because arrogant dunning kruger redditors like you are the fucking target audience.
>>
>>86630802
Thank you for shitting all over this movie before I had a chance to. Moonlight was a tepid bore that didn't tell an interesting story but insisted it was. I could only say that the music was pretty good but the movie beyond that was worthless.
>That scene where he looks like he's going to rob somebody and they instantly cut to the next scene as it's getting interesting
That was absolutely cheap.
>>
>>86634522
Yea, ""clever"" shit like that is what fucking defines oscarbait. It's all so ARTSY and DEEP and SUBVERTS EXPECTATIONS LMAO
>>
>>86634521
Okay, what's an Oscar-winning film that ISN'T Oscar bait, then?
>>
>>86634608
The last movie to win Best Picture which actually deserved it was No Country for Old Men
>>
>>86634652
Damn, that was like ten years ago. Are you sure it's not just, you know, your opinion?
>>
>>86634608
Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>86634678
let's look at the wonderful movies that won since
>The King's Speech
>Slumdog Millionaire
>Moonlight
>The Artist
>Argo
>12 Months a Slave
Not one of those movies have stood the test of time
>>
>>86634678
>le hidden le dude quote
I already had a suspicion I was debating a redditor
>how can you be so sure
It's common sense, really. Of course that once people figure out tricks to game the system to receive awards, said awards will mostly go to films that exploit those tricks.
>>
>>86634712
Ben Affleck is the single greatest actor/director/producer in the last 60 years of film. His non-stop stream of smart and emotionally provocative films prove this. The Town? Classic. Argo? Classic. This man oozes genius out the ass and leaves the steaming pile for consumption by hacks like Paul Anderson and Scorsese. Actors look to him for whatever they need. He's always the first on casting lists for any and all parts. You want a snarky business man? Who else but Affleck. A femme fatale who will do whatever it takes to get the mission done? Affleck. A prominent civil rights leader? Affleck. He passes on a lot of these because he knows what he wants. That's what makes him alpha. He knows exactly where to go and what to do. Damon just rides his coattails. Long live Boston. Long live Affleck.
>>
>>86634788
You forgot to mention he can also literally weaponize autism
>>
>>86634712
Slumdog is still pretty enjoyable
>>
>>86634333
And I'm not a pretentious person who only likes movies because the critics or the Academy praise them, my best of 2017 so far is Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>86634712
>>86634760
Well, you're entitled to your opinions of the winners, but I don't think anyone can seriously claim that every Oscar NOMINATED film "games the system." And being nominated is still a big deal. There are still plenty of films receiving exposure.
>>
>>86635455
No. But I am saying that there are movies specifically designed with winning a ton of awards and appealing to self-centered arrogant wannabe intellectuals in mind. It's a marketing strategy like any other. And this nigflick is one of them.
>>
the simple fact that the concept of this movie is about a gay nigger's youth in the hood instantly makes it dishonest as fuck.
>>
I was so happy for the protagonist when he manned up and bashed that kid's head in with the chair. I didn't realize how invested I'd become until that point.
>>
This is not an Oscar bait. Stop misusing this term, you idiots.
>>
>>86635595
>This is not an Oscar bait
the only way it would be more oscarbait was if the protag was half jewish
>>
>>86635525
Moonlight is one of the few that feels like it's actually genuine instead of pushing an agenda of some sort.
>>
File: gnaa.jpg (39KB, 994x520px) Image search: [Google]
gnaa.jpg
39KB, 994x520px
>>86635565
I LIKED LITERALLY THIS EXACT MOVIE BETTER, WHEN IT WAS SET IN SPACE
>>
This thread is proof you can successfully argue about a movie you've never seen lmao
>>
>>86635565
There is way more repressed homosexuality in black ghettos than you realize.
>>
>>86635658
Yeah no shit, doesn't make the movie any less dishonest.
>>
>>86633500
You just discovered why the oscars are shit and don't matter and aren't awarded by merit
0/9 1/9 2/9 film in the categories actually deserve to be nominated. All the noms are usually overrated garbage and undwrrated films don't win bc they don't get noms even.
>>
>>86635643
People do that all the time. CinemaSins and critics make it easy. I've realized so many times that people haven't actually seen the movie and are just regurgitating the talking points from some well known critic.
>>
>>86635685
>it's dishonest because it portrays something that actually happens
Wut?
>>
>>86635621
You don't understand what Oscar bait means, you moron. Moonlight is a small indie film about gays. It's something that wins Sundance, not Oscars.

