[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Pogo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVx e5NIABsI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (428KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
428KB, 1024x576px
Do you like Pogo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxe5NIABsI
>>
bounce
>>
No.
He makes uninspired pop music and ties them to culturally well known properties as a way of piggybacking off of the vapidity of 'nerd culture'
>>
>>86574506
It's pretty inspired anon
>>
>>86574519
Pastiches of pop culture properties into formulaic ~3 minute melodies aren't what I'd call inspired.

Are you in highschool or something?
>>
>>86574589
Well you're ignoring everything else about it that works. But I get it, you're a contrarian.
>>
>>86574739
What, praytell, am I 'ignoring'?
It's not genre pushing, it's not a product of excellence in music ability, it's not emotive or technically grand, its one guy devoid of inspiration whose entire oeuvre is following a formula in FL studios. If you like it, w/e, there's no accounting for taste, but why pretend it's something that it isn't?
>>
>>86574908
that you're fucking autistic
>>
>>86575020
good one chump. you're about as inspired as pogo is lmao
>>
>>86575020
/mu/ fags always are.

Hurrdurr my taste better than urs kinda crap
>>
I like that Alice one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY
>>
>>86574506
Is disney 'nerd culture'?
>>
>>86575167
Yes.
If you aren't producing original work, then your art is just as tasteless and vapid as everything else.
We lost art when the Catholic Church began to wane in power.
Mindless pop music pastiches like Pogo bathe society in ennui and are the reason why we can't proceed forward as a society. And the culturally depraved teenagers who defend them are even worse.
>>
>>86575403
I wouldn't go that far but Pogo's music is fucking boring and so are the people who enjoy it.
>>
>>86575403
What should everyone be listening to merzbow and watching experimental short films?
>>
File: 1223939525626.png (64KB, 193x167px) Image search: [Google]
1223939525626.png
64KB, 193x167px
his new mix is pure quinoa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy4IhE-KAEg
>>
I like the M&M one, the spongebob one, not /pol/ but the trump vid has a nice melody

BIG FAT LOVE
>>
>>86575651
FIND COMMON GROUND
>>
SAY WHAT AGAIN
>>
File: 1502762409934.jpg (81KB, 891x890px) Image search: [Google]
1502762409934.jpg
81KB, 891x890px
>>86574908
Pogo remixes fundamentally condense and highlight the emotional core of the source material, be it humourous, sentimental, surreal or moody. It's the complete opposite of mindless and emotionless, >>86575533 is a perfect example.

You are the one who sounds like the high schooler in this situation, you realize
>>
>>86576118
Frankly your analysis doesn't hold up if you actually try to apply it to his work, making your statement more of a personal interpretation of a single instance than a deliberate intention on the part of the artist.

I'm curious how you would try to argue "Data" "condenses the emotional core" of Star Trek.
>>
Futhermore, does the 'condensing' of nostalgic childhood pop-culture properties really amount to a 'emotional and mindful' product? Or is it a cheap way to vault mediocre edm music into notoriety by associating with well known staples of childhood fancy?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.