[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Voldemort explode into a million little pieces when he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

File: hu837y6fhwisi5.jpg (60KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
hu837y6fhwisi5.jpg
60KB, 980x490px
Why did Voldemort explode into a million little pieces when he died?
Wasn't the whole point that with all his Horcruxes now destroyed he was just a normal human again?
>>
No, he was much less than that. The Horcruxes were holding pieces of his soul, his body was technically human(though obviously altered) but his soul was irreparably damaged.
>>
It was a subtle homage to the Wizard of Oz
>>
Guess they wanted more of a spectacle for the movie. The book did it far better by just having him slump over, dead.
>>
File: 1484382473467.jpg (548KB, 1616x2896px) Image search: [Google]
1484382473467.jpg
548KB, 1616x2896px
Much like this opener, a dull attempt was made to save face for the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>86558864
This. Typical Hollywood antics. Voldemort realising he'd lost and then dying in the Great Hall, falling over feebly as the whole school watches was great. But of course Warner Bros wanted to make it more epic by staging the fight outside, with just Harry and Voldemort and with a stupid 3D effect of Voldemort's skin flying all over the audience.
>>
>>86558979
there you are old friend
>>
>>86558979
I wish someone would spam a pasta like this in the 15 GoT threads that are up at any given time.
>>
Were there any showers in Hogwarts? I know they mention bathrooms and we see Harry get into a massive swimming pool sized bath intended for Prefects, but surely the students don't want to go down four floors every day carrying a towel, shampoo and new clothes?
>>
>>86558251
Why didn't he created horcruxes out of beach sand? Why didn't he throw horcruxes in volcanos? Why didn't he shoot horcruxes into space?
>>
>>86560265
Because he was like selfish and prideful or whatever. Everybody knows that villains don't fail because they have made existential mistakes that brought them to this, and have bankrupt ideologies, the villains lose because all of them just can't help creating a big glowing stupid weak point.
>>
>>86560265
The book explains it by saying Riddle was very self-obsessed and very interested in wizard lore ever since he found out he was a wizard. He also had an obsession of collecting trophies ever since he was young (doing some fucked up shit to some fellow orphans on a secluded beach when the orphanage went for a seaside trip and then keeping some stones from that beach as a trophy for what he'd done to those boys). These obsessions for wizard lore and making/collecting trophies resulted in him looking for specific relics from wizard history that would be "worthy" of being a Horcrux/keeping a part of his soul. Hence the diadem, locket, cup and ring, all of which once belonged to the founders of Hogwarts. His diary was his first Horcrux and he used it to test if he could make one, and he succeeded, after killing Moaning Myrtle. He was so self-obsessed that he thought his diary (which probably contains a lot of his research into wizard lore) would be worthy of being a Horcrux.

This doesn't explain why instead of a huge snake mascot he didn't go for a grain of sand and teleport it to the Sahara though. Though I seem to remember that the objects had to have some magical quality to them. Still, the point stands.
Voldemort could easily have made the Horcruxes literally impossible to find, but then we wouldn't have much of a story. At least the book tries to explain why he went for specific items of worth.
>>
>>86558251
How could he be revived if the the horcruxes could never be found by henchman?
>>
Why are you questioning what happens in childrens movies? Do you watch capeshit too?
>>
>>86561721
You don't revive people with horcruxes, it's just a part of their soul sealed away, ensuring that they don't actually fully die when they're killed. The Death Eaters had no idea what to do to revive Voldemort, even though some of them knew about the horcruxes.
Guess Voldy should've told his followers about the magic ritual potion thing in case anything every went wrong
>>
>>86560265
Don't you have an epilogue to write?
>>
Because it's a shit movie and to keep fucking retards like you OP from sticking their dicks in power sockets.
>>
>>86558979
I have a hypothesis that this guy makes all the harry potter threads, therefore he is able to pasta almost instantly
>>
>>86558251
He didn't he kind of dissapeared into ash. The point was when you saw the fetus he was rotted away and less than man and spirit at that point
Bookfags like >>86558864
>>86559386
are not only retards but pretentious LE THIS fedora tipping, armchair directors. Always saying JK is a bad writer and then gettinh upset when the films that were directed by men did things their way.