Oscar baits are big films. Big budget, historical events and famous actors. Seriously, just shut up, you don't know anything.
>>
>>86635621
And a Holocaust Survivor
>>
>>86635728
Yes?
>>
>>86635732
Nonsense.
>>
>>86633273
Seems reasonable to me. Movies like Moonlight are incredibly shallow and only play on the simplest and most obvious emotions. They're more interested in simplistic emotional manipulation than they are in telling a unique and interesting story.
>>
>>86635759
Oh, so you're just trolling.
>>
>>86635838
No it's just your post was fucking retarded.
>>
>>86630802
>he considers Tangerine a better film than Moonlight
>dude gay niggers lmao, but I do wanna suck tranny cock
>Moonlight's cinematography is shit, but I enjoy the movie shot on a fucking telephone
>>
>>86635834
Have you really seen the movie? Because you don't describe it like someone who has. Tell me something that you'd only know from having seen it.
>>
>>86635857
And now you're doubling down on the trolling.
>>
>>86635806
>A study by Gabriel Rossman and Oliver Schilke, two sociologists at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), reviewed data from the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), such as genres and plot keywords, for 3,000 movies released between 1985 and 2009 to see what elements were likeliest to draw Oscar nominations. The researchers found that war movies, historical epics, and biographies earned the most. Plot elements of political intrigue, disabilities, war crimes and show business were also very common element of nominated films. A release during Oscar season, or by an independent division of a major studio were also strong indicators.[16][17] The study found that some keywords had a strongly negative correlation with Oscar nominations, such as "zombie", "breast implant" and "black independent film".[9]
>>
>>86635929
>hurr a film can't be dishonest if it actually happens
you realize how fucking retarded this sounds right, cunt?
>>
>>86630447

You are probably an amerifat who can't read subtitles, why should anyone care about your taste?

Moonlight is a great movie though
>>
>>86635985
...It doesn't though. Honesty means telling the truth.
>>
>>86630447
Shittiest gay flick ever. Not even gay either. It's just nignog family problems that are dime a dozen.
>>
>>86635970
>2009
you're an idiot
>>
>>86635732
Nope
>>
File: 1465069995607.jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1465069995607.jpg
87KB, 645x773px
>>86630447
>bar none the best film i've see this decade
>>
>>86635970
>The study found that some keywords had a strongly negative correlation with Oscar nominations, such as "zombie", "breast implant" and "black independent film".
BTFO
>>
>>86636037
You are clueless.
>>
>>86630447
What part made you Laugh???
>>
>>86636041
What's the best gay film ever, since you word it like you've seen a lot?
>>
>>86636085
And you are addicted to trolling because you prefer to talk in circles instead of explaining your opinion (because you don't actually have an opinion).
>>
>>86630447
>i know that hyperbolic af with examples such as drive and the social network

If you think Drive, The Social Network or Moonlight are anywhere close to the best films of the decade you need to either stop watching garbage or accept that you're a simpleton and stick to capeshit.
>>
>>86636169
Nah I just don't think clueless retards are worth conversing with seriously
>>
>>86636117
There are no truly great films where homosexuality is important to the plot or primary themes.
>>
>>86636208
Because you are a troll who doesn't actually want to talk to anyone. Talking to you is like wringing water out of a rock.
>>
>>86636244
>what is Happy together and Beau travail
>>
>>86636195
They're good flicks bront
>>
>>86636117
for this decade, it's blue is the warmest kino
>>
>>86636238
2009 was not 5 years ago idiot, and yes in the 2010's a film about a black gay youth in the ghetto is the closest you can get to the holocaust in being oscarbait.
>>
>>86632626
>t. garbageman
>>
>>86630502
YFW you realize that also includes the time he got beat up by him.
>>
>>86630447
lets be honest everything you're talking about applies almost exclusively to the middle section.
The first act of the film is straight up boring with none of the artistic flair and brilliant camera work that made the next two stand out. Without Mehershala's acting there would be absolulutely nothing of value to the first third of the film.
Second act left me speechless though. It was truly fantastic.
>>
>>86636331
How many films like that were nominated for the Oscars in 2010s?
>>
>>86636278
Bad movies that are only loved by western pseuds.
>>
>>86636395
None, what's your point?
>>
Moonlight isn't about homosexuality or being black. The protagonist happens to be both, and those circumstances form his identity, but the themes of the film are universal. It's really about how the people we come across at different points of our lives make us who we are, and how many of us hide who we truly are by creating a mask based on who we think we need to be to survive. That means the film has the potential to connect with anybody viewing it , if they see it with an open mind.
>>
>>86636094
That part where he ate the bean and his friend bantered with him got a warm chuckle.
>>
>>86631122
it is not even remotely like Happy Together.
Literally the only thing the films have in common is that the characters are gay.
>>
http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/surreal-experience-of-laughter-in-moonlight.html

