[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Channing Tatum starring as the main character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

File: 20170819_211614.jpg (417KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_211614.jpg
417KB, 2896x2896px
How do you feel about Channing Tatum starring as the main character (William Mandella) in The Forever War?
>>
It doesn't matter who gets cast. (((They)))'ll still fuck it up.
>>
>>86584997
Yeah unfortunately.

This is one of the greatest novels I've ever read, but like the new remake of All Quiet on the Western Front, it will more than likely be a shadow of its true potential.
>>
>>86584865
>society turns gay
topkek
>>
>>86585166
?
it's already happening dumbfuck
>>
>>86584865
Channing is a decent actor, fags only say different cuz Jump Street.

I just want them to get the training sequences right and be as brutal as possible, that first chick not getting clear in time during the demolition run freaked me out.
>>
>>86585189
Yeah but it's not the law yet
>>
>>86584865
>Channing Tatum
I don't watch movies with that cuck in them.
>>
>>86584865
The SJWs will have a field day injecting their rhetoric into this
>>
>>86585189
Society has always been gay, people just closed their eyes and pretended they didn't see it.
>>
He's proven himself to be a competent actor in recent years, so sure why not? Not that I really have any interest in a film version of the Forever War anyway.
>>
>>86585296
Slavfag here, this might be true for the West, but there were no gays here until American NGOs established their presence here
>>
>>86585266
OMG I KNOW WHAT IF THEY LIKR HAVE A SOCIETY WHERE EVERYNE IS GAY OR SOMETHING FUCKING SJW BULLSHIT
>>
>>86585401
>Europoors
>Not the literal gayest continient on Earth
>>
>>86585587
>missing the point completely

Just as expected
>>
>>86585668
>Pointless blathering about SJWs that does nothing but annoy people and derailing threads and affects no change on the world
>Having a point
Lol?
>>
Thanks iv been looking for a sci if book to read
>>
>>86585770
>literally *sips tea* post
>>
>>86585780
Audiobooks pretty good too if you need something to listen to during long drives
>>
>>86585401
>Implying you slavs aren't the gayest people in the world
>>
>>86584865
Channing Tatum is fine, Mandella is kind of a non-character. What will make or break this movie is whether or not they keep the middle segment where he returns to Earth after his first tour of duty and it's a filthy homo-ridden AIDshole where the government is completely inept at taking care of anybody, the war is practically a myth and the whole planet runs in a state of semi-collapse like the first Mad Max movie.
>>
>>86584865
they already fucked up the dark tower so why not
fuck hollywood
>>
>>86585218

>that first chick not getting clear in time during the demolition run freaked me out.

Didn't read the novel, pls expand
>>
did any of you read the sequels? they really go overboard if you ask me.

I think the third book ends with god descending from heaven and telling them he is going to leave the universe now to start over somewhere else.
>>
>>86584997
>>86585038
Isn't it already pretty fucked up to begin with? I hear that everyone in the future is gay, they have ungendered pronouns and all kinds of other faggotry. I didn't read it yet, though.
>>
>>86586605
The book isn't about celebrating that stuff, it's about a soldier fighting a war light years from home and home increasingly strange and disturbing things get when he returns, the time dilation making his 6 months at war into decades back on Earth.

Last battle in the book is fucking amazing though
>>
>>86586179
They're training on Charon in the use of explosives to clear craters that they can later use for fortifications. One of the members of their unit plants her bomb, but her foot gets stuck or some shit and she can't get clear of the blast in time. She's able to get out of the crater, and she's running towards her unit, and as the last few seconds of the timer count down her sear gent tells her to lie flat on the ground with her feet pointed towards the explosion, but she's convinved she can get just a few more meters away. She's still running when the bomb goes off, her head gets taken off by the explosion, and since the gravity on Charon is extremely low her body gets sent flying through the air.
>>
>>86584865
>there will never be a forever war film made

It's never happening, and I love the book. Also, they'd never do the orgy scene for the construction crew on the space ship as it explicitly states that there was no fag shit going on there.
>>
>>86586605
Yeah, and the main character hates it. The book is filled with casual homophobia; it ends with him and his girlfriend leaving civilization to live on their own colony of straight people. . Not sure how they'll work that into the movie, probably they'll just drop it altogether.
>>
>>86586765
>and since the gravity on Charon is extremely low her body gets sent flying through the air.
Don't forget blood spouting from the headless stump like a geyser
>>
>>86586832
This is way oversimplified man.
>>
>>86586832
Mandella got along well enough with the homos though ,he just made it clear he's 'old school' and not into that, heck remember he and his gaybro had to sneak the drunk dyke back to her room when she got pissdrunk and naked?