>>86558404 is correct
>>
>>86561807
>he doesn't know goblet of fire and deathly hallows were rated R by the mpaa and had to be cut significantly
>he doesn't know most people were 17-25 when they saw the last four films
Shiggggyy
>>
>>86562364
No he's just the megaautist that hates potter being liked and praised.
>>
>>86562661
The final battle between Harry and Voldemort in the books was much more epic. Every teacher, Order member, villager, side character was dueling the Death Eaters. Everyone was locked in combat all around the Great Hall as bits were blasting from the walls while Harry and Voldemort were dueling. Surely this would've made for a great set piece and scene for the final fight? Everyone getting involved, everyone you've come to know throughout the films getting their time to shine before Harry deals the final blow. I have no idea why they changed this to just Harry and Voldemort outside the castle and alone. It felt really underwhelming when Harry won and walked back into the castle and nobody even speaks to him.
>>
>>86562774
>>86562364
It's a meme at this point and fun copypasta to keep on hand, I know I do and post it in a thread if I don't see it already. The varying quality of writing the intro tells me at least a couple people are posting it.
>>
>>86562661
Your enjoyment of the fetus doesn't make sense with your support of the magical pieces. The point in both the movie's soul fetus and the book's feeble mortal death was to show that he had made his human part incredibly sadly weak. Bookfags are merely turned off that the public didn't see how humiliated and weak Voldemort was, since he died in neat fireworks in the movie.
>>
>>86562967
It would have just been filler until the inevitable result. I probably would have skipped over it because the rest of the movie was not an indication that it would have been shot or choreographed well.
>>
>>86562733
>You're a Grand Wizard, Harry!
Jesus Christ Rowling
>>
Why didn't voldemort just stab harry with a knife if all his wands couldn't kill him?
>>
>>86563229
What? They went all-out in the final movie and the Battle of Hogwarts in particular. Armies clashing, Trolls and Giants fighting enchanted statues etc. Why would they skip out on all the characters fighting in that final scene? I can see why they cut out the house elves rising up from the kitchens and stabbing people in the legs, but apart from that I don't see why they cut so much.

Or are you saying that if they HAD done it, it would've looked shit?
>>
What was this supposed huge plothole Rowling discovered after almost finishing Goblet of Fire that caused her to completely rewrite it?
>>
>>86563933
That the series wasn't dull enough
>>
>>86563933
Fred and George never noticed Peter sleeping with Ron every night.
>>
>>86560073
Don't let your dreams be dreams
>>
>>86563933
Mafalda Weasley was going to be Ron's cousin. She served the same purpose as Rita Skeeter with outside information of the school but Rowling realized it didn't make sense for a 12 year old girl to have all that information
>>
>>86561481
The snake was the living proof that he was a descendant of Slitherin given he could talk to it.
Also being a genius he was probably the first person ever to make a living creature into a horcrux.
Combine the both and the snake's downright perfect.
>>
>>86562252
the only eater that knew about the horcruxes was Regulas Black and then he only knew about the locket.

Voldy didn't tell his followers because he couldn't imagine that the only one that would come looking for him would be Peter Petigrew and then only after 13 years living as a rat.
Even then the bone blood flesh spell wasnt the original plan. He wanted the philosophers stone. he didn't think Dumbledore and Flamel would destroy it because he himself can't imagine destroying the thing that kept him immortal and just be willing to die like Flamel
>>
>>86564230
To be perfectly fair for Voldy: a very good number of his followers DID try to look for him, it's just that the ones that were fanatical enough all got either apprehended or killed through their own stupidity or else got ratted out by their less than dedicated peers.
>>
>>86564060
eh. I'm willing to handwave by just saying they never bothered to look at their own dorms while roaming the halls and hiding from Filch and Mrs Norris and whatever teachers were patrolling the halls.
>>
>>86564411
Maybe if he wasn't such a dick to everyone things would have gone a lottle better for him.
>>
>>86560073
Don't just wish, make it happen. Be your own hero.
>>
>>86561481
>This doesn't explain why

