[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>character walks into bar he's never been to before >holds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 9818867-large[1].jpg (46KB, 380x274px) Image search: [Google]
9818867-large[1].jpg
46KB, 380x274px
>character walks into bar he's never been to before
>holds up his index finger to the bartender
>bartender knows exactly what he wants despite having never met him before
Does this trope annoy anybody else?
>>
>>86575885
No that's the sign of a good bar owner/tender. Read Bartender it goes into detail about this
>>
>There's no line of obnoxious teenagers, bar is literally empty
>>
>>86575925
Explain this to me. What the fuck does it mean when they raise two fingers and look meaningfully at the bartender. Two? Two what? What the fuck are they asking for?
>>
>>86576033
double scotch with no ice
>>
>>86576134
You just BTFO that pleb
>>
File: 1487650194845.jpg (25KB, 446x373px) Image search: [Google]
1487650194845.jpg
25KB, 446x373px
>what can I get you?
>[insert shitty bourbon], neat

or even worse
>character takes two sips
>gets up and leaves
>throws a couple wrinkled dollars at the bar
>>
>>86576134
Really? I'm honestly asking here.
>>
>>86576134
fucking Rekt that nerd
>>
>>86576134
Yeah I'd like to see you walking into some pub in London and raising your two fingers before the lads laugh at you for looking like a faggot and the bartender ignores you for the rest of the night

>>86576205
he's memeing
>>
>>86575885
>character walks into bar
>starts telling the bartender his problems as if they would give a shit
>>
>>86576192
in a similar vein it irks me when a character lights up a cigarette, has two drags and then steps on it.
>>
>>86575885
You must be a shut-in or something.

Every country/region has their rules that everyone knows.

here it's:

>Pinky up = beer
>Pinky up and x fingers afterwards = x beers
>Index-finger and Pinky up is Duvel

I could go on.. If you ever go out you just know this kind of stuff.
>>
>>86576273
Then I'd raise two fists and they'd get the meaning, 'lad'.
>>
>>86576134
Damn...
>>
>>86576315
sure you would, ''double scotch''
>>
>>86576290
where is this a thing? is there some sort of hand signal for "give me the cheapest shit you got"
>>
>>86576273
London is an absolute shit city and I'd never stick around long enough for a drink
>>
>>86576290
I go to the pub every Friday and Saturday, no one ever does this shit, they all say, "pint of Carlin please" or "jack and coke please", never has anyone done that, and if they did someone would most likely take the piss, especially the bartender
>>
>>86576289
Yeah, if I was drinking with my mates I'd be like, " hang on mate I've gotta finish this shit, ain't gonna waste my money man" and if my mates are smoking they would be like "hang on, let me finish my fag a minute, fuck" then we'd have to wait on whoever was drinking/smoking to finish
>>
>>86576274
This is kinda true if you're a regular and know the bartender as a friend, I know my bartender cause ive been going to my pub for 2-3 years now and when it's not that busy I ask him how he's doing and he ask me and we just tell eachother shit like how he hurt his shoulder doing something or how his wife broke something and they had to get it fixed
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.