What do you folks think of this?
>>
>>86636331
>Dude 2011 was such a different time from 2009! The whole world changed drastically in two fucking years!
If Moonlight was Oscar bait, then why did it break so many records? A film like it has never won before, Hacksaw Ridge is fucking Oscar bait but you poltards are too obsessed with identity politics to criticize Le based Mel XD
>>
>>86634712
Kings Speech is great
>>
>>86636420
It's the only film of this kind that won an Oscar. Then how is this an Oscar bait?
>>
>>86636444
>It's really about how the people we come across at different points of our lives make us who we are, and how many of us hide who we truly are by creating a mask based on who we think we need to be to survive.
Really? Are you sure?
>>
>>86636094
"Ayy my Spaghetti-o's go hard" is better than every Marvel quip
>>
>>86636540
Hacksaw Ridge was dishonest oscarbait garbage, Moonlight was even bigger dishonest oscarbait garbage.

>>86636562
Maybe because it's the first one anyone has ever heard of. Probably why the media wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>86636599
Wow, great response. Really fucking well thought out response. You are so good at intellectual discourse.
>>
>>86636622
>dishonest
This fucking meme word again. Getting to the point where I instantly dismiss someone's opinion when I see them say "dishonest."
>>
>>86636720
I don't care, moron.
>>
>>86636540
The few people I know that like Hacksaw Ridge will still admit that it's 100% pure oscar bait.
>>
>>86636773
Sure, that's why you replied.
>>
>>86636826
upvoted
>>
Nobody said "Oscarbait" until these last couple years. It's a word that has only arisen due to people getting butthurt at liberals.
>>
>>86636720
I think there's an interesting discussion around dishonest filmmaking but 4chan is not the place to have it.
>>
>>86636804
>HACKSAW RIDGE
>LITERALLY THINKING IT WAS CREATED TO UNIRONICALLY TRY WINNING AN OSCAR

KEK UP YOUR FILME LITERACY PLEB
>>
>>86636876
delusional
>>
>>86636851
>>86636942
Not an argument.
>>
>>86630447
It's ok. People were brainwashed by the violin to associate it with "art".
>>
>>86636956
Not intelligent.
>>
>>86636418
thanks for confirming you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>86636876
> Oscar bait was used in a critical 1948 review of John Ford's Fort Apache in The New Republic

> The New York Times used it in a 1955 article about the then-upcoming The Harder They Fall, Humphrey Bogart's final film