but you just explained it. in detail.
>>
>>86564411
i thought only the 4 did. the 3 Lestranges and Barty Crouch.
>>
>>86564552
>>86564131
I don't watch the show so I wouldn't know how to meme it up properly, unfortunately.
>>
>>86564634
they were the most prominent ones, there was a pretty big purge when he "died" and the ministry at that point was in full war mode and gave their aurors the orders to "shoot first, see if there's more than gibs left later"

all the fanatics got themselves killed
>>
>>86558251
I'll never undertand why they turned him into Pepe for the movie adaptations.
>>
>>86564199
Yeah, that was a silly joke. I know full well how the snake was important to him and very worthy in his eyes to become a Horcrux. I was just humouring the anon I was replying to by pointing out that Voldemort could've dropped one of his Horcrux ideas and make a grain of sand or something inconspicuous and hide it in such a way that nobody could ever find it, but that this wouldn't make for a good story. It's whole eagles/Mordor thing all over again.

>>86564230
>>86564411
Regulus might've been the only one to know the exact nature of Voldemort's immortality, but the Death Eaters certainly knew that he'd done something to make him impossible to kill. In the graveyard scene he says
>And then I ask myself, but how could they have believed I would not rise again?
>They, who knew the steps I took, long ago, to guard myself against mortal death?

They knew he wasn't dead after the Potter incident. They just had no way to find him. A lot of them didn't bother because they were done with this kinda stuff, or they were Confunded. But yeah, the people who did try and find him ended up in Azkaban, or simply gave up. Voldemort was an invisible ghost at that point basically, so they couldn't even help him if they tried. It's only after Voldemort got stronger over time that he was able to possess animals and eventually wizards (Quirrell).
>>
>>86564860
thats how he looks in the books you mong
>>
File: Tom Riddle.jpg (48KB, 736x754px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Riddle.jpg
48KB, 736x754px
Best Voldemort
>>
>>86564167
I've heard about this scrapped Mafalda character somewhere. So she was going to be Ron's cousin and start her first year at Hogwarts during GoF? And she would be evil for some reason and sneak around the school and leak information to the Daily Prophet?
Sure it's a stupid idea, but not worthy calling it a complete rewrite just to get rid of her and introduce Skeeter. Is this really this huge, big plothole that nearly caused her a nervous breakdown and led to months of rewriting?
>>
>>86558864
also disliked that they had this fight between him and potter in the film when it's a pretty massive plot point in the books that no matter how damaged his soul was, voldy was vastly more powerful and skilled than harry to the point that any fair fight where the latter wasn't abusing the hell out of obscure laws of magic would end with a very much dead "chosen one" roughly 3 seconds after the fight started.
>>
>>86565273
Ignore the idiot. On the subject though, in the books he also had red eyes with vertical slits but I'm glad they opted out of doing that
>>
>>86565349
Not white enough.
>>
>>86563103
the actual structure is from harold bloom which i find unbelievably satisfying
>>
>>86565233
good point but in hbp snape mentions a few death eaters that thought that he was just dead and didn't believe it. he says "finished" but i figure they thought dead
>>
>>86564553
see
>>86565233
It was a poorly worded attempt to show how his opinion about sand Horcruxes wouldn't work as a story, regardless of the fact that Voldemort choose his Horcruxes carefully and with reason.
>>
So after the diary and the four heirlooms Voldemort had five horcruxes. I imagine he made Nagini his sixth sometime before trying to kill Harry as I can't imagine him being strong enough to do that in Albania.
But what was his plan for the seventh horcrux? We know it was Harry, but Voldemort never figured that out. He was always going to make seven, so why didn't he make another one once he was revived? And what kind of object would it be?
>>
>>86565972
absolutely nothing, he wanted to split his soul in 7 pieces
so 6 horcruxes and one left in his body
>>
>>86566005
Oh yeah, that makes sense. He just never knew he split his soul into 8 pieces accidentally.
>>
>>86558979
Based potter poster
>>
>>86558251
Why the fuck didnt Voldemort put the Plotcruxes in another dimension or at the bottom on the ocean?
>>
>>86566193
They'd have to be able to get them back to revive him, right?
>>
>>86566193
A better question would be why didn't Hermione the Supreme Genius just throw the Horcrux in her bottomless bag so Ron didn't go full bitch-mode during their road trip
>>
>>86565386
If Rowling wanted a character to act as a spy for the Prophet and to humiliate Hagrid to the point that he locks himself away and cries for days, I have no idea why it would even cross her mind to make this character a Weasley relative.

