[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to start watching Stargate SG-1. Should I watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-Stargateposter.jpg (14KB, 220x340px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Stargateposter.jpg
14KB, 220x340px
I'm planning to start watching Stargate SG-1. Should I watch the movie before the series?
>>
absolutely. first episodes are the direct contiunation of the movie.
>>
>>86542159
Yes.
>>
Only watch the movie
>>
File: Kurt Stargate.png (557KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt Stargate.png
557KB, 1280x528px
>>86542159

Yes.
>>
>>86542159
It's a very different tone than the TV show, but it sets up the story and has some key plot elements, so definitely.
>>
Yes, also it's worth mentioning that the first episodes can seem quite a bit different from later in the series, but it gets downright comfy pretty quickly.
>>
File: Viper.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Viper.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>86542220

Wrong
>>
It doesn't matter. They talk about the backstory in a few episodes of the show, but it's unimportant. The tone of the movie and show are completely different too.
>>
>>86542235
>tfw balding so I can't get a flat top
>>
>>86542159
Yes, first the movie, then SG-1 then the Ori movie then Stargate Atlantis and then you stop DO NOT WATCH STARGATE UNIVERSE, PLEASE NOT.

Stargate is to me like crack to a nigger, you think the new Stargate will be good? If something like universe happens again I'm going to be mad.
>>
>>86542339
new stargate got cancelled mate
>>
>>86542362
Fuck me, I hate this world.

So stargate ends with season two of universe? UNIVERSE??

With fat virgin Eli and his fedora friendzone bullshit and the Sonic autism of Dr. Rush??
>>
>>86542511
streuth just kidding lad haha

u right fella?
>>
>>86542683
Yeah, haha...
>>
>>86542362
>>86542511
didn't you hear about SG:Origins ?
probably will be a blasphemy, though
>>
>>86542159
-Movie
-SG-1 season 1-7
-SG-1 7-10 and Atlantis 1-3 side by side, they share plot points, they aired at the same time and were made by the same people.
-First movie of SG-1: Ark of Truth.
-Atlantis season 4 and first episode of season 5.
-Second movie of SG-1: Continuum.
-Atlantis season 5.
-Universe.
>>
Meant to say SG-1 8*-10 and Atlantis 1-3.
>>
You can, but you really don't have to. It's not that good and the events of the film that continue into the show can be picked up as you watch.
>>
>>86542159
You need to watch the movie first, but be aware that the first season of the show was hot garbage
It gets better fast though with the second one
>>
>>86542159
>>86542159
>>86542159
Considering it is literally the only good thing about the Stargate Universe, yes watch the movie and nothing else
>>
>>86543765
Why would they think a prequel series is a good idea?
>>
>>86545382
nooneknows

maybe Emmerich tries to bring himself through with this, retconning the series
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.