People have labelled movies Oscarbait for decades. Titanic was continuously labelled Oscarbait and movie reviews contained the term as early as the 1940s.
>>
File: best films 2010s.jpg (1MB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
best films 2010s.jpg
1MB, 2100x1500px
naaahh bruhh
>>
File: 아가씨.jpg (164KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
아가씨.jpg
164KB, 750x745px
>>86636117
>>
>>86637164
>Prometheus
>BvS
shiggydiggy
>>
>>86637164
remove mad max, inception, grande bellezza, interstellar and nocturnal animals and you have kino
>>
>>86636986
But enough about you.
>>
>>86637105
So it's a word used exclusively by trolls who don't have an argument and want to dismiss the film out of hand.
>>
>>86637164
Why Only God Forgives? The whole thing felt like slow asian drive
>>
>>86637164
>/tv/
>an indicator of any quality whatsoever
made me kek
>>
>>86637164
It's weird, just a couple years ago /tv/ praised the heck out of Mad Max Fury Road. Now because Trump is president people whine about it constantly. Not sure why.
>>
>>86637164
The Tree of Life, The Master, La Grande Bellezza and Nocturnal Animals are the only decent films on that list.
>>
>>86634172
What exactly was the Chef's Special? Typical latino "rice and beans" with non-specific meat?
>>
>>86637289
No. There are some decent and enjoyable Oscar bait movies. Moonlight is just not one of them.
>>
>>86637168
WTF is this? Logan?
>>
>>86637388
Such as?
>>
>>86637328
it was crossposting /v/tards that praised that shit flick
>>
>>86637296
It's basically cinematography and pretty colors 101. Loved by the same dishonest people that wake up one morning and decide to be "photographers" despite having lived a life completely devoid of artistic ability or integrity.
>>
>>86637494
>It's basically cinematography and pretty colors 101.
confirmed retard, no wonder you like moonlight
>>
>>86637388
Because it isn't Oscar bait.
>>
>>86637296
I've asked /tv/ why they like that movie so many times and all they ever do is repeat "pleb" and refuse to explain themselves. I'm convinced they don't actually like it.
>>
>>86637544
I do actually like it
>>
>>86637470
>>86637530
Oh, it's you again. Chuckling hard as you make these posts, I bet.
>>
>>86637469
Schindler's List or Munich.
>>
>>86637578
could you stop posting your idiot opinions so i don't reply to you then?
>>
>>86636346
Armond White is garbage.
>>
>>86637530
> no wonder you like moonlight

I don't like Moonlight though.
>>
>>86637660
well at least you're not completely retarded
>>
File: 1503219433531.jpg (29KB, 430x650px) Image search: [Google]
1503219433531.jpg
29KB, 430x650px
>>86630447
>tricked me into believing Miami was LA
What?
>>
>>86637633
Nah, I like baiting pseuds like you.
>>
>>86637733
oh man you made me think you're a fucking idiot, i got epically trolled.
>>
File: Ckb2ApJUgAM8ISd.jpg (109KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ckb2ApJUgAM8ISd.jpg
109KB, 1000x1000px
>>86637393
No, it's 아가씨.
>>
>>86637164
Switch Interstellar for Dunkirk
>>
File: 1480840276402.gif (774KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480840276402.gif
774KB, 500x250px
>>86637700
Yeah, at least he is not completely retarded like you are.
>>
>>86637330
>Nocturnal Animals
Refn is better than this spew.
>>
>>86630447
Lion was better tho
>>
>>86635732
You are literally retarded
>>
>>86637578
Sneedling
>>
>>86637798
Thanks. I hope it's better than the other thing with "handmaid" in it.
>>
>>86637973
Okay, this made me laugh really hard.
>>
good OP, bad thread
>>
File: DCucks on suicide watch.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DCucks on suicide watch.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>86637164
>BvS

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86637776
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
>>
>>86638047
You'll be seeing a lot of this OP from now on, if it helps.
>>
>>86637377
https://laughingsquid.com/how-to-cook-the-chefs-special-pollo-a-la-plancha-from-2017-best-picture-oscar-winner-moonlight/

It's weird, it looks like a TV dinner in Moonlight but at the same time I really want to eat it.
>>
>>86635870
Tangerine is objectively a better film
>>
>>86636364
I don't think that's what he meant because he got beat up earlier in the movie but it would be cool if he was some anime badass who never got hit except by his friend's betrayal.
>>
>>86630802
basically this
>>
>>86635970
>Gabriel Rossman and Oliver Schilke
>>
File: Bestofdecade.jpg (729KB, 2100x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Bestofdecade.jpg
729KB, 2100x1428px
>>
>>86630447
great

f*cking post

OP

it truly is

an amazing

movie

(so good...)
>>
File: 1475932879737.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475932879737.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>86638671
Good one, anon.
>>
>>86638671
Remove only god forgives and its great
>>
File: 1500386145080.jpg (3MB, 1816x4113px) Image search: [Google]
1500386145080.jpg
3MB, 1816x4113px
>>86638671
Buddy, here's the only chart you need.
>>
>>86638671
apart from jagten there's no foreign films listed but its not as embarrassing as the list other anon posted
>>
the fucking catharsis in the third act was so fucking feelgood