>Sure it's a stupid idea, but not worthy calling it a complete rewrite just to get rid of her and introduce Skeeter.
I imagine Mafalda would've been at the Quidditch World Cup in the first draft, and that's a large part of the book. I don't think they even reach Hogwarts until one-third into the book. That's a lot of dialogue and plot set-ups to change, keep in mind she'd basically finished writing the whole book at this point.
>>
>>86566322
no
>>
If they ever did a spin-off film series again like with Fantastic Beasts, what would you like it to be about?
>>
>>86567559
I just want the setting to be Hogwarts again if they ever do it. I know it's cliché but following the Marauders would be cool. But please no sequel focusing on Harry's children
>>
>>86567559
the four house founders. one movie from each ones prespective till the 5th movie were its the inevitable big fight where it turns out slytherin didn't "just walk out" he went full evil and the other three had to fight and kill him and decided to hide that truth for him and Hogwartz's reputation.
>>
>>86567996
That actually sounds quite interesting. They could expand on the lore of Hogwarts and its founders. Slytherin's there as a villain. That could work.

The thing with HP spin offs is that it's difficult to get a good villain in there without going "oh yeah there's this new dark wizard now and he's even more powerful!", which is terrible. They lucked out with Grindelwald for Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them because that was already in the lore since book one. But Salazar Slytherin is a great option because we already know he was a racist dick who built a secret chamber and hid a Basilisk there that kills mudbloods.

>>86567909
>But please no sequel focusing on Harry's children
In general I think spin offs should be set prior to the events of HP for the reasons I named above. If 19 years after Harry defeated Voldemort a new evil wizard would suddenly turn up it would feel lazy and cheap.
>>
>>86567996
One movie per Founder wouldn't work, maybe for Gryffindor and Slytherin but the other two seem kinda boring
>>
>>86558251
He returned from the brink of death from almost nothing. He went through the trouble of preparing several horcruxes, who knows what other ways he could escape death.

I guess turning him to dust felt more final.
>>
>>86564230
>>86565233
I'm sure Regulus wasn't the only one to know about horcruxes. When Voldy said:
>They, who knew the steps I took, long ago, to guard myself against mortal death?
What else could that mean other than his horcruxes? He probably never said what items they were but they obviously knew what he did to make himself immortal and they knew that after he "died" after trying to kill Harry, he wouldn't actually be dead.

>>86565603
"Finished" could easily just mean they thought his rule was over. They knew that Voldy was dead but they had no way to find or resurrect him, so they just got on with their lives, thinking their leader's reign was finished.
>>
>>86566193
If harry is a horcrux, and basilisk venom destroys horcruxes, then why didn't Harry instantly die when he got bitten by a basilisk in book 2?
>>
>Puts pieces of soul into various objects
>All objects get destroyed
>"BUH HE SHOULD STILL LIVE"

How is that fair?
>>
File: voldemort dindu nuffing.jpg (118KB, 1322x301px) Image search: [Google]
voldemort dindu nuffing.jpg
118KB, 1322x301px
>>86558251
>>
>>86570195
I vaguely remember JK Rowling being asked that question on Twitter, and, as always, she quickly made something up.
I think it was because the venom hadn't reached his blood or heart yet and Fawkes's tears healed him just in time. It's obviously just a plot hole though
>>
Why didn't he make more than 7 horcruxes?
>>
>>86570181
but Belatrix says about not killing Harry... "you kept him alive to revive a master you thought dead?" or something close to that.

