[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"It was you!" Bran accuses when he snaps back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>"It was you!" Bran accuses when he snaps back. "You made the White Walkers."

>"We were at war," Leaf retorts. "We were being slaughtered. Our sacred trees cut down. We needed to defend ourselves."

>"From who?" Bran.

>"From you," she replies. "From men."

but i thought cotf and men fought the white walkers together? also why did they create something far worse than men? Children of the forest make no sense
>>
They are dumb.
>>
File: nailedez.jpg (92KB, 630x565px) Image search: [Google]
nailedez.jpg
92KB, 630x565px
>>86587234
look at the self satisfaction in their eyes
The book has a real different approach
>>
>>86587234
Because we're expected to believe that the COTF lost control of the walkers. It's Dabid's idea, not George's
>>
>>86587234
I always assumed the Others were the opposite end of the magic spectrum to Dragons. Dragons embodying fire and the Others, ice.
Really throw out the whole balance if the Others were created at some point. Also means they probably don't have any sort civilization or culture in the show - even their armor seems to just be the armor they were 'changed' in.
In the books they have language and personality and weapons/armor made from magic ice, the show just has them as Walking Dead zombies.
>>
In the books the wights are immune to dragonglass whereas the Others are a one-hit kill. With this set-up it makes sense. The Children created the Others knowing that they could easily wipe them out with their dragonglass weapons after they were done killing humans, while the humans with iron weapons would be BTFO. Then the Others started raising wights that were immune to the Children's weapons and so Children and Man had to band together to fight them.
D&D are fucking retards so they changed that to both Others and Wights being one-hit kills with dragonglass, which makes none of it make sense. Because they're the type of retards who can't understand a character's motivation even when it's stated clearly and who can't even remember what happened in a scene in season 1.
>>
>>86587444
that makes sense.
>>
>>86587444
Good post
>>
>>86587444
are all the Others the same power level? why is the Night King more powerful than the other 3 dudes?
>>
>>86587682
There is no leader of the white walkers in the books. Once the show had the "Night King" it was obvious they were setting up for Good vs Evil.

There are thousands and thousands of white walkers in the books
>>
If it's that goddamn easy can't you make more Night Kings?Just shove a dragonglass dagger to some human's heart and you there you go.
>>
>>86587705
>>86587682
I skipped the last two seasons, when did the name Night King show up? Did somebody show up and tell them in some god awful flashback or was it just a name Jon made up to describe him?
>>
>>86587872
I have no idea too. They just named him that, and everyone kind of caught on.
>>
>>86587753

There's probably more of a ritual going on there but D&D probably figured that that would be unnecessary details. Much like proper character development and basic geography.
>>
>>86587705
damn i had no idea the show diverged this much
>>
> We end with a scene in the far far North, in the Lands of Always Winter. A single White Walker rides to and brings the body of Bran Stark to an altar. Remember that the Night King stabbed Bran in episode 2. He was stabbed in the heart with Dragonglass. He performs a certain ritual and Bran opens his eyes. They’re bright blue. The White Walker puts a crown on Bran’s head and the altar slowly changes into one of ice. Winter is coming…
>>
>>86587936
Yep. The Others in the books are a mysterious race with what seems to be a culture, and an objective that they need to head south and bring winter to claim.

In the show, it's literally
>DABID THE WHITE WALKERS ARE EBIL
>RAISE DEAD JUST TO KILL EVERYONE
>THEY'RE PROGRAMMED DAT WAY DAABBID
>>
File: WhiteWalkersCreation.png (58KB, 150x530px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteWalkersCreation.png
58KB, 150x530px
>>86587234
It's the "turned against their masters" trope.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.