Can you guys recommend me any movies with catharsis? Maybe Count of Monte Cristo fits that and Django Unchained
>>
>>86638873
>foreign films are automatically good
*vomiting noise*
>>
>>86630477
fuckoff
>>
>>86630447
>the social network is an amazing movie
I see this meme every once in a while and I still don't understand it. can someone explain it to me?
>>
>>86638950
It's simple. The Social Network is actually an amazing movie. Bitch.
>>
it's budget wong kar wai. a cheap imitation, a cover band. I can't help but feel like I'm wasting time watching it when I could be watching the real deal.
>>
>>86638906
can you into reading?

I was just implying the anon has very limited taste in film
>>
>>86638982
How do you know? Maybe he rightfully thinks there hasn't been a good foreign film in the last decade.
>>
>>86638671

>only overlong, boring and artsy movies
>>
>>86635277
You should be shot
>>
>>86638971
okay. but what's amazing about it?
all I saw was a movie that showed that the creator of facebook was a flawed human. I think it was cool that they actually showed that side of him, but I still don't see what made it an amazing movie.
>>
>>86639068
Lol.
>>
>>86630447
>i know that hyperbolic af with examples such as drive and the social network among plenty others to fight for the throne.
jesus christ
>>
>>86639057
One of those is 90 min. Looks like that list is a bonafide pleb filter. A movie isn't boring only you are boring.
>>
>>86638971
it's entertaining. drive is entertaining too. but saying either one is a contender for film of the decade is either trolling or retardation
>>
>>86639406
Valhalla Rising is 90 minutes and it feels like it's fucking six hours long. SO. FUCKING. SLOW.
>>
>>86636622
>moonlight
>dishonest
>>
>>86636804
>The few people I know that like Hacksaw Ridge
You're an idiot, we have a thread on /tv/ right now for best of 2016 and most of the replies are Hacksaw Ridge.
>>
>>86630802
This, it's not a bad movie but it's not amazing either.
>>
File: 1503187114162.jpg (107KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1503187114162.jpg
107KB, 500x750px
>>86639666
> idiots on /tv/ like Hacksaw Ridge
> surely that means it's not oscar bait trash!

Just how stupid are you?
>>
>>86635883
Juan quoting an old Cuban women: "In the moonlight black boys look blue"
>>
>>86640041
>hates /tv/
>still posts on it
Get out if you don't like it.
>>
>>86635732
>Sundance
Sundance hasn't been about small indie films for quite some time, I think you meant to say Cannes
>>
>>86640313
Cannes is about assholes acting like monkeys and booing shit instead of being respectful.
>As the film from Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn began to wrap, its Sia-penned end-credits song was drowned out by boos and whistles, and some critics were so enraged that they leapt to their feet to holler at the film. Worse, when the dedication to Refn’s wife, Liv, came onscreen, they booed her, too. “Basura!” shouted one Spanish critic. “Fuck you, Liv!” yelled another.
>>
>>86640190
no
>>
>>86640493
YES
>>
>>86633081
>>person puts thought into post
>>86630447
>>i know that hyperbolic af with examples such as drive and the social network among plenty others to fight for the throne
top fucking kek
>>
>>86640419
The awards given at Cannes are the only awards wich still have actual significance. If your film is good you will get a huge standing ovation if it's bad people will tell you it's bad.
>>
>>86630447
It's a bad movie.
>>
>>86640700
Cannes booed Taxi Driver and they were proven wrong on that, so, uh, nah.
>>
>>86630802
Savage
>>
>>86642470
Not particularly.
>>
>>86630447
Same old boring bait thread, 200 replies
>>
>>86630802
/thread
>>
>>86643082
Considering the thread continued for hundreds of posts after that? No.
>>
>>86643691
newfag, I..
>>
>>86643723
>uses a 2016 meme
>dares to call someone a newfag
>>
>>86638079
you're on an anonymous message board
>>
>>86640419
This is patrician behavior though, only middle brow striver faggots stay silent and "respectful" during a performance.
>>
>>86637164
>la grande bellezza, the social network, and tree of life have to share a list with this garbage
>>
>>86643936
>message board
This isn't GameFAQs, kid.
>>
Plot is a literal nothingburger. No actor is in this film longer than 20 minutes. Made entirely to cash in on the #oscarsowhite backlash. A black film was clearly going to win that year.
>>
>>86644965
Name one black film besides Moonlight that even existed that year.
>>
>>86630447
You're baiting, but it's a great film. Probably top 20 of this decade.
>>
>>86639068
GitS really is the best of 2017 so far BTW.
>>
>>86644965
>Made entirely to cash in on the #oscarsowhite backlash.