>>86565233
>>86570181
but Voldy says it right there. They thought he was gone forever and couldn't resurrect him.
He says that he's disappointed in all of them for thinking he couldn't come back.

semantics though. the point is that none of them knew about the horcruxes. Not even Bellatrix and Lucius whom he gave each one of them.
>>
>>86570869
No one had ever even really tried to make more than one. He probably thought that seven would be more than enough.
>>
>>86569039
you're right. it was just what popped in my head. was trying to include all four. Ravenclaw's story could easily include the Diadem, her daughter and the Bloody Baron though. Interesting enough.
I don't know enough about Hufflepuff to even think of a story.
>>
>>86570195
>>86570649
She said a horcrux-receptacle has to be destroyed "beyond repair" and since Fawkes healed Harry before he died the horcrux didn't get destroyed

Then someone quickly asked her how come the resurrection stone still worked after it was destroyed "beyond repair" and she basically said Dumbledore is an amazing wizard and only he could have destroyed the horcrux within while keeping the magic of the stone intact

I find this stuff hilarious and I wish there was like a compilation pic of all her desperate attempts on twitter to explain obvious plot problems while pretending she never once made a mistake
>>
>>86570195
Phoenix Tears.
>>
>>86570869
>>86571029
He originally only made 5. Maybe he ran out of shit to use.

He only made Nagini one after he realized Harry was going after them and we don't know if he planned to make one from originally killing Harry.

The explanation we were given for Harry's was that Voldy's soul was so unstable, part of it just splintered into Harry.
>>
>>86570869
>>86571029
In the books it's explained that the number 7 is very significant in magic and that's what drew Riddle to that number. And as you said, no one had ever made more than one before. Splitting your soul so many times was supposedly highly dangerous.
>>
>>86570869
>>86571029
you guys are killing me.
the whole point of Harry getting Slughorn's memory was to see how many he wanted to make.
>Seven. Isn't seven the most magical number of all?
maybe that wasnt in the movie? I'm trying to be less of a pretentious bookfag but more trying to bridge the gap between the two.
>>
>>86571320
>Whoops, didn't mean to put my soul in there
>>
>>86571162
she should have just said that the resurrection stone was a Hallow. A much more powerful magical object than a horcrux. That's why it's HALLOWS NOT HORCRUXES.
>>
>>86571447
The resurrection stone was a Hallow
>>
>>86565972
nagini was made when he was babymort

