[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come when women reach a certain level of reasonably above

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0459.jpg (191KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
191KB, 1366x768px
How come when women reach a certain level of reasonably above average intelligence, they stop liking what almost every other woman likes? For example, most women like watching Sex and the City and Orange is the new black, but if a woman reaches at least a certain level of reasonably high intelligence they completely stop liking those things? The same can't really be said for men, where men of higher intelligence such as engineers and CEOs etc are still able to enjoy what most men like such as video games and shows such as the sopranos and better call saul.
>>
I don't think that's accurate at all and is merely the product of a personal observation you've made
>>
>>86565875
Same applies to intelligent males too with sports, models and talking about fucking bitches and getting wasted all the time.

That being said i get where you're coming from.
>>
>>86565875
I'm an engineer so thanks for the compliment bro
>>
>>86565875
Your arguments are based on normie generalizations that you can't really back up. Being intelligent and successful doesn't really tell you much. Some of those people might prefer to turn off their brain to schlock while others might prefer something more intellectual only. Really makes no difference. People who are intelligent and successful tend to not have enough time to give movies much thought.
>>
>>86565955
You confused intelligent men with autist neckbeards
>>
>>86565875
True. I've known geniuses that like then Big Bang Theory and idiots that love Rock and Morty.

You can never judge a book by its cover
>>
Good observation OP. I agree.
>>
>>86565875

that's not true at all

every woman has their dumb reality show or TV series that they indulge in
>>
Trying to be special snowflake maybe. Lower class women don't care so much. The ones being higher want to be unique in every way. Men usually don't care but there are some exceptions.
>>
>>86565875
My sister makes 284k annually, Is WAY above average inteligence and watches all the turbo nomie stuff.
>>
>>86566808
yeah taste and intelligence don't necessarily line up. I had an engineer friend who's really sharp when it comes to her field of expertise but it's like all her intelligence is channeled into that -- her favorite entertainment is dating sims, Game Grumps, and Game of Thrones.
>>
>>86566619
yeah indulge is the key word. An above average woman will let themselves indulge maybe once a year and it's probably during a stressful crisis when they aren't 100% healthy etc. An average woman spends almost all their spare time watching that stuff though.
>>
It is true about men, just with different shit.

>watching sports
>watching reality TV shows
>>
>>86567127
only the bottom 40% of men watch those things though
>>
>>86567195
Bullshit, when I was in university it was extremely rare to encounter people who rejected those things
>>
>>86567282
uni doesn't automatically imply above average people unless it's a particularly good university
>>
>>86565913
fpbp, op has no data to derive this statistical knowledge from, only made up bullshit
>>
>>86567588
haven't you seen the episode with Jan levinson scouting dundermifflin for leader types? It explores the issue at depth
>>
When I saw the miniature I thought that this thread is going to be about The Office and I got dissapointed when I found out that it isn't the topic. Let's make it an Office thread right now
>>
>>86565875

I've dated/known some intelligent women, well educated and successful who still watch shit like the bachelor, TLC reality shows, celeb bullshit, etc.

Based on my anecdotal evidence, it depends on the person. It would be interesting to see a stat like x% of women with Masters/PHD's still watch bullshit vs. y% of men, or based on salary over $100K instead of education
>>
>>86565875

>The same can't really be said for men

Yes it can. If anything I've seen it happen more with men, we go through all these phases. Women do get over it, but it's not met with the same kind of shame that ours is.
>>
>>86565875
>The same can't really be said for men, where men of higher intelligence such as engineers and CEOs etc are still able to enjoy what most men like such as video games and shows such as the sopranos and better call saul.

It should be very simple to tell the difference between clever people engaging in and discussing a shared hobby and regular people doing the same. They're usually the same hobbies.

This is not a way men and women are different.
>>
>>86565913
Damn..
>>
>>86567692
>wanting an office thread
>not a mommy thread
>>
>>86565875
LMAO video games, dude, you're not smart; you're a little faggot.
>>
>>86567805
all my science professors play real time strategy games on the weekends
>>
>>86565875
Of the two smartest women I know, one religiously watches RuPaul's drag race, the other has watched multiple seasons of multiple versions of Real Housewives.
>>
>>86565875

like children growing out of their toys
>>
>>86567848
degrees don't make you smart, idiot, that's why they're teachers
>>
>>86566024
the vast majority of movies don't need much thought. The quality is usually self-evident when something is shit. You don't need to analyze it, it's an immediate reaction to something stupid. Be it a plot hole, or bad writing, or an unfunny joke or something that makes the world not internally consistent.
>>
Intelligence=/=wisdom and modern IQ tests don't tell you your actual G factor, they just tell you where you rank compared to your peers.

There are multiple areas of intelligence, as well and while being Intelligent is a strong indicator of success for the most part is just means you need to put in less effort to get the same results. I think the meme is you can technically do any job with an IQ of 115 given enough work ethic. The person that gives off an aura of intelligence and success might actually be very average but had opportunities and was hardworking.
>>
>>86567195
that's not true here most men are into football to some degree, even those who don't end up watching shit like the championsleague finale

and literally every young guy plays fifa
>>
should I watch sex and the city as a 19 year old guy? for cultural value or whatever
>>
>>86568767
What do you do if you aren't intelligent at all?
>>
>>86565875
i dont think you actually spoke to a woman in at least a year. you think they are still watching sex and the city? fuck no, theyve decided your favorite shows are now theirs to change how they want. and they will
>>
>>86565875
all the doctors and PHDs I know watch 0 hours of tV and film and play 0 hours of vidya, the do partake in music, but otherwise its just work, maybe golf/tennis/cycling/travel
>>
I might not be smart but I have street smarts. Just as important.
>>
>>86569097
spend a few days around niggers and you pick up street smarts
you're still a fucking idiot
>>
>>86568815
I watched it to get laid with a girl when I was your age and I can safely say it's shit. Not even titties in it to look at occasionally. Avoid
>>
>>86569078
what to people watch nowadays than? from my experience everyone watches the netflix flavor of the month shit like black mirror or 13 reasons
>>
>>86569152
Game of thrones, orange is the new black, whatever is on e4 (I live in I'm, stuff like TBBT, how I met your mother etc.) Friends, and yeah black mirror. Maybe some reality shit like next top model or whatever. Nerdy girl gamer types will like rick and Morty and futurama too.

All shit in my opinion except early futurama.
>>
>>86568768
Not to be a snowflake, but I'm 21 and I played lots of video games in my youth and I never watched a game or played fifa or did anything sports entertainment related.
>>
My GF is one of the smartest people I know and likes kino all day everyday but watches the E channel because she says she sometimes needs some mindless shit to just turn her brain off for a bit
>>
>>86565913
OP absolutely blown the fuck out
>>
>>86570573
are you american?
>>
>>86565875
>reasonably above average intelligence
Gonna need to elaborate. I personally know a woman in medschool who almost exclusively watches reality shows and acts like a typical woman, but is a genius in math and biochemistry. I guess what I'm saying is you can't correlate intelligence with taste in media. Sure there are movies and television shows that require you to use your brain more than others, but shows that appeal to the lowest common denominator are just that "common" as in intelligent and stupid people both can enjoy them. It's the pseudo-intellectuals that don't in an attempt to prove they are smarter and above that crap.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.