[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Everyone talking about the latest capeshit show or GoT >I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Mad Men 2.jpg (660KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Men 2.jpg
660KB, 2400x1350px
>Everyone talking about the latest capeshit show or GoT
>I'm stuck watching Mad Men for the 1000th time
Will anything else ever compare guys? Also Mad Men thread I guess, been too long since the good old /scpd/ days
>>
>>86564963
How can you rewatch it that much? It's good, but not multiple rewatches good. I've marathoned it twice, and will watch again probably in 3-4 years.
>>
>>86566034
It's the best tv series ever. It's worth multiple rewatches.
>>
File: 1495951443199.png (616KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495951443199.png
616KB, 848x480px
>>86564963
I've only watched the series two and a half times total but there are favorite episodes of mine (The Suitcase, Signal 30, Commissions and Fees, etc) that I can put on anytime I'm in the mood for a little Mad Men. They are just so good I don't think I'll ever tire of them. I wish they would consider making a "2 hour TV movie" and bring the cast back for a reprise, maybe to reminisce about Roger at his funeral??
>>
It has some brilliant moments but it's not Sopranos/Wire tier.
>>
>>86566459
While the highs of each series can be argued, there's nothing in Mad Men as bad as the Columbus Day episode, A Hit is a Hit, Brother Mouzone, or certain elements of Season 5 of The Wire.
>>
File: 1496497501479.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496497501479.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>86566670
>that scene where they try to use cgi to animate tonys mother after the actress died
>>
>>86566670
I disagree, Mad Men for the most of the first 3 seasons is a directionles mess. And with a few notable exceptions (Don, Roger, Joan) the acting is laughably bad.
>>
>>86564963
My friend and I finally got to admit we liked each other, after watching the series finale together.
>>
>>86566459
Great Big Belt Buckle >>> Interior Decorator

>>86566670
is A Hit is a Hit the massive g episode?
>>
>>86564963

The final episodes sucked dick. Sloppily rushed bullshit.

Still a great show.
>>
Are there any shows that compare in comfiness?

Mad Men had it all, no violence, 60's aesthetic, well lit and generally beautiful, and kinda low stakes plot.
>>
>>86567576
People of Earth is my current comfy show but I think I'm the only person that watches it
>>
>>86566909
>the acting is laughingly bad
I've never heard anyone claim this
>>
Too low IQ for Twin Peaks: The Return? Sad!
>>
>>86568468
That's because it's not true lmao.
I'd agree the show really became something amazing from 'Shut the Door, Have a Seat' onwards but to claim the first 3 seasons are bad is just wrong. Episodes like 'The Hobo Code' prove the show was always being set up to be great.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.