>>86570869
because it dangerous creating even one, funnily enough he put his life in danger many times when creating them
>>
>>86558251
Because the movies are dumb
>>
>>86571447
That's the best thing about it though. Some of these plotholes can be explained in a reasonable way but the answers she comes up with aren't even that good or credible. Like how Ron managed to open the Chamber of Secrets to get the Basilisk fang. Rowling literally wrote that Ron had remembered the sounds Harry made in year two to open the Chamber and repeated them five years later. A language only an extremely select few can speak. He remembered it. She could've just said that the door was never locked after Harry killed the Basilisk. Monster's gone, no possible danger left in the Chamber, why would anyone go down there and lock the door? Much simpler, much more credible answer.
>>
File: Dumbledore and AU Dumbledore.jpg (53KB, 700x413px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbledore and AU Dumbledore.jpg
53KB, 700x413px
A Dumbledore falls in love with another Dumbledore.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex leviosa with the gay wizard's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and yes, yes, well done, he is of course overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well. HOWEVER, after some investigation, he finds out that the old man he called is his alternate universe counterpart that's evil and killed his AU Harry Potter. Sort of like an evil twin.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of each other. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other and question the NATURE of FORCED MEMES.
>>
>>86571729
HOWEVER finds a WAY!
>>
>>86571729
Already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
>>
>>86571729
>>>/a/
>>
File: 1437115383679.gif (515KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1437115383679.gif
515KB, 500x398px
>>86571729
The second Dumbledore was a mistake.
>>
>>86571320
whoa that's way off. when he went after Harry he had the diary, the ring, the cup, the locket, the diadem.
That's 5+1 in his body. Dumbledore even says killing Harry was going to be the final 7th piece. Dont know what he wanted to put it in.
He made one out of Nagini as soon as he could hold a wand again in Goblet of Fire because he felt like 7 was the magic number and that would further help make him even stronger.
he didn't know Harry was after them till Deathly Hallows.
>>
>>86571965
So, did the number 7 do anything?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170402-211416.jpg (206KB, 796x478px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170402-211416.jpg
206KB, 796x478px
>>86571562
yes. and when Harry asks spirit Dumbledore if Voldy knew about the Hallows he says he doesn't think so because he turned the stone into a horcrux.
I'm saying that she should have just said that the Hallow was to powerful to be destroyed by being a horcrux because it was originally more powerful.
Or fuck she could have said that the thing resurrected itself seeing as that's what it does.
Don't say it's cause Dumbledore was a great wizard again. He just hit it with Gryffindor's sword.
>>
>>86571965
>Dont know what he wanted to put it in
dumby just speculated that he only created horcruxes with deaths that mattered but that turned out to be wrong when rowling later said he killed some random muggles for some too
>>
>>86572097
it honestly might have but he fucked it up by making 8.
>>
>>86571860
I know it's been discussed to death but you have to remember that Gambon was following a script and the orders of a director. People seem to hate Gambon for this but the real people to blame are the scriptwriter and director who obviously wanted this scene to be more dramatic in order to really ram it in to the audience that Harry's name in the Goblet/his participation in the Tournament was serious business.
>>
>>86572097
>>86572204
it was just autism
>>
>>86572159
yeah i actually started writing out who he murdered but then i realized that didn't matter.
also the ring should have been the first and the diary second. nobody noticed anything different physically inbetween when he frames hagrid and his 7th year. by that time he made two.
should have been the ring the summer inbetween 6th year and 7th. (also coincides with Harrys 6th year). he comes back looking a little off. then his 7th year he feels like since he's finished with school its time to open the chamber. finally it happens and he makes the second one. which leads into his paler complexion described in the Hufflepuff Cup and Slytherin Locket flashback. Then he's off to find the Diadem he was told about in his 7th year by the Grey Lady.

Ah well
>>
What did the philosopher's stone even do?
>>
>>86572558
make gold and create booze that makes you not die naturally, though you can still be killed
>>
>>86572558
a source of rejuvinated immorality
>>
>>86572409
Impressive timeline knowledge. Makes me think that a single film about Tom Riddle's life at Hogwarts could work.
>>
File: 32456962345.jpg (428KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
32456962345.jpg
428KB, 1024x768px
Choose carefully, one of these will be your Hogwarts bedroommate for a full year
>>
>>86574101
It's amazing how good Emma looks as a brunette.
>>
>>86558979
Fucking BASED.
>>
tf is a horcrux
>>
Anyone remember/watch Wizard People, Dear Reader? It was basically a comedic voice over for the first film done by some guy in America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYPfOnuf9w&list=PLKZ4nXu_u5CQS3_brOmXa-O9B8599NhiQ

I remember having a good chuckle when I watched it ten years ago but I'm scared to watch it again and discover that it was shit and I only enjoyed it because at that time in my life I smoked a lot of weed.
>>
>hundreds of students going through puberty
>almost no supervision by teachers
>secret passages everywhere
>girls can just walk up to the boys dorms

So how many unexpected pregnancies popped up per year?
>>
>>86558979
>Complains about other people's writing ability
>Doesn't know how to properly use the word incredulous
>>
>>86575159
No, these videos are legitimately funny.
>>
>>86575315
Im sure theres a few but a quick fetus deletus from madame pomfrey takes care of em
>>
>>86575315
nothing that can't be fixed with a little fetus deletus charm
>>
>>86575315
>the real reason for poly juice potion
>>
Harry Potter is for pre teens