A 1.5 million indie movie released in august without a single famous black actor sounds pretty risky just to cash in on controversy. It's disingenous to compare this to something like Hidden Figures
>>
>>86644995
http://ew.com/awards/2017/02/26/oscars-2017-black-acting-winners/

Dumb nigger spotted
>>
>>86645399
>Black movies getting Oscars
>implying those are genuine Oscar wins
Are you completely retarded?
>>
>>86645399
Do not use racist slurs on 4chan. We do not take kindly to that around here.
>>
>>86645448
>name another black film that year
> reply back with multiple Oscar winning black films that year

The retard is looking you in the mirror
>>
>>86645559
I'm not that guy you mouth-breathing faggot.
And see my post again and tell me what's written there isn't true, you fucking redditourist,
>>
>subpar flick has a gay nigger
>omg it is the best movie ever
>>
>>86645820
>flick flick flick look at me /tv/ do I look cool for using your meme terms
>>
>>86645836
save it pusy
>>
>>86645892
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>86645921
good one!
>>
>>86645594
So you just derail threads with autism. Got it.
>>
>>86645949
I said. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>86646097
>So you just derail threads with autism.
Blame >>86630802 for that.
>>
>>86633273
>"mansplaining."
I like the term mansplaining
It means explaining something to someone who already understands
If it wasn't so heavily linked to feminism, it'd get used a shit ton on 4chan
>>
>>86630447
Is that the movie about the faggot nigger?
>>
>>86646196
stop your fembabbing no one cares what you think
>>
>>86646367
if no one cares, why bother responding at all?
>>
>>86646237
Do not use racist or homophobic slurs on 4chan. We do not take kindly to that around here.
>>
>>86646196
I do not think anyone on 4chan would ever use a word that could potentially cast men in a negative light/inferior to women. You would have to come up with another word, even without thinking of feminism the word "mansplaining" has an air of male inferiority.
>>
File: NIGGER!.gif (739KB, 600x2644px) Image search: [Google]
NIGGER!.gif
739KB, 600x2644px
>>86646580
NIGGER
>>
>>86646644
we call each other virgins, autists, cucks, faggots, etcetc
some of us actually are those things, most of us are some of those things
I seriously doubt that people here would care if some word that actually describes them was used derogatorily
Without the feminism linking it, the man-prefix is essentially useless, the meaning behind it would be lost
>>
>>86637544

pleb
>>
>>86646730
That's not cool
Ben Garrison didn't draw that and the actual artist worked pretty hard on that
>>
>>86630447
>the action in sync with the playlist was entertaining for 15 minutes
>kevin spacey played a caricature of le typical bossman
>opens with ansel singing like an autist for 5 minutes straight for no reason. it's not even an establishing shot, it's just him walking and dancing to the tune of a shitty song
>jamie foxx was bad
>zero chemistry between baby and debora
>the whole 'makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary not to mention the music was shit
>jon hamm's gf was shoehorned in to move the plot along, you could tell this is true by her lines. they were all complimentary lines (i.e. "you heard the man, i'm in, etc.. and just repeating things other characters said)
>didn't buy jon hamm's love for her
>how in the fuck did jon hamm survive that cop shootout when she died?
>>last 15 mins all of a sudden jon hamm is the bad guy
>shouldve ended when he got sent to prison and not after we find out he served 5 years and got out to his girl waiting for him so that it could end on a happy note
>so many cliche "funny bits" like the shot of the old black womans reaction when her car gets jacked "what the fuck?" WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN EVERY COMEDY MOVIE?
>Baby's entire backstory felt so forced. I hate when writers feel like they have to make people care about their characters by giving them a sympathetic backstory. Would've been so much better if we didn't know about his parents let alone shown the same damn shot of them getting into an accident 3 times.
>Also deaf man roommate was unnecessary and only served to further make you feel for ansel's character
>>
>>86646821
>look up Princess Highground
>it's actually a very popular right-wing comic
>hosted on tumblr of all places
>>
>>86646838
Wow, this could not be a more inaccurate summary of Moonlight if you tried.
>>
File: Gayniggers from Outer Space.jpg (18KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
Gayniggers from Outer Space.jpg
18KB, 182x268px
>>86631185
Gayniggers from Outer Space you say. Is it a reboot?
>>
>>86647681
WHOA! Holy shit guys. This dude got the reference. He got the reference!
>>
>>86637164
>no Nightcrawler
>no Upstream Color
Shit
>>
>>86631534
well duh why do you think it's called moonlight?
>>
>>86635621
kek

