[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this bomb so hard? I've seen it a couple of times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Cutthroat-Island-cover-HQ[1].jpg (1MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Cutthroat-Island-cover-HQ[1].jpg
1MB, 1425x1425px
Why did this bomb so hard? I've seen it a couple of times and it's a perfectly fine adventure movie, and Geena Davis is cute.
>>
>>86574722
She's like 6'3 and will never squeeze your nuts between her thighs
>>
released at the wrong time? I remember enjoying it, not as good as treasure island though
>>
>>86575008
also it was more like a worse indiana jones wannabe treasure island
>>
Matthew Modine deserved better.
>>
>>86574722
Budget expenses. Movies filmed with ocean themes end up costing way more than initially planned due to sporadic weather changes which sometimes cause extensive delays, tide, salt water fucking up everything, transportation to shooting location, safety requirements, equipment specifications, licensing if foreign oceans border multiple nations, strict union requirements on employees affected by nature altering the schedule, etc. From what I've seen, most movies filmed on the sea don't necessarily bomb as far as ratings go, their gross net just doesn't meet the percentage expected when stacked against expenses. I'm pretty sure some documentary exists where filmmakers discuss the difficulties involved with ocean films, but the title escapes me at the moment, although, it could have just been an interview I'd seen and thought it was longer.
>>
>>86574919
I would seriously love to slam it in her tooter
>>
File: 6[1].jpg (724KB, 1562x2413px) Image search: [Google]
6[1].jpg
724KB, 1562x2413px
>came out in December against Grumpier Old Men that was an anticipated sequel, as well as going up against Robin Williams' Jumanji that had massive goodwill and word of mouth behind it
>not enough marketing
>production company was going out of business
>(possibly) audiences were not quite into the idea of a woman pirate captain as a lead

The actual movie is fine and would do well if it were released today. It's better than all of the POTC movies except possibly the first one.
>>
>>86574722
I watched it a lot as a kid, yeah its no master piece but its servicable

Its too bad that POtC 1 is the only good pirate movie in existence, why do they all suck with so much potential
>>
On top of my extensive explanation>>86575158
This is also true>>86575168 film competition is a big one to the point that many films will be delayed so as not to be released against superior competitors. Hence why December 2015 was so dry because nobody wanted to battle the first Star Wars to come out in over a decade. It's much easier to push release back three months for the much greater increase in profit
>>
File: SNEED.jpg (227KB, 608x1484px) Image search: [Google]
SNEED.jpg
227KB, 608x1484px
>>
When Renny Harlin fired the chief camera operator following a dispute, more than two dozen crew members quit.

Matthew Modine said that every scene had three cameras in constant use, resulting in tons and tons of film being used for every shot. Also, the director had tons of V8 juice shipped to Malta.

Renny Harlin was so preoccupied with trying to find a male lead when Michael Douglas pulled out that set construction and script work were done without his input. Harlin didn't like what he saw when shooting was set to begin, leading to massive, expensive rebuilding and rewriting.

MGM, the film's distributor, was in the process of being sold and thus could not devote itself into financing a marketing campaign for the film.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.