It's total garbage, both the books and the movies

The only thing that tricks people into thinking the movies are any good is the amount of great actors they managed to cast
>>
>>86558979
Lmao everytime.
>>
>>86575315
The magic thing that allows the ministry to monitor underage wizards is also a magic contraceptive.
>>
>>86575428
Oh good, I'll rewatch them some time. I remember bursting with laughter anytime Snape was on-screen. I think he made him a deranged old woman or something.
>>
Do people get polyjuice potion of girls they like for sexy time?
How many fantastic beasts are there supposed to be?
If there was another spin-off, I'd like an order of the Phoenix prequel.
>>
>>86575315
Those boarding school rumours you hear are based on truth.
Seriously though, looking at the situation objectively, of course all kinds of shit would have gone on at Hogwarts. Hormones are pumping, for every House you have a large part of a castle for about 70 teenagers to do what they want, with no supervision or rules, no cameras. Let alone all the possibilities of magic what with polyjuice and love potions (chloroform but they actually want it). It must be amazing to go through puberty at Hogwarts.

Fuck wanking over a biscuit and the last one to cum has to eat it, at Hogwarts you force a mate to drink polyjuice containing DNA of a hot girl and you start collectively wanking over her.
>>
Why don't the Weasley's just live in a nice suitcase. Or at least get the kids some suitcases for more room.
>>
>>86558979

hahahah i'm dying.

This is what copypasta should strive to be
>>
>>86575916
>Do people get polyjuice potion of girls they like for sexy time?
It takes months to brew it to completion and it's apparently very difficult, but I can imagine a dedicated group would form over the years that would sure there's always some Polyjuice Potion going around, possibly selling it to other students.

>How many fantastic beasts are there supposed to be?
As many as the story needs really.

>If there was another spin-off, I'd like an order of the Phoenix prequel.
As in, the original Order? That would be interesting, there's not a lot we know about them really. Harry's parents were in the Order but I think they were killed when they were about 20 and I keep wondering what the hell they contributed seeing as they'd only just left school, quickly had a child, and then went into hiding for a year while Voldemort's reign was at its highest. I'd love to see some Longbottom action though.
>>
>>86575315
>getting ready to fuck
>clothes off, whole nine yards
>Peeves shows up and farts in your face
>laughs at you because you can't tell the professor without exposing what you were doing
>>
>>86576580
>>getting ready to fuck
>>clothes off, whole nine yards
>>Moaning Myrtle shows up and begs for a 3some
>>
>>86576710
I remember fantasizing about Myrtle from the films when I was younger until I found out she was portrayed by a woman in her fourties
>>
>>86576710
>starts crying LOUDLY because you can't actually enter her
>"FIFTY POINTS IF IT GOES THROUGH HER HEAD!!!!!"
>>
>>86576580
Forgot about Peeves. He'd be a right nuisance, appearing out of nowhere all the time.

I'd have liked Peeves to be in the films. I know they cast the late great Rik Mayell and they even did a couple of scenes and effects and stuff before deciding to keep Peeves out of the films. I think it was simply because of time issues, and Peeves never really was that important to the plot so they decided to cut him. Best thing is that Rik Mayell did an interview where he said he got paid a ridiculous amount of money for playing Peeves for about two days, so even though he never appeared on screen Mayell made a shitload of money.
>>
>>86574101
Can never choose between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, love me some redheads and brunettes. But Slytherin Hermione looks terrible
>>
If a group of male students uses polyjuice potion to turn one of them into a hot girl and then a gangbang takes place, it is gay?