>>86635633
>feels

Dayum
>>
>>86630802
stfu you jealous cracker your just mad that this movie showcasing black excellence BTFO white trash at the oscars
>>
>>86634788
Is this pasta?
>>
>>86650228
No, that is a completely genuine opinion of Ben Affleck. Obviously.
>>
File: CxQsCUlUsAAnG-c.jpg (26KB, 597x328px) Image search: [Google]
CxQsCUlUsAAnG-c.jpg
26KB, 597x328px
>>86630447
>tricked me into believing Miami was LA - which means the location is in itself a character, not just a backdrop, which in turn adds to the brilliance and motifs
>>
File: C670uacWsAQnAjd.jpg (38KB, 579x431px) Image search: [Google]
C670uacWsAQnAjd.jpg
38KB, 579x431px
>>86630447
>>made me cry
>>made me laugh
>>shocked me
>>and tied it all into one little bundle that blew me the fuck away.
holy shit, this needs to be copypasta. For a second there I thought OP was being serious.
>>
>>86630560
>>86630447
I had almost the exact same situation. I was upset about the La La Land winning mistake at the Oscars and thought I had to see the movie that beat it out for Best Picture. Ended up walking away not knowing which one was the better film. Superb.
>>
best scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0ykJlRdWg
>>
>>86634608
suicide squad
>>
>>86630802
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Rarely do I agree with you guys but this one's pretty true.
>>
>>86651990
>holy shit, this needs to be copypasta.
This "We need to make everything a meme!" attitude is what killed 4chan.
>>
>>86630447
>tricked me into believing Miami was LA

It's supposed to take place in Miami though...
>>
>>86630477
fpbp
>>
>>86632485
Can't believe I agree with Armond.
>>
>>86634333
The best movie of 2016 was Kubo & The Two Strings.

I didn't think Moonlight was too good and really enjoyed La La Land, but Moonlight is obviously the better made movie. La La Land has a lot of allusions whereas Moonlight creates it's own cinematic magic.
>>
>>86653101
That's like agreeing with someone who puts on a Dunce cap and shits in the middle of a room.
>>
>>86654231
Kubo was really good. If they had an award for best credits sequence it should have won that.
>>
Out of curiosity and ignorance,
was the movie made by a gay black man?
>>
>>86636879
then where is the place to have it
>>
>>86657382
truefilm
>>
>>86635658
>>86635565
https://youtu.be/pa8pM6_HXpU
>>
>>86638339
Tangerine is objectively a shit film
>>
>>86637924
Lion was SHIT.
>>
>>86658405
>>86658459
Damn dude, do you do anything but call films shit?
>>
>>86655123
a broken clock is right twice a day or something
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 515x132px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 515x132px
>>86658698
Lion is one of the worst movies of the century.
>>
>>86634608
Birdman
>>
>>86630447
>pasta
Into the trash it goes. Also, why should I watch Gay Niggers in Space, but not in space?
>>
File: image.png (174KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174KB, 248x459px
>>
>>86636117
My own private idaho
>>
>>86630447
I actually thought the first third was much stronger than what came after. If the movie had kept that level of quality it would be a 9/10 easy but best I can do is 7.5/10
>>
>>86638671
OGF and Jagten yes

the rest range from okay to shit
>>
>>86630447
This isn't your flebbit blog you faggot.
>>
>>86658980
Your opinion is shit
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.