[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entire galaxy for the spin offs to explore. >remember the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: obi.jpg (292KB, 700x576px) Image search: [Google]
obi.jpg
292KB, 700x576px
Entire galaxy for the spin offs to explore.

>remember the Death Star?
>remember Han Solo?
>remember Obi Wan?

Stop.
>>
>>86553999
>remember chairs?
>>
>>86553999
It's too late. Better get used to the fact that Star wars has sucked since about 3/4 of the way through ROTJ.
>>
>>86554115
>remember breasts?
>>
>>86553999
>remember Tatooine?
>remember Naboo?
>remember the cantina?
>remember Ponda Baba?
>remember Cornelius?
>remember the Bantha?
>remember Jawas?
>remember REMEMBER???????
>>
>>86555625
Remember Darth Revan?
>>
I WANT MY STAR WARS MOVIES WITH 23% MORE DARTH VADER IN THEM PLEASE
>>
>>86555655
Normies who didn't own an original Xbox probably don't even know who he is.
>>
Do you really want Disney to shit on the expanded universe?
>>
>>86555995
They already have by claiming all of it isn't canon.
>>
File: tfa.jpg (2MB, 1458x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
2MB, 1458x2160px
>prequels added a variety of planetary environments
>tfa had a desert planet for ep IV nostalgia, a snow planet for ep V nostalgia, and a forest planet for ep VI nostalgia
>>
>>86555625

EVERYTHING SHOULD ALWAYS BE DIFFERENT

NEVER REFERENCE OR SHOW ANY OLD CHARACTERS/LOCATIONS AND EVENTS

You autists are so fucking annoying.

Go let your wife get cucked while you watch RLM videos.
>>
>>86556103
And X-Wings, A death star, a non-speaking, cute droid and...a million other nostalgic things.

How can anyone even defend that garbage is beyond me.
>>
obi wan solo movie is the only thing that can save star wars at this point. the mainline which has never been that great(it has its moments) is completely in the shitter. should have done this instead of a han solo spinoff which is a stupid idea.
>>
>>86556158
I want someone to figure out exactly what percentage of TFA is just OT nostalgia. I'm willing to bet at least 50% of the movie's total runtime is dedicated to callbacks and straight up ripping scenes from the OT.
>>
>>86555995
>Expanded universe

You mean Disney™'s Star Wars™' Legends™, right?
>>
>>86555995
They are shitting on it. Brainlets like>>86556050 get butthurt by their clain it isn't cannon, but they are using (bastardizing, really) the eu to make their new stories.

Darth dorkus got corrupted by exar kun at lukes camp. I called it years ago when the leaks for the first movie came out. I still stick by my prediction. And exar kun only exists in the eu.
>>
File: 1305471402923.png (102KB, 402x390px) Image search: [Google]
1305471402923.png
102KB, 402x390px
I just want to see more of Ewan as Obi-Wan without Disney completely fucking everything up about him.
>>
>>86556129
References and continuity are fine.

When the only things in your movie that generate emotion in the audience are references and continuity, THAT'S a problem. It's anti-cinema.
>>
>>86556227
>at least 50%
Has to be more. Easier to count the things that AREN'T references or callbacks. Let's start.

Uh.

Mhmm.

This is hard.
>>
>>86556129
RLM fags loved Nu-Wars you faggot
>>
>>86556227
Excuse me, it would be faster to find what isn't actually nostalgia in TFA. Let's see, a black Stormtrooper, an annoying Mary Sue lead and two weak ass villains. That's it
>>
>>86556458
>>86556515
Kylo stopping the blaster shot in midair
Kylo's saber
The monster things Han was smuggling

I really can't think of more.
>>
>>86553999
Everyone wants an Obi-Wan movie, asshole. Based Ewan was one of the good things about the prequels.
>>
>>86556641
>The monster things Han was smuggling
It was a retread from the spiders they found inside that giant worm that swallowed the Falcon in ESB.

>Kylo's saber
Yes, and it was extremely stupid. Lightsaber are just tools, they aren't supposed to have a personality.
>>
>>86556475

Watch their Rogue One review, cuckboy.
>>
>>86553999
yeah because all those new characters were really great in rogue one
you idiot
>>
>>86556700
About the monster, it was more like the tentacle thing in the Death Star garbage disposer in ANH
>>
>>86556641
>Kylo stopping the blaster shot in midair
Isn't that sort of what Vader does to Han's blast in Empire, ONLY COOLER?
>>
>>86556729
>Implying Rogue One wasn't just another nostalgiafest
>>
>>86555921
Fuckin' normies, what a buncha losers.
>>
>>86556824
I don't disagree with that and that's not a bad thing
>>
>>86555655
Remember Kreia?
>>
>>86556727
They ripped Rogue One to keep some street credibility, but everyone knows they sold out to Disney. Everything that is wrong with Rogue One is far worse in TFA. Their criticism doesn't make sense, they're dishonest whores on payroll. I wonder if they got paid to rip the prequels apart and trigger George selling his company to this fags
>>
File: mynock_ebaea509.jpg (414KB, 768x430px) Image search: [Google]
mynock_ebaea509.jpg
414KB, 768x430px
>>86556700
>identifying spiders
>>
Disney is trying to give Star Wars the Marvel treatment, so instead of branching out and exploring brand new characters and ideas, they're just rehashing old characters because they believe Star Wars should be a cinematic universe similar to the MCU.
>>
File: esb-creature.jpg (82KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
esb-creature.jpg
82KB, 1280x544px
>>86557186
I don't know what that is but I immediately made the connection with the Rathars. And the setting was the same, the Falcon trapped inside something with weird creatures let lose. There is a connection with the trash compactor scene from ANH too. JJ Abrams just merged these two scenes into one very stupid and thought he was very smart, nobody will notice I'm ripping of the OT because the scenes are merged together, disjointed and patched in a completely different order, with swapped characters. Besides, the story doesn't make any sense, nobody will compare that mess to the OT.
>>
File: realassniggas.jpg (106KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
realassniggas.jpg
106KB, 1536x864px
clonekino FUCKING WHEN
>>
I don't even think there should be a whole movie about Obi-wan. It should be a movie that takes place in a certain period with new character, and eventually old character could have parts in it. At this point we're going to get a Liea , Chewie, and C3PO spin-offs because the vampires at Disney don't even want to attempt at creating just one new thing that isn't pandering to a certain race or gender or whatever how they see the audience as just a bunch of boxes they have to tick
>>
>>86554140
>remember Luuke Skywalker?
>>
I want to know more about this guy.
>>
This franchise in a nutshell at this point:
>>
>>86553999
>implying this board hadn't been begging for an Obi-Wan solo film since it was announced that Star Wars spinoffs were going to be a thing
>>
>>86561702
He was the designated high ground guy
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.