Would you do it? Would you still do it if you had to be the girl?
>>
>>86558251
he was a little scrap of humanity held up by tons and tons of dark magic
>>
I've often wondered how Americans feel about Rowling coming up with the American wizard school Ilvermorney. Did you like the backstory, the houses etc?
>>
>>86577683
I think that when you're between 14-16 years old you'd try anything. You'd probably draw straws to decide who would change into the girl and you'd all have a great time for about an hour, followed by a crippling sense of shame for the rest of your life, whether you were one of the guys or the girl
>>
>>86577683
I don't think it would work. Imagine being back at high school and for some reason one of your best friends somehow found a way to turn himself into a cute girl you know. I very much doubt you could get past the fact that you're fucking one of your friends.
>>
The real crime of bad writing in the entire Harry Potter saga is that nobody in the magical world bothered to announce that it was Harry's mother who initially defeated Voldermort using an ancient form of magic that took effect to protect Harry after her death. It was never about a Chosen One, there was never a Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter was never the hero that defeated the Dark Lord and the Dark Lord never has any reason to go after the kid. It's Lilly Potter who did everything, and apparently nobody cares.
>>
What's Rupert Grint doing these days? Emma and Daniel are all trying different things with acting, but last I heard Rupert was selling ice cream to children from a van.
>>
>>86579257
I've always been confused about the whole prophecy thing. The entirety of book five is about Voldemort and his followers trying to sneak into the Ministry to get a glass ball that says neither can live while the other survives. Why was he so fixated on obtaining the prophecy in the first place? After getting back his body surely his main motivation would be to kill Harry and rule the world, not worrying about some shit a random soothsayer like Trelawney once said who had a terrible record of true predictions anyway.
>>
>>86560114
There was probably a spell for that. Just chant an incantation and all the dirt and grime washes off you.
>>
>>86558979

Always gets a smile out of me.
>>
>>86558979
>Hogwarts Academy
>>
>>86558979
I don't think a woman has ever created anything close to art.
>>
>>86579728
a woman directed the american psycho movie.
>>
>>86558251
Rowling saw LotR.
>>
>>86561721
Horcruxes are just to prevent you from truly dying. Peter Pettigrew found Voldemort in Albania, created a rudimentary body for him, then did the ritual in GoF to revive him for real.
>>
>>86565349
This. Why couldn't they recast him for the 6th movie? That other kid was worse than kid Anakin.
>>
>>86579499
The prophecy was about someone capable of killing Voldemort. Snape had heard only a part of it, and Voldemort wanted to hear the rest in case there was any useful information (after all, the first half seemed eerily true because Voldy "died" after trying to kill Harry). Ironically, there was nothing important in the rest of the prophecy.
>>
>>86577872
>co-founded by a Muggle
What the fuck
>>
File: gabbers.jpg (59KB, 676x270px) Image search: [Google]
gabbers.jpg
59KB, 676x270px
>>86579823
And yet you still can't acquire dubs.
>>
>>86582050
But I can.
>>
>>86558251
Why was Voldemort so afraid of death anyway?

Like, he wasn't a muggle. He knew souls existed. He knew about Dementors and other ammortal beings. Why didn't he just accept death and keep his soul in tact to go do dank afterlife wizard shit.

Like holy shit I'll never understand Voldemort's motivation. I'm terrified of dying but that's because I don't live in a world where I can literally go see ghosts/hard evidence of souls and an afterlife.
>>
Hes a homunculus; made from dark magic. But at the end of the day it was shit fight anyway, he killed himself for the second time because of `Reasons` And the sheep once again believed that, Harry Potter was king.
>>
>>86574101
Hufflepuff or Slytherin. I can not decide
>>
To make it look cool for the 3D
>>
>>86582517
Because he was a generic representation of evil and he needed to be alive to have "power".
>>
File: IMG_4067.jpg (69KB, 536x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4067.jpg
69KB, 536x533px
>>86558979
The opener to open all openers
>>
>>86582703
Ralphie rules, he'd take Voldemort apart at the joints
>>
File: ron-crookshanks-300px-mt.jpg (42KB, 256x300px) Image search: [Google]
ron-crookshanks-300px-mt.jpg
42KB, 256x300px
Same reason why the magic fights in the latter films turned out to be just laser shows: terrible director.
>>
>>86574101
Ravenclaw
>>
>>86582517
Because he was a pussy.
>>
>>86579823
sure, but the majority of directors aren't really "creators"
>>
File: 78ck841.png (240KB, 600x966px) Image search: [Google]
78ck841.png
240KB, 600x966px
>>86571729
>>
File: genius.jpg (11KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
11KB, 282x179px
Why didn't voldemort and his chums just kill everyone and lock Harry in a four by four metre metal torture box until the end of time?
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.