>>86586897
This, by the end of the book even that homo society found itself out of sorts and a relic when humanity became bizarre looking somewhat asexual telepathic humans that finally put an end to the War due to more time dilation.
>>
Tatum is a good actor. Logan lucky convinced me of that. On the other hand I'm not sure I trust anyone to turn my fav book into a movie
>>
>>86586832
Things that will NOT make it into any movie version

>training
>space station orgy where the women service those guys on the station
>giant purple alien penises raping people to death and eating babies
>his mom choosing to be gay
>earth being a hellhole
>the space battle will be very fast paced and frenetic with people running all over the ship, putting out fires and other bullshit
>homos will be extremely tolerant and peaceful
>vacation planet will be half the movie, no mention of the ecosystem being retarded because that's a bad word
>expect final battle to be shot like 300
>the cat lives (that's alright)
>middle finger is a hellhole because it's not culturally diverse enough despite have people from different points from the last 10000 years living there at the same time
>the cripple cannot be "changed" to be straight
>>
>>86586974
Yes, Mandela didn't hate them, if anything when he met his homo crew, they hated him. He became a minority surrounded by hateful assholes due to him being straight. This is something I'm worried about for the movie, portraying a gay society as hateful and unaccepting of straight people
>>
>>86585218
>>86586765
>>86586846
Didn't another girl get eviscerated by shrapnel when they hit their little barracks thing with a legit missile attack, also as part of the training?
Author clearly had a hard on for killing cute girls
So do I
>>
If this was made ten years ago when it was first announced by Ridley Scott Id be hype, now not so much.
>>
>>86587085
>>the cat lives (that's alright)
Nah fuck that little faggot, dropped
>>
>ITT people who read a synopsis on wikipedia
THERE WERE GAY PEOPLE IN THE BOOK! IT MUST BE SJW PROPAGANDA! SET STATUS TO TRIGGERED!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86587115
My best guess - cat somehow ends up with marygay, goes time hopping for centuries - ends up the oldest cat ever, finds another cat on middle finger and has kittens too
>>
>>86587144
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>86586974
Humanity became Man when they started going crazy overboard with cloning.
>>
>>86587085
>Humanity changing it's name to "Man"
>>
>>86587085
>vacation planet will be half the movie, no mention of the ecosystem being retarded because that's a bad word

Wasn't the ecosystem being retarded thing from starship troopers? There was a lack of radiation leaking from the planet's surface to cause genetic mutations, so evolution progressed much more slowly.
>>
>>86587229
>Wasn't the ecosystem being retarded thing from starship troopers?
Yes. This thread is full of actual retards.
>>
>>86587229
Yeah I think you're right now that I think about it
>>
>>86587085
p accurate
>>
>>86584865
Hollywood should stay away from the Scifi classics.
If they make a Forever War movie I will pretend it never existed.
>>
>>86586605
>I hear that everyone in the future is gay, they have ungendered pronouns and all kinds of other faggotry

Yes. But it's meant to underline how strange the world has become to this vet who returns home after decades of time dilating space travel, forcing him to emotionally detach from the society he's fighting for. And they specifically point out that such faggotry is manufactured by the State as method of population and social control.

This is not the kind of message a Hollywood (((producer))) wants to convey. So if a movie gets made, you can expect the faggotry but don't be surprised when it's celebrated as Progress.
>>
>that scene when the protagonist returns from his first tour and is disturbed by how many gays and trans there are now
It'll never happen. Besides they'd fuck it up and just turn it into another shitty sci-fi action flick.
>>
>>86586605
The book was written by a Vietnam vet as a way of describing to civis the difficulty soldiers have with reintegrating with society and why some many chose to go back to war.
>>
>>86587085
>the space battle will be very fast paced and frenetic with people running all over the ship, putting out fires and other bullshit

The space battle should not be shown at all. The Expanse fucked this up as well. It's far more claustrophobic and terrifying to only show the battle from the perspective of the crew.
>locked into high-g couches
>little to no control once the battle starts
>no external shots of ships maneuvering
>ranges are measured in AU's
>>
>>86586246

That sounds awful.
>>
>>86586605
>I didn't read it yet, though.
Retard
>>
Will the scene where the people who are being held in tanks for the warp speed (or whatever) space travel and then explode all over the floor be in this one? That'd be cool if they did it with practical efffects
>>
>>86587093
It's meant to juxtapose the hate gay people received in the military during the 70s and how they basically had to lay very low to not get canned or killed in Vietnam.
>>
>>86589202
>explode
I always imagined it was more like a tube of toothpaste. Your tank springs a leak under the high G forces and you just kind of get extruded.
>>
>>86588444
>>86588510
Did you both miss the point of how when the gay Filipino looking veterans return to earth and encounter "man" they go through roughly the same experience of alienation that Mandela faced?
>>
>>86589343
That doesn't matter. You aren't allowed to feel disturbed by trannies.
>>
>>86589343
SJWs through a shit fit at Dunkirk, how do you think they'll handle a film where homosexuality is presented as a choice and humanity evolves into a (male) clone society?
>>
>>86585823

I listen to H.P lovecraft every night, i can not go to sleep if i don't listen to him and its fucking driving me crazy because i'll lay awake all night in silence and i need his boring autistic monotone voice to put me to sleep.

I've almost remember every word from the mountain of madness.
>>
>>86589390
>the book doesn't matter because it doesn't let me scream at liberals
>>
>>86589420
>humanity evolves into a (male) clone society
Make the clone hive mind a black male and let's see who gets the most ass blasted.
>>
>>86589513
Kek

Both /pol/ and feminists would lose their shit plus George Takei for it not being a gay gook.
>>
>>
>>86589576
>People comitted to being offended by anything, being offended by everything
I don't spend much energy worrying about those kinds of people.
>>
>>86585401
>slavfag
>wetwater
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.